Clown_of_God

Terravahn - OoC

Are you interested?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nah, it's fine. I expected to be making some changes to the forms, it was just a matter of what.

Making changes now... and done.

Edited by Zeditha

(I hope its not too late to join)

- Username: nicknick88

- Character Name: Karthix

- Race: Khajahn

- Element: None

- Appearance: Karthix is an extremely strange Khajan, Rather than assuming mammalian features, like most of his comrades, his family had taken on a more humanoid appearance, mixed with some reptilian features. His forearms and hands are covered in rough, deep blue scales. He only has four fingers, each of which contain sharp, pointed, claws at the ends. Also, at the end of his elbows are long, curved, black claws, He has an iguana-like tail, covered in blue scales, and lined with claws similar to those on his elbows. All his teeth are incredibly sharped fangs. His eyes are yellow, with black, slit pupils, like most reptiles. However, everything else about him is completely humanoid. The skin on the rest of the body is a deep brown. He has a big nose, and a prominent chin. He is incredibly skinny, only weighing about 200 pounds, and standing at 6'7". He has short, curly black hair.

- Occupancy: Mercenary/Weaponsmith

- History: Karthix was born and raised in a semi-populated city in Zh'kha. His strange reptilian appearance made him an object of fascination among his peers, and the array of claws on his body made him a great fighter. However, as he grew older, him and his family were estranged from the rest of his town, because of the fact that Karthix's sharp claws were often the cause of serious (though accidental), injuries to other children in his town. His parents could not find work, and quickly he soon found his family impoverished. Karthix quickly learned hunting, making a meager livng for his family by killing wild animals with his bare hands (and claws), and selling them as meat to others in his town. This was barely enough to keep his family alive. He often found them starving, barely able to afford vegetables with the little money Karthix made. Karthix saw how the rich, famous mercenaries of his town lived: lavishly and luxuriously. He knew that because of his appearance, in his town, his family would never be able to achieve a higher standard of living for themselves. So he taught his family how to hunt, and when he turned eighteen, he left his village, to find a way to support his family elsewhere. He quickly headed for the capital of Zh'kha and tested into a Mercenary's guild, where they would teach him to fight. Never using a weapon, Karthix relied on his claws for power. He went on quests, earning money, and sending it back to his family but after his own expenses, it was still hardly enough to live on. He then observed how a nearby smiting guild made a lot of money selling weapons. In addition, he took that occupancy up, and was a natural at it. However, he chose to make cheap weapons and sell them at high prices, to maximize the profit for himself and his family. Karthix only made good weapons for himself. He soon made a weapon that served as an extension of the claws on his hands and elbows, to maintain his fighting style. He soon started getting harder missions from his mercenary's guild, and failing. He was incredibly fast and agile, and had very high stamina, but he was not very strong. He was always beat mercilessly by harder foes on quests now, and often returned with having completed his quests. Karthix was no longer obtaining enough to support his family, whom he loved so dearly. So he payed a hefty sum of cash, to upgrade his claw-extensions. An enchanter he met on a dungeon-crawl imbued his weapons with the powers of ice. His attacks could now freeze opponents for a few seconds, stun them, packed more of a punch, and were cold to the touch. This investment was worth it, as he finally was able to complete harder quests, and make more money. He grew richer and richer off selling weapons and completing quests, and became a very renowned mercenary. He soon moved to Nor, where harder quests were available, and now travels across Teravahn, searching for ways to make large amounts of money at any cost.

- Personality: Cunning, pensive, and extremely calculative, yet also outgoing, and talkative. He will do anything for money

- Guild: Mercenary and Smithing

- Other: His claws are retractable. His claw-extension weapons have ice powers, able to freeze, stun...etc opponents on touch.

ALSO I HAD AN IDEA FOR A SENTIENT RACE

- Species Name: N'Vixus

- Species Description: Short, bulky ork like creatures, whose skin ranges all colors of the rainbow. They have small horns, and on average stand about four feet tall. They are the only other species capable of learning an element, but most chose to use brute force, and up close combat instead. Their teeth are naturally yellow, and they have big, bulging eyes. Despite their small size, they are all typically very muscular, and 75% of their population are males. The element they master is the first element they see at birth, in any form. For example, if they see an object made of metal when their first born, they will master metal, if they see a cup of water, they will master water. For this reason, elements like Ice, Water, Nature, Earth, Metal, and sand are common while Air, Electricity, and Fire are more rare elements. They grow incredibly fast. Within a month, they are the size of a full sized adult. What they lack in whit, they make up for in brute force. With mastery of an element, and the strength of six men, they have the potential to be great fighters, but they are incredibly dumb. By dodging their attacks, and having a lick of strategy, one could likely easily beat an N'Vixus in battle, due to the fact their whole strategy is "charge and crush!"

- Diet: Carnivorous

- Attitude: THey are incredibly aggressive and territorial, and will not hesitate to take on an opponent much larger and more skilled. They mostly reside in mountainous areas in small camps. They have extremely short tempers, and like to resolve most of their problems through combat

- Other: They are not very intelligent, and despise the Yvihn race

Also, a few animals

- Species Name: Blood Wraith

- Species Description: A very rare species, similar in appearance to a large lion, (ten feet on all fours, and weigh almost three tons) with a demon-tail. Their fur is blood red, and they live to hunt. While they are unintelligent animals living to hunt, they often have limited mastery of the Earth element. They are an incredibly rare species, and only reside deep in dungeons. Only the bravest adventurers can hope to even see one.

- Diet: They eat any poor soul brave enough to attempt to challenge them, although they have no need to eat

- Attitude: Aggressive, Attack anything that dares venture into their den

- Other: They never leave their dungeon, and the meat from them sells at an extremely high prices, for it is very rare

- Species Name: Cradix

- Species Description: Appear to be giant shrimp, with light blue skin. They are common, weak dungeon monsters, whose sole purpose is to try to kill adventurers. They only reside in dungeons, and often guard the treasure that resides in them, by instinct

- Diet: Omnivorous

- Attitude: Aggressive

- Other:

- Species Name: Aviot

- Species Description: Small owl like creatures that reside everywhere. Their feather coat ranges all colors of the rainbow, and they have a third eye on their forehead. They have an impeccable sense of direction, and thus are often domesticated as pets, and messenger birds for sentient species.

- Diet: Small rodents, as well as vegetables

- Attitude: Docile

- Other:

- Species Name: Bov

- Species Description: Cow-like creaturs, with two tails, and four horns. Their fur coats are pure black, and eyes are white with no pupil. Females have three tails. They are often hunted as a source of meat, but not without a fight.

- Diet: They graze on grass

- Attitude: Docile

- Other:

Edited by nicknick88

I will take a look at this when I have time, but it looks promising.

@nicknick: So, I looked over the sheets and your character is approved! As for the other critters, Kuro and myself will be making some revisions, but (for the most part) they look good as well and will be added up to the respective post on the first page... after the revisions are complete.

One such thing we've already discussed is the name of the Blood Wraiths. We'll be changing it to Vajra to better suit the naming schemes of this world. As for the N'Vixus, I'm gonna rework their elemental capabilities, but they'll be coming into Terravahn soon as well. Some fleshing out will be done with the other critters, but they look fine as they are.

So, I hope that isn't too much of an issue for you and I hope you like what we do with your additions. xd.png Again, welcome to Terravahn.

Lastly, what you did with the Khjan... yes! Khjan aren't limited to just mammalian type creatures. They can be avian, reptilian, aquatic, etc. What you did is exactly something I was expecting to see.

@Zeditha: Well, everything looks fine for your character sheets... just a few things that I'll fix up when I add you onto the first page. So, just take a quick peak at that within the next few days to see what it was I did. Uhh... aside from that, welcome to Terravahn!

Edited by zakku_uchiha

I will be gone for one week. I decided not to post until I'm back. Just letting you know smile.gif

Alright. Just waiting on the few remaining people to drop their characters in the RP before I try and get things rolling. Remember, if you have an idea of what kind of story to play, feel free to discuss it here or just go with it and see who joins you. Looking forward to what y'all come up with.

Before I post, is anyone willing to travel with Nil? I would like for them to start the story together, even if they split up later.

Before I post, is anyone willing to travel with Nil? I would like for them to start the story together, even if they split up later.

I volunteer!

That sounds good to me. They can also watch each other's backs in case there is danger or something like that.

Woo, bk! I may not be majorly active (I have some obsessive TF2 and Portal 2 playing to do) but I'm back and I'm making my intro post for Salema now smile.gif

I'll also start working on a form for Zeditha's owner; I would have preferred someone else to have them because I envisioned them male and I always play females, but it doesn't matter all that much so I may as well put Mia into yet another RP xd.png

This looks interesting. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the multitude of information laid out there before I actually come up with some character sheets. Also, just wanted to point out that you put "Albahn" instead of "Alh'Vahn" in the country list.

I think it would be easier for some people if there was a map but hey, no pressure, there's enough detail to think up a vague image of the countries. Well, for me at least. tongue.gif

There are seas, right? :3

Edited by Dream_Dragon

@Dream_Dragon: Well, you're free to join in at any given time! If you have any questions about the forms that whatever's written here just can't answer, feel free to PM me.

Also, if I'm seeing right, the Albahn you're talking about is one of the two countries in Elvonar. Albahn and Alh'Vahn are two entirely different things.

Yep, there are seas and small oceans between all five island continents. We have yet to name them, though, so if you wish to use a sea in any way, just tell me and we'll work on figuring things out.

Edited by KuroKishi

Sorry, I've been kinda busy lately, but I am good to post as soon as I figure out everyone who wants to travel with Nil, and where exactly we will be starting.

@BabyRodent I assume I will be starting where you have already started. Also, about how close in terms of time frame are we to the tournament?

Edited by Purplepotatoes2

Still here, still interested. We do need a plot hook to bring the characters closer together though. Or else it'll end up as continual emotes of daily business.

I second that. x3

Here's a sheet. :>

- Username: Dream_Dragon

- Character Name: Vina'Hrum Quinzel (pronounced "Vinurum" like in "rum")

- Race: Yvihn

- Element: -

- Appearance: She stands at around 1.7 meters tall and her chestnut-coloured hair is always tied back into a neat ponytail, her pointed ears clearly poking out from the sides of her head. Her lashes are long and thick and her violet eyes almost always seem bored without her meaning to. Her skin is slightly tan and her build is slim but with slight muscles to prove that she isn't just a pretty face.

- Occupancy: Hunter

- History: Vina was raised by her family in Lrim and they've pretty much lived the standard lives of most Yvihns. She took after her father, who was a hunter, whereas her mom was a magister. Spending her days learning how to hunt, she eventually grew tired of merely living with her parents and decided to join the Adventurer's Guild. Her mom didn't really approve of it but her father merely shrugged it off, saying that it would be good experience for her as a hunter. Now she hardly stays at home, venturing the lands to go after bounties or just for the sake of it, only visiting her folks sometimes. She's heard of the annual competiton tournament but she's never took part in it.

- Personality: Vina is sociable and easy to talk to. She almost always keeps up to date to what's currently happening in the world or at least, with the trends. As a stranger, she may be awkward at first but if a conversation with another person goes well, she'll eventually ease out of her shell. However, call her up to talk in front of a crowd and she'll freeze as she has stage fright.

- Guild: Adventurer's Guild

- Other: In combat, Vina works best at a distance. She uses the traditional bow and arrow to hunt and defend herself if necessary, though she's never actually used her arrows to kill or hurt anyone. If anything, Vina would run away from a fight or avoid it to begin with. However, she does know how to throw a punch.

I actually want to submit another character sheet but it's not quite done yet. tongue.gif

Alright... so, I'm sure most of y'all have read my recent post in the main thread, regarding the khjan bandits that have been attacking villages and smaller cities, simultaneously escalating in who they attack. What I want to know is, do y'all want this to be something that affects everyone else in the long run or did y'all have something else in mind?

On another note, I feel it's really early to start trying to pull everyone together when most of the introductions haven't been made yet and our characters aren't fully incorporated into the world yet. I'm not saying you can't find ways to bring your own characters closer to others and create a small group, but in such a vast world that was meant to be Open World, Open Plot... I feel like it kind of diverts from the original intended course. So, if you have any ideas or anything, please feel free to share them here, in the OoC.

@Dream_Dragon: Your character looks just fine, so feel free to jump right in whenever you feel. For you have been accepted! xd.png

Edited by zakku_uchiha

The attack affecting everyone else is fine by me; it brings internal conflict to a character if they are close to their home village or something like that.