Millennium07

777: Seven Gates, Seven Vices, Seven Loves

A slight humming voice came from inside room 203 as the trio stopped in front of it. Although his tone was calm, Blake himself was definitely rushing around. He was folding clothing and putting it away faster than someone evacuating from a natural disaster, really. The knock on the door went unanswered at first, but soon, he'd found the time to reply.

"Yes, yes, just a moment!" The young man's voice came from within as he somehow went even quicker. Thrashing sounds filled the room he was in, after which a loud crash echoed out through the door. Moments of silence passed by until a pained groan broke it, indicating that something had happened inside. However, thankfully, it didn't seem to be too serious, as the young man quickly went back to work.

Finally, after a minute of muffled sounds, the knob of the door turned and it swung open. Out came out Blake with a single, dark red duffel bag in his hand, as well as a long, slim guitar case on his back. It looked like it was an electric version - acoustics were often wider and made out of a solid material. He was wearing the set of clothing given to them by the academy. After placing the cleaning service sign on the knob, he turned to his comrades.

"We ready to rock on?" He funnily asked and added a pun on the end. He silently twisted his torso and made sure that the case was securely attached to the band that went over his chest. A few tugs later, he turned back to the others, picked up the bag and gestured forward.

Edited by KuroKishi

Vanessa rubbed her forehead and sighed, smirking.

"You do know we have like... five more minutes, right? There's no need for that much speed, bro." she said. She flipped back around to the pair, shrugging.

With that, the three (and hopefully Blake) began to head up to the main deck, passing other rooms along the way. Other passengers were also beginning their movements, though some of them weren't Saints, as far as Verick could tell. They looked too old.

"This was also for some civilians, and Saint parents." Rose said suddenly, pulling Verick back to reality.

"Don't the parents realize their kids are going to a faraway school for about four years?" Verick asked, concerned.

"Yes." Rose replied, straightening her dress slightly. "But they probably rented homes so they could be close to their children to ensure their safety. Commendable, really."

"Jeez... how rich are these people?"

"A lot of them may actually be some of the Academy's benefactors as well, so they get some special treatment, though most of the money comes from the government and civil affairs." Rose responded. "But the Academy DID offer limited numbers of free housing spaces for parents of Saints. But I didn't tell my parents that, nor yours."

"Good plan." Verick grinned. If they found out later, well, then they found out.

They continued through the residential area of the yacht til they reached the door to the main deck. After heading down the steps, the trio continued to where the docking bridge would lower. Vanessa took a seat on a bench nearby that was free, motioning for Blake to join her. Rose did the same to an opposite bench, Verick quickly sitting down by her and cleaning the area for her to sit with a brush of his hand.

"How courteous." Rose commented, smiling.

The benches were quickly filling up with all manner of people. After a while, most people just decided to stay standing, impatient, as the boat began to ride up to the dock.

"Doesn't matter. I didn't feel like keeping you guys waiting, anyways. And, hell, I just met you a few minutes ago, so I'm like a clingy puppy right now." Blake answered Vanessa's question, then slightly smirked. After checking what the others were bringing along with them, he silently borrowed his lover's bag, leaving her with the backpack only. He'd take it too, but it was getting uncomfortable to carry, especially considering he had a guitar strapped on his back, too.

With a bag in each hand and the case on his back, the young man started walking along the deck with the others. He curiously looked around and watched the other people that were also leaving the ship. Quite a lot of them were non-Saints, now that he thought about it. Though it was likely that most were the parents of a Saint, there was a chance that some were personnel, needed to keep the facilities in check. Some could be guests of the school, too, having decided to welcome the new generation of students as the formal commitee.

"I truly can't see us being here with our parents in tow," Blake spoke out after Rose's comment and Verick's approval. All four of them weren't the clingy type of children - and, well, he doubted that any of them would want to willingly call over their parents to this island. No, this was time for them to mature, to become responsible. This was every Saint's equivalent to army recruitment, in a way.

His chain of thoughts came to a stop as he noticed a set of stairs in front of him. Quickly, he scaled them to the lower floor with his companions, then came out on the main deck. He silently followed Vanessa as she took a seat on a nearby bench. When she motioned for him to take a seat, Blake nodded, placed the bags to the side where they wouldn't cause a problem and sat down next to her. A strange feeling of serenity came from his body as he made sure he didn't lean back too much in order to not damage the guitar. Once he was sure it wouldn't cause problems, he turned to look at Vanessa with a small smirk, then back forward and at the approaching dock.

Edited by KuroKishi

(So basically, David and Verick were blowing up parts of the research facility? What about the ferry?)

"Huh? Sure." Blair pocketed the note when it was given to him by vampire lady, not seeing any harm that could be done if he delivered it. Missing the fluttering of her long lashes, he was greatly surprised when she raised her hand and petted the side of his face, thanked him and then walked away.

"Ha. Ha." The boy looked at his sister's best friend, laughing awkwardly. "Um. Do you want to go back to our rooms together? Since they're really near each other and-" Blair was cut off once again as a long haired man came over and loudly cried for the boy to get away from the rails. He proceeded to strut over and placed a hand on Blair's left shoulder, claiming he was 'Prince Charming'. Blair's 'Prince Charming'.

In response, the boy let out something a nervous stutter and looked to Nemesis for help.

(You did it. I can't believe you actually did it. That was so amazing xd.png)

David?

She was faintly aware of the sound of her cane clattering against the ferry's floor. "David?" Cherisa whispered, her voice disbelieving. Taking a shaky step forward, her hands wildly reached for him and grabbed onto what she was sure was his arm. She reached further up, skimming his reach and was standing on her toes before her fingers started pressing on his face.

((Wouldn't surprise me. ALSO the ferry should be intact, and if not, whoever broke it is getting an asskicking when they get to land xd.png))

"Wait, look, you see?" Robin asked confidently, gesturing at their reflections in the water. "Don't they look so happy together?" He said charmingly, before turning to smile brightly at Blair's face. "It must be fate. Do you know that 'the sea' and 'fate' sound awfully similar in Japanese?" He asked rhetorically, placing the (thornless) rose in Blair's hair. "The sea can tell your destiny, my dear, you wouldn't want to disappoint the sea now, would you?" He asked cooly, giving a charismatic smile.

((I did say I would xd.png))

Wildly grabbing at the boy's arm had hiked up his sleeve, and presented yet more bandages to her sensitive touch, her other hand finding the same face she'd felt so many times before. Older, more mature, but definitely, without a doubt, the same face.

David breathed heavily, becoming increasingly aware of a faint blush spreading across his face. Ordinarily he would never let anyone touch his hand, let alone his face. But her touch... It was strangely familiar. Even more bizarrely, it was comforting. He felt himself relaxing into her touch, letting out a slight sigh of contentment without realising why he was doing so... And yet to the girl was something he'd always done. A final, flashing-neon-sign-obvious sign as to who he really was.

"Ah...? Y-yes... That's me... I think..."

((OTP right there. All my feels.))

((OH MY GAWD ROBIN NOOOOOO))

Sasha

Sasha had finished packing what she had. When she was ready, she put on her old backpack and walked out. In the hall, she met up with Esko.

"Hey, brother! Ready for Eden Island, for a new life?"

"dunno. You alright?"

"Sure! Is my face red still?"

Esko laughed at that. "Haha! Funny. You look normal...should I get Pretty Boy Birdie to check?"

They both laughed hard, the first time in(FOREVER) a while, since they boarded the boat. Then they walked on. Then-

Sasha saw Robin stick the rose into another girl's hair.

The rise he pulled from HER hair.

Sasha had a snarl, and was about to meatheadedly charge when-

WHAM!

"Ouch! What was that for!"

"Look, I know he got you into some sorta pull or whatever, but SNAP OUT OF IT! He isnt your boyfriend. He is some seducer or whatever. What chance is there of you getting partnered with that creep!? Come along now, get something to eat or whatever."

Esko had grabbed Sasha's ponytail and dragged her. Then let go, but grabbed her ear.

"Ow ow ow! You know, you are attracting attention!"

Esko knew that, but didn't seem to care. He wanted her away from Girl Magnet over there. Geez. Esko is paranoid.

But what is Robin doing? Is he trying to make sure any girl he gets paired with loves him to death so he can scoot into labyrinths?

Nah. He is probably one of those flirt guys.

((Esko, calm down.

Achievement get: longest post in this forum ever!

Scoot over, Eren. Robin is my new favorite character now!

Esko probably got the attention of a lot of people on the boat. You decide if Robin heard that or not))

He was pacing in the hallway just outside of his room, ignoring the tilt and sway of the boat as it drew ever closer to Eden Island. Thel kept his hands stuffed into his pockets, his mind spinning with questions, worries, and doubts. A new home, a new life, and new expectations....

What would the school be like? What about the teachers? Would they be friendly? Harsh? Would the teachers be understanding of the amount of stress surely to be placed upon each of their shoulders?

Thel paused, swallowing through the thickness that filled his throat from the stuffy cabin air. "What happens if I'm not good enough?" the boy asked himself, the foreign words breaking the silence of the hallway. "What happens if I can't get along with my partner?"

Worrying his lower lip, Thel shook his head and fidgeted with his gloves, slipping them off then on then off again. No. He needed to relax. Things would turn out well in the end. Surely, the staff wouldn't send any of the children into any situation they weren't ready for.

Would they?

He paused again, a frown crossing his face. He didn't know any of the staff, any of the possible teachers. Did any of them knew who they would be taught by? What if this was some plan to gather up these strange children and get rid of them for good? What if, having these strange abilities meant a death sentence?

Stop that!

Smacking himself on the forehead, the heel of his palm slapping loudly against his brow, Thel grumbled. He needed to give these strangers the benefit of the doubt, had to think the best of them. After all, his life would be in their hands, dependent on how they saw fit to teach him and place him among his peers.

"I just hope I didn't make a mistake...."

Slowly, a man from the crowd headed to the front. He was dressed in a business suit, and to David, Verick, and Rose, would probably look quite familiar. He adjusted his glasses as he pulled a tablet from a bag at his side, scrolling down it.

"I'll be calling roll one final time before we disembark. If I call your name, head to the right once we leave the boat." Mr. Fenson said, gesturing. "Please don't scramble around and make it more difficult for everyone here. We all want to get through the proceedings as quickly as possible."

A woman soon joined him up front. Like the man, she was dressed formally, in a skirt, with her hair done in a small ponytail. She looked like a pleased homeroom teacher.

Mr. Fenson gave her a small nod to acknowledge her presence before continuing.

"As soon as we are finished getting everything prepared, there will be a training session following us leaving the dock. It's not optional. It's part of your curriculum, and part of your welcome to the Academy."

Mrs. Fenson bowed. "From my side of information, there is a big event planned for your real welcome, but that's after orientation and everything else. So be excited for that!"

"Of course..." Mr. Fenson adjusted his glasses again, sighing. "In any case, there will be testing and training for the Saints,. All Saints are obligated to attend. All testing is done individually...."

At the word "individually", Verick's heart skipped a beat. Rose turned to him, frowning.

"..and it is to see the full extent of your abilities. After the training, you will be treated to small festivity to celebrate your success! I have no doubts all of you will do wonderfully!" Mrs. Fenson patted her husband on the shoulder, pleased. He sighed.

"Yes. In any case, once we dock, we'll be meeting with another member of the staff at the academy who is very important - Ms. Iori. Please do not cause a problem in her midst. She's a very kind woman and we don't want to cause her any stress. That's the only thing we worry about." Mr. Fenson said, flipping through his tablet. "Ah. Yes. Make sure you have all your belongings before we depart. Anything left in the rooms will be taken to the Academy, yes, but you will have to pay to retrieve it for our generous assistance. All things considered weaponry will be confiscated and reported. And that's the end of that." Mr. Fenson finished, scrolling through his tablet again. "When I call your name, please just raise your hand or say 'here'. Let's do this as quickly as possible.. Thel Aditson..."

He began to call off names by last name order, going down the list. The boat echoed with each name called, and for some reason, it felt more serious than it should have. Verick finally understood that not only was he away from home, now he would be partaking in rigorous training ... and their purpose for that was simple.

Each other.

(( Yes. I have asked Millenium if I could do this. :3 ))

Edited by Thaelasan

Nemesis was either ignoring him or wasn't aware of what was going on over the sound of music pouring out of her headphones. Still, he tried in vain to catch the girl's gaze, hoping she would chase away the man for him. While Blair didn't mind invading others' personal space, he was quickly finding that he was extremely uncomfortable with random strangers coming up and touching him. His cry for help was cut short when the boy turned Blair back to the water, gesturing to it and asking if 'they looked happy together'.

At first Blair thought that 'they' were the poisonous fish in the water, so he was about to reply with "Yes. Yes. The fish look very happy in their home." But he quickly realized that 'they' meant the see through reflection of the two. Blair hadn't even been able to mutter that "The blonde one looks very uncomfortable if you ask me." before the boy had started talking about the sea, rambling about how the two must have been destined for each other then finished with his bright flashing smile. Not to mention that the boy had somehow weaved a red rose into Blair's hair (and miraculously it stayed despite how straight and combed out his hair was) sometime in the middle of all that.

Blair was speechless, not knowing how he should react in a situation like this. Fortunately, the man on the intercom provided him a chance at escape. "T-thank you. We should be going however, we still haven't even gotten our stuff yet." He back away from the man, grabbing Nemesis's hand as soon as it was in reach. "We should go Nemesis."

She cupped his face with her left hand, lightly skimming his face with her right hand's fingers. The curve of his nose, the high cheek bone, the shape of his eyes. Even his long hair and the manner in which he spoke. He had dropped her every clue possible and even her subconscious had known, showing her that memory. It was three years to early for David to have been confirmed dead, but you didn't have to be a detective to know that the authority didn't search for him as hard as they had in the beginning if at all.

Given the situation, it was widely believed that he was dead, but Cherisa had always believed and hoped, and now he was standing right here in front of her. But didn't he recognize her?

"David?" She whispered slowly, "Its me. Cherisa?"

Or at least... That's what they told me it was when I woke up in the hospital with amnesia anyway

She finally registered those words.

(I'm sorry this was so awkward to read. Writers block, but the show must go on!)

Edited by Lilraaos

((Um Thae...? I did say over PM that there WASN'T any sort of party after the trials... That doesn't mean there is one, but it's optional... It means there isn't one. ^^"" I said you could play a staff member, but any staff decisions still have to be cleared by me. As Lilly, Kuro, and Narvix have all mentioned to me before... This isn't the kind of RP where you can just add things to the plot because you think it's cool... The RP is already planned out. I know that kind isn't generally popular... But Lilly and Narvix have said they like it... So yeah. I'm not angry or anything! God no, and I'm not trying to start anything, don't worry! ^-^

I'm just saying that if I say something about the RP... It isn't a guideline, it's a fact

And Awww, Lilly :3 don't worry! I'll edit with a response for David when you have~))

Robin smiled gently and winked at Blair. "You're welcome, beautiful~" he said, nudging Blair's cheek with his nose, and laughing sweetly. "I'm sure we'll be meeting again very soon, my dearest~" he said with a flourish, before finally taking a step backward and letting Blair escape. "Until next time, hahahaha~"

Straightening up, Robin gave a deep bow and began to walk away, waving loftily at Blair as he did so.

((AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! OTP))

David closed his eyes and let Cherisa's hand scan across his face, shifting his face so that she could stroke and feel his face properly. Eventually, when at last she spoke, David opened his eyes and gazes directly into hers.

"Cherisa...?" He murmured, feeling a distinct sense of déjà vu. "You sound so happy... So concerned..." He said, his face falling. "I... I'm so sorry... But... You know me...? You remenber me...?" He said, grunting in pain as forgotten memories tried to surface. "Ugh... Is... Is it you...? I know... I've been looking for someone this whole time... Is... Is it you...?" He asked awkwardly, before closing his eyes. "I'm sorry, in any case... I... I know next-to-nothing about my life..."

Edited by Millennium07

((Will we dock soon, or will we wait for zakku?))

As per the usual, it was an uneventful day at the facility once again, with yet another class moving up a 'grade' and a new one currently on its way. Walking down the halls, a young boy with shaggy black hair and a somewhat pale complexion had his head tilted to the side and a blank expression as a girl next to him seemed to be nagging at him. Of course, it became clear to her that he was simply ignoring her, so she did what any delicate female would do and socked him in the stomach.

"Don't you ignore me when I'm trying to explain how you're ever gonna get paired up with someone."

Looking down at the girl, the boy merely shrugged, scratched the back of his head and continued his way down the hall. Now he was feeling hungry.

"You're one to talk, considering you haven't been paired off either."

"Hmph! That's only because I know that if I did get paired off, you would be left single, as an initiate, for the rest of this war."

"More like you can't get a partner yourself. Probably because you're too violent and always punch the guy."

Scared fling, the girl merely crossed her arms and slowed her pace, turning her head to the side and acting as if the boy wasn't near her. Yet, when a man in a lab coat stepped out from around the corner, the two stopped and sighed simultaneously.

"Bickering again? I guess it's only natural for siblings, but the way you two act... We never know... Anyway, follow me to your orientation. I'll brief you on the new candidates coming in and some potential partners for the both of you, assuming neither of you fault out again."

For a moment, the two traded a glance, but the girl exaggerated and quickly looked away while her brother merely sighed and grabbed her by the sleeve, pulling her forward as the man led them to where they would be briefed. Each name, each image, every detail that was known about the new candidates coming in would be relayed to the pair to help orient them on potential partners and potential rivals. More than likely, the new candidates would also receive information on the siblings as well, but it wouldn't be full spectrum until after they had been through initiation.

((Ahh sorry giant school projects happened! I can reply now though))

Her attention was drawn away from her podcast as Nemesis opened her eyes suddenly, Blair's hand touching hers, blinking rapidly as the world came into focus. She jerked it away, glaring, when she registered the other person, saying a "loving" goodbye to Blair. Ugh. Since Eirwen had already left to pack, she immediately kicked him, albeit not as hard as she could've (she wanted it to be a warning), as he walked away. "My friend isn't here to get you away from her brother, so I guess it's my job. Do not talk to him or his sister until you are paired off or there will be a disaster." she said angrily, dragging Blair away while speedwalking. She was mainly angry because she had wanted time alone, and figured that Blair and Eirwen could handle themselves, so it was only rational to take it out on the cause, right?

With all of his belongings packed, Thel was ready to depart, making his way for the ship's deck again. Outside once more in the salty, sea breeze, he felt more at ease. However, noting how the students started to gather, his curiosity was piqued. What could possibly be occurring that held everyone's attention?

Moving closer, he caught the tail-ends of two adults introducing themselves and explaining a few minimal details of what to expect upon reaching the shore. Then there was a roll call. Upon hearing his name, Thel lifted a gloved hand. "Here!" he replied, lifting his voice enough to be heard. The man nodded in response before continuing down the list of names. At each one, there was some kind of response. Either a Saint remarked with some form of "here", a wave of the hand, or there was no response at all, signifying the Saint's absence. Whoever wasn't gathered was likely down below deck and Thel watched as the man penciled in a mark, a note, or something after each name.

Latoya was called and she made her presence known, giving a cheery "present!" in reply.

Similarly, Antonio lifted a hand when Mr. Fenson finally reached his name.

"Excuse me?" Thel started when it seemed okay to speak up. "E-Excuse me but, could you explain what the training will be like exactly? And, where will we be training?"

Mr. Fenson adjusted his glasses slightly and checked his tablet again, scrolling through the electronic device with a few finger taps.

"Ahem... Your training will consist of tests created for the purpose of identifying your current limits and your overall health of body and mind. Reaction times will be tested. Training decoys will be used. You will have to engage in conflict with them. It's basically another day at your public schools' gyms, I would wager. Nothing too serious. A minor exam, if you would." he stated, his answer directed at Thel. "Though this is all I've been given information-wise on the subject. I'm sure Ms. Iori has more details regarding the entirety of the training."

He returned the tablet to his side, shrugging.

"In any case, in roughly two minutes, we will be docking. Since it seems most of you are here, promptly, and followed Ms. Iori's instructions in regards to being prepared to disembark - thank you. Those here have shown initiative and motivation in regards to following basic instructions. You have a bright future ahead of you if that keeps up." he assured, turning back to his wife. "My wife will be taking lead of this group because I need to go see if any of the 'missing' students are still in their rooms, or are below decks. I'll catch up with you all later on."

As he passed by Thel, he placed a hand on his shoulder, smiling slightly.

"Always ask questions, boy." he said. "And never feel nervous when you do. If no one ever asked things, we never would have learned about Saints, or about how to fight these demons."

With that, he headed down the stairs to the lower decks.

----

Vanessa sat next to Blake. When her name had been called, she'd responded in kind. Now, she was slightly impatient, fiddling with things in her bags as she tried to ignore the growing boredom. She had now retrieved some sort of hand-held video game console and was busy toying with it.

Rose and Verick were still seated together, hands clasped, awaiting the chance to disembark.

Edited by Thaelasan

After having everything packed and being changed into the white uniform with a grey collar and green tie. This was apparently to show his element, which was still unknown, and his age. He made his way to where the other students were headed, carrying his suit case and backpack with him. A man soon emerged from the crowd, along with a woman who appeared to be his wife. He listened intently, wanting to know what it was that they would be doing. Individual training before being partnered sounded alright though it would mean waiting longer before meeting his partner.

His name was called towards the end of the list, giving his indication that he was present he continued to listen, watching as people responded to their names being called. Attendance could be a great way to match names to faces at times. Thel asked the question that had likely gone across everyones minds at some point. Looks like even this guy didn’t know everything. He took a deep breath, just two minutes and all of this would finally begin. He honestly couldn’t tell whether he was excited or anxious about what was to come.

Sasha

Sasha was also gathered to hear the attendance. She never knew what it was like; her bro only got info from spying on classes and gathering the information, then coming back and teaching her. That was how they managed to squeeze an education in their homeless lives. Then she heard her name. She raised her hand and said, "here!" Then Esko pinched her. "OW!" She glared at Esko, who didn't look guilty at all. Sasha thought she could feel stares before the people continued down the list.

Esko

He heard his name. "Here." He said in a monotone voice. He didn't sound very excited, but inside, he was. This was like watching school. He just sighed as the list continued. Wait, two minutes before the ship docked?

Two minutes to my new life...and my new love.

This is my chance.

I will make it happen.

((Pretty cheesey, huh?))

Atlas gave a sigh as Mr. Fenson started . He acted this way with most people in positions of power; putting up an aura of mock attention. In reality, he'd much rather do his own thing, and this had happened in school as well. General good grades, but he'd been sent to detention for far too many times. It hadn't bothered him, even though there wasn't much to do there except for eat bread and cheese sandwiches.

Atlas glanced throughout the top of the ship. Most of the Saints had disappeared below decks to change into their Academy uniforms, which was something Atlas meant to do as well. The teen shook the railing he'd been leaning against, and when he found that it did not wobble in the slightest, took that opportunity to vault over and roll. He chuckled, kind of jumping into the air as he quickly walked over to the other side of the boat.

"What number had my room been again," Atlas mused quietly to himself. He walked quickly, abusing an innate application of energy that was almost natural to use at this point. It wasn't as though he WANTED to, in fact he did, but it was now seemingly automatic. He was meaning to walk normally, and actually did so, but still moved too quickly. Not that he was complaining, of course.

He came upon his room, #181. It was disheveled, the bed unmade. There weren't clothes on the floor, those had been neatly packed into a suitcase. A suit hung on the wall, which Atlas changed into. After that, he made the bed quickly then left with the suitcase in hand. He showed up, standing in line while looking somewhat bored.

Blake looked forward quietly as two figures stepped forward. He presumed the duo was the Fensons that the others had spoken of just a few moments ago, back in the bar. Their look was definitely professional, indicating that they were here to do buisness and not slack around. The word of an event after the first round of training made him slightly smirk. Though everyone was going to a new island, where they'd train to recognize and fight demons, the officials there were still trying to keep everything both calm and entertaining. How thoughtful of them, really.

The young man's hand went up instinctively as he heard his name being spoken out from Mr. Fenson, then dropped back down and on his lap. He sighed softly as the procedure moved through the remaining Saints, then silently reached out at his bag. Quickly, he retrieved a small, colorful package, then tore off the top strip that kept it closed. Then, his hand went into the pack. He pulled out a single brown ball, then threw it into his mouth. It looked like chocolate-covered peanuts.

As Blake munched on the tasty treat, he turned once again to look at Mr. Fenson. The tests were made in order to see their limations... so that could mean they'd get graded somehow, depending on how well they did. His remark about this being like a day at a public school gym was weird, though. No school he knew of used drones to test its students. No, this was different - this would probably be the first entrance exam they'd pass through using their wits, skills and newfound abilities. Deciding not to delve too deep in thoughts now since they could get off the boat any second now, Blake instead turned to Vanessa.

"Oh? A handheld? What're you playing there?" The young man curiously asked her as he leaned closer to check out what was going on the screen. Light that reflected itself off the screen made it difficult, however, so he had slightly leaned his head on her shoulder by the time he could see properly. Quietly, he observed the figures on the screen and subconciously used the moment to offer her some choco nuts by moving his other hand toward her.

Vanessa didn't look up but grabbed a few of the candies from the bag that she was offered as she continued to fiddle with the device with her other hand.

"Infinity Moment." she responded. "It's a Vita. I've got a DS if you're interested, or bored."

For someone that seemed so free and open in the outside world, watching her play the game would probably be slightly strange to those that knew her.

---

Verick stared at the sky for a minute, frowning. He was still unsure as to whether he would enjoy this or not. Rose shared the sentiment.

---

Mr. Fenson headed down the steps towards the lower deck, sighing. He knocked on a few doors which he knew held Saints, waiting for a response. Of course, he had been right. Some of them had been napping or showering and had missed the announcement. Finally, he knocked on the door of one Flint Albion, an Earth Saint.

"Mr. Albion?" he asked, frowning as he tapped the wooden surface. "Mr. Albion. You need to hurry up. We don't have time for lollygagging. Are you almost ready?"

He survived the tests, embarrassing but necessary physical examinations and those weird questions befitting of a police interrogation, and those logic tests which the researchers were probably laughing at right now (he got creative with the answers he didn't know). And he'd been selected! By the saint, and by the school. He couldn't believe it at first. One of the biggest hurdles was over and done with!

And yet, he was keeled over the trashbin, his limbs weak and his stomach threatening to escape the prison of his body. The sea had defeated him once again. He dug his fingers into the short carpet of the cabin floor. Damn it! He wanted to talk to some of the new people, but no one could see him like this, green not with envy, but with seasickness. Maybe it was the rocking of the waves or the persistent salty tang of the breeze, but the ocean never really settled well with him unless he himself wrestled with the waves.

Sleep had banished the feeling once he managed to drift off without wanting to hurl, but a man could only sleep for so long before his spirit became restless. The only moments he left his room were his trip to the ship's bathroom, trying to avoid the strange looks other teens gave him from his unsuccessful attempts at sneaking. And he couldn't sleep now. The docking announcement just rang on the intercom, which meant that he would be out of this hellhole -- hellhull, if you will. Most people might have used this time to pack, but other than a his fresh uniform, none of his things were unpacked in the first place.

Everyone was probably out there, crossing eyes with their future partners, and he, Flint Albion, was unfortunately confined in his cabin. He took in a sharp breath, trying to banish his nausea and attempting to stand up. He convinced himself that if he can't get over a little pain of seasickness, why even think of punching demons in the face?

A knock on his door. A quick, but not urgent staccato. Mr. Albion, he heard the man on the other side say. The teen perked up, slowly getting to his feet. What did this guy want?

Oh, right. "Just a minute!" As quickly as he could, he changed. Dress shirt, tie, blazer, pants. The sleeves were a little short, but nothing he couldn't deal with. Flint grabbed his single suitcase, stuffed his regular clothes in, and opened the door. He was still dizzy -- The boat had still not docked -- and he had a plastic bag shoved in his pocket just in case. "Sorry sir," he told Mr. Fenson, his voice not as loud as he was used to having it. "I'll follow you onto deck."

Edited by TehUltimateMage