Ahimsa

Trading Traded/Gifted Dragons

Is it alright to trade an egg someone else traded/gifted you?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm fine with people trading what I traded with them, but if it's people trading a gift I gave them, then no.

If I gift or trade something to someone, they're free to do whatever they like with it because it belongs to them at that point. I don't re-gift or re-trade, but I don't care what people do with the stuff I give/trade to them. smile.gif

If I get a gift, I consider it the height of rudeness to trade/re-gift/AP that gift.

A couple of times I haven't gotten exactly what I wanted from a trade, but those are still on my Scroll. I suppose it's ok to trade/re-gift in that circumstance.

Traded yes, gifted maybe.

Once it is on the other person's scroll, it isn't really my business anymore. When I post nice things on the departures thread, I usually request that the recipient doesn't trade/bite/kill it, but that is just a hope.

However, if I saw someone trading something special I had bred especially for them at their request, and they were all like, "I love it so much thank you I will name it," I probably wouldn't be gifting them anything else in the future.

I also follow this policy/ train of thought. Many times, I put up "Do what you will" offspring in the departure thread, but there have been times where I have seen dragons that I have bred specifically as gifts taken and later traded for "better lines."

This makes me sad and so I don't breed those lines as often. With trades, I think it is perfectly fine to re-trade. Though I usually don't do it.