Naraku

Splatoon

Why can't these blasted squids swim! *shakes fist at sky* laugh.gif

Because they are literally made of ink.

My Preferred weapon to use is very much the inkbrush.

It can cover a large area of turf in a very short amount of time, and the Inkstrike takes no time at all to prep. I have found myself being actively hunted by entire teams in some matches because of it.

One time, on the Arrowana mall map, The enemy had us pinned down at spawn with three quarters of the map under their control. In the last three seconds, I painted the entire middle section of the map, and just as time ran out, fired off my inkstrike.

Fun fact about last second inkstrikes. The game let's them finish after time runs out.

The mall is a very small map.

In those last seconds, I had single handedly painted half the map, and won the match for my team.

every one who uses the splat roller is dead to me, every single squid kid c'':

(using the .52 Gal Deco myself r/n)

Edited by Pika_Oi

I heard about this game! It's a great idea to replace the "violence" with shooting as much ink as you can in as many places as you can to win. And that comes from someone who LOVES games with violence and gore.

I've seen a lot of stuff about this game all around the internet (mostly artwork), so I decided to watch the trailers as well. The game itself looks really original and colorful, and I'm pretty tempted to try it if I ever get the chance.

It's a great idea to replace the "violence" with shooting as much ink as you can in as many places as you can to win.

I agree! I'm not a fan of violence or gore, so Splatoon would for also that reason be my kind of a game.

I agree! I'm not a fan of violence or gore, so Splatoon would for also that reason be my kind of a game.

But the inklings are made of ink, and they explode into ink, so this game is actually horrifically gory when you think about it.

But the inklings are made of ink, and they explode into ink, so this game is actually horrifically gory when you think about it.

Oh my, I hadn't heard about that. ohmy.gif Now that I think about it, it sounds kinda... cruel.

Sometimes I do quietly consider the fact that if the inklings are actually ink theeen.... technically they are just spreading their liquefied bodies all over the floor.

Then swimming through them. Absorbing the ink of their comrades.

Just to shoot it out again.

The more I think about it, the more terrifying this game actually gets. ohmy.gif

I should stop thinking and get back to inking. I've gotta admit, making a huge mess is a LOT more fun than brutal murder, any day. Nintendo are just preying on our childish desire to look at shiny, clean surfaces and RUIN THEM! laugh.gif

I have this game. It is great. I'm Whammerist if you see me there!

I should stop thinking and get back to inking. I've gotta admit, making a huge mess is a LOT more fun than brutal murder, any day. Nintendo are just preying on our childish desire to look at shiny, clean surfaces and RUIN THEM!

Why not do both?

Splatfest for NA is now ongoing! Which team are you on? Team Cat, or Team Dog?

I'm on Team Cat. Go cats! Meow! Hiss!

Team Cat!! Team Cat!!

Okay, but in all honesty, I love love LOVE this game. Upon buying it, I DOUBTED I'd like it as much as I do now. But now, as I left on vacation earlier today, I have nothing to do but cry because of my horrible plight. No Splatoon for an entire week. sad.gif

Beware: Splatfest Results Spoilers below

The Splatfest results are finally in!

Popularity- Cats- 38% ~ Dogs- 62%

Wins- Cats- 51% ~ Dogs- 49%

Final Result- Cats- 140 ~ Dogs- 160

*sigh* We were so close, but so far away... If only...

Either way, I'll be a good sport. Congratulations, Team Dog! You all did pretty great!

So, I have a question for the people in this thread. Which weapon's your favorite to use?

I really like using the inkbrush. It can cover a lot of space in a short time, and the inkstrike charges very fast. Placing down a sprinkler to cover more territory while you ink somewhere else is a great strategy, and the ability to Dash through the enemy team to ink behind their lines is always a wonderful feeling.

I'm actually in the EU, so we were fighting for the glory of Pop Vs Rock music! laugh.gif

Since I'm a huge fan of both, it was really tough picking a team! Rock won in the end though, both on popularity and battles. I have to say, it was a total blast, though I honestly don't know how the squid sisters manages to dance and sing for 24 hours solid. Could've done with energy like that in the great war with the octarians. blink.gif

I've actually been converted to the inkbrush myself. I pride myself on sticking my sprinkler into sneaky little areas to cover as much turf as possible. Also, Inkstrike never stops being fun. Never!

I'll add my own questions;

What's your favourite map/s?

Personally, I love Kelp Dome. Big open places to fill up, woohoo!

Favourite gear?

I LOVE the hero headset. It looks like little cat ear headphones! Also I'm a big fan of any really ridiculous oversized and colourful trainers/sneakers.

Are you a squid or a-- I.. I mean a boy or a girl Inkling?

I'm a guy but I love the girl's 'hair' way more. It seems to be the same for a lot of my other friends too. Gotta love watching those things flap around in battle.

My favorite weapon: It's still Aerospray RG. Ink Mine is pretty good for last resort. Drop one before getting splatted. It works almost every time. Placing them in choke points also works. The special, Inkstrike, you know how good it is.

My favorite map: I also like Kelp Dome. Very large area to rack up a lot of points. I clearly remember my first time playing it, I lost with 1715 points. If I had won, I would've gotten 2015 points. I never got that much points since, though. Crazy beginner luck?

My favorite gear: I don't really have a favorite gear right now, but I'll always stick with shoes that has Ninja Jump ability, even with the recent update that slowed down Squid Jump to 2-3 seconds. I couldn't stand getting splatted right after landing. I don't aim to be the freshest squid around, I rather to have good gears.

Am I a squid or a kid? What if I'm both kid and squid? Just kidding, I use female Inkling mostly because I'm female and a squid prefer her over the boy Inkling. However, I sometime change Inkling's gender just for fun.

I will say one thing

I want this game

But I don't have the correct console, and likely won't dry.gif

Sorry about that, Esko. sad.gif Wii U is definitely not cheap.

Splatfest for NA is now live! (Soon-ish for Europe Splatfest)

Would you rather: ride a roller coaster or a water slide? Or if you live in Europe... eating or sleeping? I'm on Team Water Slide!

Edit: Splatfest is still incredibly buggy. Just recently my team was up against only 1 person twice in a row. blink.gif

Edited by JolteonTails

Go team eating! laugh.gif

It seems pretty unbalanced and buggy here too. I've barely had a full game since about 4 hours ago. Ran a few games against one poor Team Sleep player, too...

Also, finally grabbed the amiibos! The power armour is the silliest looking thing, I freaking love it..

Good luck! biggrin.gif

---

NA Splatfest Results

Popularity: Roller Coaster- 46% Water Slide- 54%

Wins: Roller Coaster- 53% Water Slide- 47%

Total: Roller Coaster- 152 Water Slide- 148

Aww man, that's another loss, but that's okay, having fun is all that matters.

---

EU/Oceania Splatfest Results

Popularity: Eating- 63% Sleeping- 37%

Wins: Eating- 48% Sleeping- 52%

Total: Eating- 159 Sleeping- 141

Edited by JolteonTails

Sorry for double posting. I don't see any rules related to it in this sub-section, so...

Anyone else excited for the August update?! I expected a level cap increase, but I didn't expect it'd be raised that high... ohmy.gif

Splatoon ♥ Such a good game ! Because of school I didn't have time to play and the cap will be 50, I wonder if I will reach it one day xd.png It's cool, I love how they keep updating this game ! I can't wait to see this update yay.

I enjoy both single player and multiplayer. It's interesting to think about the Sunken Scrolls in the story mode. I sometimes do 'boss rush' for fun. When I'm up for some actions, I play on Turf War. If I'm feeling confident with my skills, then I head to the Ranked Battle.

Whenever I pick up Splatoon, I do a boss rush just to get my aiming and reflexes back on track. Octavio is like my training ground. laugh.gif

It was a long time coming but I'm finally brave enough to have tried out Ranked Battling and oh my gOOOSHH. Rainmaker is an absolute blast, I'm pretty sure I forget to blink in the heat of the moment. Yet to catch the other two modes on rotation, but I'm pretty eager.

How's everyone doing with the new maps (I'm kinda gesturing towards Flounder Heights and Hammerhead Bridge) right now? I don't think I love them as much as the previous two releases but I'm sure as I get used to their layout and all the hidey holes, I'll grow to love 'em. tongue.gif