Shokomon

DC Moon Watch (Tracking Sonata Breeding and Eclipse Effects!)

Now that we have the cycler and pinkgothic's website they're less helpful than they were before, but I found them useful! I live in a timezone that doesn't match up to the cave's, so when exactly the moons have changed is always kinda confusing for me. I always knew "oh, shokomon hasn't made a post yet, that means I have a bit longer to wait".

(Sorry, I've been lurking this thread for ages without posting anything, I figured when a question was directed at the general audience that was when I needed to say something tongue.gif)

Good to know it helps at least a little bit! And yay for posting! I'm glad you found this thread helpful, stalking or not stalking. And I'm glad you spoke up too! It's nice to hear when I'm doing something right.

And in other news, even though I am late:

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous Phase change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous Phase change! Cirion is expected to become more than 50% illuminated.

Eggs are expected to change from Gold to a new color!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

Enjoy breeding and catching eggs!

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's preliminary site that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

Millie_Azure's Lunar Herald long term calender: user posted image Link

DC Moon Watch Document: user posted image Link

Shokomon's version of the cycler (also made by Pinkgothic): user posted image

Good to know it helps at least a little bit! And yay for posting! I'm glad you found this thread helpful, stalking or not stalking. And I'm glad you spoke up too! It's nice to hear when I'm doing something right.

No problem! ^_^ And yay, finally, I'd been waiting nearly a month for this post! I finally decided what lineage I wanted to do with these dragons just after silvers stopped dropping. Of course, now I want to keep my egg slots free to catch the Halloweens I missed over my hiatus... I guess I'll wait until right at the end of the silver breeding phase. Hopefullly it'll mature before the end of bronze :|

Edit: Also, could you add the phases present to your test site if you have time? That way, it would be a one stop place to get all the info.

I did some tweaking and it's prettier now. Hope it's all right that I used your awesome icons. smile.gif

Sorry it took so long! I have to admit I simply got sucked into SOMA, I don't have a good excuse this time. (Still not done with SOMA, so plz no spoilerz, but my boyfriend's playing now to catch up to where I am, so I can do other things in the meanwhile. happy.gif)

Late edit: Oh. It would help if I put up the link, for those who don't know what I'm referring to. xd.pngThis lil' helper.

Edited by pinkgothic

I did some tweaking and it's prettier now. Hope it's all right that I used your awesome icons. smile.gif

Sorry it took so long! I have to admit I simply got sucked into SOMA, I don't have a good excuse this time. (Still not done with SOMA, so plz no spoilerz, but my boyfriend's playing now to catch up to where I am, so I can do other things in the meanwhile. happy.gif)

Late edit: Oh. It would help if I put up the link, for those who don't know what I'm referring to. xd.pngThis lil' helper.

*sceaming* YOOOOOOOO! HOLY COW! THE SITE IS AWESOME NOW! It's got a calendar and everything! WOH!!!

- *Reading more of the detail*THE CALENDAR ADJUST BASED ON THE ACTUAL TIME IN THE CAVE. And clicking the tiles brings up more info!!*screams louder*

It's perfectly alright if you got sucked into something else. You aren't obligated to do this after all! What's is SOMA actually? (Feel free to PM me if it would get too off topic.)

THE SITE IS SO AWESOME LIKE WOW. *still screaming*

Also, I'm perfectly okay with you using my icons! THIS IS SO GREAT! I can't thank you enough!

- Only thing the page could use is a title.

- And slightly bigger font (for people with not so good eyesight.)

- And maybe pictures for the phase (which isn't important. I just like pictures. You can even use the phase sprites I made as well if you like and/or modify them to fit the page.)

(Also, I didn't know you ran the Daily Dragon Fix site. Nice!)

*sceaming* YOOOOOOOO! HOLY COW! THE SITE IS AWESOME NOW! It's got a calendar and everything! WOH!!!

- *Reading more of the detail*THE CALENDAR ADJUST BASED ON THE ACTUAL TIME IN THE CAVE. And clicking the tiles brings up more info!!*screams louder*

It's perfectly alright if you got sucked into something else. You aren't obligated to do this after all! What's is SOMA actually? (Feel free to PM me if it would get too off topic.)

THE SITE IS SO AWESOME LIKE WOW. *still screaming*

Also, I'm perfectly okay with you using my icons!  THIS IS SO GREAT! I can't thank you enough!

- Only thing the page could use is a title.

- And slightly bigger font (for people with not so good eyesight.)

- And maybe pictures for the phase (which isn't important. I just like pictures. You can even use the phase sprites I made as well if you like and/or modify them to fit the page.)

(Also, I didn't know you ran the Daily Dragon Fix site. Nice!)

SOMA's a rawrscarybooghostpumpkin game. I PMed you more information about it because getting into detail is definitely super off topic. xd.png

I'm glad you're okay with me using your gorgeous icons. user posted image

Regarding Daily Dragon Fix, I still consider it emmilely's site, which is also why her name is in the copyright notice and not mine, but I host it and develop for it, since emmilely's unfortunately disappeared.

Much as I understand your complaint about the font-size, I won't change it, since that's part of the original DDF design, which I try not to alter out of respect for emmilely. In most modern browsers, you can use [ctrl] + [+] to zoom in and make the page bigger, though!

I'm not sure what you mean with a title. Do you mean the text between the <title> tags, that show up as text on your browser tabs? smile.gif Or do you mean a title on the page itself, a wee bit above Dropping Now?

I'll probably add pictures to the phases eventually, though. happy.gif

Definitely glad you like it!

SOMA's a rawrscarybooghostpumpkin game. I PMed you more information about it because getting into detail is definitely super off topic. xd.png

I'm glad you're okay with me using your gorgeous icons. user posted image

Regarding Daily Dragon Fix, I still consider it emmilely's site, which is also why her name is in the copyright notice and not mine, but I host it and develop for it, since emmilely's unfortunately disappeared.

Much as I understand your complaint about the font-size, I won't change it, since that's part of the original DDF design, which I try not to alter out of respect for emmilely. In most modern browsers, you can use [ctrl] + [+] to zoom in and make the page bigger, though!

I'm not sure what you mean with a title. Do you mean the text between the <title> tags, that show up as text on your browser tabs? smile.gif Or do you mean a title on the page itself, a wee bit above Dropping Now?

I'll probably add pictures to the phases eventually, though. happy.gif

Definitely glad you like it!

Just a title for the page itself, like "Lunar Herald Egg Availability" or "Dropping Times for Lunar Herald Eggs," or something to that effect. Just to give the page a name, other than "this is the page that show etc, etc, and etc."

Ah, okay. So you inherited the site from Emmilely, then. Well, it you want to keep the font the same, it's all good. It was just a suggestion anyway.

Got the PM by the way! I think I'm going to look into it more.

With the Halloween event going on, I completely forgot about this:

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon Phase change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon Phase change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated.

Eggs are expected to stay Silver!

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's Daily Dragon Fix page (new and improved) that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

It's nice that we have a double-full-moon on DC at the same time as the real-life full moon. Since Aurax and Cirion aren't in sync with our moon it'll be a while before that happens again. :)

It's nice that we have a double-full-moon on DC at the same time as the real-life full moon. Since Aurax and Cirion aren't in sync with our moon it'll be a while before that happens again. smile.gif

Oh, huh. Didn't realize that! Nice catch!

In other news,

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous Phase change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous Phase change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated.

Eggs are expected to stay Silver!

Pinkgothic's Daily Dragon Fix page (new and improved) that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

And in the middle of Halloween celebrations...

Phase Change Today!

Looks like the Lunars are getting costumes too! LOL

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Gibbous No phase change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent Phase change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Silver to a new color!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

A little off-topic, but wow! Shokomon, you did the strawberry treats? They're so pretty! Look, you have your own wiki page now tongue.gif

Back on-topic, I'm waiting for bronze to continue my lineage but I can't decide how long to keep these extra Halloweens for... I only want a pair but I egglocked so I could abandon them... Do I wait until they're right about to hatch or do I drop them now and grab a cb gold lunar for later?

A little off-topic, but wow! Shokomon, you did the strawberry treats? They're so pretty! Look, you have your own wiki page now tongue.gif

Back on-topic, I'm waiting for bronze to continue my lineage but I can't decide how long to keep these extra Halloweens for... I only want a pair but I egglocked so I could abandon them... Do I wait until they're right about to hatch or do I drop them now and grab a cb gold lunar for later?

Well, you have 3 days until the next bronze drop, so that's enough time for your eggs to hatch. Unless you need a CB Gold for that. Though, you could still wait it out if you grabbed your eggs yesterday. They should hatch before the next bronze drop and then you can grab your gold Lunar Herald. Hatchlings tend to get snapped up quicker than eggs, so if you want to make sure they get grabbed quickly, either leave a teleport link in the Dragon Cave Community Notice Board, Depatures thread, OR abandon them after they hatch.

Though, now that Halloween is over, it's almost guaranteed someone will pick up your eggs, since this is the last batch of Halloweens for 2015.

Does this help?

Well, you have 3 days until the next bronze drop, so that's enough time for your eggs to hatch. Unless you need a CB Gold for that. Though, you could still wait it out if you grabbed your eggs yesterday. They should hatch before the next bronze drop and then you can grab your gold Lunar Herald. Hatchlings tend to get snapped up quicker than eggs, so if you want to make sure they get grabbed quickly, either leave a teleport link in the Dragon Cave Community Notice Board, Depatures thread, OR abandon them after they hatch.

Though, now that Halloween is over, it's almost guaranteed someone will pick up your eggs, since this is the last batch of Halloweens for 2015.

Does this help?

Oh... I completely forgot you could also abandon hatchlings, heh. Then again, I wanted to abandon them while I still had time to influence the ones I wanted to keep, so I wouldn't get confused over which were mine and which were for the ap. I didn't really have any doubts about whether they'd be grabbed. It's three days since halloween, people will be dying to grab one.

I don't need a CB gold until another 3 generations or so of the lineage, I just want to make sure it's had time to hatch by then, which shouldn't be a problem numbers-wise, but I'm not online every single day, so I might fall short of when I need it. I'll grab one after breakfast now that I've finished abandoning.

Your post probably would've helped if I'd actually thought to read the thread I asked advice on before making a decision :|

ALERT ALERT!!! TIMING OF THE LUNAR PHASES HAS CHANGED!!!!!!!

PHASE CHANGED HAS OCCURRED ALREADY DESPITE IT BEING 7:46 PM. Screenshot Proof.

Dragon Cave is on Eastern Time and ADJUSTS FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS, which occurred on November First 2015 at 2 AM. The clock for the cave (and the USA) was pushed back 1 hour!

If Daylight savings had not occurred, it would be 8:46 PM, now! Well past the time for phase change!

In Conclusion:

Lunar Phases did NOT adjust for daylight savings, and now occurs at 7:00 PM (19:00) EST/DC! I didn't even think to check that!

Everyone who is affected by Daylight Savings, please adjust your calendars for this!

This may change tomorrow. I do not know if TJ will adjust the Lunar Phase change and thus, the Lunar Herald Color Cycle for Daylight savings.

I would really appreciate it if someone would help check at 7PM and 8PM tomorrow to see if the phases continue to change "early" and if the Lunar Herald eggs are breeding normally.

---

CURRENT PHASES ARE:

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent Phase Change! Aurax is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon Phase change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Gold to a new color!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

Edit: Adding things and typos.

Edit2: Because I forgot to respond-

Oh... I completely forgot you could also abandon hatchlings, heh. Then again, I wanted to abandon them while I still had time to influence the ones I wanted to keep, so I wouldn't get confused over which were mine and which were for the ap. I didn't really have any doubts about whether they'd be grabbed. It's three days since halloween, people will be dying to grab one.

I don't need a CB gold until another 3 generations or so of the lineage, I just want to make sure it's had time to hatch by then, which shouldn't be a problem numbers-wise, but I'm not online every single day, so I might fall short of when I need it. I'll grab one after breakfast now that I've finished abandoning.

Your post probably would've helped if I'd actually thought to read the thread I asked advice on before making a decision :|

Sorry I couldn't help you in time. Hopefully all your Lunar Herald Breeding goes okay, despite this!

Edited by Shokomon

That's very interesting. So they're not coded to obey DC time? It kinda makes sense, though. In certain regions on a certain day we humans decide to move an hour back - why should nature obey a single species' trivial decisions, especially when on Earth, we don't all agree on when daylight savings time begins and ends or if it happens at all. What is time, anyway? There's no way to define it without self-reference. I suppose lunar heralds just do their thing whether or not their colour patterns apply to humanity's will...

Or this is just an oversight and TJ will fix it soon.

If anything, the Spirit Wards seem to follow daylight savings just fine. Perhaps they are nerds about timekeeping practices? xd.png

Bluh, my silvers refused. That throws off my timing a bunch :|

That's interesting, although I'm afraid it doesn't affect me much since where I live 7-8pm eastern time is the middle of the night. I wonder if it'll stay that way?

Lunar Phases did NOT adjust for daylight savings, and now occurs at 7:00 PM (19:00) EST/DC! I didn't even think to check that!

I was curious about that and figured that might happen. I'll need to adjust my script a bit, then; but I'm not surprised, the time of the phase changes felt suspiciously UTC to me. xd.png Good to have confirmation. Thanks for keeping an eye on that!

Well we will find out for sure tonight.

At the moment, all I know is that Lunar Phases changed early. How early though, I'm not sure. It honestly makes since, as Daylight Savings is a Human thing, and celestial bodies are unaffected by such things.

Pinkgothic, does your cycler go by international time or does it adjust for Daylight Saving? If not, I don't think you need to adjust it, unless the moon phases change at 8pm today.

Phase Change Today at 7:00 PM EST/DC!!!

Looks like phase change really does ignore Daylight Savings.

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent Phase change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to stay Bronze!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

My script should be fixed; let me know if any oddities appear!

Nice, Pinkgothic!

Actually, your calendar is saying it is Saturday, November 06, 2015, when it should be saying it is Friday, November 06, 2015. I think the dates have shifted up one day.

Also, on days where the Lunar Herald Drop changes, does the calendar date stay one color for that day or does it change depending on what time of day it is relative to 7PM Daylight Savings/8PM? Because when I looking at the calendar, for the date Nov 08, 2015, the day of the next phase change and next indigo drop, the corresponding block on the calendar was already Indigo, despite it being before 7 PM.

- Actually, how does that even work, because I am confusing myself.

Actually, your calendar is saying it is Saturday, November 06, 2015, when it should be saying it is Friday, November 06, 2015. I think the dates have shifted up one day.

Thanks for the heads-up! Things haven't shifted by a day, but when you looked, it was Saturday UTC and Friday Cave Time. I'm having to switch a lot between UTC and cave time (which observes DST) to prevent DST from screwing with things, without the side-effect of making the cave time features disappear. The bit that decided the day of the week the cycle started at was in a UTC block. I've fixed that.

The other issue was the same thing (the day of the week isn't recalculated once I know when the cycle starts, it's just always incremented).

Edited by pinkgothic

Glad I could help out, Pinkgothic!

The page you made still needs a title at the top like I said before. That's it though!

And now that all the Daylight Saving business is sorted out, Back to our regularly scheduled phase changes...at 7PM EST/DC.

--

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous Phase change! Cirion is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Bronze to a new color!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Indigo!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Indigo!

--

Also, made some minor updates to the opening post to reflect what we know.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll need this thread on 11-20 when I want to catch some golds!