Naraku

Splatoon

I'm used with most new maps, but Hammerhead Bridge kinda irks me with all the grates. dry.gif

Sooo... Ninjas or Pirates? Zombies or Ghosts? I would side with the pirates and ghosts.

Edited by JolteonTails

Oh wow this thread has been quiet, but I got Splatoon for Christmas! I really like the chargers, but the brushes are very tricky things (and the kraken oh my god I can't use it at all).

Hope you have a lot of fun on Splatoon! I recommend clearing Octo Valley (single player) first, to get used to controls and stuffs, before jumping into online battles.

I'm on a huge losing spree right now. I dropped all way from A+ 70 to B+ 19. I was so close to getting S rank!! I'm a raging, salty squid. mad.gif

Edited by JolteonTails

#TeamCallie repping~

Gonna have to take part in this one.

(Admittedly they're both amazing, but Callie's a liiiittle more my style)

Gentle bump for the DLC. I enjoyed the Octo Expansion immensely. For anyone wondering if it's worth 20 bucks, it is indeed worth it imo.

A spoiler-free short summary: You, as an Octoling, will complete missions with various objectives at stations (80 missions, plus some hidden additional missions). Most of the missions are (far) more challenging than the single player mode. You'll meet characters never seen on the surface. There's more to everything than meets the eyes...

If you have already completed the DLC, feel free to share your experiences and thoughts inside the spoiler box. :) 

go no pulp orange juice

The DLC is fun. I played the first splatoon, but wasn't able to play the second till my bro bought a switch. 

Some of the Octo levels are so hard. Last night, I burned through 5000+ CQ points on the Ink N' Slide level. I had to actually switch it off (eyy that pun) for a bit cause I thought I was gonna throw the controller lol. 

Should you finish regular story mode before playing the expansion?

But seriously though,  PULP FO LYFE

Edited by Chatdweeb

rip 5,000 points, that's a lot.

I don't think you have to clear the main storyline first (either Splatoon 1 or 2) before doing the DLC storyline, but I would recommend it anyway (for some knowledge of the lore, as well as practice if new to the game).

5000 points?  I burned through about 16,000 on Ink & Watch Station (it requires perfect aim and timing and quite a bit of skill with a roller which I'm not really practiced with).  It didn't help that it was one of the 2000 point stations on the light pink line (easily the hardest train line).  Regardless, I 100% beat the Octo Expansion yesterday!  : D  There were plenty of points where I was frustrated to the point of throwing my controller too, but I loved the story.  And actually getting to see Cap'n Cuttlefish was great since I never had the chance to get a WiiU and thus never played the original Splatoon (money problems suck).

Personally, I would not only complete the original single player mode before starting the Octo Expansion, but also get a few weeks of practice in multiplayer, both in turf war matches and Salmon Run, so that you can get a lot of practice in, especially for the areas where you fight other Octolings (Girl Power station *shudder*).  When I started playing Splatoon 2, the single player mode was so hard for me, but after beating it and playing through the multiplayer for a while, I came back and it was really easy.  The Octo Expansion, however has it's difficulty all over the place.  Just for some perspective, some of the areas are so hard that a friend of mine who's ranked S+0 called them brutal.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

I have finally (well, finally - it's been out for what, 3 days? I got it the day it was released) completed the bare minimum to get through Octo Expansion. Super excited to play as an Octoling!

I don't know about every stage, but some were really, really hard - although I'm semi-proud to say I only skipped two. (Would have preferred to skip none but once I've failed a handful of times I stress out that I might lose all my CQ points.)

Gotta go back and 100% it all, of course, and I still have two Sunken Scrolls to find (level 25 and Cephalon HQ), plus I need to get all the upgrades in the main mode to call that 100% and I've challenged myself to beat every boss with every weapon. So still plenty of gameplay to enjoy!

(Also TEAM PULP FTW!!! Not that I personally mind that much OJ is great either way)

Actually, you can't really run out of CQ points.  If you run out Pearl just borrows some money from her wealthy father to buy you some more.  Most likely you have to grind CQ points back up from there.

I googled it a while ago, but it still stresses me out for some reason XD

Yeah. I more than understand.  When I was on Ink & Watch station, burning 2000 points every time I failed to destroy all the boxes with the limited ink, got knocked off the platform and/or got splatted by the Octosweepers five times, I seriously began to freak out about losing all of my points.  Even though I knew Peal wouldn't let me lose them all, it still caused me to panic.  Imagine my surprise when, on my last 2000 points, I took out five boxes in one hit on my next to last attack, leaving me with only a relatively easy two boxes to destroy.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

I was nervous what would happen if I lost all of my points, so I grinded at an easy spot for a bit. Next I focused on the cheapest stations, working up from there. I intended to look up what would happen if all points were lost, but didn't at first because I was trying to avoid all spoilers. I thought the player would have to start over from the beginning, haha... I finished the DLC a while ago already ("100%", except weapon completion for all stations), I just kinda forgot about it until I learned about it through this thread. :P 

I’ve been with Splatoon ever since the first test fire for the first game. Fell in love with it immediately. Such a dark game for looking so friendly to the naked eye, I have 100% completed the first and 1000% completed the 2nd game (+ octo expansion). I am eagerly and impatiently waiting for the 3rd game to release next year. I could talk about this game for hours. Do not tempt me to make a thread analyzing the lore lawl

On 3/17/2021 at 11:41 AM, zombiepond said:

I’ve been with Splatoon ever since the first test fire for the first game. Fell in love with it immediately. Such a dark game for looking so friendly to the naked eye, I have 100% completed the first and 1000% completed the 2nd game (+ octo expansion). I am eagerly and impatiently waiting for the 3rd game to release next year. I could talk about this game for hours. Do not tempt me to make a thread analyzing the lore lawl

Didn't expect to see posts that I don't remember typing from my 14-15 year old self when checking this thread..

I fell in love with this before I even owned it, it just looked so fun to play. I actually remember watching people play it way back in 2015 all the time. At one point someone unlocked Dynamo Rollers, and I can recall thinking "wow, those look like a fun and powerful weapon". Guess what weapon I ended up finding the most fun to use when I eventually got the game? The brushes, buckets and other rollers were also pretty fun weapons, but I always went back to the Dynamos every time.

The story was indeed surprisingly dark, which is one aspect that made me love the game even more. Unlocking the scrolls in single player and finding out more about the world's backstory was pretty nice. (They were scrolls, right? Forgive me, it's been quite a few years.)

I was anything but the best at this game, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. I started slowly losing interest sometime during Splatoon 2, and part of it was due to the paid online stuff that I still refuse to pay for. However, I've been gradually trying to get back into it. Maybe at one point I'll try Splatoon 2 again and unlock those other single player weapons. It's not like I'll be playing single player or buying DLC anytime soon, so what else can I really do?

Splatoon 3 certainly looks interesting so far, I'm looking forward to both that and Legends: Arceus. BDSP looks very disappointing, though. Don't kill me too hard..

I've got this game for Switch and I have to say for the simplicity of the game you enjoy it 😁 

fd5d8057ff82c166cecf3f529d26c5cf.gif.c2fc04bbe2b69722fa5d65593cc2ab45.gif

Edited by _Terminus24

SO GLAD to see splatoon love (even if the most recent post was from. years ago.)

i didnt start playing until i bought 3 right after release, i didn't think i would really like it but i enjoyed it so much that i bought 2 as well. playing them interchangeably is a lot of fun, i absolutely loved octo expansion and i'm really interested in what the S3 side order dlc has to offer, whenever that comes out. forever going to be sad i didn't play 2 in its prime, but playing with people who still really love that game makes me happy. huge shoutout to the people still playing salmon run.

i wish i had a point of reference for the original splatoon, i don't have a WiiU, can't emulate it, and it seems to be offline still anyhow. however i've seen a lot of people be Very adamant about their preferences for a specific game in the series, but i think there's a lot of cool and unique stuff to enjoy about all the games.