ValidEmotions

Power Keys || OOC

OOC thread for Power Keys, the thread where virtually anything might happen. Got questions? I've got answers. Got concerns? I'll see what I can do about them. Want to chat about the thread? I'm all ears!

Feel free to post your character sheets here or in the IC thread. Don't care which. Just don't PM them to me please.

Edited by Narvix

Posting my character here as well. I edited her sheet into the IC but I wanted to make sure she didn't get missed.

Username: Narvix

Name: Tamara "Tony" Larp

Appearance: Tony likes to wear pleated or layered skirts with a blouse or collared shirt underneath a lightweight sweater. She keeps her long brown hair free, allowing the curls and waves to drape over her shoulders and down to the small of her back. Her eyes are hazel in color naturally but she likes to wear grey, non-prescription contacts. Standing at about 5'4", she has darkened, olive skin and a slender build and angled facial features. Her hands are soft with delicate fingers. On her feet she usually wears flats that match the range of colors in her outfits.

Personality: Tony is always smiling, always giving off the impression that she's a happy-go-lucky type of girl. And, for the most part, she is. She enjoys having fun and being around friends or family. She likes to move around, to go out and do something like bowling or just a trip around the city. She's usually always at ease. Though, when she's tired or in need of food, she'll often get grumpy and short tempered. So long as she isn't grumpy, she's a friendly person who will almost always approach first and strike up the conversation.

She has arachnophobia and will not take kindly to someone who wants to pull a prank based on this fear. She doesn't tolerate being picked on and isn't afraid to give her blunt opinion about someone who thinks they can get away with bullying her. She's developed into a loud and bold personality, giving her the appearance that she just might go looking for trouble to have fun.

Tony avoids stress as best as she can with her laid-back behavior. However, this has turned into her simply stuffing down what's troubling her into a mental bottle until it breaks, resulting in a torrent of thoughts and emotions that haven't been dealt with.

History: She grew up with her uncle as her parents were always moving to other places for their work and she was happy with her current home. Her uncle, not really knowledgable in proper childrearing, let her have a good amount of freedom so long as she didn't get into any trouble or do anything her parents might frown upon. Fortunately, she wasn't the type of child to give her family any significant headaches. Though not striving for the best grades, she didn't fall below any C's during her school years and graduated high school without major incident. The typical drama happened here or there (friends parting ways, crushing on the same boy, sharing secrets, etc) as is really expected. Now she's decided to take a year-long break from classes before jumping into college. She wants to take the time to just have fun without any major responsibilities beyond chores and a part-time job.

Unlocked Power: The invoked spirit of Anubis. She has a connection with the afterlife that allows her to communicate with dead people and speed up the process of decomposition or mummification. Additionally, and the most taxing, she is able to guide a dying person's soul into the afterlife.

Unlocked Trinket: A golden Ankh pendent that she put on a necklace chain.

Strengths:

- Able to hold her ground in a verbal argument.

- Able to manage her time well.

- Able to ride a skateboard pretty good and pull a few tricks.

Weaknesses:

- Greatly afraid of spiders and anything that looks like them.

- Doesn't know when to stop making jokes most of the time.

- Afraid of water to some degree.

Other: After unlocking her power, she has taken to wearing a black coat with gold thread hemming. It has a hood she likes to keep up with pointed ears like a Jackal.

Debating!... you got me hooked with her power. Can i do something with a Poseidon power?

Breathing under water, forming a bubble around people and manipulating currents while in water to move him can go down far, but most taxing is actually making the water do something (a smooth lake into a large wave, that's hard ) fish don't bother him.. they mostly ignore him (sharks and such)

I don't know what the trinket would be, a trident necklace or a wave patterned ring with a trident inside the band.

Can I do that?

Yup! Just be careful about the power-playing when deciding to trap someone's character in a bubble. ;3

If desired, you can physically change him later (when he unlocks his power) to have permanent slight webbing, gills, etc.

Nah, he'd only bubble trap them if they're drowning and need help.

Was thinking of another with a ability to talk to animals, but I'll let someone else take that one!

Would this be ok for a trinket? I'll describe it the best I can.

I'll fill form out on computer on word then add images later.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Heh, let me think of a power and I'll hop on board. I was thinking something involving wind and wings, since it's rare that physical transformations affect more than hair and eyes. wink.gif

It's just something we both came up with i think. I don't think mage would have her power be that of mythology... at least, it doesn't sound like it would.

Nope. Completely random power. You can do basic element manipulation, you can get a bit creative, or you can go with something based on a mythology. All up to you.

1: What are trinkets like exactly? Are they small magical objects/do they serve a purpose or are they just ornamental? Or do I decide on that?

2: How does the power of accessing everything (or a lot I guess) on the internet sound?

3: There's no limit on characters, is there?

This RP looks veeery interesting. Not enough time to type out a sheet right now so I'll be doing it soon/keeping tabs this.

I think I might join this... I have a power in mind at least, something that I used before but he was a fun character and I think he'll fit in here.

Anak, thanks for your interest and the questions. ^^

1. The trinkets will be magical objects of whatever shape you decide. Their purpose is to channel the unlocked power.

2. That power sounds just fine. ^^ It sounds like a possible subset to Technomancy but I'll leave it up to you whether or not you do that. smile.gif

3. No character limit beyond what you can control.

Psyshock awesome! I'd love to have you join in. :3

I want to clarify a little note in case anyone gets confused.

Regarding physical traits such as canine/feline ears, tails, wings, eyes, etc.: These are not allowed for shapeshifting powers. I don't want hybrids. You're either in human form or animal form.

However, having said traits is fine if you can make them work for a different power. For example, sense enhancement can be the power and cat ears can be the result for sharper hearing. An eagle's eyes can be the result of sharper eyesight. Though, you will not be allowed to mix and match animal traits.

Almost finished! i'll get mine up soon.

question; Is this town by any water sorce? (sea, lake, river.....)

There can be a source of water nearby, yes. smile.gif It's just going to be a generic location inland with whatever.

I'll jump in. Going to be a few hours before I can finish my sheet though.

I know how picky you can be wink.gif

Edited by padfoot

|D I'm not that picky, am I? Ahaha

For this thread, I'm going to be more open and see what people come up with. So long as the main plot doesn't get pushed aside, I generally don't plan on having any issues. I'd just like to know what subplots everyone comes up with. :3

Username: Aroara Angelwolf

Name: Alexander (Alex) “Fish” Sarkk

Appearance: Picture Alex is 6’2” medium long, always tussled white blond hair. He is fair, but with a nice golden tan. Fit but not muscle bound, more like a active scrawny teen male. His eyes are naturally a brilliant blue, but he likes to wear non-prescription yellow contacts. He always has on a pair of swim trunks with pockets, flip-flops or sandals, and some tee shirt (mostly floral print but he dose have normal colors, all bright and summery)

Personality: He likes anything that has to do with water; scuba diving/Snorkeling, water/jet skiing, surfing, swimming (mostly those two) ect. He can also snowboard and skate board.

He’s hyper and always gets- (oh something shinny!)- off task often. He’s all smiles and a natural team leader. Always on the go, optimistic kind of guy. Alex loves the rain and thunderstorms and would often run out in the rain to splash in puddles.

If by now he seems like a child at heart, he is. He suffers from ophidiophobia, an irrational fear of snakes. He isn’t known to have a temper, but throw a rubber snake at him, he’d do one of two things 1) Whack you in the face with his fist or whatever he can grab first or 2) run away as fast as he can.

History: Alex grew up with a single mother and his grandfather, his father was a invisible man. His mother always liked to tell him he learned how to swim before walking and his first word was “wave”. He always rocked at school, his grades never dipping below a C+, mostly to show an example to the other kids, and being the youngest captain of the swim team he had to keep them up. He wasn’t the most popular guy at the school, but he was “That guy” everyone liked. Alex lettered in Swimming, coming in to cheer his team on during practice, even when he had a broken arm. He still works at his first job, a surf shop. He gives snorkeling/ scuba lessons, and teaches swimming classes to younger kids and adults too. He snowboards and skate boards in the off season, and is pretty good at both, but is better on a surf board. He currently isn’t going to school, focusing on work and play at the time.

Unlocked Power: Invokes the power of Poseidon. Breathing under water, forming a bubble around people and manipulating currents while in water to move him can go down far, but most taxing is actually making the water do something (a smooth lake into a large wave, that's hard ) fish don't bother him.. they mostly ignore him (sharks and such) He’d only form a bubble around people who are drowning to help them

Unlocked Trinket: Ring A titanium ring with a intricate realistic wave pattern etched on it and painted blue and green to look like water. The wave part spins, and is framed by two thin twisted gold bands. Inside the band a trident is stamped into the medal

Strengths:

-Swimming (duh)

-fishing and camping (can those work?)

-really good at climbing trees (mostly from the snake thing)

Weaknesses:

-fear of snakes

- Gets distracted easily.

-can never figure out how to get out of the trees without falling

Other: He carries round a pair of goggles and a snorkel in his pocket.

Alex looks good. smile.gif

Don't forget to put your username where prompted in the sheet though. Also, how does a snorkel fit into a pocket? xd.png Or did you just mean it in a general sense that he just keeps it close at all times?

Alright, he's all set then and added to the IC. smile.gif

I'll get the thread started once there's two or three more people signed up and accepted. ^^

I do plan to have the RP start with everyone gathered at the unknown location, just before they unlock their powers and trinkets.

Edited by Narvix

Hey, I plan on joining and have started a character sheet, but around what age should our characters be? With the personality I have planned for my character, it'd be awkward if she's over seventeen, so I'd need to work around that if there's an age limit.

No age limiters beyond common sense. I figured everyone was going to be doing teen-years. x3

Well, I was planning to make mine 21 or so

Oops, I waited too long and now I am in lazy night stage tongue.gif Ah, well. The sheet can always be done tomorrow