ValidEmotions

Power Keys || OOC

((Oops. Sorry for the long form. I fell in love with Bailey the more I wrote him.))

Username: Skypool

Name: Bailey Flynn

Appearance:

x

• Bailey has honey-colored hair that sweeps around his head in a perpetually untidy manner; he's constantly combing it, but the ends of strands always find a way to curve in the manner of stray feathers.

• His eyes are hazel and narrow in shape. His nose is narrow and pointed as well.

• He stands at the average height for guys his age; his physique is slender and fit. Dancing gives him a slightly toned figure. His complexion is fair, contrasting vividly with his dark hair and eyebrows, which are rather thin and almost wispy. Same goes for his lips.

• Dang, but those eyelashes though. They're really gorgeous.

• Finally, as far as typical apparel goes, he likes tight-fitting shirts (darkly toned) and baggy jackets. His pants are loosely fitted, cinched only to his rear by a belt most of the time. He likes jewelry such as simple chains and metal earrings.

Personality: Bailey's personality can be described by an oxymoron: he's a laid-back perfectionist. He's easygoing and amiable—quite charming, too—but driven by his history and inner compulsions to be the best at what he does. There is a quiet intensity under his crooked smile. You get the sense that he's had to overcome an obstacle or two or many to be who he is today.

In correlation to that perception, it's pretty easy to guess that he's a little guarded with his feelings at times. His interactions with people rarely go beyond surface deep friendliness, except when he's on stage, this is.

There, Bailey Flynn is truly alive.

History: His father is a celebrated trauma surgeon, his mother is a published professor of Psychology, and both of his older siblings—a brother and a sister—are pursuing careers as a physical therapist and a nurse practitioner, respectively.

Oh, yeah, and Bailey wants to be an actor.

He grew up in a highly competitive household where everyone wished to work in the same vein of thinking. It was a shock to Bailey's father especially when he alone, an outlier in such a perfect, successful family, expressed the desire to become something different, to not want to work with broken bones or twisted consciences.

Though Bailey is extremely good at what he does, it's never enough for his father, who lavishes his praises on Jeremiah and Diana, the older Flynns, the less disappointing Flynns, and reserves long lectures on a happy, home-owning future to his youngest son.

After high school, Bailey sought to move far away from his hometown to pursue his own dreams without the pressures of an entire legacy breathing down his neck; even so, inklings of that heritage remain. He strives to become to best performer he can be, he wants to make his father proud, and most importantly, he needs to know that his mother had been right when she had lovingly told him that it was okay to be different from the rest of them, that she supported and believed in him no matter what.

Bailey received a full scholarship to attend a liberal arts college. Theater is his major.

Unlocked Power: Whenever Bailey sings or modulates his voice to a certain, almost lyrical pitch (the kind one would use to be persuasive or eloquent), he can sway or even change the emotions and thoughts of others. He can also invoke images or illusions. His power is reminiscent of that of a Siren.

Unlocked Trinket: Bailey's trinket comes in the form of a silver earring shaped like a musical clef; he wears it in his right ear.

Strengths:

- Bailey is a talented performer.

- Having had to perfect the art of assuming different facial expressions, Bailey is acute when it comes to observing people and then perceiving their feelings.

- He has an eye for organization.

Weaknesses:

- Bailey is a crippling germaphobe. Touch him with something he perceives to be dirty, and before you know it, the boy is lathering both of you with hand sanitizer.

- His dyslexia still trips up his academic endeavors from time to time. This is coupled with the fact that he could employ the system he uses to memorize scripts for it, but he chooses not to out of apathy for education. In other words, he's a lazy pig, but no, not really. He makes excellent grades anyways because he's a people pleaser.

- In regards to and in consideration of his more successful older siblings, Bailey has an inferiority complex. He craves validation and will do anything to get it. This trait can manifest itself in quite a few unpleasant ways, including overtaxing himself or becoming needy for the verbal accolade he so desires. "Did I do well? Did I? Did I?"

Other:

• When he was eight-years old, Bailey was diagnosed with dyslexia.

• As of currently, he works at the on-campus Starbucks to pay bills and whatnot.

Ah, Sky, he's lovely. ^^ Accepted.

Just a reminder, I don't want sheets PM'd to me. I slipped/forgot when Padfoot messaged his sheet to me and accepted his character before I remembered. (I won't go back on my approval of it though.) So, again, just post sheets here or in the IC. Don't PM them, please.

EDIT: We have four characters/members now. I want to wait one more day and then I'll get the RP started.

Edited by Narvix

Ah, Sky, he's lovely. ^^ Accepted.

Just a reminder, I don't want sheets PM'd to me. I slipped/forgot when Padfoot messaged his sheet to me and accepted his character before I remembered. (I won't go back on my approval of it though.) So, again, just post sheets here or in the IC. Don't PM them, please.

EDIT: We have four characters/members now. I want to wait one more day and then I'll get the RP started.

Pad is male? I always imagined them to be female O.O

Anyways, it should only take that day to get a decent sheet ^^

|D Admittedly, I thought I had seen a male icon on Pad's profile once. Oops. Additionally, I think I assumed male because that's how a lot of people identified them? My mistake really |D I get confused. I don't actually know Pad's gender identity. o.o

EDIT: If someone needs me to wait a little longer before starting the thread tomorrow, I'm willing to do so and hold off for a couple more days. ^^ Just let me know.

Edited by Narvix

I'm in the process of typing up a character. First RP I'm joining in aaaaages.

Hey guys

Plans backfired, and now I do not have iPad access today dry.gif or the rest of the weekend, for that matter. I will have to make a sheet on Monday DX

Don't wait for me

I should be done my character sheet by tomorrow. smile.gif

Would it be okay if I left the "other" section blank for now? There really isn't anything I think is worth putting there.

Yup, definitely ^^ "Other" is just for anything additional you might want to share. smile.gif

Did you want me to wait on starting the thread until you turn in your sheet?

(Finished. Deleted previous post to avoid doubling.)

Username: KoalaNoob

Name: Kate Hollins

Appearance: Kate has a small build, standing around 5'1". She has a pale complexion and large brown eyes framed by glasses. Her hair is dark brown and reaches a few inches past her shoulder. She usually wears a plain hoodie or loose shirt over a t-shirt with black track pants. Because she doesn't spend much time on appearance, she generally looks messy and ungroomed.

Personality: Kate was brought up by very protective parents and it shows. She is immature and innocent even at her age, knowing very little about life outside of school. However, she doesn't realize this, and constantly acts like she knows more than everyone else. Her naivety also causes her to not understand when others are emotionally hurt, and occasionally comments things that are morally wrong to most. That's not to say that she is haughty and self-centered, though. She will constantly go out of her way to help others, and respects those who grow close to her greatly.

She is clever and intelligent because of how school is essentially her entire life. She is a problem-solver who loves to use unique and off-the-wall methods to get through life. Kate believes that this is a spark that makes her stand out, though that's not the truth for many people.

History: An only child born to loving parents, Kate's early life was uneventful. Throughout elementary school, she was the loner who sat in a corner and read or did work without caring about her social status.

When she reached high school, she met people like herself and began to make friends. Though nobody in her group of friends was social or talked a lot, they got along well. As time went by, her friends all left the school she went to. She misses them immensely, but is able to function as a solitary person. Her attention became entirely focused on maintaining and improving her grade, but this tired her out quickly and she now wonders if there is anything to life other than school and work.

Unlocked Power: Kate can manipulate light by tampering with travelling light waves. This power allows her to do things like blinding a person or distorting what they see. Making things that don't really exist tires her out immensely. She can only target one person at a time.

Unlocked Trinket: A thick piece of yarn tied into an intricate and sturdy knot.

Strengths:

-intelligent and quick-witted problem-solver

-excellent in arguments

-fast runner, though she prefers sprinting over long-distance

Weaknesses:

-stubborn, has a hard time accepting other peoples' ideas

-inept socially

-easy to scare, numerous phobias (i.e. water, spiders, fire, etc.)

Other: N/A

Edited by KoalaNoob

Alright, the RP has started.

The man is there to guide everyone to the basement but there's no need for him to follow until everyone has arrived. You're free to have him say something along that bit of knowledge.

Similarly, the woman won't say anything beyond what power your character has unlocked until everyone's there.

Hope I'm not too late!

Username: Anak

Name: Gemma Adu

Appearance: Gemma's skin is a rich, sandy beige (and satisfyingly smooth). Her eyes are deeply and darkly brown, shining like a choclately gemstone, and are framed in her soft and rectangular-ish face. Her brown hair is naturally curled into wild ringlets, and stays above her shoulders. She usually wears comfortable clothing, like a sweater and baggy sweatpeants, and will probably just wear a pair of Converse's if she's going out.

Personality: Gemma gives off a welcoming and warm air, like some good sips of hot chocolate. She relishes peace and quiet, and feels her best in a comfy, calm environment. Oddly enough, though, Gemma is both introverted and extroverted. Under all of the nice and friendly attitude, Gemma is upbeat and angry. She'll often let off the pressure by ripping apart a dollar store plush toy or throwing cheap porcelain plates at the wall. She loves the silence, and then she loves to break it.

Whilst living alone, Gemma craves friendship and physical contact, and constantly worries that she isn't getting enough (part of the reason why she's throwing those plates). She longs to feel the warmth of another human being, and to fill the empty spaces beside her. Making plans out with her friends makes her feel loved beyond limit, yet she can never shake the feeling that she's being a nuisance to whoever she's inviting.

Gemma has a beautiful singing voice that she is reluctant to share (part of the reason why she's living alone). She is self-taught at singing and reading musical notation, and will often compose songs just for herself, songs that no one else will hear.

History: Gemma learned very quickly that she would never get what she wanted with other people. Many responses to her wishes, from her parents mainly, were a resounding "no". As she grew up, her parents grew more lenient with her, and allowed her to do more things, but there was always an atmosphere that they didn't like what she was doing. She was always monitored, as if they thought she was doing something shifty (she wasn't).

School didn't prove to be much of an issue to Gemma. She excelled at the main subjects, was passionate at her vocational ones, had a lot of friends... If you looked more closely, however, you would see bouts of low grades, loneliness/arguments with friends. It was quite clear that Gemma was unhappy with where she was, but since the end result turned out to be great grades, her negativity went unnoticed.

As soon as she could, Gemma moved house. She grabbed a nice apartment that she made cosy, and lived alone, away from family, from old friends, from people who would deny her of what she needed. She got herself a low-effort job in a clothing store in town, and just... relaxed. She left behind the stress and expectations of other people, and sought out to just be herself for once.

Unlocked Power: Gemma can manipulate technology, meaning she can control computers and such without even being near them. From electrical technolgoy, she is able to give small, low-energy electrical shocks. As a subset of controlling technology, Gemma can also browse the interent and go about a desktop in her head as if she were a computer. Although, there is only so much memory this can take up.

Unlocked Trinket: A flat, long, red tuning fork, which is silver at the sides.

Strengths:

• She can be very sneaky, small, and quiet when she wants to be.
  • Quick to process things.
  • Great at lying.
Weaknesses:
  • It can be very difficult for Gemma to find motivation to do things a lot of the time.
  • Can be very shy at times.
  • Has pretty much no concept of height, weight, money, etc.

Ok, I hope that's better now

Edited by Anak

Her power is more technomancy (ability to control technology) than it is electrical manipulation. Can you describe to me a bit more as to how she controls technology through electricity?

On second thought, it is technomancy. I would have said to control electricity suppleid to computers and travelling through wires and etc. etc. but that seems to intricate/complicated so I'll just get rid of it altogether. It can be compensated for anyways.

It's fine to have minor electricity control as a subset. smile.gif I just wanted to make sure you knew that what you described was better labeled as technomancy. ^^

After that's fixed up, she's accepted and I'll put her in the IC. :3

Edited by Narvix

Thank you! It's almost 4am so I'll get my intro post in tomorrow bc I need some sleep

Edited by Anak

Do the physical mutations appear during the flash of light, or do they develop slowly over time?

~~~

Username: TehUltimateMage

Name: Skye Dumont-Lebel

Appearance: Tall and lanky, Skye's long black hair capitalizes on her height. Her limbs are long and wiry and bony in places, though her thin figure isn't really apparent under the stiff fabric of her dark green trenchcoat-style jacket and baggy jeans. Her face is angular and her skin is on the fairer side with some, but not many, apparent freckles, and headphones usually sit on her head or around her neck. Both her ears are pierced on the lobe and on the cartilage (with the left one bearing a second cartilage piercing through the top of the ear) though her earrings are simply small silver rings. Her eyes are a natural greyish blue.

Personality: A troublemaker by nature, Skye loves to test the limits of whatever she does. Brimming with overconfidence, Skye trusts her own instincts and luck to keep her out of serious trouble and her quick thinking to wiggle out of tight situations.

Fiercely independent despite not having completed high school, Skye thinks of herself as an independent worker and traveler. She's a smooth talker who finds joy in pushing other's buttons (such as triggering phobias or bringing up sensitive subjects), though she quickly gets bored of it and as a result keeps to herself when the drama she caused has lost its entertainment value. Suffice to say, Skye doesn't plan too much for the future, finding it exciting enough to live in the present.

History: Raised by a young single mother who was perhaps too lenient in her opinion, Skye might have turned out less than adequate in some people's eyes. While it may have been mistaken for naivety, she liked to try new experiences and judge them for herself rather than let rules and society dictate what's good and bad for her. Only just recently, she dropped out of high school but still hasn't told her mother, spending the day instead roaming the streets.

Unlocked Power: Gone with the wind: Skye gains a pair of black wings, short but slender and tapered for speed and agility like a tern's. They sprout out of her back, about two meters in either direction when fully outstretched, and connect below her shoulderblades. Downy black feathers cover the rest of her back, fading away before they reach her neck and the base of her spine. They can fold to a surprisingly small size, able to be concealed under her jacket. The wings alone cannot fully power her flight, but her control over wind (such as making whirlwinds or blades of air as sharp as knives) allows her to lift off and even hover.

Unlocked Trinket: What appears to be a sparrow skull carved out of a reddish wood. It carries a faint nutty scent and has been sanded smooth and coated with matte varnish.

Strengths:

- A smooth talker. Skye is good with words, and even better at slipping in lies without skipping a beat.

- Good intuition and acute awareness of her surroundings.

Weaknesses:

- Book dumb. Doesn't have the patience to work with theory, only things that may be useful later.

- Likes to mess with other people and can be generally unpleasant.

- Can't plan ahead and doesn't get much done as a result.

Other:

She's accepted Mage. ^^ As for your question, they'll develop over time but start to grow the moment the power is unlocked. :3 I'd say, at longest, the mutations should be completely grown after twenty days. Of course, that length can shorten base on just how significant the mutations are.

How is this? (Also, Ethan greatly approves of the way Skye lives life).

Username: psyshock

Name: Ethan Chance

Appearance: Ethan has short auburn hair and bright green eyes. He is usually spotted with what could be described as a mischievous grin. Given that he has a bit of a pranking history, this has people keeping their eyes open. Standing at about 5’7’’ with a slim build, he is typically seen wearing jeans along with t-shirts and zippered hoodies.

Personality: Ethan tends to bore easily when topics don’t interest him (e.g. lectures in class). He is driven by his current interests and whims, which also prompted him to study sleight of hand techniques when he was younger. He had always been a bit fidgety and playing with sleight of hand gave him something fun to do while fidgeting. He loves chance-based activities as there is a certain thrill that comes out of not knowing what will happen. He even bases some of his decisions of what to do on the outcome of a coin flip or a die roll.

History: He had a pretty normal childhood, an only child born to a middle-class family. He hasn’t moved around much so he has been living here for his whole life. His parents got a divorce when he was seven and his father moved away. His mom remarried seven years later and they now live with his step-father and step-sister. Valerie, his step-sister, is around the same age as him and they get along as well as any other pair of siblings.

Unlocked Power: Luck/Probability manipulation. He can alter the probability of things occurring or simply bless objects or people with good luck, to increase the likeliness of a positive event happening to the object sometime in the future, and jinx them with bad luck, to increase the likeliness of a negative event occurring. He has no control over what actually happens, simply the odds of something happening; Ethan messing with things can possibly cause many crazy things to happen. He can also use his powers when making choices, for example if he were in a maze, he could increase the likelihood that he will guess the correct path to take.

Unlocked Trinket: A golden coin that is slightly larger than a quarter. On the heads side of the coin is a balanced scale and on the tails face of the coin is a rabbit.

Strengths:

-He likes to be aware of his surroundings

-He can be pretty resourceful

Weaknesses:

-He can be dangerously reckless, at times forgetting he isn’t invincible, just extremely lucky.

-Isn’t the best at following directions, more so when they don’t have enough excitement or interest attached

Other: Whatever you do under no circumstances should you play poker or any card/board/luck-based game with or around him — unless you want the game to involve nothing but mad luck or misfortune going all around.

I'm probably going to be unable to make a post until tomorrow evening at best. Pretend my character is there/make her forgotten about/whatever. Don't worry about waiting for me.

NVM, I'll try to post on Wednesday.

Edited by KoalaNoob

I went ahead and plopped Koala and Mage's characters into the basement to get things moving. They still have the ability to make their intro posts with their characters arriving in whatever manner they do.