pudding

Reincarnated Remake

((We can do that if you like. Also, spoilers: Viziel might do it on purpose to try to bring back Arkin))

The alien nodded slightly, scratching his chin as he pondered over that information. How odd. But since they had been cloned, what would happen then? If they remained here, would Derek age normally or suddenly accelerate in age or what? Biologically speaking, how old was his body currently? "Some backstory would be nice," He added with a slight shrug. "Maybe it might bring something to mind." He looked at Derek with a smile. Maybe telling him a few memories might bring them back. Who would know?

((He he.. yes... I like that.))

"Arkin was mostly silent, and had a air of intensity around him, he was always serious. He told me once how he met you.. He brought you back to the human lands to his mother's home to help a sprained ankle. He said.... you.. shocked him with something when he found you..... that's about as much as I recall..."

"Odd way of becoming friends. Oh hi, I'm going to electrocute you and we can be friends afterwards! And Arkin is the complete opposite of my personality.."

"He also had a iron sword. Old General's grand son has it now he looks exactly like you. He wouldn't be too happy the...... half breed son of his grandfather had returned..." "I need to get that sword..." Derek said right away. "Especially if it had something to do with getting rid of the evil."

"Oh." Blue eyes blinked at that piece of information and he paused for a moment, musing over that. Hmm... right. Glancing at Derek out of the corner of his eye, he lifted his hand briefly up to the stone safely hidden away in his front pocket before shrugging slightly. "What can I say? I've always been a bit trigger happy." He gave Derek a sheepish look then leaned forward slightly. "If we're going to get that sword, we might want to think about how. Charging in swinging doesn't accomplish anything except excess injury."

((Yess. Also, more spoilers: In case you didn't already figure it out, Viziel is back.))

Edited by pudding

((He he....: I didn't until he used first person right then! Sneaky sneak. Ranaghar new something was up. I was suspicious though, he did know how to use the rock better then before....))

Derek smiled... then frowned tilting his head. Did... He just use first person? He glanced at Ranaghar and back at James... if it was James... was it? He had to believe his friend was still with him. He couldn't be alone in this right now. "You don't know too much about us do you? The only way he can get it back is to go in there swinging. The higher ups only respond to violence. He keeps it by him all the time and threatens lesser wolves with it. The only way is a one on one fight. Challenge him for the blade and come out on top. The current alpha female doesn't like us killing each other. We can only fight until the other says he submitted to the other or the first one out cold for twenty seconds or more.

Derek tilted his head. He was still tired from a night's lack of rest. "I don't want to be a bother, but can we stay here and rest until I challenge the commander tomorrow? And I think only two of us should go to the fight. I don't think they'll take kindly to many guests, most who looks like prey."

Lillith nods. "The human stays along with the rides, I know of three wolves have developed a taste for humans. I'll guide you there. Alpha looks to me for wisdom and the elders are respected highly. Besides... I'm his mother too. She smirked. "The commander is the third in command, leader of the fighters of the pack. It's normally passed down, but still holds a strong sway. Still, none go against alphas word.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Yeah, he slipped up a bit there.))

Ranaghar frowned slightly and shook his head. "Ranaghar is not human but he will remain here if it must be so," glancing at Derek briefly, he frowned then stood up, walking to the door. He would wait and rest outside. Houses and other structures always felt wrong to him. Even if it was not his forest, he wanted to be closer to it instead of removed from it.

"Can I go?" The alien asked, looking at Derek as his head tipped to one side. "I'd feel better if you didn't do this alone. I mean, I'd be really worried about you if you went wandering off alone."

"Well if I do I'd wonder back right? I am part dog after all." Growls ensued at this as the woman shook her head. "No wolf refers to himself as a common dog. You certainly aren't Arkin. You can stay for the night here. This was as much as your home as it is mine now. "okay....." He looked at James " I want you to come. I'd feel better if you are there. " Derek said softly. Clara got up and went to the kitchen to start cooking and the others left as well, the words ' You can stay' kicked them into gear to get ready for guests. " thank you for allowing us to stay here Lillith."

The wolf nodded and smiled softly.

James smiled back as Derek said he could come along. That was good. He disliked the idea of Derek running off to fight someone when he didn't have Arkin's skill or anything like that back. If things went south, he could always hold off a bunch of werewolves while they escaped. His weapon was great at disabling instead of killing. "You should get some sleep," he suggested, patting Derek's shoulder. "You look tired."

"Eat first then rest. Um.... James... I believe... I do remember you being picky about food. If you know about anything we should avoid...." She let the question hang in the air as she got up, looking at him quizicly.

Derek waited until James answered her and she left before speaking again. "I'm beat. I haven't felt this tired since the time I spent three days and two nights on that project for college. I felt exposed in the plains so I didn't sleep well before we were taken captive." He huffed. "Doesn't help I have a headache... could use a bottle of Advil about now.... You ever wonder how much time has passed on earth? And if we'd wake up and like.. ten years had passed?"

"Oh, right," James replied, scratching his head with his nails. "I'll just go find something to eat later. I'm not too hungry right now." He smiled warmly before turning to Derek. His smile slipped away as he shrugged. "I'd rather not think about it. We've got a long road ahead of us and it'll be easier if we just focus on the task. I mean, if we get back and it has been ten years, what would you do? Would you want to go back at all?"

"I don't know if I even want to get Arkin's memory back. I it would be to much like my own life at home. Being on the streets, starving scared and such. I would like to go home, where I finally had a family who cared for me and my dog and.... here... I'd have to start from scratch again. More moving, only this time I'd have to fight monsters instead of the foster system. I'd go back home, find another job, grieve my last dog, get a new one to keep me company... get on with my life. And you? What would you do?" He said softly as he leaned on his knees too tall for the low fainting couch they sat on.

The alien nodded back, thinking in silence for a few moments before shaking his head slightly. Turning towards Derek, he set his hand on his shoulder and offered up a small, hopeful smile. "You know me," He replied with a small shrug. "I'd follow you where ever you went. If you want to go back home, that's where I'll go too. But if you want to stay here, I won't leave you either." He sat there for a moment before glancing down at his hands, extending his claws briefly. "I'm going to need to file these down sooner or later," He muttered, lifting his right thumb to his mouth and biting at the nail. "I've been skimping out a bit, apparently."

((Viziel you freaking liar.))

"Why? They're a good part of defense. The long fingernails I can deal with, the toe nails weird me out." He said looked at his own thick claws. "I look like inuyasha." He chuckled then sobered up. "I agree with you though. Let's get this finished. Focus on the task at hand though.. how did they stop this evil? That's what we need to find out. " He said softly. "And you before only wanted to go home! What the Hell happened to you James? Is this place growing on you?"

"They keep growing," he replied as he moved to biting the next finger, now chewing on that nail in an attempt to shorten them. "They're already pretty long and if I let them go, they'll just get longer. It's irritating." He paused slightly at the last question then turned to look at Derek, no longer chewing on his nail. "Not really," He replied with a frown. "But I'm not really seeing that much of a difference. I don't have anything to go back to and I don't really have anything here. If we do get back and it's been a long time, we'll be left behind."

"True.. but if it's like Narnia and only an hour has passed...would you still want to go back?" He asked fingering his hair and made the mistake of rubbing his own ears, which in turn made his tail wag.

"I don't think that's the case," he replied with a frown. "I mean, when we first arrived the mages told us the longer we stayed here the harder it would be to get back. I'm guessing that's because the other bodies are in comas right now. So I think the time is going to line up pretty similarly. That means if it takes us a year here, it would be a year back there." He shrugged slightly and turned his blue eyes to stare at Derek. "It depends on you. My position won't change based on time."

Derek was silent for a long time. "I've been starved, beaten and lived on the streets for the most of the first seven years of my life.... I love dogs because I felt a connection with them when I see them in the shelter. The lost look they have, wanting a forever home. I don't know if... I can do that to Dad and papa. They did a all out man hunt for me when I ran away because they started fighting about me hitting some kids at school.... for me. When I get Arkin's memory, we get rid of the evil.. it depends... from what it seems like.. Arkin didn't have much here to begin with. We'll see.... okay?" He muttered ears flat.

(( xd.png In actually it depends on the king. But who's to say that Arkin was completely....... hmmmm I'll be quite now))

((Viziel is totally really clingy to Arkin because he's the only one he knows who isn't dead both in the present and in the past.))

James sighed but slowly stood up, stretching out his arms and letting his tail hang free and swish from side to side at a gentle pace. "We'll pull through together. We always do." Smiling, he glanced around the cabin then turned his attention to the door. "I'll be back soon, okay? I'm going to go find something I can eat without feeling awful." He opened up the door and walked out, only for Fia to poke her head in a few moments later.

"Hey, Derek? Ranaghar said he wanted to talk to you. Could you come out here for a moment?"

"Alright." He watched James leave. He looked at Fia when she poked her head in and nodded to her. Derek went out to speak with Ranaghar. "What is it? " He asked when he found him outside. His ears swivels at twitched to the clam sounds around them.

As James wandered over to the lake nearby to go look for some fish, Ranaghar turned his gaze to look at Derek. Walking over, he glanced briefly at James before looking back towards Derek, clearly uncomfortable. Since James was out of earshot, he only had to lower his voice slightly to speak without being overheard. "Your friend is behaving strangely. Is there a cause for his sudden change other than the one I fear?"

Derek frowns. "He's fine. If something has changed, he's calmer now. I know I saw it too. He used first person pronouns and knows his body better it seems. He can use that rock too. But..... despite what you think, he's my friend. If he has to hurt others its to survive." He responded looking over at the willow tree.

Ranaghar scowled at this, clearly disliking Derek's dismissal of the changes they both saw. Placing his hand on Derek's shoulder, he shook his head, gazing briefly at the alien as he waded into the water and began moving very slowly and carefully to catch the fish living in the water. "Do not let your guard down," he replied warningly. "He may not be your friend any longer." Behind them, there was a triumphant splash as James managed to swat a fish out of the water and onto the rocky shore. Beaming, he turned back to the water and began looking for another fish.

"Arkin probably met him after his battle with you. He probably changed then. Your forest changes, the sky changes, people are no different." He shrugged off his hand and moved to the only willow tree and sat under it. There was cut flowers to the side of the truck, and two stones made of flat rainbow crystal. Two graves where here. He thought this tree looked lonely.

Ranaghar scowled but let him walk away. Stepping backwards, he turned and made his way to a large rock a fair distance away, choosing to sit down on it and close his eyes. He didn't appear to be sleeping, only thinking.

Several moments passed before James walked over to the tree where Derek was sitting, picking his teeth with the nail of his thumb. Glancing at the rocks, he frowned slightly then tipped his head to look at Derek more closely. "What's going through your mind?" He asked, taking a seat across from him. "Thinking about what we were talking about earlier or something different?"

"Nothing.." a pause. "And everything. It's hard to explain. Weighing pros and cons of staying here, taking in the details of this place so I can draw it later... thinking of the K-....." a cough. "Kind people we've met so far and the ones that went so kind.." He said looking down at his feet.

James stared at him for a moment before the smallest trace of a smile formed on his face. The right side of his mouth twisted upwards ever so slightly as he laughed. "Yeah, I guess we have met a lot of people," he replied with a slight shrug. "You're worrying too much about this," He added after a moment. "We just need to get through this one moment at a time. Thinking back will just distract you from what's going on now."