TehUltimateMage

Heavenly Branches [OOC and Discussion]

I asked Mage on Chatzy if I could post the new form onto the thread.

But you've posted him five times. Can't you delete the other instances?

Antonio is finally here. My brain died so let me know if his sheet is still lacking.

Username: Narvix

Name: Antonio Vallejo

Sexual/Romantic Orientation: Demi-Heterosexual/Gray-romantic

Appearance: Antonio has dark brown hair that falls in soft locks just above his ears and a bit long in the back. It remains in spikes that sweep back and out from hairgel. His eyes are a similar brown, set on a round face and beneath a deep brow and thick eyebrows. His nose is slightly wide, perpetually appearing as if his nostrils are flared. As a result of his Hispanic heritage, Antonio’s skin is somewhere between an olive and brown tone, darkened a couple shades from sunlight.

His build is sturdy with a broad chest, strong shoulders, and sturdy limbs. In height, he stands about 5'8". With faintly knobby fingers, Antonio has large hands and possesses a surprisingly light touch. He’s a bit on the heavy end but not enough to be considered noticeably overweight. Natural strength does not evade him though as most of it is muscle weight and he believes the rest to be in his belly (which does give him a small “potbelly”).

For clothing, he prefers to wear tank tops, shorts, and sneakers. He enjoys comfort but overheats too easily, making thin or minimal clothing rather desirable. However, he conforms to public modesty or dress requirements just fine despite the discomfort he might experience from being too hot, resulting in pristine uniforms or body-appropriate outfits. You won’t catch him wearing sloppy or ill-fitted clothes outside of his house. Lastly, his Branch can be found as a brooch pinned to his coat collar.

Personality: A lot of people notice Antonio’s seriousness first and his driven ambitiousness next. For all appearances, he doesn’t seem to understand humor very well but, in truth, he does. He just generally doesn’t find any of it exceedingly funny. A lot of his own humor can be awkward or dark, typically resulting in no laughs for either case. It’s really the reason why he doesn’t try often to make jokes.

He’s dedicated to his educational pursuits and strives to understand everything, to learn every last bit of knowledge he can obtain. He wants to be a teacher for future generations, especially for his baby brother. As such, he is very academically oriented and spends little time doing much else beyond attending classes, completing homework, and researching various subjects. Antonio much prefers reading a textbook or research journal when compared to going out and passing the time with some activity or another. Many might label him a stick-in-the-mud for his lack of humor and educational focus for this. He either brushes off such opinions or doesn’t hear them altogether.

He is a thoughtful person and all you have to do is get his attention. He’ll set down whatever he’s doing in order to listen to what you want to say. If you’re unsure, he’ll encourage you to speak with gentle prodding and smiles. However, you’re likely to get a response, even if you don’t want his opinion. Antonio isn’t blunt but, he doesn’t have much of a filter. While he doesn’t cuss to a ceaseless amount (he doesn’t really even cuss to begin with), he doesn’t always know when it’s best to leave something unsaid. Through this, he can end up hurting someone’s feelings without meaning to. Thankfully, his responses come slowly, giving people time to leave before he might say anything.

That’s not to say he has some sort of mental impediment. He just isn’t good with quick remarks and requires time to think of his words because English is a second language to him. Antonio prefers to take his time while speaking because it irritates him when he stutters or can’t find the right translation of the word he wants to say. Words are often taken literally so any exaggerations or overly dramatic phrases will stump him as he tries to work out the logic beneath. He’s not overly outgoing either so some social interactions will leave him baffled.

History: Born in Sinaloa, Mexico, Antonio and his parents moved to the States when he was 11 years old. Citizenship was not what they had for the first few years as it wasn’t easy to obtain. While his parents worked tirelessly to obtain citizenship, Antonio did everything they asked of him and avoided getting into any trouble as best as possible. When he was fourteen, his parents had saved enough to pay for the paperwork and processing needed to obtain citizenship. As Antonio learned English much more during school than his parents did through working, he taught them what he knew at home, helping them obtain a broken usage of the language.

Shortly afterwards, his brother was born. Obtaining citizenship had seen Antonio growing lazy in his education and work ethic. However, the birth of his brother saw that dedication returned as he found a new purpose for it. Driven with the idea of teaching his brother everything that he learned, Antonio returned to his former habits of working diligently in and out of school.

His parents also continued to work tirelessly in order to keep afloat in their home, leaving Antonio to care for his baby brother a lot of the time. He didn’t complain though and made it a point to strength his relationship, to hopefully become a proper role model and the support that his brother needed. As he discovered Heaven’s Gate Academy, he felt that it would be a wise idea to enroll and find out what he could learn there. Perhaps he’d be able to learn important information to teach his brother in order to get ahead in life later.

Element: Earth

Branch Color: A mingling of yellows and browns, similar to a tiger’s eye gem. [#FDD017 - #EAC117 and #AF7817 - #806517]

Weapon: Dual Beretta 9mm handguns with silencers. The magazine clips and silencers are a standardized black in color but the rest of the handguns vary in color based on Antonio’s partner’s element; red, blue, silver, or brown. The bullets themselves are magically created (requiring no additional magazines) and are either of Earth or a combined element.

Armor: Antonio’s armor highly resembles the gear worn by police officers. Dominantly dark brown in color, his armor takes shape in a basic uniform of a long-sleeved shirt, pants, and heavy-duty boots. Over his shirt is a Kevlar vest that allows protection from a minor range of projectiles and changes color with the element of his partner. Around his waist is a black belt with two holsters for his guns. Additional padding wrappings around his thighs and forearms. Black gloves cover his hands and a plastic visor protects his eyes. The visor is connected to a plain helmet that rests on his head.

Other: Right-handed.

Daniel 2.0 is ready to go (hey, that rhymed). Tell me if anything needs to be fixed or changed.

Username: Coryn02

Name: Daniel Clarkson

Sexual/Romantic Orientation: Heteromantic heterosexual

Appearance: Daniel is fairly tall and thinly built, standing at about 165 cm. He is somewhat fit, but he does not appear as such. His most striking physical features are his deep green eyes and his dyed black hair. His hair is usually kept short due to parental restrictions and personal preference. Since he is far-sighted, he wears glasses to see things at close range. He usually puts his glasses away because they don't have much use outside reading. His casual wear is a long-sleeved shirt and jeans. Daniel is usually consistent in every respect with the dress code, and spares no expense to make sure he is wearing his school uniform exactly as he should. He wears his gem on a metal chain around his neck. Daniel's branch is tied around a cord, somewhat like a locket. He rarely, if ever, removes it.

Personality: Daniel is cordial and friendly to everyone he meets. He never tries to pick fights or break rules. He prefers finding a diplomatic solution to conflicts, but if he must fight he won't back out. He'll stand for something he believes is true until someone proves him wrong.

Daniel is also an uptight person who takes life very seriously, and cannot stand people who don't. He values rules and order in general, and works hard in everything he does. Daniel's good nature prevents him from lying for long, even if it's for a good reason.

He is a devout Catholic, but usually won't argue about religion with others if it can be helped. If the person who is doing anything to insult his beliefs continues to do so more than a few times, Daniel won't tolerate it for long and get mad at them. He isn't afraid to speak his mind, especially where religion is concerned.

While he has respect for rules, he won't allow them to limit actions he considers very minor or individual interpretation on how to solve problems. He has always been a very curious person, wanting to find out about everything he could. His parents never really tried to limit what he looked into, but would instead offer a bit of their perspective to try and gently nudge him in what they considered to be the right direction.

On the other hand, Daniel is somewhat strange. For someone so friendly he is used to working alone and will generally try to handle a problem by himself. He also tends to spout religious phrases when very distressed, as having something to concentrate on will take his mind off the issue at hand. Daniel also tends to overestimate his own abilities, sometimes leading him to tackle problems he can't handle. He hasn't had anything even remotely problematic happen in his life, so Daniel is not used to big problems. As such, if something goes very wrong he will probably not take it too well.

Element: Earth

Branch Color: Daniel's gem is a yellowish-brown ochre jewel, which seems to have some imperfections in it. These give it a cloudy, opaque appearance. 

History: Daniel was raised alone in a British household by his devout Catholic parents. They taught him the goodness of the Lord and took him to church every Sunday. Tempered by these influences, Daniel grew up to be a bright and obedient student with a strong sense of morality. While they always required that he do his chores and homework as soon as he got home, Daniel's parents did not ask much more of him. He was overall very well-behaved and seldom got into trouble.

Daniel did very well in school, getting good grades in all of his courses. In particular, English was his best subject. However, the other students tended to isolate themselves from him because of his background. Daniel had a few friends, but he was not in any way what you would consider well-liked by everyone. To them, he was that one weird religious kid.

Mostly during the summer months, Daniel's family would often go hiking as a family activity. While never straying from the trail, they found it to be a good form of release from society's stressful environment. Daniel in particular responded so well to this that he now goes out every Saturday on foot to run errands for his parents, which has kept him reasonably fit. Their only conditions were that he had no other work to do at home and that he always let them know where he was going and when he'd be back.

When word came of the demons and then the Academy, Daniel was determined to take the test and affront what he saw as the apocalypse. When the test was sent to him, Daniel's mother had no intention of letting her son get himself killed and pleaded for him to reconsider. Daniel's father, on the other hand, decided that it was time he made his own decisions.

Weapon: Judgement - A staff made of dark ebony, wrapped around the grip with leather. Small crosses are carved into the two ends of the staff, which are capped in steel. The grip's ends are covered in sculpted birch wood, with the Latin inscription "God wills" carved in.

Armor: Daniel's synchronization armour is unexpected to say the least; it is a light gray robe with black long-sleeved shirt and pants underneath, with a white cross on the back of the robe. Daniel is also wearing gray gloves with white X symbols on the palms when synched. The hood is big enough that it partly obscures his face while it is up. 

Other: The following is the Biblical quote that equates most to what Daniel will experience in the roleplay: "Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt." The double meaning refers to the future protectors and assailants of Earth, the stems and the demons. Daniel named his staff Judgement because he thinks of it as using God's justice to fight demons.

Another round of acceptances, including Jess, Trent, Elliot, Daniel, Teresa, Jonah, and Antonio. I think Alistair's sheet single handedly pushed the post over character limit (though the other Air sheets were also similarly dense) when I tried to split the character post in two, so bravo.

I'll request that the people breaking up the character sheets (Esko and Drow) delete their posts. Thank you very much! I might also need the post under that, though probably not.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Yo Mage, in the last two little arts in the Fanart Section, the two links lead to the same drawing ^^

This looks cool

I might try this out?

I'm not sure whether life will slap me across the face first but you, eh.

Character list is up to date, except for Flint and Aria (I seem to have misplaced their signup files...). I don't recall it changing since the last time I added stuff. Fanart link has been fixed.

@Suld: You're welcome to try out! Though, my only request is that you don't do your usual posts where you have a whole post of dialogue. ^^

Also thanks to Narvix for moving the IC! We'll start tomorrow night, but signups will remain open. I'm trying a new method of GMing that's time-based rather than reply based, so there will occasionally be "forced" updates -- meaning the RP will move along with or without you. I will offer free recaps.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Ok, shall- um, slow down a bit on the speaking

Now life has been a bit sassy towards me but I should be able to get two sheets up sometime (Provided it doesn't sass me even more)?