pudding

Reincarnated Remake

"And how do you propose doing either of those things?" Derek muttered watching as a Felitaur passed again. He couldn't fight one head on. At dawn his ears perked and swivels. "Wolves.... far off but if I can howl,they may think I'm a pack member in trouble..... perfect distraction."He murmurs lowly.

Ranaghar frowned slightly at this. Alone, a Felitaur might lose to a pack of werewolves. But this here was different. The Felitaur were all grouped together and would easily overpower the wolves. Felitaur were usually not pack creatures so having them all group up was dangerous. But in terms of a distraction, it still might give them a few minutes to find Ash and Fia and escape. After all, the Cervitaur were not guarding the way and it might take a few moments for the Felitaur to jump to the call of alarm.

Oh, and Viziel. They still would have to find him.

"Try it," He replied softly. "We have nothing to lose from it."

"

Derek took a deep breath and howled a short low one. It didn't sound like it could carry that far, but be knew from studying wolves that the low volumes in the plains can carry for miles. He waited a moment. Two Felitaur passed before he howled again, a little louder this time. Then he was silent. "They're a few miles away. Where the hell are our weapons? I'm not my knife here. James can use the elf sword, I'm not having him go madman on me again."

Ranaghar frowned but closed his eyes for a few moments. "Ranaghar's sword is in the farthest wagon," He replied softly, peering around. James wasn't anywhere nearby them from what he could see and he couldn't see Ash or Fia either. "We must find the others first. They are more important." If he was right, the weapons would be where his was as well. As for the stone the alien used, he would be happier if it was left behind. "Your friend may have been triggered by the bloodshed. Be wary of him."

"Honestly it triggered something in me too but I didn't act so gleefully about it. I will.... " He took a deep breath. "Ash will probably find us, it seems like him to come and get us when the opportunity arises. James's scent is unique. I'd track him quickly, but we can't get away or fight our way to our friends if we don't have weapons..... I can change wolf form while fighting...." He scanned the plains. The wind was southern, keeping all wolf scent away and blowing his to the Wolves. Good, advantage in numbers his wolf spoke in his mind.

"Then we must get them now," Ranaghar replied, watching as a Cervitaur walked past them on patrol. As soon as the creature was out of sight, he flexed his muscles, snapping the rope tying his hands in place. Keeping himself low to the ground, he glanced either way to make sure there was no one in sight before crawling under the wagon they had been tied to. "Stay here," He ordered before crawling out the other side. Keeping low to the ground, he glanced around before crawling inside of the next wagon.

Inside his cage, the alien suddenly stirred and lifted his head. Curling his toes up, he watched the guard carefully. The lion had been replaced by a deer holding a spear a few hours ago and this was a chance he would have to take. He had waited long enough for the creature to get close enough to him. As his body remained still, his tail began to move, slowly extending outwards. The deer had made a fatal error in getting so close to his cage. He was doing this to survive.

Derek slipped out of his bounds but kept his hands behind his back.

Ash woke at dawn and got up in the quiet camp and moved to where Derek was. He lay several feet away, when he saw Ranaghar gone. He got ready to lead them away, acting like he fell asleep again.

A horn blew through the camp in the west side. It was short and broken off with a sequel. A Cervitaur got attacked by five large wolves, three more crouched in the tall grass waiting for a attack.

By the time the horn sounded, the alien had already managed to cut through the rope binding his hands to the inside of the cage. Quickly bringing them forward, he grabbed the sacks covering his hands with his teeth and tore them off before untying his legs. Rolling onto his back, he slammed his heel against one of the wooden bars of the cage, knocking it away. Crawling out, the glanced briefly at the motionless Cervitaur lying near his cage before shivering slightly and turning away. Right... he had to find his stone. With something already apparently attacking the group, he didn't really need to bother with hiding either. Darting quickly away from the cage, the alien paused only to sniff the air before leaping into a nearby wagon and rummaging around and digging around through the various items that had been tossed inside.

Moments later Ranaghar returned. His own weapon was safely strapped to his back while he was holding Derek's weapon, as well as a few others that he had decided might be useful. "They won't last for long," Ranaghar growled as he handed Derek his sword, looking to Ash. "We need to leave."

Derek took his blade and got up as ash rode over. Derek tore off looking for James, smelling the air. He skidded to a halt and dashed to the wagon. "James come on we need to go now!" He hissed at his friend.

Ash looked around for Fia. "follow Derek, get him and James out then head that way" He pointed away from the wagons.

The words went ignored as he searched, sending clothes and other items flying out of the wagon. Sniffing the floor, he frowned slightly then pried at the wooden boards with his claws. Wood splintered off as he wedged his claws under a plank and tore it away. Underneath the plank was a small, hidden box. And there, resting inside, was his stone. Heaving a relieved sigh, the alien quickly grabbed the stone in his hands. Briefly, he pressed it to his forehead before tossing it into the air, his tail snaking up to grab it. As soon as it was secure, he finally looked back at Derek, a frown forming on his face. "Let's go," he said, as if he hadn't heard a word Derek had said earlier. Jumping past him, he landed on all fours on the ground and took off, darting past Fia as she ran up.

"We gotta go!" She clucked. "Quick, climb on! I'll carry you!"

Derek was completely confused about what James just did. He got on Fia as she came up. "Go, hurry." He whispers.

Ash had waited for Ranaghar to get on his back before taking off at a Gallup growing faster as he ran. The wolves howled again, retreating from the fight, turning north. Derek howled back. "Follow that sound. That way!" As he spotted James again.

Ranaghar quickly climbed onto Ash's back, holding on awkwardly to his shoulders. Fia quickly raced away in the direction Derek had pointed, quickly catching up to and running along side James. He briefly glanced at her then suddenly switched to running on two legs before jumping on her back behind Derek. She faltered for only a moment before taking off again at only a slightly slower pace.

"THE PRISONERS ARE ESCAPING!"

Behind them, all three species began to regroup and charge after the group. Lowering her head down, Fia shot forward, her wings stretching out only slightly to help her steer at the quickened pace.

Derek lowered himself on her back so he was more streamlined for her. Ash slipped out the vile of sleeping tonic and a Phoenix feather, he deftly tied the long feather, careful not to snap a strand and throws it behind him after Fia shot passed him. Once broken by the glass, it burst in a small intense fire turning the tonic into gas quickly. The tonic was powerful... able to subdue a stampede of minotarus.

Fia shot ahead as the ones chasing them began to falter and fall beind. Breathing heavily, she shot across the ground like a bullet, quickly pulling them out of Centaur lands and into werewolf territory. Not stopping, she continued to pull North, clearly worried about being pursued. Derek might be a wolf but she wasn't too happy about taking a stop there.

Derek sat up. "Slow down! We're ahead of ash!" They entered a wood. One more dark and sinister than the elf one. Pines grew taller and thicker the more they went in. A howl sounded behind them. The eight wolves Derek had called. A ninth, a large dark grey one bounded beside her, his shoulders level with the bird's, eyes a hazel brown.

Ash dashed after them, painting and kicked up speed when a black wolf came beside him, another reddish one on the other side. He tore ahead into the trees, able to see the white of fia's plumage and the massive wolf that appeared beside her on their left.

"Speed up!" Fia yelped back as the howls cut through the forest. When a wolf suddenly ran up along side her, the large bird whipped her head around. While their shoulders might be level, her long neck put her well above the eye level of the wolf. Opening her beak, she squawked at the wolf then suddenly bent her knees and jumped, launching herself forward over a large log. In this kind of area, her speed triumphed. Her body was easily capable of making sharp, fast turns that were required for weaving through trees. But the wolves were fast as well. "Can't you tell them to stop chasing me?" she huffed as she bolted through the trees.

Behind Derek, James coiled his tail in, grabbing his stone with both hands. He wasn't going to let them be chased by some pack of werewolves. Not when that chase likely ended in them being dinner. In a moment, it had activated, though when he grabbed it with one hand it did not turn into the familiar, electrical weapon. Instead, the entire weapon melted around his hand, climbing up his upper arm. Quickly the light formed a completely new weapon that extended slightly from his open palm. Despite the fact it looked incredibly odd, it clearly was some kind of ranged weapon. "Just try to run straight," He replied as he turned his upper body around so he was facing backwards, lifting up his arm as he did so. Peering through the trees, he focused on one of the werewolves and aimed his open palm at the creature.

Derek had other plans. He snarled at the wolf and the wolf by them growls back. Then ahead a tree looked like it had been split in half, but was still growing in a wide Y shape. They reached it quickly and Derek yanked right. "Turn!" He snapped, eyes wild. His wolf knew this spot, but he himself had no recollection of this place. They ran over a stream of water with rainbow hued crystal rocks. Up ahead there was a break in the trees, a clear lake could be seen. "They were taking us to Alpha.... we'll be in the same boat all over again then." He said softly as he watched the lake get closer.

Ash followed them the best he could, most of the the wolves stopped at the turn, two smaller ones went to the stream before stopping. Where was Fia going? He saw the lake ahead and slowed down breathtaking heavy.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Fia quickly followed the command, shooting around the tree as fast as she could. The movement immediately threw the alien off course and a small, blue ball of energy that came out of the weapon on his palm missed the werewolf he had been aiming at by several feet, instead hitting a tree and breaking a good-sized chunk off of it. Grabbing Derek to make sure he didn't fall off, the blue-eyed man frowned as Fia reached the edge of the lake and finally stopped, breathing heavily from the chase. Glancing back, she checked to make sure Ash was close behind them then turned her head to look up at Derek.

"Now what?" She asked. "We're in the middle of werewolf territory."

Derek got off looking at a large cabin near where the lake ran into a river. Down the river was a lone willow tree in the meadow. A snarl sounded as a black wolf tore towards them, although it was small and sounded like a puppy. Derek snorted and picked the wolf up by the scruff. "Put my pup down!" a man shouted. And started towards the group. "Enough! That's no way to treat guests both of you!" a woman started towards them. She looked like the Queen, but with honey blond hair streaked with gray, scars on her arms and cheek, golden brown eyes and looked to be a fit fifty year old. She had a tan golden wolf ears and a tail her feet bare like Derek's. Derek set down the pup looking nonplussed at the woman as she slowly made her way to them. The pup changed into a boy and ran behind the woman calling her nana and peeked out from behind her skirts.

Ash danced around looking confused at the woman. "Derek.... what's going on? Do you know her? James... put that away please..." He tapped the alien on the shoulder. Derek frowns. "I don't know... I think I did... it's fuzzy, but the wolf side of me... it's telling me were safe here......" He looked around again.

"The others don't like it here, believe it's haunted. They wouldn't pass the river. Come over here and tell me your names, these old eyes aren't what they used to be." said the woman again.

((Is that ok? Wolves can remember scents... you save one, it'll remember you. His instincts are strong and the woman is Lillith Neiva's sister. (I'll explain more on why she looks so young..))

The alien had immediately lifted his palm up again when new creatures approached but paused when his shoulder was tapped. Glancing back at Ash, he stared at him for a few moments before pulling his arm back with a sigh and closing his palm. Immediately, the weapon turned white and reverted back into a rock that he safely tucked into the front pocket of his coat. As he glanced around, his tail slowly swayed from side to side.

"Okay....but is it haunted?" Fia asked, glancing around. The lake did feel a bit weird to her and legends usually came from somewhere.

Ranaghar frowned as he slipped off of Ash's back, staring at James for a few moments before looking at the cabin near the lake. Looking at Derek, he scowled slightly, clearly waiting for him to take the lead on this one. He didn't know this place but Derek seemed to. He could take charge.

((Yeah... I'll let it slide but memories are different than instincts. The two shouldn't really overlap so, really, he shouldn't know the scents because Derek isn't Arkin. Instinct would be like James building a nest because it's what his (current) species does. But he wouldn't know anyone from Viziel's life.))

((derek doesn't know her. But he gets the same sad painful feeling looking at her as he did the king and the knife. The place is instinct to him because that's where his mate and his den was. He feels safe, because it's his den.))

The woman smiled softly as she got closer to them. "If you believe my sister's spirit still guards this place, then perhaps. This place also got scarred the most during the war. All of this is two hundred years worth of regrowth and careful tending. In some spots, you can still see scarring on trees were chunks were blown off. She froze then rushed forward yanking Derek down looking at his eyes, teeth, ears, hair, examining him head to toe. "it can't be! It isn't even possible! Where's your scars? Your sword? You have the knife-" Derek yanked away. "I don't know you. I don't... have any scars ...what on earth are you talking about?" The woman stopped and stepped back. "You don't remember Arkin? Nothing at all? There's lots we need to speak about here. All of you are welcome.. we have a small shelter behind the cabin we keep the wood in. The bird and centaur can stay there. Follow me." She turned and marched back to the cabin the black haired boy still trailing her, this time holding on to her tail his own seemed to big for his little body.

Derek looks at the others and followed her after a moment's hesitation. Clearly this woman knew something about this Arkin character.

((But it's not his den because he's not Arkin. Instinct is something an entire species should have and not based on memory. Having faint memory is okay but not for everything.

Look at it this way: they haven't lost their memories. They're completely different people. Anything they might feel is like a picture that has been photocopied ten times until barely anything is left. Unless an outside source intervenes, they are their own people.))

The alien frowned slightly, giving Derek a short look before moving forward, following him after a few moments. As he walked, he sniffed the air slightly, glancing around at the forest. Well, at least everything was starting to recover. The war had really left it's mark on the land.

Noticing Ranaghar had followed and was staring at him, the blue-eyed creature smiled innocently and shrugged before jogging after Derek. "Neither of us remember anything," he said helpfully. "So if you could enlighten us in anyway it would be appreciated."

((Ah. Sorry. When will they get their memories?))

"I don't know you very well. I've only seen you once or twice when Arkin brought you around. We never really spoke more then a hello to each other. Arkin I do know. He lived with me and my sister for two years and helped me shift the first time. The first time is painful. It isn't easy to forget." She went inside. Two other werewolves sat in a living room. One with brown hair streaked with grey and another woman who was young and had dark grey hair ears and tail flecked with black. The kid ran up to her and the black haired young man stood behind her. "I'm Lillith, this is my husband Gregory." She waved to the brown hair man. "My son Sebastian, his mate Carla and their boy Ark. These are our guests, treat them kindly, I would not have any fighting on my territory." She told the wolves and they nodded. She looks at them.

Derek realized she was waiting for introduction of his group. "I'm... Derek.. this is James, Ranaghar and the two outside are Fia and Asheron..." The woman frowned at his name. "Clearly you don't remember if you don't use your name.."

((Well, Arkin can always be brought back by the Evil. But if you have another idea that you want to work with, you can tell me.))

Ranaghar offered up a brief, curt nod before resuming his glaring in James's general direction. At his side, his fingers twitched ever so slightly, indicating he was uncomfortable and likely on edge for some reason or another.

"Oh, that's too bad," James replied with a frown and a shake of his head. "But at least you know something about Arkin. Although, I am a little confused. Didn't you say it's been two hundred years since the war? I didn't know werewolves were so long-lived."

((James shocks the wrong wolf in a fight and he gets some memory back (but the evil still holds some of it, he gets the parts before he fought in the war) is that ok? Because I'm thinking when the two met, Viziel possibly shocked him... is that okay?))

"Our age slows when we hit thirty to one year for every ten. Although, most don't live past fifty or one hundred with all the fighting we do. Because I stayed here, I am the oldest werewolf ever lived. Arkin was a half breed, he'd live long like us, but his ageing would be different. If he was still alive... he'd look like a really old human. She sat on a chair waving them to sit as well.

"What can you tell me about... Arkin?"/Derek asked.