Shadow

Instead of directly answering my question, the human addressed the entities behind me. I calmly moved out of the way, and saw a group of demons. Minions, no less. The most they could do was give someone a nightmare, or fling a bag of flour everywhere and cause grief. Nothing to worry about.

They still looked-and smelled-wretched though.

” So you managed to follow me. Well seems now you have to die.” The mortal said confidently. I studied his expression. He didn't seem the least bit worried that he was confronting a trio of well, Trios. They laughed and jeered mockingly, scratching the air with their voices; I tried to hide my discomfort from the sound.

Why can't demons at least sound good? Or maybe I'm asking too much of evil?

” Excuse me for a moment while I deal with these. The souls are yours once I am done, but leave the blood untouched.” The mortal said, preparing for a fight.

” I can do that.” I said, interested in what would happen next. Would he prove to be a good fighter? If so, should I worry? Or would he even care about a mere Reaper?

Though I didn't jump to any conclusions when the fight initiated, I certainly took note of one thing-his sword was not an ordinary one. As he plunged it into the first demon, instead of bleeding out the liquid drained into the dark blade. I watched in curiosity as the mortal drove the rest of the demons off through intimidation alone, making my way over to the carcass and holding my hand over it to collect the soul's energy. Glowing red streams emerged from it and collected into my palm, forming an orb I would later store or consume. The human mortal, on the other hand, didn't seem the least bit concerned by the skirmish, or even the blood that had made its way onto his hand. It amused me that it didn't bother him.

” So where were we... Hmm that is interesting. Especially since Death is missing and all Reapers are shattered. As for my sword it is called the Black Dragon's Talon.”

” Black Dragon's Talon.” I echoed. ” You don't find many of those anymore. Not with everything spiraling into chaos.” Finishing my soul collection, I held the glowing, swirling mist-like orb in my hand. ” If you don't... Death is missing?” My thoughts just went into full reverse. ” A Trio leader? Missing? Well that explains a lot...” I stared at the soul for a bit, processing the information, and what it meant to me. If one Trio leader disappears, everything breaks down, no questions asked. It's a hydra with three bickering heads and the inability to grow more. So if one link disappears, even if it's a bad link, bad things will still happen. Death is the neutral link. Which means right now the King of Light and the Queen of Thorns were at each others' throats.

...Or one was already suppressing the other.

” The angels.” I realized. I hadn't seen any in a while. Usually they're scattered about, being all helpful and wise, but I haven't seen one... is the Queen of Thorns trying to seize power? More importantly, is she succeeding?

What's the one place a determined leader of the Underworld would come up to try and conquer the Mortal Plane?

” I must go.” I said, finishing my portal spell with my free hand. The portal opened up; a tall, foggy oval with a darkened inside. I hesitated only briefly to address the human again. ” I don't know where you could go, but I recommend heading east, preferably to the Sun Temple if it's still dedicated to the light. If not, the Star Temple is your next best shot. But I don't believe anywhere near the Flux Temple would be wise. Demons are likely flooding into Winterscreech as we speak.” With that, I promptly proceeded through the portal.

((There will be a brief 5-10 seconds the portal will remain open, so... have an option.

Since Mousie may not be editing the post, I'll wait for flame and Esko to rewrite their posts before doing mine. Look at me, being all courteous. xd.png))

Abaddon heard what the Reaper had said. What was he to do? He knew it would be awhile before he reached those places. Making a fist he looked at his corrupted hand. This corruption coursing threw his very veins, yet should he get rid of it now or later? It was obvious this Reaper knew something, but she was not saying it. Once he said Death was missing she immediately finished her portal. Why? Was there something more to this meeting? There had to be a reason, for this was no mere meeting.

"Follow her, and find out the questions you seek" said the demon hissing.

Should he? Should he follow this Reaper?

"I will," said Abaddon running to the portal.

Too long as he ignored this war, and now he most find out. He knew at this moment he had to sit his own ambitions aside. Purifying the corruption will have to wait. Because now he must find out what was she hiding. He knew not what waited on the other side, he was more than ready.

"For once you follow your own feelings, as such I grant you another ability. For you indeed are an interesting human. I call it Demonic Shadows. It allows you to make a copy of yourself, but more of a shadow copy." said the demon voice.

Abaddon thought that might come in handy once they reach the other side. He stepped through and came to a place he did not know. Then the portal closed behind him. Now there was no going back for Abaddon. This was his choice and his alone, for what happens now no one knows. Looking around he saw the reaper in front of him.

"You know Reaper that was kind of rude, for we were not done with our talk. Plus we never introduced ourselves." said Abaddon looking at the Reaper.

He knew she may or may not attack, so he is laying everything to chance. A game of chance was all he has never known. In this game it is either not do anything wait to see what the reaper does, or show her he means no harm and then wait. Unsheathing his sword Abaddon stabbed it into the ground and let go of it.

"I am unarmed, all I want to do is talk." said Abaddon waiting patiently.

The demon could not believe he is doing such a thing.

"Are you literally just plain stupid, or did you get dropped on your head. You are leaving yourself wide open... TO A REAPER!" exclaimed the demon.

Abaddon ignored the demon and still waiting.

Shadow

Ah. The abandoned church. A mere blip in Rinstead's history. First constructed with Rinstead, only to be left behind when riches became more important than religion. Now religion had come back to save the town, only to cut it off from the old church and leave it wide open for any travelers who came across it. The old dirt path was overgrown with weeds and tangled roots, barely recognizable in the night. The church itself was small, and crumbling. A mere chapel, with two extra rooms branching off its left side, and a pitiful cemetery attached to its right. It had an almost classic, Gothic/Catholic style to it, with a steeple and even gargoyles.

Crumbling gargoyles. Some with no heads, or feet, or wings. I gave them a quick glance over. Good. I thought. No complete ones. That means there were no mimickers in the fray.

I took a few steps toward the church, admiring it even though its stained glass windows were broken in and bending under the weight of the stone, even though there was an obvious hole in its roof, even though the bell had fallen and the entire structure was being conquered by vines. Despite its destruction, it still stood proud, yet humble.

But in the midst of my admiration, I felt something was wrong. I whipped around.

" You know Reaper that was kind of rude, for we were not done with our talk. Plus we never introduced ourselves."

” You follow me, and you expect a friendly introduction?” I asked, incredulous. This mortal was scolding me on proper manners!

The human brought his sword out, and I tensed, preparing to unsheathe my glaives, but he pushed his blade tip-down into the soft earth. I stared at him.

” I am unarmed, all I want to do is talk.” He said.

I processed the information for a short while, debating on whether or not this creature could be trusted. He was being corrupted from the inside out, after all. But I also knew that no demon would surrender unless it was in their best interest.

I got out of my battle stance, trying to at least appear relaxed. I did a quick surroundings check to make sure we were alone. Too many times before have I visited this place and been ambushed by a lurking predator-usually a pack of werewolves or a hungry vampire who had retired for the day.

They both learned one thing: Reapers were not fun to hunt.

” You may speak.” I permitted, assured that no one was around or watching. I was tempted to remove the human from his sword permanently, but touching a powerful weapon that wasn't yours and you didn't know fully about was foolish. Besides, he might take it as a hostile action. I wasn't about to make any unnecessary enemies.

Ezix

He stood there, arms crossed, puffing out air and glaring. The Ka-Thot ran his hand over the stone yet again, trying to decipher it.

They were forced to depart into the filthy bog once again, and Ezix's guide was convinced that the natives they were searching for were living in a cave system blocked by one stone. A magically-imbued stone, to act as a door, covered in carvings of the local wildlife and bizarre hieroglyphics. And they had been standing here for a long time, getting covered in slurping mud, rotting vegetation, murky water, and of course, everyone's favorite: bugs. Ezix whipped around and the feeling of something crawling up his back, and came face-to-face with positively the largest centipede he'd ever seen-that wasn't demonic.

The Ka-Thot didn't turn around as there was an explosion of water and angry shouts from the minotaur. “ Kila.... thul.... yes.... no, kyla thul... only a little different, but it would make this cesta...” He scratched a claw onto a rather large leaf to keep track of his progress. “ We're almost there.” He assured his companion. Ezix roared at him, and half a centipede hit the rock he was looking at.

” This is taking too long!!” He fumed. ” I need the angel soul now!”

“ Well you just have to wait.” The Ka-Thot said grumpily, brushing the centipede off. Ezix was sorely tempted to grab his serpentine little neck and squeeze as hard as he could, but if he lost his guide, he would be lost in general. No natives, no Forbidden Cove-or Dark Harbor, or whatever it was called-and therefore no angel soul to repair his slowly decaying body. He wouldn't be surprised if his time in the bog had made the process worse, and that sooner or later a hunk of muscle would just drop off of him.

Skeletons needed magic to get strength because they had no muscles or tendons. Ezix was keen on keeping said muscles and tendons, because he was not a great mage.

So instead the convert minotaur snorted in anger and wrecked his anger out on a rotting stump. As it was beaten, the greatest diversity of creatures anyone has ever seen fled from it. Fish, eels, bugs, amphibians, you name it. Then Ezix got an idea.

He grabbed a chunk of the stump and wrenched it off, revealing a writhing mass of grubs and one, black, eel-like creature that curled up tight when the light hit it. He grinned and snatched it up, approaching the Ka-Thot.

“ If you're wondering, I'm not-OW!” The creature turned and hissed at him, craning its neck in an attempt to see what had caused the pinching pain in his back. It wasn't Ezix, but the grin told him he was the cause of it. The Ka-Thot hissed again and squirmed and the pain came back, stronger.

“ Black leech?!” It squealed. “ Not black leech!”

” Yup. Fifteen minutes and it'll suck you dry. Tick tock.” Ezix almost laughed. ” You better get to work!”

The Ka-Thot shot Ezix such a venomous glare it could wilt a plant.

“ If I die, you'll be stuck out here.” He threatened. Ezix shrugged, not showing that same gnawing worry on his face.

” I'm more worried about you.” He said casually. ” Fourteen minutes.”

The Ka-Thot ground its teeth together, clearly getting the message, and furiously went back to deciphering. Ezix was feeling pretty proud of himself.

Finally, they were getting somewhere!

Edited by skwerl56767

Reevia frowned, it only took a few seconds for her to touch on the eletalism in her core, but her contacted was strained, and she couldn't get any extra energy from it. Cursing she abandoned her task, it would seem that she would have to attack straight on, without magical aid. Sneaking had failed, and it had only now occurred to her that she had the eletalism at her disposal.

Reevia's failure to tap into her ability wasn't all that irritating by itself, she could hardly control it when she used it anyway, and most of the time she had preferred to battle without magical aid, to properly fight in a fair test of skill and strength, but it was the fact that she was being restrained that she was unable to used her natural ability that every other dracofari could summon without even thinking, that made it such a nagging angry nest in her mind. It affected her mind to, eletalism was a part of her, and to be cut off from it caused her to become frustrated with everything and anything. Her quest to remove the dreaded inhibitors around her wrists and ankles was becoming borderline obsessive, and she was only truly at peace when she was fighting.

Reevia whipped around to look for her quarry, now that the fighting spirit had been properly calmed she was no longer going to just blindly charge at a large group of probably highly trained Reapers. In fact, Reevia felt fairly embarrassed with her

behaviour, the Reaper had done a grievous insult to her, but randomly charging at him was not going to help, she probably looked fairly evil and demon-like just angrily shouting and attacking them. However she had heard them repeatedly call her a mortal... Trios, thinking that anything that wasn't from one of their planes was a regular mortal, typical, so she wasn't going to hold back at all, but killing him probably wasn't going to be all that wonderful in the future, Death was one thing she did not want on her bad side. Spotting them nearby she flared her wings preparing for flight, she was going to be fairly courteous now, challenging that Reaper to a proper duel, and if he refused or wasn't fit for battle, that was his problem.

---(Eskirurius)---

What an outrage! The three just running off like that?! The wolf wyvern snarled, then slowly his growling increased volume.

"C'mon, Eskirius." he heard the other Reaper, Patience, say.

Coming. He simply grunted, then took off. As he flew, he heard mortal cries of "MONSTER!!" and "FIEND!!" and even "DEMON!!" which was so untrue that it was insulting. However, he could not prove them right by attacking. Just keep going, no matter how much they make you want to kill them.

He soon found the three, facong some sort of....dragon thing? Whatever it was, it couldn't be good. The wyvern wolf landed with a slam, then craned his neck to the dragon thing. I would love to know what in Death's name is going on here. He growled, his eyes narrowing in on the creature.

((Eski, stop doing crap.

And what was Archas doing again?))

---(Avix/Evix)---

Avix, calm down please. The ice head commanded to his angry brother.

We need to go find Malfegor NOW!! If we keep sitting here like every other damn day we have spent here, we will NEVER find him!! Avix growled, then spurt fire at his brother head. Evix kept it back with ice, and the two stopped.

Fine fine, we shall search. The ice head finally agreed, then the two stepped outside and scanned the ground. Right there, in front of them....was a Reaper.

The reaper had a dark red cloak, with antlers poking out the hood and a tail peeping out the bottom. The tail had two prongs with a strange pattern, and the tail itself was blue. It held a small axe, and it shivered at the sight of the demon dragon. D-Demon... It whispered, slowly backing away and holding the axe up.

Avix laughed, went ahead and blasted flames at the Reaper. It rolled out of the way of the fire torrent and shouted something, making the axe grow as tall as it. Avix laughed and the two headed demon dragon advanced, preparing for combat.

---(???)---

The Reaper walked along the Centuar Camp ruins, whistling as he observed the battlefields. As he trotted, he spun his multi-handeled rapier on his finger and let his long tail drag. His tail had fur running along the top, and it was covered in small silver scales. Large antlers poked out of his hood, and bronze Western wings did as well. His whistle echoed through the battlefield as he walked, bored. Until a female voice rang in his head.

~Exus! I'm in trouble!~

~Hm? What now, Shima?~

~Demon! Super huge demon with two heads! One breathes fire, another breathes ice! IT IS A DRAGON!!~

~Is it one demon?~

~Sort of, but also two, with the heads. I need backup!~

~Sounds like you can handle the beast on your own. I will keep investigating the battlefield. Ta-Ta!~

~Wait, NO YO-~

*connection cutoff*

Finally...

Exus the Reaper kept going until he saw some....creature licking its wounds. Well then. A living soul on a battlefield alone. What a sight. He whistled louder as he headed towards the creature. Well hello there! Seems like you're alone here. I can fix that! *coo* He brushed a bit of fluff that always hung in his face out of the way and grinned, still spinning his weapon on his finger

暗眼

Something was walking through the tall grasses of the plains.

Well hello there! Seems like you're alone here. I can fix that! *coo*

Anyan raised his head at the jovial greeting to see a reaper with a few draconic aspects approach, spinning a rapier on a finger. How blatantly disregardful. However, he was not here with the intent to harm, so Anyan remained laying down. Perhaps he was here to gather souls, however the reapers used them now. Anyan knew that they were scattered, and some he had talked to had alerted him to something that happened to Death. None of the words were quite as explicit, but knowledge of the Truth was good for obtaining information.

"Greetings, reaper. And why are you here on this blighted battlefield? Here to collect the souls of the centaurs and demons?"

He swished his tail nearer to his head for getting some saliva on the tuft of hair so to clean his horn, awaiting a reply from the reaper.

Shidansu and Erin

Her heart beat faster (my heart, you mean) as Mal stirred slightly. He was still alive! Shindansu lowered her head and checked over him worriedly, heavy tail swishing slowly and some scales slightly flared upwards. He looked as if he had just crashed through heaven itself... Her mind was filled with doubts and worries, and the fact that Erin wasn't making any snide comments was also a worrying observation. Mal stirred again and seem to regain consciousness, causing Shidansu to gasp in a mix of surprise and happiness. Mal then said, though weakly:

"Sorry... if I do not look good. Had to beat Atherious's ass. And... it seems... I kept my promise."

"Yes.... You had. Now I believe that at least one branch of the queen's army will be in disarray, however temporary. You did well," Shidansu said this softly, almost soothingly. Well he die here? Will he die now? Just as they had been reunited?

.... We don't have any healing spells, but don't just stand there waiting for him to die, try and find something to cauterize his wounds or some way to stop the blood from flowing.

Shidansu blinked slowly, nodding her head. Yes... She had not been thinking logically....

"Stay strong, Mal. I am going hunting for any aid I may give to you," Shidansu murmured, then on impulse plucked off a sparkling blue scale and placed it beside Mal.

Metatron

Their words, writ onto the very air itself, shone like the sun for a brief moment before the shimmering letters disappeared and left a sword where the words were. They closed their hand on the grip and sighed with closed eyes. Yet another day of battle. Curse them all for not heeding Athena's words. The quill hovered near them, indecisive on following them to rewrite reality or stay behind to write their records. They decided, and the pen floated back into the room, tip carefully opening to a new page in the book of records.

((Archas was just hanging out, from what I recall.))

Shurgle

" There she is." Shurgle said almost absentmindedly, as Patience returned to them. Just in front of her was Eskirurius, and walking more calmly up to the group in front of those two was a creature that looked like a Reaper, but certainly didn't feel like one. Netekos and Natashi paused their argument to focus their attention on the newcomers.

" I would love to know what in Death's name is going on here." Eskirurius demanded. Netekos wordlessly bristled at the sight of the unknown creature before them, getting into a battle stance and letting his claws slide out wordlessly. Natashi edged up behind Shurgle, hoping she was small enough to simply be ignored should a fight break out. Shurgle, on the other hand, felt more calm that he had in a long time. The stranger was sandwiched between five Reapers! What could it possibly do?

Well... assuming they were all willing to fight. And he knew better than to count on Natashi for anything other than brains and support in a hostile situation.

" Why don't you ask that?" Netekos finally answered Esko's question. Shurgle could tell by the way he held himself that Netekos was truly alarmed by the stranger, for whatever reason. Maybe she was a Reaper, but had converted and become a traitor? Or maybe she was just a nosy mortal and Netekos didn't like being observed or spied on? Or maybe Netekos just had an out-of-control paranoia and all of this hostility was for nothing.

Nevertheless, Shurgle stood up with him, though he didn't assume a threatening stance.

" Let's see what it wants to say first?" He said, hoping to stall any violent emotions brewing within the Reaper. He wasn't about to participate in a pointless battle if it was all for naught.

Reevia approached them cautiously, using a calming method that she remembered from her training, she imagined a rippling pool of water, each angry though she had she dumped into the pool, it was so deep she couldn't see the bottom, and it was easy to imagine that the anger was just gone. Instinctively Reevia relaxed into the cocky, easy pace that had been her trademark in the city she had grown up in. Reevia was still worried, but any sane creature would be anxious when walking into a group of deadly, antagonized Reapers. Reevia cocked her head toward the dark brown cloak, where she heard him point out... Was he referring to her? Reevia heard a thump behind her and as she whirled around in surprise, her jaw hung open in awe.

Reevia had grown up around dragons all her life and as a part of the dragon kin herself had a deep respect them. They were the first, and Reevia couldn't image a creature as majestic as a dragon. This dragon was different though, for one, it was furry and had a strange wolf like head, the eyes glowed a strange green colour, and she found herself mesmerized by them.

"I would love to know what in Death's name is going on here." The dragon demanded, Reevia did not give him an answer instead turning to face her target. The Reaper wordlessly bristled at the sight of the her, getting into a battle stance and letting his claws slide out wordlessly. Reevia smiled, the Reaper was concerned about her, gratifying. The smallest Reaper edged up behind the brown cloaked one. Reevia did the math, the Reaper was smaller then the other, was uncomfortable, and was now trying to hide slightly behind another Reaper.

"Why don't you ask that?" Her target growled, Reevia frowned she was not an it! She hissed quickly through her teeth. When the brown cloaked one walked up toward her Reaper she could tell the true negotiator had shown himself.

"Let's see what it wants to say first?" He said, Reevia smiled, now was time to show herself as a perfectly polite Dracofari and capable of a calm conversation.

"I'm going to start by mentioning that I am not an it, I'm commingle referred to as a Dracofari, her, or Reevia" Reevia started "as for why I'm here, well that obvious since you've seen me before" she gave what she hoped was an embarrassed smile, "I... apologize for my actions and want to do this properly" Finally Reevia revealed her coup de grace, taking off her gauntlet she slapped again her Reaper's face "I challenge you to a duel!"

Edited by flame249

((Tired of waiting for Esko to post like he said he would.))

Netekos

Shurgle was astonished by the mort-er, Dracofari's behavior. What kind of creature had the guts to simply sidle up to a Trio and slap it in the face?! She had to be either part Trio or raised among demons to have that sort of demeanor.

What the heck was a Dracofari anyway? Why did they sound so familiar? He suddenly wondered. The being before him didn't look familiar. A humanoid, with dragon-like wings, scales, horns, and a tail, all of which were hidden underneath her cloak, revealed when she challenged Netekos. When she took off her gauntlet, Shurgle observed that she was bound by chains-not restrictive ones, which was puzzling, but magic ones.

Why was this Dracofari, who calls herself Reevia, bound with magic chains? Was she a caster? Shurgle racked his brain in an attempt to recall a Dracofari race, but he came up with nothing. She wasn't built much like a caster anyway, more like a fighter who used her natural claws for combat. But then again, Shurgle wasn't exactly what one would call a veteran Reaper. Someone like Balelash or Girthshard would know something about this peculiar mortal.

Reminded once again that they were looking for Balelash. He sighed, hoping they could leave soon to find their comrade. Petty quarrels and rivalry could be tended to later, when the pitiful group wasn't at a risk of being scattered once again by more important enemies.

Netekos obviously didn't care much about their mission right now though, or even Patience's and Eskirurius's arrival, and the confrontation had him at the breaking point. He was a ticking time bomb, and he had just exploded.

With a deafening shriek, he lunged at Reevia, claws extended into a tackle. Shurgle backed up nervously. He would either shred Reevia into millions of Dracofari pieces, or they'd be at it for hours!

" STOP!" Shurgle commanded, but Netekos was intent on ripping Reevia open with his claws, slashing and ripping the best he could, using his amazing speed and agility to his advantage, becoming a blur in an attempt to confuse his enemy. It would take a Reaper not afraid to jump into the middle of a battle to break them up. Natashi hid her face in her companion's cloak, trying to ignore the sounds of battle. " This is pointless." Shurgle muttered, daring to inch toward the combatants.

" I said stop! Fighting will get us nowhere!"

Abaddon Samael

Abaddon chuckled at the statement the Reaper made. He did not to fight the Reaper, so of course he wanted it to be friendly. Then he heard that he was permitted to speak. The demon in him wanted to slaughter that Reaper, but the human in him said no. Looking at the Reaper his left eye turned demonic.

"My name is Abaddon Samael. I can tell from the way you have been looking at me. That you wonder just what am I? Am I human or demon? To answer your wonder, I, am both. I am human tainted by the blood of a demon." said Abaddon humbly.

Something inside was telling him to friend this Reaper. Why? Why should he befriend this Reaper, but then it hit him. When he came through the portal, he remembered her looking around. He could offer to travel with the Reaper to protect her.

"Yes that would be a good idea. That way we can find out just what she is doing," hissed the demon voice with excitement.

Abaddon knew that was a good idea, but his skill is only at half. His swordsmanship is not with one sword, but with two. He needs another blade to wield. Then he remembered he needs to go back to the dwarves to collect his other blade. The White Dragon's Talon. With both talon blades in his possession, he the corruption will consume only half way. The black dragon talon represents his corruption, and the other his human. Walking up to the Reaper slowly he spoke these words.

"Instead of traveling alone, I could accompany you? And offer you my protection. I do not know why, but something is telling me to. Ever since I saw you I knew this was mere no meeting. If you choose to have me come with you. All I ask is that we see the dwarves, so that I may get my other blade. With it I will be able to protect you better. Again this if you choose to," stated Abaddon as he stopped in front of the Reaper.

He knew not what she might do, but at least he give it a shot. Holding out his hand he said this:

"What do you say?" asked Abaddon waiting for the Reaper's answer.

The demon was hoping she would agree to it, for he too wants to know what this reaper is doing.

Malfegor

Mal heard what Shidansu had spoken. He could tell and sense the worry that was in her heart. Now more than ever he to be strong, for they were just now only reunited. Knowing that he fought off death once, he could od it again. The first fight he had with Atherious left him in a similar state. He had to remind her of that fact, The fact that he can survive this. Then he saw her place the scale in front of him. Raising his front left arm, the one the was injured, and then gently placed it on the scale.

"Shidansu... remember I have been in a... situation like this before... no matter what happens... I will fight death. And I know just like before... you can help me... because I..." said Mal trying to reassure her, but he fell back asleep.

His energy was still to low for him to be talking, but he wanted to tell her his feelings. Before he passed out, again, he was close to telling her how he felt. Mal will not give up, for he still has to tell her what his what is still in his heart.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

((Now that I am back on iPad, lemme scrape a post))

---(Esko)---

A Dracofari?

What is that, and is it a demon? Who is this creature, to not think it is mortal but be of a mortal sounding race? It must be mortal, unless it is a converted Dracofari. Even so, what was it thinking to just walk up and challenge a Reaper? Nothing is stronger than the Trios, and it has been that way for years....but if something were strong enough to challenge the Trios, all hell could break loose! And not just in Hell!

His thoughts were cut off when Netekos seemed to take the challenge to the duel. Of all the things he could do, and he makes that petty decision? Something tells me that Netekos officially lost his mind. We have bigger things to do, and he fights this petty mortal?! He sighed and placed a few claws lightly on his face, thinking. In the distance, he coild hear poor Shurgle trying to get the fight to stop, but Esko had a feeling that it was too late. But he could at least get in the way.

Esko placed his giant and thick tail in their paths, in danger of being shredded by Netekos's fury. Netekos, have you lost your mind?! We have a mission here, and you stop to fight a being of little concern?? What is more important to you, finding Balelash who could be anywhere on the continent, or fighting somebody who any normal Dragon could burn to a crisp in seconds?! We are not gaining any time, LET'S GO!!

~~~~~~~

"Greetings, reaper. And why are you here on this blighted battlefield? Here to collect the souls of the centaurs and demons?"

Exus cocked his head to the side. He then shook his head and stopped spinning his blade, diving it into the ground and leaning on it. Not really. I mean, the Reapers have not much of a use for souls besides eating them, which....is against our code, you could say. He flashed a smile, which could barely be seen under his hood. Anyways, to answer the question bluntly, no I am not. I am sent here by my, er, companion to observe the battlefield and take notes. I have no clue why, but whatever. *coo* He brushed the fluff out of his face again.

~Exus! Can you read me?~

~Exus is not avalible. Please leave a message at the beep. BEEEP~

~Wait, NO-~

*connection cutoff*

~~~~~

He cut the connection off. Again.

Shima sighed heavily and watched every move the demon made. She needed that silly reaper RIGHT NOW and yet....she dodged a stream of ice, which made a pillar on the ground. No way could he be on a hot date, I don't think anybody could find him the least bit attractive. Though he probably thinks he is.

The demon snarled and attempted to crush her with his foot, and she rolled out of the way. The foot missed her barely, a horn just inches away from her claw. She needed to flee.

Just as she got up to run, the fire head blasted fire in a ring around them, making escape near impossible. How could she get out? She needed a plan, and fast. In the eyes of that demon, she looked tasty....

Reevia couldn't think, she couldn't hear, she couldn't smell, even her eletalasm, which usually whispered irritating thoughts like kill them all was silent, all her power, senses, even her conscious thought was cut off from the world, being poured into the battle. The only thing left was the fight.

And it was a good fight.

The fierce joy Reevia felt at this moment could be compared to nothing, the itch which had bothered her for so long was gone, her body and soul were not separate, and she didn't feel out of place or a stumbling fool. Her clawed hands, so inconvenient in places like markets, were now scythes of death ripping through the ground, her strange mix of a foot and a scaly claw, which usually clicked annoyingly on the ground and never seemed to be able to get a good grip were now digging into the earth, helping her stand her ground against the flurry of rage that she was fight.

dang Reevia thought with a smile this Reaper is good!

Her Reaper friend sped around her like a demented rabbit, seeking to confuse her with his speed. It was hard, but not impossible to pick him out as he ran. Reevia's skill was going to be put to the test here, whether she wanted it or not. Lunging into the blurs she ripped with her claws ferociously, whatever her elders said, Dracofari's could rip and tear same as any beast, and if she was 10% of the village as they said, she had as much, if more, experience with the real world as they did, and Reevia was pretty sure Dracofari's were made for battle.

Reevia's claws caught him once she was sure, but the Reaper was evasive, and for one scratch he gave her more then seven. It was rage inducing and Reevia really did not have the time to monitor her inhibitors at the time, if her inhibitors cracked in the middle of the battle Reevia might be forced by her eletalasm to kill this Reaper, or be killed by him.

She was interrupted by a large tail slamming front of her, she snarled in shock and anger

who would dare-

The dragon. She froze. Reevia wasn't completely sure she could take on a dragon. Reevia weighed her options and decided that it was best to wait this one out.

Edited by flame249

((Can't do an Ezix post right now... I seriously need to fix my sleep schedule.))

Shadow

" My name is Abaddon Samael. I can tell from the way you have been looking at me. That you wonder just what am I? Am I human or demon? To answer your wonder, I, am both. I am human tainted by the blood of a demon."

Knew it. I thought. He certainly was no mere human, but he was too weak to even be a demonic minion. So he is a human-demon convert, he just hasn't been fully converted yet. I wonder what demon infected him?

But I didn't voice my curiosity out loud, instead only saying:

" That explains the corruption."

I looked toward the abandoned church, wondering if my personal cult was waiting for me inside. They revered me, for whatever reason. I guess they had nothing better to look forward to than an angel of death in this blighted landscape. As if to answer my question, I spotted the dim glow of candlelight within the church's windows.

" Instead of traveling alone, I could accompany you?" Abbadon began. " -And offer you my protection. I do not know why, but something is telling me to. Ever since I saw you I knew this was mere no meeting. If you choose to have me come with you. All I ask is that we see the dwarves, so that I may get my other blade. With it I will be able to protect you better. Again this if you choose to... what do you say?" He held out a hand, and I stared at it, suppressing laughter. This being was asking for my permission for him to protect me? As if I needed protection. But the company certainly wouldn't hurt.

" You may accompany me." I said, not taking it. I briefly contemplated visiting my mini-cult first, but if Abbadon was near-defenseless without this other sword it would be rather pointless to drag him around with me. I knew with my memory, I could easily forget about his need for the extra blade. Hm... he must be a duel-wielder if he needed two swords. Well, if anyone was going to tag along behind me, they might as well be capable of defending themselves without me helping constantly. Then again, that Black Dragon's Talon is quite a powerful weapon... Well, if the cult meeting is a bit shorter today, than I might be able to get that over with before helping Abbadon find his extra sword. But it was ultimately up to him if he could wait or not.

Aw, drat. And I needed to tell that critter Kazul back at my fortress to deposit these souls for me.

I turned to him. " How long can you wait to get your blade? I have a few petty matters that need tending to. But if you cannot wait we can get your sword first."

Natashi

The fight was fierce, and the little Reaper briefly admired Eskirurius for shoving his huge tail in between the two combatants. Though Reevia seemed too pumped to stop, the tail provided an adequate barrier, even if it lasted briefly. And that brief moment gave Netekos just long enough to catch his breath from all of the running around. It also gave Eskirurius enough time to scold him.

" Netekos, have you lost your mind?! We have a mission here, and you stop to fight a being of little concern?? What is more important to you, finding Balelash who could be anywhere on the continent, or fighting somebody who any normal Dragon could burn to a crisp in seconds?! We are not gaining any time, LET'S GO!!"

" But... but..." But Netekos knew arguing was useless. What was on the line, his dignity? His pride? More like his capability to cool down! What was more important was finding Balelash! Natashi peaked out from behind Shurgle to watch the hostility, and could tell that her companion would charge into whomever kept attacking after this little peace had been restored. Netekos gave a final look at Esko's tail, and saw blood dripping from it-he hadn't stopped in time to avoid damage. He shrunk up a bit and assumed a defensive stance in case Reevia was too far gone to notice the change of situation.

" I can't fight." He muttered. " Need to save my strength."

" Well that's better." Shurgle said edgily. " Maybe you need a nap before you go shredding something into itty bitty pieces."

Netekos looked like he was about to argue, but simply kept silent. He had caused enough damage already.

Natashi stepped finally forward, feeling some of the tensions fade, and hoping to erase the last of them.

" Why don't we ask Reevia why she's so angry? She's shaking like a geyser about to explode over there!" She offered.

Edited by skwerl56767

((Mar crap))

"Ok, continue with your stop-acting-like-your-a-six-year-old lecture. So come at me." Talia slashed at a low branch of a tree.

"I wasn't- look. I don't want you getting killed. Brothers?" To this reply Talia sighed.

"Yes, I am a helpless 18 year old who can't do anything by herself. She needs her 20 year old brother to do everything for her, because she is his younger sister-"

"Well, you nearly could've gotten killed there-" Delsin stopped himself and instantly crouched down behind a tree, hand on the hilt of his sword.

"What now? Something- oh sh-" She was cut off as Delsin put a hand to her mouth and pulled her down. She pulled off his hand. "Who the heck are they?" She muttered, watching the fight scene of two people. She looked over and saw three other- things-

"How am I supposed to know? Don't suppose they're friendly-"

"You think they can see us?"

"I hope not."

Edited by SULDhasno

" Why don't we ask Reevia why she's so angry? She's shaking like a geyser about to explode over there!"

Reevia was shocked, she hadn't expected the tail, nor the offer the little Reaper offered her, would they actually listen? Reevia frowned, wistfully thinking back to the fight, wishing that she was right back into it, where everything was so simple, then she was painfully reminded of the many scratches all over her body and thought that it was probably for the best. Still, her reasons were pretty silly, seeing as this whole thing started because the Reaper shoved her and maybe kidnapped her, it might be easier to just runaway right now, fly somewhere private and never see another Reaper again.

But...

The entire thing, while angering, humiliating, and so emotionally effective that it almost shut down her inhibitors was fun, strange as it was to admit, and running away was a cowards choice. Reevia knew in her heart of hearts that right thing to do was explain so...

"HeshovedmereallyhardandpracticallykidnappedmesoIgotmadthenhecalledmeamortalwhilethreateningmesoItriedtofightbackandthenwealmostgotintoafightsoIfollowedhimwhenheleftand-" Reevia took a deep breath then continued "IchasedyouguyswhenheleftandyoucalledmeamortaltosoIgotreallymadbutwantedtomakethisatlestmakesenseandbechivalroussoIchallengehimtoadueland-" another breath "this happened" Panting Reevia smiled sheepishly at the Reapers in front of her before pointing dramatically at... Neketos? Yeah that was his name, saying loudly "this is all his fault*

*translation

He shoved me really hard and practically kidnapped me so I got mad back then he called me a mortal while threatening me so I tried to fight back and then we almost got into a fight so I followed him when he left and I chased you guys when he left and you called me a mortal to so I got really mad but wanted to make this at lest make sense and be chivalrous so I challenged him to a duel and this happened"

"Say what?" Talia asked as the dragon-like thing spoke.

"I have no idea. Something involving a duel of some sort. But, maybe... We should leave." Delsin suggested.

"What are those things called again? Um... Oh yeah, that's it, a whatever-you-call-it Reaper. And that thing... Nope, no idea what it is." Talia sighed.

"Look, I don't care what they are, though they probably are things capable of killing a human in seconds-"

"That means they haven't fought my 20 year old brother." Talia grinned.

"They have not. And I would like to keep it that way, so..." Delsin pointed from the tree back to the way they came. "Before they come over and kill us."

"Not really. I mean, the Reapers have not much of a use for souls besides eating them, which....is against our code, you could say."

"In my opinion, putting souls to use right now so that the reapers can strengthen themselves in light of heaven's unnatural silence is far better than letting them rest there," Anyan said as he looked up from cleaning his scales. His eyes flicked to the reaper's face and noted the smile that was gone as quickly as it had came. There was no malice that he could see, and the reaper started to speak again, so Anyan decided that he was not a threat at the moment.

"Anyways, to answer the question bluntly, no I am not. I am sent here by my, er, companion to observe the battlefield and take notes. I have no clue why, but whatever. *coo*"

Hmm. A companion? There was something odd in the reaper's tone, suggesting someone closer than a mere companion, though not of a love. Anyan finished cleaning his scales, rose to his feet, and stretched, but always kept his eyes open. He flicked his tail over in the direction of a nearby hill, then said:

"What remains of the centaurs are all gathered at the hill there. The demons seemed to have mostly all fled or have been taken back to their queen. The corpses you see here are those that did not." Anyan closed his eyes for the briefest of moments. "I have no inkling of how this information may be of use to you, but this squad of demons were not routed completely by me. There was a strange wolf-riding girl that had incredible, almost angelic, power, while their main berserker"--here Anyan pointed to the giant burnt pile of what might have once been meat and bone--"as well as several of the other demons, were destroyed when a demon dragon, believe it or not, blew a swath of hellfire into their midst. Not only that, but they were laughing at him for questioning their actions moments previous."

This said, Anyan gave a "bow" to the reaper. "Farewell. I need to be leaving, I have tarried long enough to participate in the skirmish."

Ezix

The minotaur yawned, leaning back in the leaf hammock.

So these natives aren't so bad. He thought. It turns out, after much furious deciphering from the Ka-Thot, and some navigating through a dark muddy tunnel, that these people worshiped equine gods-that included bulls. And they thought of him as some kind of god, consistently bowing whenever they saw him and giving him anything he asked for. It was quite a drastic change from standing in a swamp to being treated like a deity.

But the Ka-Thot wasn't treated so well. Partly because serpents represented evil gods in this culture, and partly because he was still sour from having a black leech right between his shoulder blades. And Ezix kept it there for good reason.

” Any news?” Ezix yawned again as the Ka-Thot returned to him. He had purposefully used his demonic voice to encourage his foolish worshipers to believe in him. The Ka-Thot frowned. ” Well, aren't you just a patch of sunshine.”

“ The natives have no idea how to get into the Dark Harbor. And, sorry old friend, but I'm no longer helping you. A lovely tree removed the leech for me, and I'm going home.”

Home? Ezix growled, sitting up so fast that his worshipers backed up a bit.

“ Yes. Home.” The Ka-Thot glared. “ These people love you, why don't you get a guide from them?”

” I would never do that to my poor disciples. And remember, you're the evil serpent who killed Nu-Thwayea?” Ezix mocked.

“ Oh please, the most I've killed is an anaconda for food!” The Ka-Thot snapped. “ I'm leaving!”

He turned to slither away, but Ezix didn't have to try and catch him. The natives believed he had brought him, an Underworld creature, to the people for very specific reasons, and they wouldn't leave the serpentine being alone. It only took a few nets, plenty of shouting, and binding ropes to tie him up so he couldn't escape-that included wrapping the tail around the creature and putting the end in his mouth in a sort of figure eight so he couldn't break free. The dark natives finished their successful capture by dragging the Ka-Thot back to Ezix.

” You're taking me to Dark Harbor.” Ezix stated with a voice of authority. ” And that's final.”

The Ka-Thot didn't say anything-he couldn't anyway, considering his own tail was stuffed in his muzzle as a sort of gag. The convert minotaur simply gave his worshipers a nod, and they brought the tail out-as a result, the angry Ka-Thot snapped at their hand and didn't make relations any better.

” Bring. Take to Dark Harbor.” Ezix told one of his servants.

“ Yu len Dark Harbor...” The native mumbled.

” Then find it!” Ezix snapped. The servant just nodded numbly and ran off. The convert frowned when his fake leg started itching at the flesh-metal joint again. It's been itching a lot lately... hopefully he didn't miss his deadline?

Must be this darned swamp. Ezix dismissed it, but there was the nagging reminder that the Queen of Thorns never said there was a deadline. “ Soon” was all she said. Just “soon”.

How soon was “soon”?

When Ezix gave the order, the supposed path to the Dark Harbor was much more easily found. One of the elders recalled a sort of ancient trail that led to the mouth of a small cave. The cave had a floating nucac, or stone-scroll, that revealed the harbor once deciphered. Ezix was incredulous about following an old woman's advice, but it was the best lead he had right now.

” We go now.” Ezix ordered. ” She lead. Take that with.” He pointed at the elder and the Ka-Thot respectively, and the natives were quick to respond, shoving the latter into a cage and carrying him with poles while everyone else prepared for the journey. Ezix guessed it wasn't unusual for the people as a whole to travel with their deities.

Well, not like he cared anyway. He was just glad to have something to follow for once that wasn't a blundering serpent-being. Maybe they'll actually get somewhere decent this time.

((I think I'll wait for Esko/Mousie before posting the part up in Skygiant's again.))

???

” BORING!” A Reaper yawned. ” Let's do something exciting!

His companion turned to glare at him- a Reaper with quite a few horns jutting from some strange places, including the shoulders and base of his tail. He also had an impressive rack of them on his head that not even his cloak could conceal.

” We're hiking up a mountain, and you want to do something exciting? He rumbled incredulously.

” We need Exus here, he can tell some good jokes.” The smaller of the two said without a care to his companion's last comment. The horned one sighed and scaled another boulder. ” Hey, you think they're still chasing us?”

” Oh please, two figures with long cloaks, indistinguishable facial features, and dark colors, running up a mountain with sides brighter than the sun, being chased by demons? What, you suffering heat stroke or something?”

” You're right. Hey, maybe we can stop for some tomato souls!”

” We can't collect plant souls...” His companion grumbled. ” And again, mountain!

The two finally paused to rest on a jutting outcrop, the pale yellow rock and brightening sky making them more obvious than they wanted. Scaling up to the Sun Temple was a bad idea... but who would have guessed that the King of Light would allow his temple to be devoured by the Queen of Thorns' numerous troops?

Ketel and Jaegar didn't.

Well, they were already up there. And they might as well make the most of it.

“ Remember; we get to the temple, speak to any angels hanging out up there, and get out. We need to know what's going on-Salamander's Fountain has never spewed lava before.” Jaegar repeated yet again.

” Yeah yeah; boring.” Ketel said, his three odd tails swishing in the breeze. ” I mean, angels just don't understand the meaning of excitement, you know? They just drawl on and on... Hey, where are you going?” Jaegar had ignored him and started climbing again.

” That group down there? They're getting closer-unless you want to be tortured and converted for life, I suggest we haul out of here.”

” Oh.” Ketel got up and swiftly pursued his companion.

Being tortured sounded like no fun.

Edited by skwerl56767

---(Eskirurius)---

He shoved me really hard and practically kidnapped me so I got mad back then he called me a mortal while threatening me so I tried to fight back and then we almost got into a fight so I followed him when he left and I chased you guys when he left and you called me a mortal to so I got really mad but wanted to make this at lest make sense and be chivalrous so I challenged him to a duel and this happened. This is all his fault

Eskirurius sighed. How peculiar. This mortal was trying to blame Netekos! It made him almost laugh, but he had the decency to keep it in. He looked at his tail- which was now shredded. What is black and white with red all over? My tail. Looking back at the Dracofari, he began to speak.

His fault? Does not sound so. To me, it sounds like you became angry extremely quick and tried to look cool by challenging him. And you ARE a mortal, unless you are a Trio. Though, before I decide whos' fault it is, may I hear Netekos' side of the story? He inquired, swishing his tail slolwy.

---(Exus)---

He sighed.

"What remains of the centaurs are all gathered at the hill there. The demons seemed to have mostly all fled or have been taken back to their queen. The corpses you see here are those that did not. I have no inkling of how this information may be of use to you, but this squad of demons were not routed completely by me. There was a strange wolf-riding girl that had incredible, almost angelic, power, while their main berserker"--here it pointed to the giant burnt pile of what might have once been meat and bone--"as well as several of the other demons, were destroyed when a demon dragon, believe it or not, blew a swath of hellfire into their midst. Not only that, but they were laughing at him for questioning their actions moments previous."

Exus gave a little huh. Thanks for the info. My companion will like this. He took out a notebook and scribbled in it, but stopped when the creature started to leave.

Wait. I have no clue where my companion is, and they are not returning for a while, so I need somebody to keep company. Mind if I travel with you for a while? The Reaper offered, his grin returning once again

"I dunno, sounds like a good reason to me. If I was harassed just for watching, and then called an 'it', and then called a mortal, which can be an insult to immortals, I'd probably want to scratch the fur off his face too," a voice from above said. It belonged to Patience, who had scampered up a stout tree to get away from the fight. "After all, I'm pretty sure you'd be mad if you were called a mortal," she snorted. "And even if she's ​not​ immortal, if she wants to be called immortal, I'll respect her wish. Besides, it'll probably keep me from ending up like your tail." She snorted and jumped from her perch, landing near Eskirius with a soft thump. "I'd rather be her friend than her enemy. Plus, I kinda stay away from other Reapers." She winced at looking at his tail, shredded from Neketos's slow reaction. Her own tail twitched.

((Alright, so, I got stuck. Gonna post this now, Blade can yell at me for shortness later. I have summer class!))

((Eh, I'll yell at you for shortness now.))

Shurgle

Kidnapped? What? what was this creature thinking!? I merely began to interrogate her! Netekos was outraged. He would give her another scar to think about if Eskirurius hadn't stepped in between them.

" His fault?" Esko had mused. " Does not sound so. To me, it sounds like you became angry extremely quick and tried to look cool by challenging him. And you ARE a mortal, unless you are a Trio. Though, before I decide whos' fault it is, may I hear Netekos' side of the story?"

" My side of the story?" Netekos sputtered.

" I dunno, sounds like a good reason to me." Patience spoke up. " If I was harassed just for watching, and then called an 'it', and then called a mortal, which can be an insult to immortals, I'd probably want to scratch the fur off his face too."

" But wouldn't 'it' be appropriate since we don't kn-OW!" Shurgle was interrupted by a swift kick from Natashi.

" It sounds rude, that's what." She pointed out.

" Demons are flooding the continent and we're concerned about what's rude??" Shurgle muttered. Patience had jumped down from the tree, still speaking.

"-I'd rather be her friend than her enemy. Plus, I kinda stay away from other Reapers."

" Friends." Netekos scoffed. " With a mortal. We don't know who's side she's on!" He glared accusingly at Reevia. " She was spying on us! Who says that isn't weird? Especially during these times?"

" He has a point..." Natashi said, strung between decisions. Shurgle was more confident on the issue.

" I agree with Netekos-we're getting more and more attention, and it's getting weirder and weirder. Okay, maybe we're paranoid, but being afraid of wind rustling the grass is a better survival trait than ignoring it, and it turns out to be a predator." He crossed his arms. " Let's be safe instead of sorry."

" Well that took you a while." Netekos grumbled.

" I agree but disagree. It wasn't right for Netekos to accept Reevia's challenge."

" Oh please! I like I would run away after that?" His tail lashed so hard he almost knocked himself over. " I'm tired of this. Let's leave, find Balelash, do whatever the heck we're supposed to do, fix the world, I don't care-as long as she is far away from us. And that other mortal that came out of nowhere. And every other mortal!!"

Finally done raging, Netekos turned and stomped to the edge of the island, glaring out over it. Natashi stared after him. Shurgle sighed.

" Well, this was all rather pointless, wasn't it? While he's pouting, why don't we figure out something more productive?" And keep an eye on her. He added to himself, watching Reevia. Relations weren't going to get better if he didn't trust her, he knew that, but he also knew better than to turn his back on something suspicious.

Just watch her for a little while. That's it. If she leaves, she leaves. If she comes with, she comes with. Actions make the creature.

Natashi scuffed the ground. " Now what?" She mumbled.

Patience scoffed. "Better than being friends with Reapers." Patience had a history with them before she had been converted, and hated seeing them after. "Besides, who's to say no one else was watching us? You know what else is weird? A group of Reapers storming the Star Temple! Maybe she was curious on what a group of them was doing at a mortal-filled place after one of them went rogue and started killing people for her own pleasure! And oh, you're the ones who trained her!" Patience narrowed her dark eyes. "Besides, mortal or not, anything is better than Reapers." She crossed her arms. "I told you which direction your precious Baleash went. I don't need to follow you there." She extended her wings, shooting off southeast.

Patience grumbled, flying alone as far as she could get from the group. "I knew I was getting into trouble when I engaged with Reapers..." She shook her head, remembering back when she was stolen from life by one of them. It hadn't been her time to die... She was only a seven-year-old child, taken from her life back when she lived in Rinstead. The child had encountered a rogue Reaper -oh, you thought Shadow was the first of her kind?- that took her from life. A newly-converted Reaper found a rogue right after it killed her. The rogue, having no use for the kit's soul, other than more power, gave the other Reaper the soul in exchange for not revealing his location to Death. The loyal Reaper obliged, taking the soul and returning to Death. He gave Death the soul, as well as double-crossing the rogue and revealing his location. Patience sighed. Death had empathetic with her, giving her a Reaper form. That was the gist of her story, anyway...

((Hey, it was two paragraphs this time! AMAZING! Also I need to mess with her history more! Oh well, I'll mess with it later! She's heading for the Metals, btw))

During the Reapers little spat Reevia sighed, maybe she overreacted yes, probably could have left before anyone got hurt, but when your literally itching for a fight, and have a little raging demon inside of you trying to get you to kill everything in sight, getting angry is pretty much the default response to everything. The dragon may have been at least slightly right, but it felt better to have a excuse, even though she probably could've avoided this whole fiasco if she were better at holding her temper. Lifting her head as the Reaper spoke, she growled under her breath. It seemed that Neketos yes! of course that was his name! was going to accuse her of something.

"Friends." scoffed Neketos "With a mortal. We don't know who's side she's on!" He glared accusingly at Reevia. " She was spying on us!" Hey! I wasn't not spying I was concerned by a large amount of Reapers entering Star temple! "Who says that isn't weird? Especially during these times?"

Reevia snorted, it was all about sides to them, whether you were on his side or her side or if you had grown up in the nice side of life, the world is to complicated to act like that, the war was slaughter, who cared who's side a murders on when their slaughtering your family and friends, your going to try and stop them, even if they had good intentions or reasons to do so. The demons were of course being murders of both body and soul and so she'd try and stop them, no strange attachment to a side there, she'd do the same thing to anything that tried to hurt family or friends, and especially herself. Case in point with this Reaper situation, Reaper attacks her and pulls her into the forest, she defends herself and her honour afterward. No sides there, just her and this Neketos clawing at each other savagely, maybe not eloquent, but it was true.

"Better than being friends with Reapers." Reega perked up, while the Reapers had continued the little argument a winged Reaper spoke up, the same one who respected her decision to be referred to as immortal! "Besides, who's to say no one else was watching us? You know what else is weird? A group of Reapers storming the Star Temple! Maybe she was curious on what a group of them was doing at a mortal-filled place after one of them went rogue and started killing people for her own pleasure! And oh, you're the ones who trained her!" the rogue killer reaper was new but Reevia had to store that tid bit of info for later as her saving grace continued "Besides, mortal or not, anything is better than Reapers." whoever it was crossed their arms "I told you which direction your precious Baleash went. I don't need to follow you there." the Reaper then shot off southeastward unfortunately, Reevia would have liked to properly meet her.

" Wow, did you get sassed by your own ally?" Reevia was never one to remain silent "that must be a new low for you, she was right though, and now that Reaper is officially awesome in most regards" she struggled against the grin breaking out on her face. Reevia spun around just to catch the brown cloaked Reaper stealing a glance at her, the grin won the battle after that and she made her decision. " as much as would love to hang out with your friend she's gone now and since I need a little help anyways I would like to go with you, no matter what this 'Nekotos'" she purposely got his name wrong, just to provoke him "thinks about me, besides, you maybe my only hope" taking off her gauntlets she revealed her inhibitors " these are inhibitors, any idea how to break 'em?"

(behold the pop induced post!)

((Yeah two paragraphs! That's the best kind of paragraph. Should one of the Metals see her coming, or are you going to do a post first?

Hah, Netekos and Reevia are going to have so much fun together. xd.png))

Natashi

The little Reaper winced as Patience snappily brought back memories of Shadow.

You're the ones who trained her... Yes, it was true. Shadow was fun. A little weird. Loyal and funny. Fierce and stubborn when it came to fights. And smart in some of the strangest fields. She didn't seem like the type of creature to suddenly go off on her own the way she did, and her own mentors were some of the least who expected it.

Conversations continued. Tensions relaxed, but didn't fade. Natashi was oblivious to the scenario, too busy reliving the past.

Shadow, practically dwarfed by Death herself. Reapers all around, hissing and gasping in shock.

" Yes. I do take my own souls."

A wave of shame and guilt. A flurry of anger and horror.

" You take your own souls?"

" Absolutely nothing." Shurgle said dryly. His voice cut straight through Natashi's thoughts, and she looked up, startled. Huh? What just happened? " If you want your inhibitors to be broken,-" He narrowed his eyes, staring at the runes on them, "-judging by the writing, I say Reapers have no power over them. Sorry lady, no luck." He then turned went back to Netekos-probably to sort out problems on his end.

Shurgle was the type of guy to take everyone's word with a grain of salt and make his own observations in order to pick sides. Natashi wasn't sure who's side he was on, if he even saw sides to pick. She always tried to stay neutral-she was sympathetic enough to feel bad for causing any strained relationships. So she turned to Reevia.

" If you're coming with us, please don't provoke Netekos. Things are hard enough as is, dodging demons and all." She tried to keep her tone light so she didn't sound like she was getting after Reevia. There had to be a reason why she was this way, right? It was clear enough that she and Netekos just don't mix...

They mix about as well as cranberries and peanut butter. Shadow's voice suddenly popped into her head. Note to self: Chocolate plus peanut butter, good. Chocolate plus cranberries, also good. But peanut butter and cranberries, not so good. No milkshakes in the future.

Get out of my head. Natashi gave a rough shake of her head, though she couldn't help but laugh at that memory. What happened to the old Shadow?

" Eskirurius, Netekos, Shurgle and I have been thinking about splitting up to search the eastern lands. Chances are Balelash is out there somewhere." She paused, looking on the ground for the map they had drawn while planning. She found it, but it was scuffed and smudged beyond recognition from the earlier skirmish. She tried to clear it up a bit more, but her drawing skills weren't quite up to par. She pointed to the pathetic scribble, waving Shurgle and Netekos back over. They came... reluctantly. Natashi could still feel the immense waves of anger coming from the latter, but he kept his focus off of Reevia like he didn't believe she existed. She stifled a sigh and continued.

" We have Darksky, Winterscreech, the Sands of Time, and Dragonscar to search. Maybe Raptor Archipelago if we're desperate. There are five of us. We're thinking each of us should split up and search an area best suited to our abilities, and rendezvous somewhere in the middle like uh... here." She pointed roughly to the area the House of Cards sat. " If we're going with this plan, we should all choose suitable areas, including Reevia." Netekos's tail twitched just a bit.

" I'm going to the Sands of Time." He claimed. Natashi paused to study him-though Reapers can't see other Reaper's expressions any better than other creatures, she wondered if he purposefully chose the Sands because he knew the storms there were so severe, wings could be ripped to tatters? Reevia had wings, was he hoping to get as far away from her as possible?

Again, Shurgle interrupted her train of thought. " Are we really even sure this is wise? I mean, if I was a ruler of the Underworld, I would use a temple erected in my honor as a portal, and the Temple of Flux is in Winterscreech. Half, if not more, of those territories might belong to the Queen of Thorns."

" We'll... just have to hope for the best, I guess..." Natashi said lamely. Shurgle shot her a disapproving look, and she wilted. They all knew hoping for the best was never good enough.

" Darksky." He said, as though that brief moment didn't happen. " I can work with the trees there, and Natashi is coming with me; she didn't invest her souls in self-defense." He looked at Reevia and Eskirurius expectantly. " That leaves Winterscreech and Dragonscar, two of the most inhospitable places right now. I think you guys are up to the tasks."

Jaegar

They had finally reached the summit. High winds usually uninterrupted in their travels whipped around them, biting at the bright yellow rock that made up the top of the mountain; the highest place in the world. Unlike many mountains, the summit of Salamander's Fountain was a natural flat top, and upon this the resplendent Sun Temple was built. A gorgeous mix of the purest stones, hewn from the mountain itself, formed the impressive temple from the ground up. Statues of holy creatures littered it, etching and writing from holy manuscripts embroidered edges, corners, and columns. Things that weren't white were gold, if they weren't gold they were a cheaper bronze. Heaven didn't care about wealth, but they sure knew how to be spectacular.

Unfortunately, this huge masterpiece was swarming with the exact opposite of beauty and purity. The Queen of Thorns had quite a literal hold on the place; thorny tendrils thicker around than tree trunks enveloped the temple, each of the thickest stems erupting from corrupted ground, a sign that portals existed. Demons of all ranks bustled about, but only on the outside.

" Greekar! Jang-gung! Too stable!" A scratchy voice erupted from the building's front facade. Jaegar ducked his Reaper companion behind a rock in the nick of time as a strange arachnid horror shuffled past, shouting something back in the gnarly language.

" They have taken over the temple..." Ketel whispered in disbelief. Jaegar said nothing, focusing on the facade to his right.

" That must be the entrance." He said quietly. " 'Too stable'... They must be trying to break in."

" A barricade? You think there really are angels in there still?"

Jaegar said nothing, waiting for the perfect opportunity to get closer. Wait for it... now! The demons had their backs turned, focusing on the main gates. The Reaper nudged his companion and stood slowly from their cover behind the boulder, sneaking behind a statue of a gryphon for a closer look.

The poor gryphon statue had his head cut off, providing a good view of the gates. Such splendor! It was amazing how immaculate they were, engraved in carvings showing angels and their ruler, the King of Light, saving mortal lives from the greedy hands of the Queen. But the majestic carvings were about to get smashed in.

" Is that a battering ram?!"

" Keep your voice down!"

" Kargnar! Steady..." The arachnid demon they had seen before was guiding the battering ram to the huge gates of the temple. The two ogres pushing it grunted and snorted from effort-the ram itself was quite literally a ram's head, forged entirely out of iron. Its blunt nose had a heavier, darker metal covering it. Demons backed away from the gates anxiously.

" I feel bad for those guys. They had to haul that up a mountain." Jaegar looked at Ketel. He had quivered just a bit; he was obviously trying to stay relaxed.

Hard to do that when you're about to see the gates to Heaven's door smashed in by demons. Jaegar tried to focus on their goal, pushing images of scattered angels from his mind.

Angels don't scatter. That's just... wrong.

" Gentarr!" The arachnid bellowed. The ogres heaved up the battering ram, then pushed it with all of their might.

BOOOM! The sound waves were immense! Hundred of cracks appeared on the surface of the closed gates. An unlucky cherub carving had a protruding wing smashed to smithereens. Jaegar could barely watch. Reapers may be neutral, but you just had to like Heaven. Everyone there was nice, not cruel and arrogant like demons. For pity sake, they were so nice, they cut said demons some slack!

" We have to get in there." Jaegar said, as the next earth-shaking boom rang out.

" How?! They're going to blow my ears of first!" Ketel complained. " And if they're forced to bust the doors down, how to we expect better luck with a different entrance?"

" Easy: we're not demons. Follow me." Jaegar emerged from their hiding place and skulked back around to the back of the temple. Ketel followed, nervously throwing glances over his shoulder and shuddering as the next impact literally rattled a column to pieces.

Jaegar hugged the temple's outer walls, running his hands over them like a mountain climber trying to find a good handhold. Even around to the back of the temple, where there didn't seem to be any demons, the blows to the gates were loud and unsettling, like a final bad omen. Jaegar finally stopped, and his claws sunk into a miniscule crevice in the wall. It had a very definite shape, like it was cut there on purpose.

" What are you doing?" Ketel wondered aloud. His partner didn't answer, pushing his claws in further and giving them a bit of a twist. The wall in front of him glowed with a strange symbol, and Ketel took a step back.

A secret entrance? Where did Jaegar learn about that?!

The taller Reaper glanced at him warningly. " If there are angels in here, they'll be ready for battle. Surprising them wouldn't be a smart idea. And we're coming in through and unexpected entrance."

" You can say that again." Ketel sniffed. " I'm ready."

Jaegar paused again. Held his breath. And opened the secret door.

((Apologies for cliff hanger, I'm super tired. I might edit in the rest if no one posts by then. tongue.gif))

Edited by skwerl56767

"If you're coming with us, please don't provoke Netekos. Things are hard enough as is, dodging demons and all." Reevia sighed, but nodded, it seemed that things were going to get a little impossible pretty soon. She had been tempted to shoot some rude comment at her, but seeing as she got in this situation because of her temper she would try to avoid being rude to these Reapers. Neketos may have some fun poked at him at a safe distance but that was all, their problems seem legitimate and it wouldn't be nice at all to be treated like the jerk who can't do anything but be a pain. Besides, she was to depressed about not getting anymore information about her inhibitors to work up a devious mode.

" no provoking Netekos? Fine, no promises about him not getting angry though" Reevia forced a grin before realizing that the Reaper had drifted off into a slight daze, she frowned in concern, had she said something? Suddenly the Reaper spoke up again and she resigned herself to worry about it later, when she heard the small giggle though Reevia became curious, what exactly had the Reaper been thinking about? mental note: ask about that later.

"Eskirurius, Netekos, Shurgle and I have been thinking about splitting up to search the eastern lands. Chances are Balelash is out there somewhere." Reevia looked as the Reaper peered at a scuffled up map drawn on the ground, it was completely ruined by foot marks and scratches, Reevia felt a pang as she realized that it was her and Neketos' fight that ruined it. Sighing she watched as the Reaper struggled to fix the picture and point at it while she called the others over.

Alright, so the short brown one is Shurgle, I know who Neketos is, and Eskirurius is the dragon Reaper, easy enough

"We have Darksky, Winterscreech, the Sands of Time, and Dragonscar to search. Maybe Raptor Archipelago if we're desperate. There are five of us. We're thinking each of us should split up and search an area best suited to our abilities, and rendezvous somewhere in the middle like uh... here." She pointed roughly to the area the House of Cards sat. "If we're going with this plan, we should all choose suitable areas, including Reevia." Reevia herself started, did she say Dragonscar?

" I'm going to the Sands of Time." Neketos claimed. Reevia frowned, was he trying to escape any chance of her following him? probably thought that she was a traitor. However Shurgle interrupted with some concerns about splitting up

"Are we really even sure this is wise? I mean, if I was a ruler of the Underworld, I would use a temple erected in my honor as a portal, and the Temple of Flux is in Winterscreech. Half, if not more, of those territories might belong to the Queen of Thorns."

"We'll... just have to hope for the best, I guess..." Natashi said lamely. Reevia sighed, hoping never seemed to work "Darksky." Shurgle answered anyway " I can work with the trees there, and Natashi is coming with me; she didn't invest her souls in self-defence." He looked at Reevia and Eskirurius expectantly. "That leaves Winterscreech and Dragonscar, two of the most inhospitable places right now. I think you guys are up to the tasks."

"Dragonscar" Reevia responded quickly " I know that place like the back of my hand, and I'm used to the heat and smog" and I can see my old city again she added in her head, it would only take off a few days, she could say that she got held up by a smoke storm or something. If the Reapers had no idea what the inhibitors were, then the only place she could get some answers were the elders.

Edited by flame249