pudding

Reincarnated Remake

Derek was gagged as well and he growls lowly as he was man (horse?) Handled away.

Asheron followed them giving fia an apologetic look. "Why groups? There used to be herds of centaurs and all where individuals. Only the shaman met up with the other elders in times of peril.." He asked as he frowned. "Felitaur hunted our kind! Elder Atha has scars across her flank from a Felitaur.... Have we fallen on such hard times?" He said almost like he was going to cry. He meets his mighty kind only to find out they have fallen hard.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Times have changed," The centaur replied with a shake of his head. "Felitaur are vital in fighting back against neighboring groups. When they're eating our enemies, they aren't eating us. Banding together is more important now than ever. We can't afford small herds anymore." Keeping a steady pace, he looked Ash over then looked back at Fia as she nervously pulled the cart, completely surrounded by centaurs. "Pretty crazy looking chicken you've got. If you're attached to it, you might want to keep it close."

Ash moved closer to her. "She's a swan ostrich crossbreed. She can defend herself... but I'll still heed your words. Am I the only black one here?" He asked looking around. Dun, chestnut, bay, red.... no black l.

"That would be correct. We haven't seen a black centaur in many years. They're fairly uncommon."

At the steady pace, it took only a few hours to reach an area the leading centaur described as Home Base. The large area vaguely resembled a village in the midst of a plain. Wagons were lined up two lines, having been stripped of their insides. Centaurs with horse, tiger and lion bottoms stood or lounged around the wagons, some resting inside and others transporting things around. In a circle off to the side, a few young felitaurs played with a small centaur whose lower half resembled a deer. Several fires were lit where all three kinds could be found chatting in small groups. "Alright, line the wagon up and start stripping it," the lead centaur ordered. As soon as the wagon was in place, Fia was untied and free to quickly jump forward and move to Ash's side, looking about nervously. Glancing back at their prisoners, the centaur paused then shrugged. "The council can decide what they want to do with you," he finally said before lifting James up. The alien was still unconscious and didn't even stir when he was lifted. "But this one goes with me." With that, the centaur trotted away, moving towards one of the fire circles. The ones holding Ranaghar and Derek set them down and undid their gags, only to tie them to one of the wagons. Fia and Ash were left untied as the centaurs moved to take all of the cargo out of their wagon.

"Lovely," Ranaghar muttered under his breath, looking around at where they were.

"How are we going to get out?" Derek murmurs watching the alien being dragged away.

Ash watched as they took the stuff from the wagon.. wait.. His things where in there! He dashed over quickly as a centaur took out a patterned blanked made of black and white and grey wool. He took that and got his tunic from the wagon. "some of these things belong to me.. hey! No! Don't uncorked that, that's acidic and would burn you. " He rushed over to the dun one that has his saddle bag and carefully took the vile from his hand and the bag from the dappled grey. He froze when a deep liver chestnut brown one had a necklace in his hands, the two white swan feathers hanging along turquoise and laptiz beads and three quarts stones shaped like fangs with the feathers between them. Two blood red and black stones ended the pattern on either side shaped like crude arrow heads. He snatched it back, and gently put it on it jangled on his chest. "No one touches the necklace..." He said lowly as he trotted back to Fia with his things.

Ranaghar frowned, watching James be carted off. He didn't have any weapons on him and against these numbers, he couldn't do much. Strong as he may be, he didn't like his odds so far away from his source of energy. He was starting to realize just how much he depended on the forest for energy. "We need a plan," he replied softly, lowering his gaze to the ground. Felitaurs invaded his forest in the past and he often fought to keep them away. But that was so long ago they probably did not remember his face. To them, he was just a human because a human was all he looked like. Moreover, his intimidation wouldn't work on them as well and certainly not as many of them. "Just think about one for now. Try not to draw attention to yourself."

Fia glanced around to make sure nobody was listening before leaning in close to Ash. "This place is weird," she hissef, looking around with a frown. She casually pecked at the ground a few times before looking back up at him. "I thought all of these creatures were enemies? Why are there so many of them together?"

Derek nodded and studied the group. "Either way, we can't get away with the cart...." He muttered as he closed his eyes and planned.

Ash shifted on his hooves looking up at the stars to gauge the position they are in. "They are. It seems I've missed my kind in their glory. The stars don't shine brightly here.. and you can't see Tarak the centaur warrior's olive branch... Only his bow... this isn't good.... not good at all. The Path... the Path of the shaman is gone here... " He couldn't stop the tears. "Bad, bad things are ahoof...I don't like this at all. The others are present, the elf and human slaying Gargore earthshaker the mighty Dragon of the south. Rege, the brave deer driving off the dark hound with his fowl smelling herbs.... but the Path, the belt of the sky is gone. This is a horrible happening.. terrible horrible..." He sniffed.

Fia looked up at the sky but clearly didn't see the same things Ash did. Noticing one of the cat-like centaurs was approaching, she fell quiet and moved closer to Ash. The creature that approached had the lower half of a tiger and the upper half of a girl. She had small, rounded ears on the top of her head and her hair was dark and lose. Her eyes briefly focused on Fia before looking up at Ash, her tail swishing back and forth slightly. She was clearly much younger than he was, probably only a child. "Why are you crying?" She asked, chewing rather absent-mindedly on a bone she was carrying.

Ash stepped in front of the swan maiden hiding her from view as he wiped his eyes. "I was raised among humans, but my grandma remembered her wild times out in the plains. I grew up with stories of my proud people.. only to see they have lost their way and to find the stars we so love growing dark. It saddens me, tears my heart apart." He heaved a sigh. "But I must get used to this for I joined this group. I'll be fine in a moment little one. Why don't you go and play? He gave her some small smile.

"There isn't anyone to play with," The young tiger child replied with a frown, tipping her head to the side. "There aren't any centaurs to play with me and the others won't play with me because I'm too big." She puffed out her cheeks slightly and moved closer, circling around Ash slightly. "You're new. I haven't ever seen a centaur that's got black fur. Are you special? We've got a legend about a white felitaur." Clearly, she wasn't going to leave for some time.

He might as well indulge the child. "I wouldn't know, my father is a dark black grey color I guess I got my dark coloring from him. Now, would you like to tell me this legend or teach me a game you play? I am very new to all of this so I don't know many games." He leans down to look at the tiger child better. "let's start with our names, mine is Asheron."

The tigerchild offered up a large, toothy grin in response. "My name is Bicce!" She replied. "And the legend says once every thousand years a white felitaur will come. He might be a lion or a tiger or something but he'll be stronger than any other around! And when he comes he'll fight off all of our enemies and make this land safe for us to live in again. And then we can be happy." She sat down and looked up at Ash. "Do you know any legends?"

"maybe.." He sat on his back legs. "only if you don't know the one about the two heroes. Hmm.. or of Tarak the warrior centaur. He's so great, the Star master had to weave his shape among the stars" He grinned back at the little one.

"I've never heard any of those," Bicce replied, her eyes going wide in awe. Those sounded interesting. As Fia sat down as well, the tiger child sighed loudly and glanced around. "All the other centaurs here are boring. The only stories they talk about are how they can't find any lady centaurs. I mean, we've all got that problem! My momma ran off when I was really little and left me and my brothers here. All the Felitaurs here are gross." She stuck out her tongue then resumed chewing on her bone.

"Well, all the other ladies might think the same thing. They don't smell to nice do they?" He leans to the little cub whispering that with w chuckle be sitting back and tapping his hoof. "Where to begin... ahh! Long, long ago, darkness crept into all things green and good in this world. Malicious thoughts seeped into the minds of the peaceful of Tiadoria and the vicious become even more deadly....." He started out and moved to a small fire that had no one around it, pulling out something in his pouch flicking it in the fire like his mother and grandma did. A crackle and a small cloud of dark smoke rose up. With deft hands he shaped it into a form with eyes and wings. "A great Evil had arrived in Tiadoria." Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

The felitaur followed Ash to the fire and immediately sat down again, staring up at him. When the flames began to react to whatever he was doing, she gasped and her eyes grew wider. Lifting her hands to cover her mouth, she stared at the image in the flames as a young, male deer-centaur crept over and looked at the scene curiously before laying down next to Bicce, staring up at Ash as well.

"Then what happened?" Bicce whispered softly, her ears twitching slightly as she stared at Ash. Only a few lines in and she was already very much interested in his story.

Ash smiled. He was taught by the best. He swept away the image. "No one knows how long the evil was in Tiadoria, but it came at a bad time... or for it, an opportun time. Clans fought consistently, brother against brother and whatever was left had to face the Evil One's army. Their kind was said to be made from stone and ash, and can throw fire with their hands. Until one faithful day.. two heroes emerged from the wastelands left behind the battles. " More powder and smoke, this time it was white. He shaped it into a white wolf as he spoke. "One came from the wolf lands, Arkin was his name, the full moon and iron had no effect on him. The other came from a place...." He swept his hands under the wolf, pushing the smoke to the sky. "...beyond our stars."

By now, a small group of kids had gathered around the fire, all of them staring up at Ash as he told the story. Deer, cat and horse alike were all mesmerized. For the most part, they all looked to be male, just like the adults that made up the camp. Whispers rose up among the group as Ash described the heroes.

"Spaceman?"

"What did he look like?"

"I thought werewolves were all animals."

"Was he a wolf or a werewolf?"

"Was the wolf really white?"

Ash laughed and paused the story for a minute. "Now enough questions, save them for after." He lightly chided chuckling before continuing on. "We do not know how these two met, but never before had two vastly different creatures joined together and formed a friendship like they did. These two heroes found a way to get rid of this evil. As the battles started to look grim, they struck and vanquished the Evil One, casting him into the abyss.... but not without a price. The two heroes had sacrificed their own souls, casting themselves to the abyss as well."

He paused sprinkling the dark smoke again so it curled lazily from the fire. "Many years passed, and the Evil One found a way back into this world. The current king of the humans ordered these two to be resurrected again, in hopes of them vanishing the Evil again, this time permanently sealing him in the darkness. These heroes though where reborn elsewhere and have no memory of Tiadoria. We were on our way to the Wolves when they were taken prisoner here. Yes, I said we. I am their guide on this quest. You all must understand, if they can't continue to learn more about their own history here, they can't stop the Evil again. One of the Hero's is with the lead centaur... the other, the wolf, is waiting with the guardian of the eleven forests, Ranaghar. What they did before saved our world. Do you all understand?" He spoke softly as he looked at the children. Young ones where very influential to the adults, even if they don't know it. A persistent child can at least get some wiggle room for the heroes. He wasn't exactly manipulating them. Just telling a story. They make of it what they will.

The children were silent for several long moments before a blond lion leapt to his feet. "You mean they're here?" He bellowed loudly, causing the other children to scramble to their feet and swarm Ash's feet.

"We want to see them!" The children yelled. Fia frowned as she was pressed closer to Ash then suddenly suddenly squawked loudly as a few of her feathers were pulled out by one particularly ambitious deer child.

"Calm down!" He shouted loudly throwing powder that created a loud popping bang into the fire. "You will have to see the council about seeing them. One hero is held captive by the wagons, the other is over there." He pointed to the fire where the centaur took James. "I am new here, I don't know your rules about these things and I don't want to break them. Go ask the other adults if you can see them. Alright?" He danced carefully trying not to trod on any tails and keep Fia safe.

The children immediately fell silent and stared at Ash for a few moments before scrambling away to find their respective parents. This left Fia alone once more with Ash. Huffing, Fia looked at where the feathers had been pulled from her body then turned her head to stare up at Ash. "I don't think a bunch of kids will convince them to let us go," She said softly. "But maybe we can use it to our advantage. Maybe that and the two things that girl said. I noticed myself everyone here looks like they're male. I don't know why but maybe if you do a bit of snooping we can find out why. We need something other than to just distract a bunch of kids."

"Ranaghar said he ran into a group of female centaur's traveling north, living in the coldest parts, this was long ago but they can still be there. The metal ruins are there as well and the wolf lands are on the way. If the children don't convince them, I'll convince them with that. I know enough male centaurs at home to know the thought of meeting a lady one would be enough to hold sway. Who knows, we may run into the females. And considering I am well versed in the old ways, and trained to be a gentleman by the humans, I might be able to bring them back..." He said tilting his head. "a quest within a quest. But yes, we should find the exact reason why the females aren't around..." Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"That doesn't explain the Felitaur or the cervitaur. I don't see any girls either." She frowned slightly then glanced in the direction of the wagons before suddenly turning to Ash. "What we need is a distraction and enough time to get away. Something that will give us enough time to grab the heroes and Ranaghar and run. I can probably hold one or two of them if you can hold the other. And I'm confident in my skills in running away so I'm positive we can outrace them if we've got enough of a head start."

"I can hold two people and a cart full of things. I'm bread for strength. Speed wise I am fast, although not as much as you. The heroes need to get as far as they can, Ranaghar and I can hold our own. Never underestimate the power of herbs. I have a home made knock out potion that when heated it quickly turns to a gas. Let's see how this plays out. As for finding out why no ladies are around here.." He walked over to a older group of centaurs and sat beside one. "Herm.... Excuse me, hi.. I'm new here. I never been to the plans before. Um.. I heard stories about the herds of centaurs.... my elder mom was in one and.. I was wondering... do any of you know why the ladies disappeared?"