As Enny flew over the sheep-thing, it held its breath - but he seemed to be busy licking his wounds, and if he noticed it, he made no move to pursue it. With a sigh of relief, it flew on. Its original plan had been to lay low in the ruined centaur camp for a while, but since the sheep hadn’t fled with the girl like it thought he would, it would have to get further away. Too bad - it quite liked battlefields, provided everyone else had already died or left. Ah, well. It swooped down and landed at the edge of Foxtail Forest, dismissing its wings to continue on foot.

As it walked, it unclasped the tiny leather bag hanging around its neck and reached inside, somehow fitting a whole arm into it despite its apparent size. A few seconds of rummaging later, it fished out a scrap of plain brown cloth with a satisfied grunt. It made to wipe at its forehead, but just then, a gigantic gold dragon burst out of a cave just in front of its path and flew off into the distance. Letting out an alarmed yell, it dropped the cloth and dove behind the nearest tree. It summoned its wings to flee - then paused. No good; if it flew out from here, that gold dragon would see it for sure. And more importantly - what was a dragon doing this close to the centaur camp? It glanced at the cave again. Enny wasn’t one for risking its neck for much of anything, but this could potentially be very interesting.

Two quick teleports later, it was pressed up against the outside wall of the cave, listening carefully in case there was someone else in there.

((Spectrum Edit: Will that do, Esko and SouLess? I didn't know originally that the three dragons hatched together.)

Spectrum

" Thank you Hallranth!" Spectrum called after the golden dragon. She didn't catch much of what Hallranth was saying to Archas, except that he was leaving for a short while. Well, she couldn't blame a dragon for wanting to stretch his wings.

Absentmindedly munching on carrots with one paw and brushing her tail on the canvas with the other, Spectrum kept an ear open in case Archas wanted to talk. Once she had used up the ink currently stored in her tail, she paused briefly to turn and shuffle through the bones the dragons had left for her.

" Not a bad leg bone... that antler could be a nice stamper... hm, chipped tooth, no good..." She tossed any reject bones over her shoulder. " Now that's a good tooth! Hey, that hoof could make a nice border..."

Once she was done digging through the bones, she brought the desired ones over to the in-cave stream and washed them thoroughly, thinking, reminiscing. Images floated up from her memories.

The palace where she, Archas, and Hallranth grew up. The contentions between their foster parents' kingdom and the kingdom nearby. The fighting that took place. Them being trained how to fight involuntarily, only to escape to a castle out in the backwash countryside, near one of the most dangerous marshes known... the place where she learned to paint.

Spectrum usually kept their history a secret, treasuring everything past that point of no return, that horrid memory that put her in misery for so long... that memory of what happened in the marshes. It was better to just shove it down and bottle it up-she had a new life now. Something better. Something where she could paint to her heart's content, something where her two hatch-mates could help take care of her and keep her safe. Something where, at least until recently, creatures would travel miles just to get a painting from her.

Spectrum didn't realize that she had started painting again, as she dwelt on their past. It wouldn't be the first time she absentmindedly painted, hardly looking at whatever she was doing-some of her best works sold for tons of meat because of this. Though this painting would be one of the few times where it may have been better, had she paused to actually view her work.

((Feel free to lead on, Esko. Don't mind Enny by the entrance. xd.png

Should I assume a quick time-skip to where Malfegor and the others arrive at Skygiant's Bridge? Or does someone have an idea on what to do along the way?))

Ezix

He was outright infuriated, and it wasn't just because of the infinite pain in his hip, where a flesh and blood leg had been; it was because he had only days to en-capture an angel soul, before the rest of his flesh fell off of his bones. This particular demonic convert was not a happy camper.

Oh, and don't forget that he was stuck in a flipping tropical forest!

Yes, splendid idea my Queen, let's put the guy who doesn't want to turn into a skeleton, in a place where decay is accelerated by humidity! Splendid idea. He growled sarcastically to himself. Ezix bumped a tribe member, and he roughly shoved them out of the way.

" Ek nuntuk!" The villager shouted at him.

" Yes yes, ek nuntuk!" Ezix spat nastily. " Ka-ka ching! Kero!" Ezix stomped off, the villager glaring at him for the insult.

Why station me here? With these fools? Hundreds and hundreds of miles away from my vengeance? Ezix bumped a Gorgon, not at all apologetic. She didn't really have time to react anyway, falling off the narrow walkway into the piranha-infested waters that were literally everywhere. Ezix's host body wasn't built for all of this water and blistering heat! It was built for desolate highlands, with nothing but stiff grasses and mountain goats for food, and nothing but snow and biting cold for miles. This had to be the complete opposite, this filthy jungle!

" You!" Ezix singled out a boy from the bustling, everyday crowds. " Tell me you know where the Forbidden Cove is!" When the boy just gave him a startled and bewildered look, he growled to himself and repeated the question in the native tongue. Almost instantly, the boy shook his head, eyes widened, and dodged into the crowd. Ezix was extremely frustrated with these so-called allies, glaring in the direction the boy went and cursing under his breath. If the angel was in the Water Temple, he needed to be able to get underwater. In order to get underwater, he needed to get to the Forbidden Cove. He needed to get to the Forbidden Cove because this slum of a tribe had nothing capable of purchasing anything he could use to get underwater, but the Forbidden Cove was said to hold unimaginable treasures. Which meant that there had to be something in the Cove that could help him get to the Water Temple.

" It seems your destination is feared by this people." A silky voice came. Ezix spun around, glaring at the speaker. It appeared to be a Ka-Thot, as the natives called them. The snake-like, amphibious beings have a build similar to a Gorgon, but with a dragon-like head and are completely scaled, and the ability to rotate their scales in order to cause them to become invisible.

" Of course not, the cowards!" Ezix gritted his teeth, as the Ka-Thot looked him over. " And somehow the Queen thinks I can get this mission done!"

" You seemed to have met the Queen recently." It commented, noticing Ezix's leg replacement. " And she stationed you, an alpine creature, here... eh heh... eheheheheh..." The Ka-Thot dodged a swing from Ezix's fist, though he was unable to thwart the next grab.

" Don't mock me, you worm. I will get that angel soul, even if this forest tries to kill me while doing it!"

" An angel soul?" The Ka-Thot wondered. " Why, there are no angels out here! There haven't been-"

" Argh, yes yes, I know! I just need to get to that damned cove!" Ezix threw the creature to the ground with no restraint. It let to an "Oof!" when the air was blown out of its lungs.

" Oh... the cove?" It wondered once it caught its breath back. " Eh heh... well... I can take you there, no problem, minotaur." It coughed when Ezix snatched it off of the ground again.

" You can take me there?" He asked, squeezing his claws in until he had cut the skin. It nodded rapidly, feeling the pressure. " Then you waste my time! Get moving!" Throwing the poor serpentine being back onto the ground, he waited impatiently for it to get back up and start slithering away. Ezix licked the blood off his claws before following.

Hah! Now it could never escape! It was like Ezix's senses were amplified a thousand times when he focused on the Ka-Thot-the beauty of the Blood Scent. Now it wouldn't matter how far the creature tried to go, he would always be able to follow it.

Hmph, like it could escape him anyway! Such wishful thinking. He thought gleefully. And with a guide taking me to the Forbidden Cove, that soul could be just a day away! Let's see the Queen's face once I bring it back in record time!

Edited by skwerl56767

((Ah danceit. I remembered a great variation of Chinese malicious spirit and I can't remember now.))

???-???-???

Had I not been entrusted with the task of scribe, I would have long forgotten how much time had passed in this last war.

The first of the mortal races have been taken by her. The minotaurs: hardy, stubborn, willful, and proud. Michael is confident despite this, pointing to how many attempts she had already done before this one race was enslaved. Personally, I am more inclined to what Guan Yu's opinion on the matter is.

Many of ours are dead, much more than in the last battle. I cannot say fully on what the damage to the mortal realm is, but this time the effects are catastrophic. I can see from the stars that the mortal realm is ravaged, with only time as the only hope for revitalization.

Still, this is not to be the last of the warring.None are naive enough to believe that.

((By the way, I imagine that Shidansu is the one that Mal had fell in love with. Though it's your call, Souless.))

Shidansu was the perfect union of the seas and the skies. Her powerful tail propelled her through the blue waves with unmatched speed, then breached her clear into the air, where her wings unfolded and sent her swiftly into the azure sky. Seabirds flapped frantically away from her, nevermind that had she wanted to do so, they would have already been quickly eaten. As her majestic wings caught the wind, droplets of water dripped into the air, creating a sparkling trail wherever she flew.

Still as vain as ever. Do you ever get tired of thinking about yourself?Shidansu ignored her host, but was yet again struck at how absolutely brazen Erin was. Had she wanted, Shidansu only had to ask the Queen for the dragoness to be mentally trapped in a globe, with only herself as company.

Or Erin has read her too well, known that Shidansu was too intrigued by how well she had resisted the demon's will to remove her from her mind. And that since, Shidansu had changed, was no longer like the rest of the demons... She had met...

You're thinking about him again, aren't you?

She had never told him she loved him. He left suddenly, leaving only a note with a promise to return, and so faithfully, she waited each day at their cliff in the Cavernlands.

Where Aetherious is, Malfegor is soon to follow. I know him as well as you do, if not better, and so perhaps he'll finally make due on that promise: that amber-eyed, wizened, and old general is at the Star Temple, after all.

After flying, for about an hour, the group finally reached the Star Temple. Looking down, Malfegor saw the army of demons, and not only the army he also saw Aetherious.

"So, the time has come," said Malfegor ready for the fight to come.

Mal kept heading in the direction of the bridge. He needed to land, and drop off the reapers at the Temple.

"So you finally have arrived Malfegor," said Aetherious in his mind.

He has been eagerly waiting, for Malfegor to show himself. And now, here he is at last.

Aetherious roared loud as he could to let Malfegor know, he is ready.

Mal landed on the side of the bridge closest to the entrance of the temple. Hearing the roar from Aetherious, he knew the time was nearing. The time will come when the both of them will fight, and see who is stronger. He waited till everyone was off, and once they were he said this.

"Reapers... it has been an honor, to meet you all of you," said as he turned to face the demon army.

Malfegor wished that he would have had more time with them. These were the first group of people that, he would consider friends. Mal turned his head, so the reapers could see his eye. His eyes were still on flames, but his look was serious.

"Now Reapers, find your friend in the temple. If you do not find him here, then head for the house of cards, and do not delay. I will meet you there, and... do not come out of the temple till you find your friend, for a battle will be raging. I say this because... you are the first people I would call friends. And I do not want you guys getting hurt." said Malfegor, as he spread his wings, then taking off.

Malfegor took off heading to the front of the demon army. He wanted to turn back, but he couldn't. When he reached the front of the army he let out a roar. That echoed through the Cavernlands below, this roar answered the roar Aetherious's call. Malfegor still wished he could see Shidansu one last time. He realized he knew her name, and the promise he had made.

"I have to win the fight, so I can see her again," said Malfegor in his mind.

Aetherious flew from the back of the horde to the front, where Mal was, and saw that he was different than the last time. Landing in the ground, Aetherious stood four feet higher than Malfegor.

"So you finally came you outcasted filth, and I see your so called "girlfriend" is not here either. It is shame really, since she will not see you die," said Aetherious laughing.

Malfegor stood in silence. He did not answer Aetherious because he wanted to see her. Whether he was going to die or not, that is what he wants. Raising his head Malfegor looked into the eyes of Aetherious and said.

"I will not be the one dying today, for it will be you," said Malfegor as his flames got more intense.

The heat for his wings was scorching the very ground under him. Mal was ready for Aetherious.

"Forgive me Shidansu," said Malfegor in his mind.

Aetherious stopped laughing, once he heard Mal's words. He knew Mal was now more serious than ever. Then feeling the heat radiating from Mal. Smiling Aetherious roared in excitement.

"Finally you have gotten stronger. Perfect, shall we begin." said Aetherious signaling his forces to fall back.

They both charged each other bashing heads. Aetherious began to push Malfegor back, but Malfegor stood his ground. Mal threw his head to the left and then bit into Aetherious's neck. Holding tight, with his bite, Mal threw Aetherious with all his strength.

"Impossible!" exclaimed Aetherious in his mind.

He knew Mal was stronger, but he is something new. Aetherious was smiling. The thrill that Mlafegor has come this far in his solitude, made Aetherious feel alive. When Aetherious was thrown he landed on his feet.

"So I was right to challenge you again. For you have gotten stronger," said Aetherious charging his flames.

"Remember, it then. For when this battle is over, remember that you challenged me and lost!" exclaimed Malfegor charging his flames.

They let the flames spew from their mouths, and once the flames collided with one another, they exploded. Dust swirled around the entire area. Both Aetherious and Mal flapped their wings to blow away the dust. Running they both clashed, but this time with both of their front talons interlocking. Aetherious did the same thing that Mal did to him, but he threw Mal in the air. Once Mal was high enough in the air Aetherious flew up above him, and then dove toward him. He collided with Mal sending even faster to the ground. Aetherious was still flying in the air watching him descend.

"Hmph... still weak as always!" yelled Aetherious seeing nothing but where Mal had landed.

Shooting up in the sky, Mal came out of the dust like a bullet. He landed on his feet, when he was thrown. Mal grabbed Aetherious by the lower jaw when he shot up.

"Now Aetherious... let’s go for a ride," said Mal descending back down with tremendous speed.

Still grasping Aetherious's jaw, Mal threw him to the ground. Unable to do anything, all Aetherious could do was watch.

"How... how has he gotten this strong?" asked Aetherious in his mind.

Landing on his back Aetherious got up. Mal, landed twenty feet away from Aetherious, so he could be prepared for anything.

Then all of a sudden, Mal started to feel a pain. He then realized his front leg was hurting.

"Great... more than likely from the landing, from the throw Aetherious did," said Mal ignoring the pain.

Aetherious was still trying to get up, for the sheer force, of the throw, left a print of him in the ground. Once he was finally out of the hole, he looked at Mal. Both charged their flames and unleashed them at one another; however, Mal walked forward when he let out his flames. Then stop letting the flames of Aetherious pass him. Aetherious stopped then aimed back at Mal. Jumping into the air, Mal unleashed his flames and they connected on Aetherious. Roaring in pain was all Aetherious could do.

"His flames what is this? It is as if I can feel him emotions," said Aetherious in wonder.

Mal stopped spewing flames to see if Aetherious was still standing.

"Why? Why do you do all these things? Why do you defy the Queen and why you not die?" asked Aetherious flames pored out of his mouth. Mal saw the flames, but he did not react. He let the flames engulf him. Being in the flames Mal was getting burned, but he could feel the emotions of Atherious. Now, Mal understood where Aetherious was coming from, and they were now on equal footing. When the flames stopped Mal used his hand, that was already injured, to block the flames.

"I understand you now Aetherious, but you will never understand my view," said Mal holding his injured hand to his chest.

Mal knew he would not understand, but he needed to explain.

"You believe power is everything and that those who care for others are weak. Then if that is true, then why have you not beatin me. I fight for those I call friends and for those I love. Thatis why you will never understand. FOR I HAVE PEOPLE THAT I CALL FRIENDS AND ONE THAT I LOVE!" roared Mal so all could hear it.

Aetherious started to grow angry at what Mal had said. How? How could this outcast and betrayer know what I feel? These questions echoed in the mind of Aetherious. Giving into his rage and anger he charged Mal and bit into his neck once again. Unable to react all Mal could do was brace himself, and letting out a painful roar when bitten. With such tremendous force and seer strength he threw Mal over the edge.

"DIE NOW MALFEGOR!" roared Aetherious in anger.

Descending Mal could not do anything. The throw from Aetherious threw him off balance, and also tumbling in the air. What was he to do?

"I cannot go out like this... I can't!" exclaimed Malfegor.

He had to think quick or he was going to hit the ground. Then an idea hit him, and so he put it to action hoping it would work. Mal blasted fire towards the ground as he was about to hit it. Doing that stabilized himself, and was able to soften the fall. Looking up he saw how far he had fallen, and knew he this next blow needed to end the fight. He stood up

"Time to end this fight," said Mal closing his eyes.

He calmed his mind and focus in the flames that are inside him. Gathering the rest of his power, for one final blow.

"Flames that burn inside me. Give me strength to end this fight!" exclaimed Mal in his mind.

Shooting up in the sky Mal headed back to the front of the temple. Coming over the edge Mal saw Aetherious and charged his flames with all the energy he had left. Hearing something Atherious turned to see Malfegor, but it was too late Aetherious was awe struck. He could not believe he survived the fall, and had that much energy left.

"Impossible..." said Aetherious struck with awe.

Unleashing the flames from his mouth, Mal let his flames roar. The flames engulf Aetherious and started to push to the edge of the other side. The roaring and crying of pain was all that could hear from the general. Mal closed his mouth and watched as the general headed to the edge. Aetherious had no clue that he was headed over the edge, for the pain was to great. Rolling around and trying to put out the flames, but then he fell off the edge falling into the sea. Mal flew to the ground near the entrance of the star temple and collapsed. His wounds were great and could not move, for he was out of energy.

"At least I got him... I hope the reapers are doing good, and Shidansu I won." said Mal aloud to himself.

His breathing was getting heavier. His eyes, claws and wings turned back to normal. The fight was finally over.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

Natashi

When she heard Malfegor mention a huge fight, the last thing she wanted was to be caught in it.

" Let's go!" She cried, leaping off his back, with Shurgle and Netekos right behind her.((And presumably Eskirurius?)) The group dodged into the trees, out of sight of the combatants, and the horrendous sounds of battle. Natashi tried to ignore many horrific howls that rang out behind them, and the bright flashes of fire. After dodging plenty of large bushes and fleeing past huge deciduous trees, they finally slowed when a clearing came into sight...

A very large, very ornate clearing. In the center of the floating island-as though it wasn't impressive enough-was the glittering, marble-and-granite Star Temple, made to look like the very heavens came down and decorated everything in stars. Like the other two big temples, it was absolutely huge, albeit the smallest of the three. But what was the most astonishing is that the usually quiet, solitary temple was absolutely swarming with beasts. Creatures that flew here, others who traveled on steamcraft or walked up the steep bridges themselves, even aquatic creatures sustained in infinite water bubbles by the occasional magi, and it was also unbelievably loud. Natashi retreated back into the trees a bit when a unicorn and its caretaker got a little too close for comfort.

” I do not believe that Balelash would come here.” Netekos commented at the sight of the refugees.

” I certainly don't see a good hiding place.” Shurgle said, getting unnerved by all of the mortals.

” We should at least check, right?” Natashi asked.”” I mean, what if he made it here, but was caught?”

” Do mortals bother engaging Reapers? Most just run screaming.” Netekos said.

” Maybe for you, but I'm tiny!” She pointed out. ” They'd be less afraid of me.”

” We're not talking about you, we're talking about Balelash here.” Shurgle rolled his eyes, though they couldn't see it. ” He's taller and more aggressive than the four of us put together-well maybe not Eskirurius, but still! I doubt he would have been caught, and even if he was, he would struggle like...” He faltered as he looked back to the crowds of beings before them. Natashi flinched-Shurgle rarely interrupts himself.

” What is it?” She asked, more in a whisper and looking where he was.

Shuffling through the crowds was a magi, but what made it odd was that he was no ordinary magi-he was a warlock, skilled in the art of black magic. Why he was wandering about through a crowd of good and neutral creatures was beyond Natashi. He stood out like a sore thumb, with a grand, sweeping red coat and an impressive helmet with branching metal antlers. The mask was down, making his face smooth and featureless aside from two prominent eye holes.

” Surely a warlock wouldn't be seeking refuge here?” Natashi asked, oblivious to the greater concern.

” No, but he certainly has the power to restrain a Reaper.”

” How can you tell?!”

” Dim red glow, a distinct tangy smell, even from here... he reeks of blood magic. Somehow he seemed to find a way to practice it without rendering himself undead.”

” Unless he's rotting underneath that mask right now.”

Blood magic. The dark practice of the ages, used primarily by demons. Natashi thought with a shudder. It was one of the few things a mortal could get their hands on, and be able to aptly fight a Trio being. And like all other great powers, it comes with deadly risks.

” We should leave.” Natashi said, habitually getting behind Shurgle and fussing with the hem of his cloak. Netekos kept scanning the area, but she felt waves of unease from both of the Reapers.

” So... Balelash could still be held hostage in there. What do you think?” Shurgle asked. The assurance that there could be trapped Reapers in there was not a good one, in the least. The four of them might be able to engage the warlock, but there was no telling if there were others about. Mortals were extremely unpredictable... they were met with yet another gamble.

Risk going in? Or leave, but risk leaving someone behind?

Edited by skwerl56767

Patience watched the group from a distance above, sitting, wings extended with metal plates covering them. She couldn't help but overhear their conversation --Well, she could, but she was interested in what Reapers other than her were doing here-- when she heard a name. Balelash. She wondered why it sounded so strangely familiar.

Another Reaper had passed by there recently, but hadn't stopped for long.

She left her hiding place, throwing herself into the air, metal-plated wings catching her as she glided towards the group. She too noticed the warlock, and tried to be stealthy in her approach. Even if she could outrun him, which she could, she would probably die trying.

"Well hello there, I heard you are looking for a Balelash?" She inquired, landing near the group and retracting her wings as her left fox ear folded, moving the fabric near her head. "I assume that's another Reaper? A Reaper passed by here not long ago, but headed East not long after stopping."

Reevia frowned, she had come to the Star temple in hopes of finding someone with the ability to destroy her inhibitors, but all she could see was a massive crowd of people. It was impossible to pick out one warlock or mage from a crowd of regular mortals.

She lashed her tail in frustration, now what was she supposed to do? She could hardly just walk in there to try and find her quarry from within,. Her horns and wings, despite being covered by a black Reaper like cloak could be easily seen by an attentive person.

Suddenly Reevia's thoughts were interrupted, she picked out a group of Reaper's just outside the temple. Realizing her position Reevia crept back into the shadows, content to see how this would play out.

((Prods Esko for response.))

Ezix

He slapped at yet another mosquito, growling to himself. The Ka-Thot didn't seemed concerned about the situation at all, but Ezix was already sick to the teeth about it. He was sick of being infested with bugs! He was sick of the constant, musky smell of rot! He was sick of the humidity, the heat! And sick of everything else! But most of all, he was sick of the fact that they were clearly lost.

“ Don't go over there.” The Ka-Thot waved a hand in a seemingly random direction. Ezix snorted.

” Why? Is it full of lies, like you?”

“ Cockatrice.” He said simply, ignoring the insult. Ezix stomped up to his guide and grabbed him by the scruff, shaking him angrily.

” We're lost, aren't we?! You said you knew where to go!!”

“ I-I do!” The Ka-Thot squeaked.

” Well, I'm pretty sure that the Forbidden Cove isn't situated in the middle of a freaking jungle!! Ezix roared, throwing his guide to the ground. ” I haven't seen a large body of water for miles!”

“ Just trust me!” The guide snapped, getting impatient as well. “ I know where I'm going!”

” Sure you do.” Ezix snarled sarcastically. ” And I know how to sprout wings and fly!”

The Ka-Thot simply huffed at the frustrated minotaur, trying to resume as normal.

“ Keep an eye out for a rock sculpture; once we pass it, your 'Forbidden Cove' will be known as the Dark Harbor. Only the natives in those parts know how to go there without getting cursed.”

Ezix swore. ” Yeah, like I'm not a demon or anything.”

“ Just don't tell them that!” The Ka-Thot slithered away. Ezix grumpily followed, brooding in his mind, wondering if there was a way to get the serpentine filth converted. But not with a strong demon... no, someone weaker, so the creature's conscience remained intact. So that he could scream and wail in the back of his mind while his body was overtaken by pure evil. Ezix actually liked that thought.

The jungle slowly degraded into some sort of half-swamp region, occupied by shorter, thicker trees and plenty more insects. Ezix snapped his jaws at a jar-sized dragonfly that got too close, getting his hooves stuck in the slurping mud underneath the knee-high, stagnant waters. The Ka-Thot seemed more and more at home though, barely noticing the insects and simply floating on top of the water, slithering about like a snake.

“ We're almost there.” The Ka-Thot said reassuringly, as Ezix cursed yet again about the smells, the humidity, and of course, the wildlife.

” We better.” He snapped, pushing a rotting log out of the way. ” Because I'm craving some fish, but if I don't get it soon I might have to settle for a serpent.”

The Ka-Thot received the message clearly, wincing visibly and not looking back.

After scrambling over many more logs and boulders and letting their bodies soak to the point that they reeked of peat, the waders finally paused to stare upon a massive sculpture of carved into white stone. It looked like chalk or limestone, and was clearly from the coast. The figure, which was humanoid with a massive head and mouth, brandished an incredibly small sword more akin to a dagger that was serrated, resembling a coastal weapon. These minor details actually brought hope to Ezix that he'll be able to smell a salt-ridden breeze, instead of the still, rotting air of the land they crossed. And when they continued, that hope was lifted as the trees grew sparser, the land resurfaced, and the water-braided landscape turned from mud to silty dirt and sand. Finally the trees terminated, revealing a wide expanse of beach and ocean to the two travelers.

The Ka-Thot suddenly seemed uncomfortable, not continuing into the sun with Ezix. The latter though breathed a huge sigh of relief-he may have lived in the Underworld, but the joys of the mortal lands he still liked. Perhaps it was a remnant of his host, wanting to be in open air with cold winds all the time.

” So, the Forbidden Cove, or Dark Harbor, or whatever you want to call it...” Ezix quickly regained his composure. ” Where is it?”

“ I don't know exactly, but-”

” You don't know?”

“ I told you, the natives here are what you need! Be glad I even took you through the wilderness!” The Ka-Thot spat. Ezix's tail twitched.

” Just take me to these stupid natives.” He growled. The Ka-Thot nodded and slithered along the treeline, like he didn't want the sun to touch him. Ezix followed, insistent on staying in the sun. Why exactly his guide wanted to stay away was beyond him, but he was at least glad he wasn't walking through who knows how many layers of rot and filth.

---(Esko)---

Harumph. Where do we go? WHY THE HELL DO I NOT HAVE A CLUE?! He roared, clutching his head.

"Well hello there, I heard you are looking for a Balelash? I assume that's another Reaper? A Reaper passed by here not long ago, but headed East not long after stopping."

Eskirurius stopped starting to freak out and looked down to see another Reaper. Really? Did they look like [enter description of Balelash here]? He waved his wyvern wings around some

_______

Archas sighed as he ate a bit more meat from another deer that was caught. As he chewed, he walked towards the stream to wash his claws, to find Spectrum mindlessly painting....again. Nice painting there. Shall I wash some bones to get the work done faster?

((I haz idea. Well, to introduce another character, but that could bend skip or not))

"So this is the end?... This is how I die?" Mal asked himself trying to stay awake.

Mal knew the moment he let he eyes close, there will be no waking up. What was he to do? To weak to remedy the pain he felt or heal his own wounds. The pain he felt was not only from his physical injuries, but his heart as well. Wanting to see Shindansu again, but he does not know if he will now.

"I made a promise... I have to keep it... I most live. Live to tell her what I feel and... to see her," said Mal to himself coughing.

Raising his head Mal looked to the sky, as tears ran down his face. One wish was all he had, and now he figured that one wish may not come true. His eyelids were starting to get heavy, as if someone was shutting them.

"Shidansu... Shidansu please... I need you now more than ever... please hear me," said Mal silently to himself.

Mal let out a roar of pain. He hoped that Shidansu was close and heard it. After the roar his head dropped to the ground like a stone. His eyes closed and fell asleep.

Hallranth kept flying in the sky. Feeling free and without a care in the world.

"Man this feels good," said Hallranth happily.

His stomach began to growl, for he forgot to eat his food.

"Well time to head back and finish," said Hallranth flying back to the cave.

He landed carefully inside cave. Hoping that he would blow away any bones, or mess up Spec's painting.

"I am back guys." said Hallranth walking up to his deer he caught to eat them.

Once he finished eating his catch. He leaned up against the wall of the cave.

"Ahhh... now I am full." he said happily fed.

"So what you painting now Spec and were the carrots that Archas got you any good? And Archas was your deer good?" asked Hallranth in wonder.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

((I'm pretty sure Reevia is where I think she is...))

Spectrum

" Yes please!" She replied happily to Archas. After a while Hallranth came back to finish his deer. Once he was done, he asked Spectrum what she was painting and if the carrots were good.

" Yup! They were really..." She faltered, frowning at the canvas. " I... have no idea what I'm painting..." She admitted. She was the one painting it, the one behind the idea and the brush, but all she could make out was a bunch of lines and colors. She had no clue what it was, and yet she felt something rising out of the mess... She shook her head clear. " I'm sure it'll be good..." She tried to say, but it came out flat.

What am I doing? She questioned herself, but there was no answer. It was as though the inspiration was coming from somewhere else, not her. It was bizarre. But so far it was forming a picture, so Spectrum just tried to go with it.

Shurgle

" Do you think it's Balelash?!" Natashi burst out. Her companion shot her a look.

" It's possible." Shurgle said, not confident enough yet to trust the strange Reaper. " And you are...?"

" Patience de la Morte.... I think..." Natashi answered for her. " She doesn't really socialize with the others."

" Socialize? We're Reapers!" Shurgle sniffed, but she ignored him.

" Yeah, so did you see a Reaper with... Where's Netekos?" She suddenly interrupted herself. Shurgle immediately looked at the warlock, but he too disappeared into the crowd.

" Uhhh... " Was the best response he had.

Netekos was alarmed. Very alarmed. And very skilled at stealth. He wasn't much of a fighter, but he could go unnoticed if he wanted to.

After melting into the shadows, he took a careful path through the trees toward his target. The being had paused to stare at the Reapers, and he didn't like the looks of it. It too seemed to avoid the warlock though-either that, or it was trying to stay out of the line of sight of his companions-but it still made him prickle with unease and his quills threatened to poke through his cloak. After sneaking close enough to the cloaked figure, he unsheathed his claws, but let out no roar, as he pounced onto it and dragged it into the trees. It looked like a Reaper, and he saw a tail peeking out from it, but it was certainly no Reaper! He pinned the figure down, growling.

" You, creature. What do you intend to do?" He threatened, though if it came to a fight he would most likely flee. " You examine us like we're a spectacle? What are your intentions?!"

Shadow

I paced up and down the streets of Rinstead. The town was crumbling to dust, as with all plague-infested towns. Thanks to a shipment of “fancy rats” carrying a rather horrible disease, the booming place quickly went from the best city in the country to the lowest slum in the land. Ah, so much death. It was a perfect place for an outcast like me to hang out in. Especially at night-the effect of Sorrow Lake being warm on such cool days wraps the town in a blanket of mist. I liked that mist. I ought to obtain enough power to create a life-sucking mist of my own. Maybe I'll also call it Sorrow. Yeah... I like that.

I paused silently to listen for any signs of prey. Hm.. no sobbing as of yet. Has no one died? That's unusual... the death rate was decreasing. Perhaps it was because the disease was too ravenous on the weak and newly born, leaving behind healthy adults already hardened by a difficult lifestyle. That wouldn't do any good for me.

“ Maybe Rinstead has run dry of souls.” I pondered to myself. “ Where else could I go? Hm... maybe north instead of south. There might be a settlement up there.”

“ Hey you!” A mortal voice cried out behind me. I paused. You were talking to yourself again, Shadow. I scolded myself. I turned around, but saw no one. Confident that the mists were hiding my unusually tall form, I silently resumed my routine checking for souls-the mortal would hear nothing anyways, and would see nothing as long as I kept my ethereal limbs hidden.

Or maybe I had a false sense of security. Footsteps were approaching.

I paused yet again to cast a spell- all it did was thicken the mist around me, completely covering my pitch-black cloak in a ghostly pale cloud. I stepped out of the way enough that the mortal would just barely pass me by, and as he approached, I recognized him.

A regular tavern-goer, and not to a particularly good tavern at that. He was obviously drunken, and seemed only half-clothed-I was exceedingly glad that he at least had his pants still. He slowed down as he neared, looking past me.

“ Hey!” He called again at nothing. I withheld my amusement-this guy was a fool! I saw someone, presumably a woman who was just as naked, run into an alleyway behind him-probably his target.

“ Over here!” She called. The man stumbled and spun about like a moron for a few minutes, almost bumping into me, before going in her vague direction. I felt purely disgusted, knowing what would happen next-but I also felt excited, by the fact that I had new prey.

Sure, collecting souls of those who have already passed was nice and all, but there was nothing like a good hunt. I had morals, sure-innocents weren't on my list. But a drunk and his companion? Why would they not be on the list? They weren't beneficial to a dying society.

No, they were prey. My prey.

I didn't have to sneak-I had mastered the art of silence, saying nothing, doing little, even my footsteps and the rustling of my cloak were quiet. The loudest thing I might be able to do was breathe, and it was all thanks to magic. I was very proud of my stealth abilities. So I walked normally over to the alleyway, sweeping my cloak out of the way with a heavily armored arm.

Souls. I thought gleefully. I love souls. I felt the anchored glaive-a large semi-circle of a blade conveniently attached to my arm-slide out of its sheath. It could be unwieldy at times, but I was so used to it it was as though it was a part of me. I unsheathed the one on my other arm and prepared to attack.

“ What do you want to do first?” I heard the man say.

“ I want to-AHHHHH!!” She let out a horrified scream as I melted from the mist and quickly dismembered her soon-to-be mate. She tried to flee, and I'm pretty sure she needed that foot to do it, but she didn't have it now. I had the thrill of the hunt pulsing through my veins and I grabbed her by the neck and lifted her into the air.

“ R-Reaper!” She cried.

“ Yes. Reaper.” I hissed. And with a swift slice, she was no more.

Edited by skwerl56767

" Gah!" Reevia felt herself being dragged father into the tree line.

" You, creature. What do you intend to do?" who ever it was threatened " You examine us like we're a spectacle? What are your intentions?! "

what! um-well-I!" she felt a heat rise in her chest and grimaced trying to keep the emotion under control. panic is the bane of control Reevia recalled, remembering her past lessons, sadly panicking was what she had done for the past few minutes. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself.

" I am not a creature" she started, warming up to an angry tirade "and some consider it rude to stick your nose into other people's business, oh and you also didn't introduce yourself before you so rudely apprehended me, there are rules to these types of situations you know...!" Reevia continued babbling nonsense while slowly positioning her tail around her captor to trip him up, once she had the advantage it would be easy to defeat her enemy. She grinned ferociously, the smile covered by her cloak, the bloodlust that had marked her a demon to her tribe was pumping in her veins and in her heart.

It happened so suddenly, she pulled her tail to the side strong enough to break any mortal's leg, confident that she would win this fight.

Edited by flame249

Netekos

The cloaked figure shoved Netekos off of her, babbling about proper introductions. He just sort of stared; the lecture caught him off guard. He was about to respond when he suddenly tripped-he had never lost balance while standing before! The sudden force was intense, but it didn't severely damage him, though he did get the breath knocked out of him as he hit the ground.

" Oof!" He gasped. It took him a bit to process what happened, but once he did he quickly pushed himself back onto his feet. " Mortal!" He hissed at the stranger. Did it anticipate a fight?! If it wanted one, he'll deliver! He slashed at the air with his claws, daring his adversary to react violently. " You think you can fight me! Bring it! You're no-"

" Netekos!"

Still filled with adrenaline and hot embarrassment from face-planting into the dirt, Netekos backed up just a bit so he could glance around, though he kept the stranger in his peripheral. He didn't spot Natashi, but he could hear her-he hoped she was speaking privately to him so the mortal didn't get any hints.

" Netekos, wherever you are, we have Patience here! We think she knows where Balelash has gone!"

Really? He thought. He grimaced at the strange being, still in a fighting stance. " I guess I'll have to leave you here. No point in fighting now. But consider this encounter as a warning." With that, he bolted off, hoping she wouldn't try to track him down.

He was still prickling with embarrassment when he found the other Reapers again. Natashi turned to speak but he cut her off.

" A mortal was eying us keenly. I was about to get some answers, but you interrupted me." His tail lashed.

" It's about Balelash." Natashi said, taken aback by his hostility.

" We won't be able to get Balelash if a mortal gets us first! We already know there is a bloodmage warlock in this very temple; what if there are others?"

" Don't be paranoid." Shurgle snapped.

" I have a right to be paranoid!" Netekos countered. " We have no leader, we're being chased constantly by demons, and Heaven-don't even get me started on Heaven! We're disorganized and scattered like insects!" Netekos' quills have flared up in anger, and Natashi and Shurgle took a few steps back. He wasn't exactly known for having breakdowns.

" Look, we'll focus on finding Balelash first. Then we can... go from there." Natashi finished uncertainly. " We need Balelash because he's a veteran Reaper and he will... um... he will..."

" He'll have an idea on what to do next?" Shurgle put in.

" Yeah..." She said lamely. She turned to Patience. " Can you take us to where you saw the Reaper go? We intend to find him."

Edited by skwerl56767

The shaggy wolf skidded to a stop outside the star temple. The young spellsword dismounted, her and the beast entering the temple. Damia looked around, scanning the crowd. She abruptly stopped as she saw a small group of... reapers. Possibly the one she had rescued was in the group. She walked to them, the large wolf behind her mostly ignored. A few people may had recognized the woman, but she ignored them. "Any of you in need of healing..?" she asked, shifting her stance slightly. Diablo sniffed at a reaper and snorted softly, that was not a sent he could forget!

Abaddon, after traveling from the DragonScar wasteland, he made it to the town of Rinstead. He came back from hunting down a squad of demons. Those demons tried to ambush him, and wanted them to die. He knew there might be some demons not like the others, for he heard whispers of a demon dragon who was not like them; however, any demon that is a threat is dead.

"Any demon, that tries to take my life will know not to miss with me," said Abaddon in his mind, as he walked into town.

When he walked into town he made sure to cover his left arm.

"If any of these people find out. Who knows what might happen." said Abaddon said to himself.

The last thing he needed was people to panic about him beginning a demon. He knew himself he was not. but to others he could be.

"This town... why does it seem to have no hope in it?" wondered Abaddon looking around.

To Abaddon this town looked diseased written, and also a place of death. Then he heard a scream. It was as if the woman was in pure terror. Then he heard the word Reaper.

"What are reapers doing here? They only suppose to take the souls of the dead and nor of the living." stated Abaddon as he rushed towards the scream.

He knew of reapers from the demons he kills. Because for every demon he finds, he tried to gather information from them before having them meet their end. People began to panic. They were running to their homes, or trying to find somewhere to hide. This was not going to be easy. He needed to get there quick to find out just what was going on. Looking to his left Abaddon saw a narrow alleyway. He could easily jump from wall to wall, so that he could reach the roof. Quickly he ran down the alleyway and jumped from wall to wall. Once he reach the rooftops he began jumping from rooftop to rooftop. He looked down every alleyway he came across trying to see if he could spot the Reaper. After what seemed to be hopeless, he found the reaper.

"What the hell?" asked Abaddon to himself.

The alleyway had blood very where. It was as if this reaper had hunted them, but why?

"It seems the reaper is enjoying it," said Abaddon's inner demon.

He could argue against what he the demon had said. He needed to know, for some strange reason. He couldn't piece it together, but Abaddon felt he had to meet the reaper. Jumping down from the roof and landed on the ground in front of the Reaper. When landed he used his left arm to help him landed, and doing so he revealed his left arm. He dropped his hood to show his red eyes. Abaddon standing still waited to see what the reaper would do now.

Shidansu and Erin

There was a roar from the direction of the Star Temple. A very familiar roar, full of pain and grief. Shidansu turned and saw the general Aetherious as he fell, in flames, to the sea below with a savage roar. She quickly unfolded her wings, legs posed to launch herself into the air above the ocean below, nearly white from the foam and crashing waves. Her graceful body swooped up, appearing indigo to any awed spectators from the blurred speed at which she flew, heart rejoicing for the one she still loves.

Wow. You must love him so much to do that sweep for appearances, especially when he wasn't even here right now.

Nevertheless, Shidansu's excitement couldn't be dampened by her annoying ball of sarcasm as she flew as quick as she can to the entrance of the majestic temple.

What? Shidansu is actually calling something other than herself majestic?Is the world starting to end?

As if it has not already started to do so.

Did it start with your queen or did it start with heaven?

The two proceeded to bicker back and forth as Shidansu flew up flawlessly, having perfected the art of multitask-snarking to her host a long time before.

As the ground near the temple came into view, Shidansu's heart nearly beat itself out of her chest before instead opting to skip a beat at Malfegor's broken and wounded appearance. She raced to be at a landing position before swooping down, taking a few steps to release momentum in the wild, grassy clearing. The dragoness kneeled beside Mal, cursing the lack of healing spells in her-and Erin's-arsenal.

"Malfegor? It is I, Shidansu."

Edited by beiningtian

((Waiting for Dragoness's response in the OOC thread...))

Shadow

Relishing the taste of the souls I had harvested, I scraped the blood off my glaives in preparation to leave when someone jumped down in front of me. I paused to regard it.

A human, it seemed. Though I sensed a Trio's power stirring from within. The human then revealed his left arm; demonic corruption. I looked on in unique interest as he examined me with sharp red eyes.

A mortal in the middle of a conversion process. I recognized. Perhaps the smell of blood attracted it. I nodded to the bodies of my prey.

" You may have them, if you wish. I have no interest in such things except when necessary." Deeming the being no threat, I calmly scratched the air with symbols, muttering the spell for a portal. Hm, should I travel to the church first? I wondered. That cult I have accumulated may be waiting for my arrival, for whatever reason. Then again, I ought to deposit these souls before I burn them up by existing alone. My mind then bitterly added, If only I could find enough souls each day to restock my power supply. I'm like a squirrel with no food to collected for the winter. Things will only get harsher, at this rate.

I paused before opening the portal, turning to the being again.

" If you want to curb that infection of yours, I suggest you search for a white mage or alchemist, or a being of light. Then again, if you wish to feed it, you have an opportunity right here." I turned pointedly to the corpses again, before finishing the glowing symbols I had drawn in the air. I had finally made up my mind on where to go next.

When Reevia heard her apprehender exhale in surprise she whirled around to face him. What she saw made her gasp, it was one of the Reapers from before! Apparently she wasn't as discreet as she thought. When the stranger got up Reevia tensed, she was finally going to get the fight she had so desperately wanted! The itch had been getting dreadfully hard to fight off for the past few weeks, and a Reaper could be an entertaining opponent.

"Mortal!" He hissed " You think you can fight me! Bring it!" Reevia grinned, apparently she was getting the fight she had been anticipating for the past few minutes "You're no-" he cut off, then backed off and began looking around for something. Reevia just gaped, maybe he was calling reinforcements, or he could be insane. Reevia lashed her tail in frustration, she didn't have the time for this, she wanted to fight NOW! Just when she was about to leap onto her opponent, claws extended, the Reaper turned to face her " I guess I'll have to leave you here. No point in fighting now. But consider this encounter as a warning." With that, he bolted off, leaving Reevia to stew in frustration.

That was it! She was going to murder that Reaper! Nobody just waves away Reevia Dragonheart! She flared her wings and flew after him, staying the shadows, all the while planning increasingly painful deaths for that Reaper. Reevia grinned sadistically, that Reaper was going to wish he hadn't caught sight of her

"I don't know exactly where he went, but he left East. If you want I can go east with you," she said, her wings unfurling, the metal plates covering them making a light scraping sound, causing Patience to wince. "I have to fix that..."

Suddenly she heard a quiet noise, causing her left fox ear to move again. "Did you hear that?" she asked, her voice low. There it was again. Flapping. She looked around, her eyes darting to the hiding spaces she knew so well. There it was, a figure that no one else could have noticed except probably Eskirius. Her eyes narrowed.

"Someone's watching us. Neketos, what the hell did you do?" she hissed.

Edited by MyaMouse

Abaddon

Abaddon chuckled at the reaper's statement.

"I am not here to feed my corruption, for my corruption does not feed off humans," said Abaddon looking at the scene.

He heard about seeking a being of light, but there are no angels to be found. Trying white mages would not work, for he tried it before. Most of the white mages were to weak, or simply did not how what to do. A human corrupted by demon blood was something unheard of, yet maybe an alchemist; however, Abaddon needed to know what happened. From the scene it was obvious the reaper killed them, but the reaper murdered them as prey? Why? Why would a reaper do such a thing? Killing souls of the living to what purpose? These questions echoed through out Abaddon's mind. He had to ask knowing he may even get a direct answer, but he had to try.

"Why is a Reaper killing people of living? You are suppose to only collect souls of the dead? What would Death say about this?" asked Abaddon with no hesitation in his words.

When he saw something behind the reaper, he drew his sword. His sword was pure black, and forged from a Black Dragon's talon. Not knowing what might happen Abaddon had to be ready. His eyes began to get redder, as if they were starting to glow.

"Answer the question Reaper?" demanded Abaddon, for his patience was growing thin.

His inner demon was getting excited that Abaddon was getting pissed.

"Yes, yes let your anger loss," said the inner demon excitedly.

Malfegor

Malfegor was dreaming once he fell asleep. In his dreamworld he had just awoken, inside dream state, trying to see where he was.

"Where...where am I?" he asked himself aloud.

He was standing in the middle of a circular platform surrounded by fire. Looking around all he could see was fire. Then a voice began to speak.

"So you managed to beat Aetherious... now what? You are not dead if you were wondering at all," said the voice reassuring Mal.

Mal could not believe he was not dead, but then again all he did waste energy.

"That would explain me in this state, for this is all a dream," said Mal in his head.

Mal looked at his hand, that was injured and it was not. Then he remember what the voice about "... what now?". Mal really did not know. He has to help the reapers, but he wants to find Shidansu. What was he to do? At the moment he also needs healing.

"Yet... I am no position to do anything," said Mal looking in the fire.

After saying that a voice entered his dream.

"Malfegor? It is I, Shidansu."

Mal could not believe it she was close to him. He could not see her, but he can hear. Looking around he tried to see if maybe she is in the dream, yet she was not.

"If she is not here then that means," said Mal as his eyes widen.

"Yes, she is next to you. Remember this Mal What fuels you is what fuels the flames." said the voice as the flames dissapeared.

Malfegor slowly woke up and opened his eyes. When he opened them he saw Shidansu.

"Sorry... if I do not look good. Had to beat Atherious's ass. And... it seems... I kept my promise," said weakly trying to ignore the pain.

((All right, I'm not going to keep waiting for Dragoness. I intended to do this earlier, so sorry if it ended up awkward. x.x))

Netekos

” I told you!” Netekos fumed. He was about to break out in an argument with Patience when a mortal suddenly entered the scene. But Netekos only saw one thing-not the human that had saved him, not the familiar wolf creature who traveled with her, but a potential enemy heading right for them.

” Mortal!” Netekos spat and bristled, unsheathing his long, silver claws. Natashi jumped at the sight of someone heading straight for the Reapers, and began to panic. Most mortals wouldn't approach a Reaper randomly, and if they did it meant one of two things; either they were a Trio in disguise, or they had the power to take a Trio out, and were planning on doing it.

At the current moment, no one wanted to risk getting caught, not with a warlock in the very crowds before them and with demons running amok all over the land.

” We've really been caught this time, let's bail!!” Shurgle cried and snatched his small companion up, bolting into the trees. Netekos hissed and followed them, trailing just far back enough that if a fight broke out, Shurgle and Natashi wouldn't be caught in it. He was confident he had the speed to outrun anyone should the need arise. Oh, if only Balelash was here! He had the battle confidence the mangy little group needed, especially since Eskirurius seemed to try and not meddle with things.

The three bolted into the trees, traveling as far as they could from the Star Temple, only stopping when the ground below them suddenly terminated into a huge drop into the Cavernlands. Shurgle skidded to a halt and checked to see if anyone had followed, Natashi curled up tightly in his arms. Netekos arrived finally, basically running backwards as he kept an eye out for anyone.

” That was close. Too close.” Shurgle sighed. Netekos immediately whipped around and glared, though his eyes weren't visible.

” Two strangers, both mortals, interested in us? I do not like the Star Temple. We're too obvious; next the warlock will be chasing us down the bridges to the earth!”

” Please don't say that...” Natashi whimpered. ” There are plenty of demons to go around, and sentient beings are unpredictable. I don't want to trust someone just to tend up in some dungeon.”

Shurgle sat down a little ways from the edge of the floating island they stood upon, frowning.

” 'I have a right to be paranoid'.” He echoed Netekos's words. ” Remember, way back when we were training Shadow, the necromancer who wanted to find a way to harvest a Reaper's stored power? Because he believed we were not a neutral force, but an evil one?”

” I don't recall such memories.” Netekos said, scanning the trees again and becoming painfully aware that they left Eskirurius and Patience behind. He was positive they would have fled and would show up eventually...

” I do.” Natashi said mournfully. ” When Shadow was just converted, Death told Shurgle, Balelash, and I to mentor her. That was one of our greatest challenges; getting out of a dungeon because we failed in our mentoring duties.”

” Isn't my fault she's so curious and gun-ho about fighting...” Shurgle grumbled.

” You ought to start at the beginning.” Netekos snapped.

” Well, it-” Natashi began.

” It's a long story.” Shurgle interrupted her. ” What I'm curious about is how we're attracting such a crowd. Are we that obvious? Should we split up?”

There was a brief silence. It felt like the same confusion the Reapers had witnessed when Death had vanished. Should they stick together, so they could combine their strengths? Or would it be wiser to stay well away from one another, so if someone was caught, no one else went with them?

” Patience said Balelash-or at least who we think is Balelash-went east.” Netekos finally broke the silence.

” But Skygiant's Bridge is way in the west. East is anywhere!” Natashi argued.

” Maybe directly east? What's directly east from here?” Shurgle wondered. Netekos bent down and scratched a rough map in the thick, wet dirt.

” Let's cut it in half.” He suggested. ” We have Winterscreech, Darksky, and Dragonscar directly east from here.”

” The House of Cards is right on the border of Winterscreech and the deserts, right? We could make that our limit.”

” Exactly.” He said, circling the said areas. The three stared at the sketch.

” That has to be at least a third of the landmass.” Shurgle groaned. ” We can't search all of that!”

” And where do we start?” Natashi said. ” And didn't the Queen of Thorns place most of her portals near the Temple of Flux? We'd be heading into enemy territory!”

” We're already facing warlocks and obscene amounts of mortals out here.” Netekos pointed out sourly. ” I see no reason to believe that anywhere else would be better. Plus, most creatures see this place as Sanctuary, meaning this has to be the safest refuge available.”

Natashi whimpered, staring at the map. No one liked the idea of going closer toward the heart of evil, just to find one Reaper who may or may not be alive-or at least loyal-still.

” We found Patience.” Shurgle realized. ” We could assign each of us to an area, explore each one, and then rendezvous at a central point... say, here.” He stuck a claw into the area occupied by Foxtail Forest.

” But I don't want to split up!” Natashi buried her face into Shurgle's cloak. Netekos tried to ignore her.

” We'll go into the areas that best fit our abilities. It'll make it easier.” He said, implying he agreed with Shurgle's plan. ” Now we just need Eskirurius and Patience out here so we can plan accordingly.”

” I don't like the plan. What if one of us is found out by the demons? Or someone following their ideals? You were caught and almost converted Netekos, if it wasn't for Malfegor!” Natashi pointed out. ” Malfegor... hey, he wasn't the only one there, was he?”

” It was hard to tell, with all of that fire and you running toward the fray like a maniac.” Shurgle said not at all nicely.

” No, there was like this girl and a Xiezhi!” She shoved him, though he barely budged. Netekos sniffed.

” Malfegor is one of the Trio, a demon. Xiezhi tend to not throw themselves into fights, and throwing a human in there is just downright absurd.”

” But Malfegor is not a normal demon-what if they weren't normal either?” Natashi challenged.

” My head hurts.” Shurgle muttered, as she and Netekos got into a fight on common sense. He glanced back to the trees, hoping one of the Reapers they left behind in a panic were going to show up soon.

((All right, that's getting long. I'll leave it at that.))

Shadow

” I am not here to feed my corruption, for my corruption does not feed off humans,” The mid-convert replied. I smiled at the fact that he sounded amused.

” That's too bad.” I said, starting to wonder just what sort of corruption was slowly eating him away, already leaving a fully-transformed limb behind.

” Why is a Reaper killing people of living? You are suppose to only collect souls of the dead? What would Death say about this?”

” Oh, Death would be upset.” I said casually, finding a smear of blood on one of my glaives and scraping it off on the brick wall of the alley. ” But I am no longer bound by her laws. I hunt souls for myself, now. I am no longer sustained by her power, so I must sustain myself, and that means I must kill for myself, too. It is hard, living off of one or two deaths every year. I used to do fine in this town, but it's starting to recover.” My tone soured. ” I'll have to find another place to harvest the energy I need.” I was about to sheathe my glaives so I could finish my spell, but I heard a distinct sliding sound coming from the mortal. I turned warningly to him.

” What's with the sword?” I asked, keeping my voice level. I briefly switched my attention to my surroundings. Hm, there was something behind me. I didn't focus on it long enough to decide if it was mortal or not though. I was confident in my current state of power, and in my skills in battle-surely if it attacked I would have no need to care about it. Not unless it was another Trio, attracted by the mess I made.

Usually I leave before anyone knows what happened, to avoid clashes with scavengers and curious mortals alike. Now I was sandwiched by two strangers. Well, as long as I kept my ethereal limbs hidden and my true form veiled, I would at least remain mostly anonymous.

((Hmm... not quite sure what to do with Ezix yet.))

Edited by skwerl56767

Reevia was downright livid now, all that work carefully restraining herself from blowing her cover only to be discovered anyway, how did that work?

But now she wasn't going to play fair, no more waiting for them to finish their conversation, she was just going to rip apart that Reaper, and his friends to if they get in the way. Reevia was working herself into a frenzy, her tail lashed side to side as she prepared to blast out of her hiding place at top speed, if she was going to blow her cover, she might as well go out with a bang.

Reevia exploded from her hiding place, amid screams of horror and cries of "demon!" hopeful she was going to get there in time

(wow, Reevia's really got a grudge on Netekos now)

Edited by flame249

"No, you said, and I quote, 'about to get some answers.' You never said 'about to beat some answers out of them,' you-" Patience's rant was cut short as they shot off. She grumbled quietly. "C'mon, Eskirius," she said, shooting up into the sky, the metal plates quietly screeching against one another, but they caused Patience to wince. Any falter in the plates, to her, was like fingernails scraping a chalkboard, although the defect would be tough to pick up by anyone who didn't have heightened hearing. She mumbled in annoyance and shot down towards them, only to be blown aside by the mortal that Neketos had apparently angered. She growled softly and began to go faster. If she really poured on the speed, she could go 100 miles in a minute.

((Y'know what, screw you, I will make a long post eventually, but right now dad's trying to drag me out of the house and I can't extend this, just assume she got there before Reevia by like a minute and she's screaming to either fight or run))

((You need to check the OOC more often, I asked the OP to notify you I was editing my post but she said she couldn't because she was uncomfortable with posting an all OOC post in the IC thread.

Esko, get on Chatzy more))

Edited by MyaMouse

When Abaddon saw the three shadow figures behind the reaper, he knew what they were. Demons, he could smell their stench from here.

"So you managed to follow me. Well seems now you have to die," said Abaddon gripping his sword tightly.

The demons began to laugh. They could not believe that a human could kill them.

"Please as if you could," said the demons.

Sighing Abaddon looked at the reaper.

"Excuse me for a moment while I deal with these. The souls are your's once I am done, but left the blood untouched." said Abaddon stabbing his sword in the ground.

He wished to continue this conversation once everything was done. Throwing off his cloak he charged the demons with lightening quick speed. With his left hand he pierced the demons stomach, and began absorbing its blood. The others stood in fear as they watched. How? How could a human be able to do such a thing? These questions were in the demons' heads. Abaddon then spoke these words as he pulled his hand out.

"Leave and you fools will live, but do what he did and mock me.Or, you will suffer the same agonizing death." said Abaddon staring at both of the demons.

The demons could sense his murderous intent and fled in terror. Abaddon walked back to where his sword was and picked it up. Sheathing it he looked back at the Reaper.

"Sorry about that, but that demons's soul is your's. So where were we...," said Abaddon with blood dripping from his hand.

Abaddon was trying to remember what they were talking about. Then he remembered.

"Hmm that is interesting. Especially since Death is missing and all Reapers are shattered. As for my sword it is called the Black Dragon's Talon." said Abaddon waiting to see what the reaper would say.

(he can only absorb the blood of weak demons not ones like Mal and Exiz just saying)