Sapphire Dragon

Egg sticker badges!

Hi! So I'm currently making some new, small, simple badges! Only thing is I need ideas for some of the text!

Right now the badges I'm making are very small 50 x 60 pixel ones, and this is what they look like:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

And here they are with thinner font:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

EDIT: Different font attempt! Better?

user posted image

Which one is more readable to you guys, the original font or the thinner font? Is the font alright, does it need a different one?

Any ideas for different text?

Just need to get some feedback out of the way before I make ~200 of these! I already have all the files saved and set up to run batches tomorrow, so they'll be made actually in a very short amount of time once started!

Edited by Sapphire Dragon

Those look really cool! To me the bottom font is the most readable, because it's less curly. If the kerning on the first font was a little better, it would be fine too. Kerning is the space between the letters. Right now they look a little mushed, whereas the bottom example is definitely a more accessible font.

^ Definitely the third font is best. Much more eligible to read. I also feel like the buttons need something to make them pop. Maybe a border around the buttons or a different color for the text? I'm not entirely sure. But I do love these!

EDIT: But dat typo tho.

Edited by PixelShark

^ Definitely the third font is best. Much more eligible to read. I also feel like the buttons need something to make them pop. Maybe a border around the buttons or a different color for the next? I'm not entirely sure. But I do love these!

Alright awesome I'll stick with the third font then! I really wanted a nice handwritten-ish font but they're just a little too difficult to read in such a small size I think. And thank you!

And yeah, I need to fiddle with the settings just a little bit more, if it were fullsized I'd love to texture it and add some more layers but it's so teeny sad.gif

I think I have an idea though, brb posting it in a minute!

Those look really cool! To me the bottom font is the most readable, because it's less curly. If the kerning on the first font was a little better, it would be fine too. Kerning is the space between the letters. Right now they look a little mushed, whereas the bottom example is definitely a more accessible font.

Thanks! Oh, wow thanks I completely forgot, I had the kerning set higher for another project a while back actually and never set it back, thanks for reminding me!

Edit:

I've made some very small changes, unfortunately I'm very limited as I can't add blending options across both layers at the same time, so the slight gradient effect over the sticker just came out wonky and uneven. I'll probably keep trying, however I just made a quick version that has the edges slightly more showing and a little bit of noise to the shadow.

user posted imageuser posted image

(New one left, old one right. It's honestly barely noticeable whoops. Also had to adjust location on canvas a bit to avoid clipping)

Edited by Sapphire Dragon

These are awesome! I love small little badges~

Honestly? I like the top font the most. I agree it's a little more difficult to read than the third one, but the font itself is more fun.

That last font seems a little too...hard? Solid? I don't know how to describe it, but it looks like a font that you'd see on a Powerpoint presentation for a business meeting. xd.png

So yep, top font gets my vote. (The non-bolded second row is actually hard to read though, so I'd scrap that and go with bold letters no matter what).

Huh, guess it's just my monitor then, because yeah the top one is the hardest to read, third one is fairly easy to read, and the second one is actually the easiest to read for me x3

I might just go and do a bunch of them in the first and third fonts then, the third font is a more professional one used for some other projects so it's meant for more readability, but not as fun haha

Hm, thinking I might know a font that's a good mix of the two, I'll try it in a bit after I finish up some stuff on my current project.

Oooooo!

I like this!

I like the new font on the third row. It seems clearest.

Do you take requests? I'd love an egg cycling through all stripe colours ohmy.gif

They are awesome! Thank you so much for going to all this trouble. It seems like it's been forever since anyone has made this kind of thing.

I like the small size too and will look forward to putting a bunch of them on my scroll. biggrin.gif

BTW, the one in the first post, third row still looks best to me. wink.gif

Edit:

I've made some very small changes, unfortunately I'm very limited as I can't add blending options across both layers at the same time, so the slight gradient effect over the sticker just came out wonky and uneven. I'll probably keep trying, however I just made a quick version that has the edges slightly more showing and a little bit of noise to the shadow.

user posted imageuser posted image

(New one left, old one right. It's honestly barely noticeable whoops. Also had to adjust location on canvas a bit to avoid clipping)

I actually like the heavier shadow! All of these still look great. I'm watching this thread because I've been wanting some buttons for my signature. ^^ I eagerly await!

...I'm the stupidest person on earth. So I went to go fix my kerning settings that Ubby reminded of, and I forgot that I had about 4 settings turned on from a poster project a while ago to bump up the font and make it more dramatic. I never turned them off. dry.gif

So of course the settings wreaked absolute havoc on my tiny little 14pt font. WHOOOOPS.

I'll be updating in a bit, I have a couple art requests to do and then I'll post the results of the... non-broken font X3