Shokomon

DC Moon Watch (Tracking Sonata Breeding and Eclipse Effects!)

Phase change today, 5/18/2017

Aurax (GOLD MOON) No Phase Change! Waxing Gibbous ---Aurax more than 50% illuminated

Cirion (BLUE MOON) Phase change! Waxing Cresccent ---Cirion less than 50% illuminated

Eggs are expected to remain GOLD

Cave Born and bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be GOLD

Enjoy breeding and catching eggs!

Eggs will remain GOLD until 8 PM EDT on 5/21/2017

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's Daily Dragon Fix page that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

Millie_Azure's Lunar Herald long term calendar: user posted image Link

DC Moon Watch Document: user posted image Link

Shokomon's version of the cycler (also made by Pinkgothic): user posted image

Edited by ainisarie

Phase change today, 5/21/2017

Aurax (GOLD MOON) No Phase Change! Waxing Gibbous ---Aurax more than 50% illuminated

Cirion (BLUE MOON) Phase change! Waxing Gibbous ---Cirion more than 50% illuminated

Eggs are expected to change to SILVER

Cave Born and bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be SILVER

Eggs will remain Silver until 8 PM EDT on 5/29/2017

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's Daily Dragon Fix page that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

Edited by ainisarie

Thanks again for putting this thread together. Aside from the obvious ease of lunar herald breeding, it taught me that double full moons are a monthly occurrence, while double new moons never happen at all. Very neat biggrin.gif

Look, colour progression: https://dragcave.net/lineage/v79Th smile.gif

Very nice, Ruby Eyes. I am doing a huge project and have a ways to go yet.

On time!

--

On a side note,

Please, vote in the poll about alternate alert systems for the Lunar Herald Breeding Cycle as compared to the forum-based cycle! I would like to hear opinions on this.

-- Day 0

Phase Change Today @ 8:00PM EDT/DC!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Eggs are expected to stay Silver!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

Please, vote in the poll about alternate alert systems for the Lunar Herald Breeding Cycle as compared to the forum-based cycle! I would like to hear opinions on this.

-- Day 1

Aurax (Gold Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to stay Silver!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

--

Whee, awesome! laugh.gif I finally got a mate: https://dragcave.net/lineage/oBitl for her: https://dragcave.net/lineage/mdtiZ and they will hopefully like each other during silver time biggrin.gif

NICE, NICE!

Congrats!

Look, colour progression: https://dragcave.net/lineage/v79Th smile.gif

Ohh, that's nice~ Double Congrats!

Thanks again for putting this thread together. Aside from the obvious ease of lunar herald breeding, it taught me that double full moons are a monthly occurrence, while double new moons never happen at all. Very neat biggrin.gif

I'm glad you find it helpful!

That's what it's for after all!

-- Day 4

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Gibbous; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Silver to a new color!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

Eggs are expected to remain Gold until 8:00 PM EDT/DC on Friday, June 2, 2017.

-- Day 8

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated.)

Eggs are expected to change from Gold to a new color!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

Eggs are expected to remain Bronze until 8:00 PM EDT/DC on Tuesday, June 6, 2017.

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to ask for a little help.

On the Time Reference page, not only does it tell you what the time of day is and the phases, but also, when the sun is setting/rising.

Does anyone know when how long a sunset and sunrises lasts? And when?

If not, can you help me track it?

So far the sun has been setting from at least 7PM to now.

Can you guys help me keep a look out for when it has set? (i.e. When the Time Reference page changes to say "It is night" with no mention of setting or rising sun) Or when it begins/end rising tonight and tomorrow?

I'll probably just add it to the OP as part of the DC Astronomical/Astrological Society Info.

Please and Thank you!

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to ask for a little help.

On the Time Reference page, not only does it tell you what the time of day is and the phases, but also, when the sun is setting/rising.

Does anyone know when how long a sunset and sunrises lasts? And when?

If not, can you help me track it?

So far the sun has been setting from at least 7PM to now.

Can you guys help me keep a look out for when it has set? (i.e. When the Time Reference page changes to say "It is night" with no mention of setting or rising sun) Or when it begins/end rising tonight and tomorrow?

I'll probably just add it to the OP as part of the DC Astronomical/Astrological Society  Info.

Please and Thank you!

It actually varies depending on where you are. The closer to the equator you live, the steeper is the angle, and so the faster is the sunset. One could get poetic a la Rudyard Kipling:

"On the road to Mandalay, Where the flyin'-fishes play, An' the dawn comes up like thunder outer China 'crost the Bay!"

There are some things you can use, but being utterly incompetent at anything remotely resembling the lunar or firegem color thingies, I can only post this

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/

http://suncalc.net/#/43.613,-79.384,13/2017.03.17/14:14

If you only want the DC time calculated, it should be easy?

I wish you luck

Edited by ainisarie

It actually varies depending on where you are.  The closer to the equator you live, the steeper is the angle, and so the faster is the sunset.  One could get poetic a la Rudyard  Kipling:

"On the road to Mandalay, Where the flyin'-fishes play, An' the dawn comes up like thunder outer China 'crost the Bay!"

There are some things you can use, but being utterly incompetent at anything remotely resembling the lunar  or firegem color thingies, I can only post this

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/

http://suncalc.net/#/43.613,-79.384,13/2017.03.17/14:14

If you only want the DC time calculated, it should be easy?

I wish you luck

Yeah, I only wanted DC Time to be calculated.

I knew that when the sun sets and rises on Earth varies with the day, season, and location on earth. (There are places in Antarctica and the Arctic that don't see sun or night for 6 months.)

However, I would assume for DC, that there is a logical time frame for when the sun rises and sets, just like how night and day times shift exactly at 6 pm, and Moon changes always occur at 7 PM EST or 8 PM EDT.

I feel like accurately mimicking a fluctuating sunset/sunrise schedule would be complicated mess to code without pulling information elsewhere and picking a timezone to mimic.

Valkemare is it's own planet, so if it were real, it would probably have a very different sunrise/sunset schedule from Earth that also varies from across day, season, and locations. But that's way too complicated for this game.

So, I'm asking we watch to see when sunset/sunrise occurs and how long it last by watching the Time Reference page again.

If you have time, of course.

Still setting at 9:18

Perhaps it lasts as long as sunsets can hatch (6 PM - Midnight), in which case we can more easily check by seeing it if goes from the sun is rising to saying nothing as noon hits (when sunrises stop hatching)

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Still setting at 9:18

Perhaps it lasts as long as sunsets can hatch (6 PM - Midnight), in which case we can more easily check by seeing it if goes from the sun is rising to saying nothing as noon hits (when sunrises stop hatching)

Oh yeah, that's true. That would make a lot of sense. (That's a long time for a sunset/sunrise.)

Guess on the hour checks would confirm it.

Edit: Still setting at 10 PM.

Edited by Shokomon

Oh yeah, that's true. That would make a lot of sense. (That's a long time for a sunset/sunrise.)

Guess on the hour checks would confirm it.

Edit: Still setting at 10 PM.

Just checked past midnight and the sun has finally set on good ol' Valkemare tongue.gif

Oh Good!

So then it is following the Sunset/Sunrise dragon breeding times...at least the ending does.

We'd have to check before and after 6 am/pm to confirm the start time.

I missed the 6 am mark 'cause I was asleep. Whoops...

The sun is rising now though...

So then it is following the Sunset/Sunrise dragon breeding times...at least the ending does.

Erm ... I think that's what this tidbit is exactly there for: just for Sunsets and Sunrises. It's been there for months already, and so far, it was always accurate.

So does the timing switch off of setting and rising on the time reference page according to sunset/sunrise breeding?

Because I don't know. And I didn't find anything confirming on the wiki.

Which is why I asking to watch it here. Just because it makes sense, doesn't mean it's true.

As you said, sunsets/sunrises have existed for years, but the time page is relatively new. And it was ignored for a good bit until the Lunar Heralds showed up.

Has it matched up? Have you been watching it? Can you vouch that exactly at 6 pm, the cave goes from "It is day," to "It is night. The sun is setting?" Or in the morning at 6 am , the cave goes from "It is night," to "It is day. The sun is rising?" And it changes 12 pm like it does at 12 am?

Cause I feel like no one paid attention to it because we already knew about Sunrises/sunsets.

Of course, I could be wrong and just missed a posting about it somewhere on the forum or wiki. If you have seen something, feel free to post it.

I don't know if it was ever confirmed, so that's why I am doing this.

Edit: minor typos

Edited by Shokomon

I observed it quite often, except at the end of Sunset hatching time because that's 6am for me xd.png Seriously, one needs to sleep every now and then.

I observed it quite often, except at the end of Sunset hatching time because that's 6am for me xd.png Seriously, one needs to sleep every now and then.

I'll take your word for it then.

Though, I'd like to have confirmed evidence for the 6am change...though like you said we all need sleep. xd.png

Is anyone here awake around that time?

Maybe I should set up my alarm clock...

I didn't watch to the second, but I know that night ends pretty much at 6 am DC time. I have been up then hunting the caves.

Edited by Gryphonic

I am awake at this time and can have a look at it tomorrow to confirm if that helps...

Edited by Lady AxioMara

Thank you guys for all your help!

And dealing with my probably anal-retentive request.

@Gryphonic - The question is more "Does the sunset at 6pm or rise at 6 am" rather than "when does day turn to night or vice versa," but thank you for the info!

Edit: Finishing incomplete thoughts.

Edited by Shokomon

-- Day 12

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Bronze to a new color!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Indigo!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Indigo!

Eggs are expected to remain Indigo until 8:00 PM EDT/DC on Saturday, June 10, 2017.