MrSpyro

RWBY IC

"And with that, I wish you good luck. Any questions?" Professor Ozpin finished explaining the task at hand. Royge certainly didn't have any. He'd trained for this his entire life. Even if he did, he wouldn't have asked it, as that would have implied he didn't know what he was doing. He drew a Wind Blade from his scabbard and prepared for launch.

((I'll add the character forms later, I has homework))

Edited by MrSpyro

Araze scoffed and prepared himself to be launched into oblivion. This was gonna be fun. Well, it better be fun or he' be majorly disappointed. He slipped his weapon out of it's halter on his back and it telescoped out 5ft long. He glanced back and forth up and down the line, wondering who he'd get paired up with. He could feel himself getting jittery and told himself to calm down.

Gris flexed his wrist, then pulled off the long grey coat he was wearing, revealing a chestplate with metal arms attached to the back of his real ones. Pressing a button on the right stick-arms the whole thing expanded, armored plate opening up and interlocking to form his armor. The last piece to form was the helmet, which was mounted on a series of segmented neck plates that let him turn his head. He crouched lower, the powered armor making a quiet metallic hum as the servos moved with his legs.

((YES FINALLY PREPARE FOR MY SKILLZ))

Blue shifted his feet. So he was gonna get ejected into a forest full of monsters who want nothing but to chew on his flesh and floss their teeth with his tail. How fun. His ears flickered. My only question is who I am getting paired up with. And how it works. The Wolf Faunus looked towards the forest. He just hoped that he wouldn't land on an Ursa. Or slam into a Beowolf. That would probably end very badly. And that is putting it lightly. Get a hold of yourself. He needed to focus. Blue took out his sythe, which happened to be blue. He mostly did it himself, and he loved it. I mean, who didn't love a sythe twice your size that could fold into a gun and fold up in general? He looked at Ozpin. Was this gonna be fun...

((Sorry if it is crappy, just REALLY EXCITED FIHBCREJHEBV))

Well, this is.. unexpected. Gat-eun readied Reaping Misery and changed her stance. I'm about to be thrown off a cliff into a forest full of grim where I have to fight for my mother-****ing life and the first person I see, I'll spend all year with. Seems legit. She scanned the forest below her, trying to see where the larger groups of grim had accumulated. Useless. The trees were too thick. Man, it was gonna be dark down there. She adjusted her glasses and smirked, this worked rather well as far as suggesting she wasn't nervous. She was nervous. Mostly because she didn't want to spend all year with Araze, that little censorkip.gif. She hated him. Please anyone but him!

Gossamer swung his bow across his chest and positioned himself for launch, looking straight ahead. The forest could be used to his advantage, while everyone else scurried around trying to find their partners, he would already be able to find the nearest person. At the same time the thick forest was practically screaming trouble at him. his height plus that of his antlers meant he would likely get caught in low hanging branches whenever he tried to move. He took two arrows from his quiver and held them so the head pointed down and behind him. The only thing he needed now was to be launced.

Beely looked curiously down the line of fellow new years. He noted a couple faunus amongst them, standing directly on the pad next to him was a tall man with antlers which reached higher than his own head.

Lowering his centre of gravity slightly Beely glanced back at the faunus, he was unsure whether he was a moose or an elk, but let that slide.

"Let's hope we don't hit our heads," He said, smiling at the faunus.

He then ran his hand up his other arm and to his chest making sure there weren't any faults with the cables.

((By the way, only other faunus should know that Beely is one, as he keeps it hidden))

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Royge was the first to get launched. He was hurled up into the air and looked behind him as the other students were launched one by one. He looked at the forest ahead of him, getting closer at the second. He detonated the wind blade he was carrying, making a sort of air cushion to keep him from crashing into a branch. He gripped the branch and pulled himself up, surveying the area. There was a small, barely noticable gap that he assumed were the ruins, so he jumped down, using another wind blade to slow his descent.

((I need to remeber not to type Esko and type Blue because Arkus is what I usually use for my Esko characters o-o ))

Blue looked as the others were launched. Looks fun! His tail wagged fast, and his ears flickered, standing up and down. He crouched, ready for his ascent.

When he was launched, it was a tad bit unexpected. He may not be a Bird Faunus, but he somehow loved being in the air! WOOHOO! YEAH! he shouted as he took out his sythe. Time for a mega awesome landing strategy! He waited until he was just below the trees before hooking onto a branch with the sythe blade. He kept swinging and latching as he got lower and lower. Finally, he landed on the dirt. That was fun! Now I just gotta find my partner.

Where was his partner?

((So, if I am thinking correctly, Blue is partners with Beeley? Or am I wrong? =3=))

Shade did not raise her hand or her voice to ask a question. Instead, she calmly walked onto the platform, not the least bit worried about it launching her into the air. So long as anything presented itself--be it a tree, a cliff, or a building--she could slow her descent easily enough. A launching pad fit perfectly with her semblance. She drew out a tube from its holster on her side and flicked it open, revealing a long chain with a grappling hook at the end. Rather than worry about when it would send her flying, she gazed around herself at the others.

She caught sight of Blue, his tail wagging excitedly, and the corners of her mouth twitched upward in a tiny smile. He seemed as though he would be someone fun to partner up with. The young man in the grey coat and the woman with the halberd seemed extremely focused, which was likely a good thing, but Shade was not sure she wanted to partner with someone so intense. What would they talk about, if one was was so focused as to never start a conversation and she so quiet as to never start one? No, she needed someone who would ramble on forever about things, giving her plenty of opportunity to say something once in a while. There was some sort of cervid fauna and an unknown fauna, though the later seemed more outgoing. His fauna aspect was hidden, but small observations made Shade figure he was one. "I won't," she replied softly to him.

Two people launched, and she watched their general trajectory to get an idea of where she would be heading. A few moments later, she found herself flying through the air, her keen eyes already looking for a good place to stop her descent. The chain lashed out as she noticed a cliff face approaching, and it snagged on one of the crevices. She swung toward it, but rather than get stuck on the cliff, she pushed a button, and the grappling hook withdrew, letting her begin to fall--at a more controlled pace--once more. A few more repeats of her prior stunt, and she was perched safely on the cliffside, her thick tail lashing back and forth to keep her balance on what should be an impossible position to keep. From her high perch, she assessed the area below her, trying to spot where someone else had landed. The forest was too thick to see through, though, so she began making her way down the cliff, scrambling easily and swiftly from one foothold to the next. Somewhere along the way, her thin slippers came off her feet, tumbling down to the ground below, abandoned. She never had liked shoes, anyway. They removed the sensitivity of her feet to the tiny nuances of the footholds beneath them.

She was just about to leap to the ground when the first sign of trouble appeared. A dark mass above her blocked out the light, and she looked up to find a nevermore. Fighting an aerial grimm on a cliff face was not the best of ideas, so she made the final leap down into the trees, landing with her knees bent so as to absorb the blow. Flash Chain whipped out again, this time with a scythe at the end of it, ready to take on her adversary. The hunt for her partner could wait until she was not in dire danger, or, if she was lucky, her partner would find her.

Edited by harlequinraven

Beely watched as each person was launched, noting another couple of faunus.

There were a lot more than he was expecting.

But he didn't have time to dwell on that as the pad beneath him launched him up into the air.

The vast forest suddenly came into view and beely had to grasp at his scarf to keep it from flying off.

He glanced over and to his shock saw a fairly large nevermore, from what he could see it appeared to be attacking the faunus that had launched just before him.

Rotating in air Beely's claws extended and then shot out, the dust based mechanism propelling them with a lot of force.

Three of the blades embedded into the Nevermores leg and even from this distance he heard the loud screech it emitted. The nevermore flapped its large wings and began to fly upwards. In response Beely fired the blades from his other gauntlet at the trees, which weren't that far any more after his considerable weight had begun to cause him to drop.

The blades embedded into the tough would, their serrated edges gripping surprisingly well. He activated the locking mechanism and halted the nevermore's ascent.

He was now suspended in mid air the nevermore at one end end the tree at the other.

Beely quickly began retracting the tree side blades and the heavy duty cable began pulling him and the struggling nevermore in.

Beely activated the retraction in his other gauntlet and the combined force completely halted the nevermores resistance.

Then using the extra length the cable gave him, as well as his strength beely flung the nevermore overhead and sent it hurtling head first into the ground.

Detaching the blades from the body of the nevermore, he was unsure whether it was dead or just unconscious, Beely swung down on his other gauntlet. Using the retraction to decrease his speed, he swung off the branch, detaching the blades, and landed on the ground, rolling on his shoulder to minimise the force further. Standing up he dusted himself off and readjusted his beanie. He than hurried off as the sounds of several angry grim reached both his ears.

((I'm assuming this nevermore wasn't as big as the one from Rwby season 1, perhaps its body was just thrice the size of Beelys body? Also Beelys gonna meet up with Royge))

Blue had been jumping around. Wow, were things getting cool! He saw another student take down a nevermore. Huh. He would have hit it if that other kid didn't. Oh well. Not his kill. What WOULD he do? He decided to try looking for his partner. YO PARTNER. WHERE ARE YOU? He called, looking for something to kill. Where is my partner?

Ready, set, go! Gat-eun was launched off the pad and into the air above the forest. She swung Reaping Misery around in circles, clenching her teeth as she fell. Cool, someone took on a nevermore.

"YO, PRTNER, WHERE ARE YOU?"

Wow, someone actually thinks they'll get a response? Well F*** me if they do. She descended past the uppermost branches of the towering trees, hooking the man catcher end of her weapon on one of the branches before jumping from branch to branch, making her way to the shadowed forest floor. Welp, good luck seeing censorkip.gif down here. She heard the dying cries of a far off grim. How lovely. She also heard a far off noise, faint, but almost as if someone had fallen into a bush or something. Whatever, wasn't her problem.

"It seems as if I'll have to find a partner next. I suppose if I don't like the first person I see, I can just "push" them out of it."

Gossamer glanced from side to side, taking note of the students around him. He counted down till it was his turn to launch. The next second, he was in the air. And the one after that, he had secured himself onto the trunk of a large tree using the arrows he'd been holding. They tore through the bark and offered him a quick and surprisingly smooth ride to the forest floor. Using his semblance to 'see' his darkened destination, he found that, for a while, it was rather empty- that is- of any threat. There were several bugs, one or two small animals, and some tall bushes. By this time, however, he 'saw' much too late as he was now, already on the ground with his antlers very much trapped inside of the tangled mess that many people refer to as a "bush". He tried in vain to free himself from this death trap, but only seemed to become more entangled as now the bush seemed to have taken a liking to his long silver-blond hair and the back of his shirt. Gossamer turned his head as far as could to look at his captor and shrugged as if to say 'What's up with you? Why are you doing this, bush?'.

Gris was flung off by the platform, not going as far as the others because of his armor's weight. Halfway through the air, he aimed himself like an arrow towards the ground, letting gravity carry him into a hard landing. His armor absorbed the impact via the gyros and servo motors, as well as stopping his bones from breaking. "Alright, now let's go find a partner..." He said as he ran off in the opposite way from the launch done.

The forest was pitch-black. Royge summoned a light sword, so he could see. He wasn't afraid of the dark, it just annoyed him. It felt like it was pressing down on his eyeballs. He kind of wished he were a faunus, because they could see in the dark. He headed north, not taking time to look for a partner, because he'd probably just come across someb- What was that? He looked behind himself and saw a large Ursa towering over him. Rouge yelped and dropped an f-bomb in surprise as it pounced. The light sword disappeared in a large flash bang, temporarily blinding the beast. He drew two fire swords, and threw them at it once it got up, and made the second sword explode once it lodged itself into the Ursa's stomach, finishing it off.

((Esko, if we are doing team BBRS and Beely is headed for Royge, I guess that puts Shade and Blue together. That's fine. They'd probably be a fun pair of miscreants--I mean, friends. For all that she's pretty quiet, herself, Shade likes boisterous people.))

Another faunus took out Shade's grimm problem, and rather than wait around to see if it would come back for a round two, she continued onward. Others might have been upset at having a kill stolen, but Shade was practical. Hunters and Huntresses usually worked in teams, and staying alive was a lot better than being the dead hero. That aside, she was sure there would be plenty more grimm to face before the day was over.

"YO PARTNER. WHERE ARE YOU?" The yelled question made her cringe slightly. Was he trying to attract every grimm in the forest? With a soft sigh, Shade headed toward the sound, figuring the caller was going to need help soon enough. She got close enough to Blue to hiss, "Shhhh, you're going to bring in every grimm in the entire place that way."

Edited by harlequinraven

((Yeah Spyro told me in a pm))

Blue was about to shout again when Shade came up to him and warned him. Oh I would? Okay, I ((might)) shut up. Just lookin for a partner. He flickered his ears and sniffed. Let's see...The artifacts are this way. And the Faunus headed off in the direction. Even though he tracked them easily, the road there was not gonna be smooth. Better start counting how many grim I come across. He looked around. Nothing so far..

((Ooooh got mah awesome music playing... time for a big damn heroes moment number 2! Oh wait... you took out the Ursa... bugger))

Beely slowly made his way through the forest grunting everytime a twig or occasionaly overhanging branch snapped, worried that he'd attract a grim. He rubbed his forehead, it was amazing how easy it was to lose your sense of depth perception in a forest even when he had a faunus' eyes.

CRACK

Wincing as his forehead came into contact with another branch Beely bent over and angrily rubbed at his forehead.

A bright light suddenly shone out in his peripheral vision. Straightening he heard the distant cry of an Ursa.

Wiping his brow Beely hurried off in the direction he'd seen the light.

He moved forward fairly quickly, his gauntlets flashing in front of him as he shredded the flora. He decided that instead of getting hit by every inevitable branch in front of him he'd just slice them all first.

Finally he arrived noting the large body of an Ursa minor, standing next to it was the hunter who had killed him and Beelys eyes quickly moved to his

Beely paused, a bemused expression on his face. In comparison to himself, clad entirely in grey and overall dull tones, the bright rainbow coloured eyes were a strange sight.

Beely looked down at the patch of fire and frowned.

"Nice kill, but are you sure using incendiary weapons is a good idea in a forest, plus..." Beely trailed off as his eyes scanned the darkness surrounding him, focusing on a white and red object.

"Ursa's like to travel in pairs," He stated as the Ursa stepped out of the darkness and stood on it's hind legs.

((I spent a few minutes writing a paragraph of Beely being awesome again... but you can have this one. This is a fact by the way, Ursa's have been noted to travel in pairs or more. Also I just did some height comparrisons, Beely is taller than an Ursa standing on its hind legs, not an Ursa Major but a normal one, like the kind Yang fought))

"OH MY GOSH I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT!" Royge exclaimed, doing a face palm. He summoned an Ice Sword and swung it, releasing a wave of cold air that froze the fire over, and then threw the sword at the Ursa's leg, and it formed a layer of ice, trapping the demon in place. He created two more and then sliced away at the monster bear, until it fell. Royge then walked over to Beely and extended his hand."I guess we're partners now. My name's Royge. It's an odd name, and I'd rather not say why my parents gave it to me, but nice to meet you!" He said, grinning.

Shade giggled softly at Blue's antics, "I suppose we must be partners, since we have looked at each other." She had said more in the short time since running into Blue than she had the entire rest of the day. Even had she wanted to say anything else, the other faunas was running off. How did he know which way they were so easily? Could he smell them? How did he even know what they smelled like? He was ahead of her by the time she remembered she was supposed to stick with him. Flash Chain whipped out, the grappling hook snagging on a tree. With it still attached, she hit the withdraw mechanism, propelling her forward along with it. Now that she was next to Blue again, she unhooked the chain and ran alongside him, keeping on the lookout for trouble.

Trouble came all-too-soon, in the form of a pack of beowolves. One moment the path in front of them was clear, and the next it was filled with the grimm. Without a word, she snapped out Flash Chain, ready to use it. Rather than immediately going on the offensive, though, she watched the pack to see what it would do. She remained still, hardly a muscle moving as she observed it. Only when one of the grimm launched itself at her did her chain flick out with the sickle portion, catching in the beowolf's throat and ripping it open as it flew across. Another moved in at her while she was killing the first, and she quickly dodged it, keeping her distance. She took out one more of the grimm, her attention on the next one as soon as the first fell. I hope he's good she thought to herself, because this pack is too big for one person to easily handle alone.

Blue looked at her. Partners, huh? He looked at his sythe. Never came up with a name for this thing... He looked at his unnamed Sythe. Was it worth naming? Would he name it? What...

!!!

Blue looked up to see a Beowolf pouncing, aiming at him. He barely dodged, getting a torn sleeve. So you wanna dance, tough guy? Alright! Face the wrath of.... He looked at the sythe. Where the unnamed thing got in the way again. He was almost caught off guard when it pounced again. However, as the grim charged him, he had its head meet with the tip of his sythe blade. Blue smiled. Lemme kill a few more.

Beely smiled down at Royge and took his hand, completely engulfing it in his own.

"It's a pleasure, call me Beely. Now how about we get on track towards the artifact... hold on a second while I go up and scan the area," Beely said.

He walked over to the nearest tree and began climbing up, his blades stabbing deep into the trunk of the tree.

The tree he'd chosen reached above the canopy of the forest. Looking around he saw the occasional dust cloud or pillar of fire. He could also see the cliff they'd all launched from, noting the two very miniscule figures perched at the top. He wasn't as far into the forest as he'd thought.

Beely released on of his gauntlets and then propelled down using the cables on the other.

"Well it looks like we still have some distance to go," He said upon landing.

"The forest continues onwards in that direction, and it looked like there are others ahead of us," Beely said pointing with his free hand past Royges shoulder while he retracted the blades on his other.

Shade's new partner--she had not gotten a chance to get his name--seemed to be getting the hang of things. She decided to focus on the beowolves which were headed her way. Being distracted would get her killed. How many were left? The one she was fighting, another headed her way, and a couple by Blue. The remaining ones looked as though they were getting organized, though, which could be bad for her and Blue. They needed to work together. "I'm going to help you," she tried, but her voice was too quiet. One of the beowolves jumped on her while she was distracted, knocking her down. She was not a good close-combat fighter, as her chain was not very effective.

Blue had managed to push another one off. His head whipped around when he saw Shade getting pounced on. Aw HELL no! He growled as he hooked the sythe around the grim's neck. He pulled back, dragging the monster with it, until the head came off. Blue smiled, then sniffed. Another one attacked, with Blue whacking its face with the side of his sythe blade. It howled, staggering backwards. Blue took the chance and lunged forward, stabbing the sythe into the grim. He then quickly changed the sythe into a sniper and shot amother Beowolf. He cursed when it didn't kill the thing. Looks like I need to try harder.

Gat-eun continued walking. She was rather relaxed, of course, there's not much to be worried about when you're able to make any Grimm you come across ignore you long enough for you to get away. The only things I need now are... a partner and relics... fun. I guess I'll go find those and then be done with it. At this point, it seemed very unlikely that she'd get who she wanted. censorkip.gif, this is getting boring. I suppose I'll just look for someone rather than letting someone find me...

She spun Reaping Misery around in her hand and occasionally raised it above her head.

"I CAN'T KEEP WANDERING AIMLESSLY THROUGH SOME THICK-ASS FOREST UNTILL SOMEONE DECIDES TO RUN BACKWARDS CAUSE THEY DROPPED THEIR MOTHER-****ING EARRING!!!" she threw her weapon so the blade dug deep into the ground, missing her feet by a few inches. She looked down at the blade and it's distance from her feet. Everything around her seemed calm for a moment. Wow... I could toats cut off my limbs with this...God, I love Reaping Misery... She jerked her head upwards and listened for signs of any nearby people. Hearing something, she began running full-speed towards it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gossamer ran, swiftly and silently, through the thick forest. He'd managed to get free of his captor named Bush and was now headed for the relics. His hair had a few small twigs caught in it that served as easily readable signs of his earlier struggle. Using his semblace, he became faced with two choices. At the speed he was going he would run into one of two groups of grim, both unavoidable. One of Beowolvs and one of Ursa. He chose the Ursa, not as quick as the beowolves and they didn't seem to pounce as much.

He readied an arrow and fired once he'd gotten a clear shot. the arrow lodged itself into the Ursa's skull before exploding and sending small bits of burning fur out in all directions. He aimed another that, once fired, found itself cutting through the throat of another unfortunate Grimm and wedging into a tree.

At this point, his presence was no longer a secret and several Ursa had turned to face him. He took apart his bow to form two small crossbows and aimed them, ready to fire. He couldn't have them getting too close. A few tense seconds of silence went by before the next move was made. An Ursa launched itself at the faunus boy in an effort to dispose of the newly arrived antlered threat. He jumped to avoid being crushed and landed next to the feet of yet another angered Grimm.

No need to aim, it'd be impossible to miss this close. He fired two small arrows into the Ursa's stomach which allowed it to bleed a little before freezing it's internal organs. The dying creature fell to the ground, wide eyed in it's pain. The new problem was that he was now surrounded, a fact that Gossamer grudgingly accepted when he'd dodged the Ursa prior to the one he'd just shot. He turned to face the creature he expected to be a few meters away at least, only to find it a few inches from his face. It stinks...

Gossamer was still, He didn't dare move with it this close. I've been clumsy...

He stared the massive beast in the eyes. Letting them get so close...

Today's not a good day to be clumsy...

The second the grimm was off of her, Shade sprung back up, ready to get back into the action. The howl of a beowolf as it was shot caught her attention, and she quickly turned to face it. "Stay back!" she warned, this time making sure her voice was louder than an inaudible mumble. She pushed a button on the handle of Flash Chain and sent it flying outward toward their opponent. At the end of the chain's reach, two vials of dust snapped off, a hook on them embedding in the creature's fur. A moment later, they burst, exploding in a chaotic burst of colour and heat.

One beowolf left... After taking a deep breath, she spoke up, "I'll hold it down, if you want to finish it off.. Flash Chain whipped out, this time with the grappling hook. Rather than let it hit the beowolf directly, though, she extended the hook past it in an arc so that when the chain portion hit the grimm, the hook swung back in her direction. With a quick tug, the hook snagged on the chain portion, restraining the grimm for a few moments.