Millennium07

777: Seven Gates, Seven Vices, Seven Loves

A cool sea breeze blew across the horizon, displacing the long, rusty red hair of a boy standing at the bough of rather large ferry. His eyes were dull and clouded by melancholy and his expression belying the fact that he was very clearly lost in thought. He glanced down at his gloved right hand, as if seeing through the leather to the brand within. It marked him as a Saint. A hero for humanity.

But he didn't feel like a hero. For the past three days he'd been at a research centre, locked away from anyone else and forced to go through mental, physical and emotional examinations. There had even been a blood test. He felt like an experiment.

He let out an exhale and cast his gaze back up to the point where the sky and sea blended together. They'd be there soon. Eden Island, the location of St. Alexandria's Academy. He really hoped this was all worth it.

Still... His partner was somewhere on this boat. He couldn't help but keep returning to that one mental topic. She was here... Chances are she'd met him before... She might know who he was.

Would she be angry he'd forgotten her? Would she have forgotten him too? Or maybe she's held a candle for him all this time...

No. That kind of thought was useless. He was a holy soldier now. His only mission was killing demons.

But even so...

He recalled that flash from when his mark appeared. That girl...

"I'm sorry I can't remember..." He murmured in a slightly-hoarse, underused voice.

Meanwhile, in the library, cabin, a breathtakingly beautiful girl was sitting in an armchair, reading a very old, very large book. She didn't seem worried or concerned in the slightest. In fact, she seemed perfectly content, all cosied up with a good book.

You see, the truth is, she had never expected anything less. If she weren't a saint, she could never avenge her parents. Ergo, she had to be a saint.

Nevertheless... Even she was not immune to romantic musings. Even if hers weren't exactly... Romantic.

It would be delightful if my partner were to be a fine lady with a great rack...

She found herself thinking with a sly smile.

A second young man was standing at the front of the ship, surrounded by a gaggle of female admires, clearly basking in their adoration.

"... And so if the academy allow it, I could totally sing for you all at a concert. And since we share a room, I'll even sing my partner a special lullaby~" he winked and followed with a cheery smile.

Moments like this... Frivolous, meaningless moments like this... Were important. In times like this you have to enjoy the little moments of peace.

All three of them, along with a good deal of others, were on a ferry heading toward the academy that would train them as Saints, mankind's only hope against the demons.

Once there, their new lives as one half of a whole would be begin... None of them knew what to expect except two things...

Love...

And mortal danger.

Edited by Millennium07

((Oh, I like))

Sasha felt the cool wind in her face. She couldn't belive she made it on the ferry. All that trouble, all those tests were about to pay off. She and her twin brother were about to train as saints, about to try and save the world...and find love with their partners. Sasha looked at Esko. He had been sharpening his knife the whole ride. Sasha picked up something from another boy on the ship.

"... And so if the academy allow it, I could totally sing for you all at a concert. And since we share a room, I'll even sing my partner a special lullaby"

Sasha blinked. That boy again? He must have gotten the Mark too. Esko jokingly put his hand under her jaw and whispered, "don't faint and fall into the water". Sasha elbowed him and said, "Shut Up!". Did someone look at her? She hoped not. She then looked at the island ahead. They would all be there soon. Eden Island. She would train as a saint, find her partner...

And become stronger than ever before

In the library cabin on one of the chairs sat Chuan Li. The rest of the ship had been too noisy for meditation, so the library it was. There were a few other students reading some books but he didn’t pay them mind. Meditation was not something he did too often, but the past few days stuck in the testing facility he had found it to be quite useful. He would probably have gone insane without it although right now it was less like meditating and more like silently recollecting the past while since his mark appeared.

He couldn’t help but smile at the memory of when the mark appeared. In the middle of a sparring match with one of his fellow students when the mark appeared. He wasn’t even aware of it himself, yet when the helicopter landed outside and the officials entered the building his Sifu asked them to wait the extra ten minutes until the lesson was over. He was supposed to go home and celebrate his birthday with his family afterwards, but apparently the higher power in charge of the marks had other plans.

Opening his eyes, deciding that any further attempt at meditation would be futile he adjusted his glasses and got up from his chair. Perhaps he could find a book to keep him occupied for the next while.

Whilst most of the Saints on board the ferry had banded together in groups and were chatting away nonchalantly, some preferred to stay to their own or prepare for what awaited them. Some trained, others went over notes - heck, some were even practicing on the spot, doing physical exercise with the thought that it wouldn't hurt to be slightly more fit when they first stepped on the island. There were exceptions even to those, though. A lone young man was standing on top of the bridge room, staring far into the distance. Voices came from the observation deck, filled with newcomers and students that had decided to spend their time by the railings of the ship. The wind swayed past him with more power, as he was on an open spot, but he held still - the only things that moved were a few strands of his dark gold hair. The sea, as well as the sky and the island in the distance reflected themselves in his curiously gray eyes. The image on his iris seemed like the same thing he could see, with the difference being that it seemed the entire thing was covered by a dense fog. His dark attire was quite in contrast with the white material of the boat, meaning he'd be easily spotted by anyone that looked upward or flew above the ship. A smile appeared on his face as he pushed himself off the side and turned around toward the back of the boat. A moment's gaze was the only thing that he needed before he rapidly turned and rushed toward the ladder, then started quickly scaling upward. The wind blew powerfully as he continued to scale the mast until he reached the crossed section. There, he flipped over and crouched down on one of the two branches, then dropped his legs off and took a seat on it.

"Ah, much better." The young man exclaimed as he felt the air blow around and silence the people downstairs. The wind dropped his hood, which he made use of by lifting his hands up to put a pair of ear pieces on. Music blared from the two earphones as he put his hands down and slightly shook his head in rhythm with the song he was listening to. His mouth opened slightly as he shook his head one last time, then began to sing the chorus of the song. His tone was unvawering, confident and loud, as if he were really singing. He certainly didn't lack in talent, too.

"I'm so addicted now,

To the world within.

Now you see,

The wicked side of me.

I've had enough,

But it pulls me in.

Now you see,

The wicked side of me."

Because of the strong wind that flew past his body atop the mast, he was pretty sure no one had heard him. Of course, whoever had heard him could, well, do whatever they wanted. They could try joining them, they could call for him - which, now that he thought about it, would be futile - or they could simply ignore his small spectacle. Finished with considering what could happen next, the Saint revealed his right hand - the one with the red mark on it - and pressed a button on the device that he held within it, thus switching to the next track.

Edited by KuroKishi

Sasha was too hyper right now for some reason. Probably because the boat inched closer and closer to a new life. Maybe I should talk to people. Nah, maybe not a good idea. this was one of the rare times she had second thoughts. Often, she was a meathead, so second thoughts were rare. She decided to throw rocks in the water. Plop, plop. Those noises could barely be heard on the ferry, with so many kid noises. Sasha, once all her pebbles had landed in the water, had decided to just stare at the water. She looked at her mark. It was bright green, while her brother's was a deep sea blue. Do colors mean anything? She snuck a peak at that attractive boy who she saw a bunch of times before. Ugh, why do I have a....neeeeevermind. She didn't want to risk her mind accidentally getting stuck in the gutter. She had a bad habit of that...on to a different subject. Sasha wanted the boat to dock, so she could step into her new, better life.

((Should we time skip to when the ferry docks?

Currently 3:37 AM here. Sleep is for wimps))

"Atlas Angelov. Step forward."

The man did as he was instructed, standing now on a white platform that marked his new lot in life.

Atlas was leaning against the side of the port-side railing, watching the horizon as the sun began its ascent into the sky. It was early morning, with a brisk chill blowing against the faces of all those who stood on the top deck. Atlas had been in that position for a while, now, letting the breeze do what it does best. Wind always had a calming effect on the veritable giant of a man, calming him down when he was in a less than the best mood. Which didn't happen that often, since he was rather competent at hiding his own emotions.

When he was young, Atlas was a ball of emotion and energy. He ran around without a care in the world, until the day he became a Saint. After that, the man changed somewhere inside. No longer caring much about the world at large, he threw himself into his studies at school. He lasted about a week before he was retrieved.

He accepted the opportunity to reinvent himself, become a killing machine the likes of which none had ever seen. And that's what he excelled at. Even though he lost a little bit of himself along the way. Eventually, the man just became tired of it all. Of life, the universe, everything. The only thing he wanted to do was be a Saint. And even that was going to be taken away on his 18th birthday. The man was only three years away from it -- Was he even ready to readjust to a life after Saintdom?

He didn't truly know. But hopefully by then, he'd have himself sorted out. That was the dream, anyways.

He still stared at the sun as it rose. Hope returned, directly proportional to how high it rose. The source of his power, his greatest generator. Atlas was a battery. He could use anything to fuel himself, but he always took greatest comfort in broad daylight with the sun at his back. He felt his strongest then, warm enough even to thaw his frozen heart.

((Alrighty, then. Should be open enough for anybody who wants to interact with the Flaring Giant.))

((I can't wait to see your post, either, Zakku! Also no time skipping 'till everyone's posted their first post or two here sadly~))

Edited by Millennium07

((Yo zakku! Can't wait for your post either! Good luck with military stuff! Chaos: well, considering the majority of people here are active, a time skip might happen soon. Wait, we will have to wait for zakku too, huh? ))

Despite the warm weather a tiny girl was wearing an over sized polo jacket that she had borrowed from the lost-and-found. The sweater itself was a somewhat faded black color and fell down to the girl's kneecap. Although not very heavy, the jacket was a bit too thick for the current weather. It had occurred to the girl that she might have stuck out like a sore thumb, a girl with an over sized jacket covering the majority of the school uniform that so many were proud of, but then it occurred to the girl that some might not have even changed into their uniform yet. However she wasn't thinking about the jacket at the moment, she was thinking about the sea that surrounded her.

The sea smelled nice. It was hard to describe, the smell, something a bit salty and something a bit fishy. The loud chatter of the many passengers aboard the ship, a seagull's cry, the distant sound of waves crashing against sides of ship and the occasional breeze gracefully gliding through. All of those noses and smells set such a relaxing atmosphere.

Cherisa raised her hand directly in front of the way she was facing, her cane at her feet as she slowly felt the air for the ship's rails. Someone next to her muttered something that she couldn't quite make out as her hand grabbed onto an arm thinking that she had found the rail, startled she flinched, a bit surprised. She hadn't noticed that she had gotten so close to someone. It didn't happen often, people tended to avoid her path or to stay behind her when she walked unless they were guiding her, if they didn't they risked getting in the way of her cane. Had he been so deep in thought that he didn't notice her approach? A bit embarrassed and ashamed that she had intruded into the stranger's thoughts and personal space she look a few steps back.

"Sorry. I was looking for the rail." She offered her excuse for grabbing onto him with a soft apologetic voice and a slightly bowed head.

Cash stood in one of the many training rooms the ferry had, inserting earbuds into her ears. She wrapped her hands in the cloth strips they'd provided for that purpose, staring down her enemy, which was a black punching bag that, to her dismay, did not stare back. She looked at her hands, looking at where her Saint's mark would be beneath the cloth. She smirked. The music came on, and she began punching the bag. She'd never really had any special training to fight. So she wasn't exceptionally good or anything. But she'd had her share of action, and knew how to throw a punch so it hurt.

Most of the people she'd fought were bigger than she was - a lot bigger. And stronger - a lot stronger. So she rarely ever won, but they didn't make it out all that fine and dandy either. But now, it wouldn't be enough just to injure them, because if she lost now then she'd die. And she'd be fighting things that were bigger than her – a lot bigger. And they'd be stronger than her – A lot stronger. She gritted her teeth, and continued beating the punching bag. Then the music turned off, her playlist was over. Her playlist was an hour long. She unwrapped her hands and headed out onto the deck, they were almost to the island. Almost to the Academy. She spread her arms towards the wind, it felt nice on her sweaty body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harley sat, her back to the railing on the main deck. Focus on breathing. She sighed. She was going to a school to learn how to fight monsters. This sounded like a story from a book. She turned around so she faced the water, watching the light bounce off the waves. She sighed again, fiddling with the mirror in her hand, reflecting light onto different parts of the ship. She overheard a boy, talking, no, flirting, with a group of girls. She frowned, turning her face towards the boy. People like that annoyed her. She used her mirror to reflect sunlight directly into his eyes.

"... And so then I said 'that pink jelly tasted like shi-ARGH!" The flirtatious boy stumbled slightly as a flash of bright light momentarily blinded him. Some of the girls helped stabilize him as he stumbled until his vision returned to him. Blinking, he looked up and saw the girl responsible.

Oh. That type.

He frowned slightly. That was going to be a real drag if she kept sabotaging his attempts at a relaxing environment before they made it to the academy. He was just trying to cheer these ladies up..

Offering a charismatic smile, he waved at the girl.

This'll fix her wagon.

"Hey! You know? Your beauty just blinded me!" He called cheerfully, a bright smile on his face as he waves exuberantly.

"Ngh?" A small gasp echoed through the air at the back of the ship. The young man whom had been grabbed onto turned slightly to face the small girl, cocking his head slightly. Those eyes... That cane... Considering what she just said, it was on hood what the case was. Exhaling in a slight sigh, she shook his head even though she couldn't see it. "No, no, it's alright. I... Aha, I should have heard you coming. I was wrapped up in my own thoughts... Tch. I'm sorry," he said slowly, running a hand through his hair in slight embarrassment he'd allowed himself to be snuck up on so easily. If she were a demon, he'd be dead.

His voice though... Though deepened by age, to the ears of a blind girl, it may seem eerily familiar...as though a ghost from a distant memory had appeared before her.

"Here," the boy said in a much softer tone than before, gently taking her hand within his leather glove bound one, and guiding it to the railing. His hand lingered for just a moment, before leaving hers gently, her fingers brushing the exposed bandages of his wrist as he did so.

((I believe Zakku said we could continue without him... But I don't wanna go too far. I think if we continue until part-way through orientation when his characters are needed, he should have chance to catch up :3))

You can't possibly understand.

Ashes, and cinders. That's what flew around him now, forever. No matter how much he wished to quell the raging, boiling flame within him, it constantly churned and twisted.

You give me statistics. You give me words. You give me hundreds of examples.

He sat upon the bed, shaking furiously as his heat levels began to rise. The fabric beneath him singed quietly as he rested there, the cloth turning upward and brimming with smoke.

But no matter what you say... she is the best for me... and you won't take her from me.

The bed ignited, sending flames coursing throughout the room. They ran along the walls, causing black to rise from the depths of the material. As he sat there, burning the entire room to nothing with his presence, he could do nothing but stare at his hands, shaking harder now.

Don't put me in here alone.

The ring reflected on his finger. He rubbed it, hoping for some of her energy to go to him. Could she feel him now, he wondered? He could sense her, see her. But they were holding her back.

Don't place me by myself.

He stood to his full height, his hands hanging loosely by his sides. They had taken his weapons in order to ensure that he couldn't be free. They had taken her from him so that he could do nothing but obey. He worried for her, feared for her. All he could feel was a steady, throbbing pain in his arm that kept getting worse as he stood there. It had to be her. Were they hurting her?

If you put me in there alone, I will burn you all.

The walls were falling apart now. The light fixture had melted, exploding as it hit the ground in shards of liquid glass. The bed was nothing but charred wood and cloth. He turned to the door that had once been locked. The metal behind the walls was now red-hot.

If you take what is precious to me, I will take everything from you until she is mine again.

He stepped towards the door, fury rising within him. The throbbing pain was worse now as he placed his hand upon the doorknob, the heat of the metal unbearable to those who weren't tested. But he had no time to stop because of pain. He turned it and the door exploded backward, the air pressure making the room reel backward like a bomb had gone off.

Your tests are nothing more than placing me in a prison. I will crush you. I will let the flames consume you. The beautiful flames. The protective flames. They are all for her.

"My dearest... dearest Rosaline...." he whispered as he walked down the hall, the flames increasing as he headed down. A few of the men who had grabbed him before could do nothing but watch as he continued his mad walk towards his known goal.

No one protects her better than I do. No one loves her more than I do. She is mine. And I am hers.

That is the only truth I need to know.

---

"Subject one has already escaped. He's reached his limit... How fascinating.."

"What about the second one? The girl?"

"She has continuously been slamming herself against the door. Because of the insulation we had placed, her ice and cold can't affect it. But that boy..."

"Didn't we make the room specifically for him?"

"We did... That metal's melting point should have been unreachable in his state. I thought he needed her for power. That's what the original theory was.. but..."

"Doctor? What should we do now?"

"Call the Saint's Academy. They're definitely special... But continue testing. Let's see how this all works out. Tell the men to stand down. There's no use letting them get hurt for this."

"Yes, sir."

---

As the man entered the end of the hallway, he felt his rage burn brightly. Every step left a black footprint where the floor melted in his wake. Those who approached him broke out into a sweat, moving backward to avoid him. A few even bowed apologetically.

I should burn you. I should burn you for what you've done...

He cast gazes at them as he passed, his rage beginning to increase as he looked upon them. These bureaucrats with their suits and authority.

But she wouldn't want me to do that. She wouldn't be pleased with me. Rosaline... Rosaline...

He continued down the length of the hallway, where he heard loud noises coming from the inside of a room. Immediately, his rage began to subside as he grabbed the door, knowing exactly who was within. The cries of a young girl echoed from inside, barely audible.

"ROSALINE!" he yelled, frightened. He grabbed the door handle. It was locked.

Locks.... Locks... You would think to keep me from her in such a fashion? I should have burned the entire building down that day...

He grabbed the door fiercely, burning it with every fiber of his being. As the ashes fell to the ground, a young, crying girl of his age ran to him, embracing him tightly.

"Did they hurt you? I felt pain..." the man whispered, holding her close.

"I kept slamming against the door as hard as I could... I couldn't get out... They told me they had released you.. I couldn't believe it.. You wouldn't leave without me... And the ring told me.."

"They lied to you..." the man began to heat up again. "They lied to you and tried to make me look as though I would ever leave you. They lied to you... They lied to my Rosaline..."

"Verick."

He turned, looking at her with a face of melancholy.

"Let's just do what they say. As long as we're together, it doesn't matter right?"

"But they tried to separate us..."

She interrupted him with a kiss, smiling.

"They won't do it again, will they? Not after that display you did..." she placed her head upon his chest. "Not again."

"I won't let them do it again." he said, turning to leave...

----

"And that's how you wound up here, eh?" the old man asked, leaning slightly on a cushion to steady himself. He looked to be in about his forties or fifties. Verick really didn't care about his age.

"Yes." Rosaline piped up next to him, answering for him. She turned to him, pleased. "He came and he saved me, like he always does."

"You do realize that all you had to do in that government test of Saints was simply sit in a room for five hours alone?" the therapist rubbed his face, sighing. "Most of the other candidates had passed quite easily. But here we sit in order to figure out just what is making you both so special from them."

"Verick is my hero." Rosaline cocked her head, smiling knowingly, eyes closed.

"Rosaline is my princess." Verick responded. He was leaning over, slightly bored as well. It had already been an hour, and they had answered similar questions to those that had been presented from the past three therapists, all of which couldn't figure out what was going on with their powers.

It wasn't a surprise. Though, mentally, Verick and Rose were of decent health, their powers showed the extent of their emotions. One worry of the governmental officials after their breakout was that they would end up destroying valuable property. Verick wasn't the first Fire saint to go on a rampage, but he definitely had done more damage than most, even before the whole testing fiasco.

"I suppose there is a reason for your codenames.." the therapist sat back up to his full height, popping his bones. "So, let's try this one more time, and then I'll be finished asking you. As before, you may refuse to answer any of these questions, you may answer them slightly, or you may take as long as you please answering them. There is no obligation. However, this time we shall be doing a cross-examination, of sorts. If I ask a question of Verick, I want for you, Rose, to respond to it. Can you both do that?"

Rose nodded happily while Verick gave a slight wave of his hand.

"Alright then, Verick, for what purpose do you believe it is your responsibility to protect Rose?"

"Because he loves me dearly and has always taken care of me from a very young age, back when my illness was worse than it is now." Rose responded, patting his hand. "Back when people tried to bully me because of my looks or how I acted."

"Interesting. Verick, is she right?"

Verick nodded, giving her a sly grin.

"Alright then, Rose, why do you believe that only Verick can be your guardian? Have you ever tried to find someone else? Someone older? Don't you have any parents? Someone, perhaps... safer to be around?"

Verick's eyes were filled with fury as he sat to his full height.

"No one else can protect her as well as I can. No one loves her as much as I do. She has always been with me, and no one else. When the teachers did nothing, I did it for them. When the hospitals wouldn't help her, I would sit by her bedside and hold her hand more than any parent did. And when her parents were away, I would be there for her, even though I was so young. She stays with me because I stayed with her, and no one else will do it but me."

The therapist stared at him with a bit of fear and apprehension as he straightened himself in his seat, blinking.

"Er... yes... um.... Verick. What sort of problems do you have at home? At school? What sort of demeanor do you have?"

Rose held up her hand, hopeful.

"Verick's always been a bit of a problem child, since he's so energetic and determined. He did get in trouble a lot at school. I always chided him." she said, frowning slightly. "But he has the best interests of me at heart, and he does like to help people. He's a good person. His parents always supported him. His dad was part of the local police forces and taught Verick how to fire a gun!"

"At his age!?" the therapist scoffed, concerned. "With rubber bullets, I hope, at least!?"

"Oh I don't know about that. Sorry." Rose shrugged, gathering her dress a bit.

"Verick, did you?! Gah.. don't worry about it now, I suppose." the therapist said as he adjusted his glasses. "What about your family, Rose? Any problems? Any changes as you aged? Anything important?"

"Her parents always tried to find out the cause of her illness but they couldn't find anything concrete. As such, they started to ignore her and pay more attention to her eldest sister, Violet. As such, she'd sit in her room, bored, and unable to do anything without her parent's permission, as she lived her days away, tired and alone. So, I wanted to show her the world. I opened her window one day when I was six, and I let her out, and we went and played together. Then I snuck her back in her room before her parents showed up. So that's how it went for years.

In school, she was constantly tired and needed to be checked by the nurse every so often. If she passed out in class, I took her there myself, and stayed until she got better. I'd take notes for her so she could sleep, and I'd help her with her studying. She wasn't ignorant by any means. She's intelligent. Her parents didn't like me though. Said I was too crazy - too rowdy. Hell, I had some of the best grades in class because of all the double-studying I did for Rose. But apparently that doesn't matter when you wear 'unsuitable' clothing."

"You did look good in it though." Rose commented, giggling.

"Er, yes... Well. Though it shows some slight signs of loneliness and self-awareness, as well as other signs... I'm not seeing anything here that would make you so protective of each other. Love is one thing, but these actions...." the therapist looked through a clipboard, rubbing his chin. "I have no idea what to make of it. It can't just be young love."

"It's called soulmates." Rose held up a finger.

"You can't be sure of that. You're far too young for such things. How could you even understand how you feel?" the therapist rubbed his forehead, exasperated. "At an older age, perhaps, and with more signs of abuse in the past... This level of dependence is absolutely outrageous..."

"Are you saying that love can only be true and devoted if I got beaten up as a kid?" Verick asked, smirking. "Oh I've been beaten up for her before. A lot of kids were jealous of me being with her. Even at a young age."

"They were complete jerks." Rose crossed her arms. "I always had to bandage him up and kiss his wounds to make them feel better."

"Hahaha.." Verick said, embarrassed. "That's... that's true..."

"And you always overexert yourself and make me worry." Rose stuck her nose in the air, huffing. "Every day. You always get out of hand."

"Hey.. I'm sorry." Verick apologized.

"I forgive you, then. For now." she said, smiling again. "But you better start being more concerned yourself too. After all, if we're going to go to this school together.."

"Well, uh.. there is... um... a problem."

The two of them looked at the therapist, frowning.

"You see, the... uh.. bonding process... is.. very complicated.. a lot of randomization occurs... it's not unheard of for couples previously bound to be... separated..."

At once, the two of them had leaped from where they were sitting and had the man by the jacket, both of them grabbing him with one hand.

"Make no mistake, Mr. Bureaucrat..." the two of them said, frowning. "If we were to be, by the slightest chance separated..."

"We would ensure the burning..." Verick whispered.

"And the chilling..." Rose added.

"Of everyone at that damn Academy." they both said at once, their free hands clasped together.

"So, could you ensure that they understand our position, and theirs? If we are forced to go there, then we'd rather not go alone."

"Oh! Yes! Of course!" the man said, shaking all over, his face broken into a cold sweat. "Mr. Fenson! Please! Come and inform them before this gets out of hand!"

The door opened softly with a click. Rose and Verick turned, both disinterested.

"Another bureaucrat?" Verick asked of Rose, concerned.

"I'm not sure. Perhaps an enemy?" Rose smiled.

"I'm a bureaucrat, but I'm on your side, in this situation. Please, lower your weapons." the man asked, walking to the therapist's side and placing a hand on his shoulder.

The man wore a pair of sunglasses but his eyes were still slightly visible. A black suit covered a lean form, complete with a folder at his side.

"Normally my wife would handle these issues, but you two are a... special case. One we hadn't seen before. As such, most of this therapy was another form of testing.." Mr. Fenson said, pulling out a few papers.

At the word "testing", the two immediately narrowed their eyes.

"Ah, but this time, without any sort of division between you two. We've learned quickly, but this was the final test. Seeing your ring in action... and how your powers are so... complimentary. It's quite fascinating really. I was also there to see your first test, as well. You truly do seem devoted to each other. It would be a shame to see such love split apart, wouldn't you agree?"

"What are you trying to get at?" Verick asked, concerned.

"One reason we tried to get you to understand that you wouldn't be put in danger if you were alone was because of the elemental testing facilities. But the one in charge has given you both a special benefit, should you choose to sign up for it. We're not sure how well it will do.."

"Hmm?" Rose laid her head on the desk. Verick soon joined her, staring at the paper.

"This, is what you need to sign. Consider it your key to your existence together for the good of the world. No more unnecessary testing procedures. No more teachers who don't understand what's best. And certainly no more parents, that's another important detail."

"That may be good enough to entice most children, but we're quite fine the way we are." Verick turned to Rose, laying a hand around her.

"I see." the man adjusted his sunglasses, sighing. "Then I suppose we'll have to turn you over to the authorities after all."

"What." Verick said, slightly annoyed. Rose seemed perturbed as well, holding him tighter.

"Well, after the damage you did to a government owned building, the facilities you've used without permission... And there are a few things we can tack on to save our own hides, of course. I mean, if you're this dangerous, then we certainly can't let the two of you walk freely."

"You..." Verick began to grow in frustration as he stared at the man before him, furious.

"Oh yes, and there aren't any co-ed prison institutions for juveniles OR adults. Yes, you'd probably be separated for a good two years for what you've done, unless your parents can pay bail.. But you haven't told your parents about your powers, have you?"

"They don't need to know." Verick frowned.

"Not even your beloved father, Jared Richardson, Verick? The one who gave you that gun? How sad would he be to hear that his son - instead of going to a good school - caused property damage?"

"That's not nice." Rose said, her face now showing signs of anger as well.

"Oh, and attempted assault on this official here. Let's add that as well. As it is, I'm fairly certain your choices are quite limited."

"What kind of man are you?" Verick asked, grabbing the table angrily. The heat in the room was rising.

"One with the best interests of the countries, at heart. Yes, not just one, but many. However, it's really your choice. You're not getting a bad deal. We'll tell your parents you're going to a private school. Give them a good lump of money. Or we can tell them you're Saints as well. That's prestigious. You'll gain benefits as a pre-existing pair, and we consider your relationship sacred. You'll get a room for the two of you to share. We'll even set up your schedules so that you two both go to the same classes. The only one issue we had was the training class, and that's where this contract comes in."

He handed them a pen, smiling pleasantly.

"By signing this, you agree to participate in a special program created just for you, after what we've seen. Rather than training alone with others of water or fire, we're going to bring out that cooperation of yours through two extra hours in both classes. That's the only problem. Rather than the standard 10 hour minimum, you'll get 12. That means 12 on weekdays, not weekends. Does this not sound exciting? And, ... Mr. Hero.."

He turned to Verick, pleased.

"You and your princess here will get to fight demons for the good of the world. And we'll even tell you why your dear beloved is sick in the first place."

"....What?" Verick said, completely confused.

"Well, perhaps we'll wait a bit until you're ready.. but rest assured, there is a way to cure Rose of her illness - if you could call it that. But it's all up to you both signing this. Once you do, we can begin the procedures and get you enrolled."

"....You will help me cure Rose?" Verick asked, reading the contract over thoroughly.

"It's fine, Verick. There are no loopholes. I already read it." Rose said, shrugging. "But you don't have to sign it just for me."

Verick stared at her a moment, then looked at the contract. Both the therapist and the man were staring at them now, intrigued. If Rose said it was safe, Verick would trust his life to it. And if it meant he could have a chance to cure his beloved Rosaline...

"No. I'll sign it for us." Verick said, turning back to it. "We both will. As we always have. After all, I'm not doing this alone. You'll come with me, as always, right?"

"Yes!" Rose agreed, placing a hand on his. They traced both of their names out, signing. Mr. Fenson watched with a slight smile as they did, interested.

"Yes, I think we've been looking for a pair like you for a while. Though keep in mind, the training is not easy, but you won't be separated. Why, one important part of this Academy you're going to is relationships and bonding. It'd be a shame to see such powerful love go to waste."

"Sir."

"Hmm?..." Mr. Fenson turned. Verick was still standing there, scratching the back of his head.

"I'll call our families myself, if it's not too much trouble. And the money would be nice.. And.."

He looked at Rose, sighing. She gave him a stern look, pointing at Mr. Fenson.

"I'm sorry for causing a problem with the testing facility."

"Ah, it's no trouble at all. After all, we do crazy things for love, don't we? I know this... very well." he replied, turning back to the door. "Oh, and we need to get you sized for your new uniforms."

"Uniforms? Do you have dress types?"

"With thigh highs...?" Verick wagered, grinning. Rose gave him a small look, but then shrugged.

"Fine, if you want me to wear them." she said, pretending to be annoyed.

"Yes!" Verick grinned.

"Why yes. We have many styles of uniform. After all, this IS a different sort of school you're going to, after all. Not your average, public establishment. It's made for prestigious, gifted children like you."

"With powers." Rose replied.

"Yes, with powers. The car is waiting out front."

"Oh goody! Let's get in a car with a stranger!" Verick stated. "This can't possibly go wrong."

"Well, you're right. At your age, this would be slightly odd... But then again, you're not most children." Mr. Fenson said. "If you were, you wouldn't even have this opportunity. By the way, orientation starts tomorrow, so once we get you fitted and to your rooms, I'd like to ask that you try to get an early rest so that you don't miss it. After all, you need to state your bond one final time. That's the last catch of the contract."

"I read that." Rose said. "I'll get him up in time."

"Hey. You're the one that oversleeps." Verick said.

"No. Never. Never ever. Don't know what you're talking about, dearest." Rose responded.

Together, the pair followed Mr. Fenson out to the parking lot of the federal building where they had been tested. As he helped Rose get into the car, Verick turned to look back at the building.

Would where they were going be another sort of prison?

Or maybe a new type of freedom?

----

While everyone else was up and about, Verick and Rose were in the yacht's pool, calm and collected. Rose being a swimsuit was not something Verick objected to. As she lay in the water, seemingly bored, he kept his eyes on her for multiple reasons.

The two of them didn't need to speak to understand what the other wanted to say. It had been like that since they had received the ring, though their bond had been strong before then. However, Mr. Fenson had claimed the ring wasn't nearly as powerful as it could be, and their independent training would reveal a lot more about their skills and how to use them. As he had promised, their training would allow them to stay with each other for every second of the day, which suited them perfectly.

Some would have said their relationship was odd, or overdependent. Verick didn't much care for what people said and didn't put much merit in it. He had a bright, beautiful, kind young girl that loved him, and he had no intention of letting anything happen to her. When she was not there, he felt alone. She completed him, and as such, he would not allow anyone to come between them.

He had asked her, once, if she wished to leave him, to which she had replied, "Why would I leave the one who I love the most?"

As such, Verick's feelings were returned, and his bond strengthened. He sighed as he stared at the water. Of course, he could swim, but he didn't really feel like putting himself in a situation in which he couldn't use his fire.

"It would be fine, you know. I'd protect you." Rose piped up from where she lay in the water. "I mean, there's a lot for me here to work with. If you wish to swim with me, please do."

Verick looked up and then sighed. He moved from the bench where he was laying and walked over to the side of the pool. He sat down gingerly and put his legs in it, allowing them to sway back and forth comfortably.

"That's not being IN the pool, Verick." Rose pouted, swimming so that she was now against the side of it. "That's cheating."

"I'm sorry but..." Verick still felt a bit of doubt about putting himself in Rose's arms. Her powers weren't based on offense but support...

"Oh. You don't trust me?" Rose asked.

Those were all the words he needed. Verick jumped into the pool without a second thought, surfacing after a moment with his black hair moving freely. He rubbed the water from his eyes and coughed.

"This water is damn cold." he commented, frowning.

"Then heat it up for both of us." Rose smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm not sure if I can." Verick admitted, rubbing the back of his head, embarrassed.

"Sure you can. You've done it for me before. It's just a simple change in temperature.." Rose whispered, embracing him. "Just think about it. You can do it. I have faith in you. You've used your powers before."

"Yeah, but that was - as Fenson put it - in times of extreme, emotional -"

She kissed him. Immediately, the temperature of the pool raised a few degrees as he sat there, dumbfounded. She patted him kindly, comfortable.

"See? You can do it if you think about it." she chuckled.

"That was a bit unfair." Verick responded, sighing.

"Oh... you didn't enjoy it?"

"No! I mean yes! Yes of course I did!" Verick comforted her. "I always do. It was simply unexpected."

"That was the point." Rosaline was now laying back upon the water, seemingly bored. "This feels much better now."

"VERY." Verick patted the surface. "You think I could get paid for doing this for parties?"

"Most likely. But I'd appreciate if you kept it for just you and me." Rose said wryly.

"Then I will, my princess." Verick bowed in the water.

The two began to swim together for a while, Verick laying as she was, their hands clasped together on the top of the water. This was how they both wished to stay, for as long as possible. This calming sense of peace, their fingers intertwined, the sky above them seeming promising... This was the sort of situation they both enjoyed.

"How do you think the teachers will be?" Rose asked, breaking the silence.

"The same as all teachers - different." Verick replied, grinning.

"Do you think the classes will be hard?"

"Not for us. We'll study together. We'll learn the material more quickly than anyone else."

"Will the students like us and leave us be?"

"I can't answer that question. But if you're worried about if they like us or not, why don't we talk to the others on the ship?"

"I don't want to talk to them Verick. We don't need to talk to them. We have each other." Rose said, looking back up at the sky.

"Yes, but if we're paired with them, we'd like to know about them, right?" Verick asked. "After we're done here, let's go and speak to them. We'll find some water user friends for you."

"And flame users for you?"

"I don't need anyone but you."

"If you don't talk to anyone else, I won't speak to you again." Rose joked, turning her nose in the air. "It's only fair, if you're making me do it."

"Alright alright. I'll talk to a few of them." Verick sighed. "For now, let's just enjoy the moment."

And they did, intensely, as they stared up at the sky with a mixture of apprehension and joy.

------

When they finally left the pool, Verick was a bit sad to see Rose change her clothing, though her normal outfit was still beautiful to behold. Whereas he was wearing casual clothing - a t-shirt with flames on it (sue him for being unoriginal), slightly baggy jeans, and tennis shoes - she was wearing a dress with waves on the bottom and some bracelets to match the sea theme. She was also wearing a thin sweater over the short dress.

"You look good in whatever you wear, my dear." Verick commented, looping his arm in hers.

"And you're still refusing to wear anything but shirts on this trip." Rose responded, smiling.

The two stepped out of the pool area and began to walk around the ship, giving glances to all the different people who occupied it. They noted someone who climbed up on to the mast. Grinning, Verick decided this strange individual would be the one he spoke to first.

"But you don't even know what kind of Saint he is!" Rose protested as Verick grabbed the first rung. "And you're probably going to get in trouble."

"Aww, you're not coming with me?"

"Of course I am." Rose sighed. "I only hope we don't get caught. I don't want to ruin this trip."

"We're fine. Relax."

The two of them scaled the ladder, Rose going ahead of Verick, after a bit of discussion. The amount of strong winds made her dress continually move back and forth. In order to respect her, Verick kept looking at anywhere other than her, to avoid seeing more than he should. When she finally reached the top, Rose waited for him to ascend and then embraced him, pleased.

"You could have looked if you had wanted. I don't mind much." Rose stated, releasing him.

"Then I'll look when you show me willingly, not because of some silly wind." Verick shrugged.

"Oh... then perhaps later I will." Rose said with a bit of wile. "Who knows.."

Verick cleared his throat, his face slightly red, and then turned to the man with the earbuds in his ears who was staring at the rest of the boat, unaffected.

"He can't hear us." Verick turned to Rose, frowning.

"Then poke him."

"I don't know if that's a good idea.. but.."

"Just do it already. Let's talk to him so we can leave. I don't like this height." Rose said, gesturing.

Verick sighed and laid a hand on the man's shoulder calmly, patting him.

"Oi. Oi sir. Care to entertain us for a bit in a conversation? We're just trying to get to know the people here." Verick said, feeling slightly stupid for such a weird introduction.

-----

Let flames engulf the world.

Let them burn. Let them rage.

Let the great fires, smoke unfurled,

take away the earthen cage.

Let the wind blow the fire,

urge it on, press it then.

Let it entice it even higher.

Let it blow, again and again.

Let the earth then strike back,

let it muster, let it grow.

Let it succeed in its attack.

Let the fruits of its labors show.

Let the shadow cover burns,

and let the black be hidden all.

Let the earth begin to turn.

As the darkness hears the call.

Then let the pure light shine down,

upon the darkened, broken face,

of the world, all around,

and bring back a brighter place.

Let the seas rise and swell,

as the world ends its strife,

let the flames bring the hell,

and let water bring it back to life.

----

(( Reposted my post from page 4 of the OOC and added two new sections. Enjoy. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

[[There is, unfortunately, no online translator for English to Navajo or Cheyenne sad.gif In which case, whenever Thel speaks Navajo or Cheyenne, I'll use italicized and colored text which should not be understood unless the others know such language or he translates.]]

"I hope things turn out well...." The words were soft but foreign to most ears, mistakable for Spanish if you didn't pay close enough attention.

A boy, a few inches short of six feet tall, sat on the deck of the ship. Many students were out and about but, despite being close enough to hear conversations from one group or another, Thel Aditson was not mingling exactly. Everyone wanted to be closer to the railing, in order to look out at the sea and the approaching island. Except him.

No. Thel wanted to be away from the railing or he might just get sea sick. Inside the cabins was too stuffy and he much rather be able to breath freely than be stuffy. But the sea breeze and salty smell made his throat constrict and his stomach to slowly churn. Oh, how he disliked sea travel....

Before the boat, he had been kept in a small room for some three or five days. He didn't bother to count; he was too busy having panic attacks from claustrophobia and being poked or prodded with numerous needles. He could handle sea sickness. Needles and tiny closed-off rooms? That was another factor for him being outside rather than in: the rooms were too small for his comfort.

Shaking his head, Thel wrapped his arms around himself and rested his head against his knees. He had made an attempt to meet the other students throughout the ship. Some were welcoming and chatted for awhile until he had to move away from the railing. Others were less than inviting and wanted nothing to do with making new friends.

There was Chuan Li from before the boat departed, an Abigail shortly after and Jake joined in. Then there was this David kid and some Sasha character with her brother, Esko. Only Abigail and Jake had really been talkative out of that batch but that was fine. Thel eventually had a brief conversation with a girl named Lauren and her cousin, Georgia.

There were a few others but he couldn't quite recall the names. Oh well, there was time to meet them again. At least the air felt nice for the early hour of the day. He wore the uniform assigned to each of the students. He had taken note of the girls being handed both pants and skirts while the boys only received pants. So, out of a little experiment, he requested for a skirt as well. Obviously, the issuer was taken aback with surprise and hesitated before reluctantly giving Thel a skirt that could possibly fit. Of course, Thel wasn't wearing the skirt now. It would end up being too cold if he did.

"Please, don't let this be a mistake...."

~~~~

[[i'll get something written in a moment for Latoya and Antonio. Just wanted Thel up now.]]

Edited by Narvix

"It's interesting that you thought I wouldn't notice you two, fellow Saints." The young man answered as he took the ear pieces off and quickly pocketed the whole assembly. He took a quick breath, then slightly turned his head backward. He first came into eye contact with the fellow man, the gray and green staring curiously at eachother. A mist-covered forest immediately came to mind from the result of the two colors' mix - a place usually serene and quiet, but often filled with dangers unseen by the normal eye. This man seemed interesting, really. Though the teen noted his black hair, as well as his choice of attire and color, what caught his attention was the stranger's confident grin. Strangely devilish, yet also humane.

The young man then shifted his eyes to look at the stranger's companion instead. His gray eyes met with her own blue, making him think momentarily of a waterspout - interesting, calm and even elegant when observed from a distance and with a weak form, but dangerous as can be if it were a stronger variant. The glasses on her face seemed like a trait that made her seem more intelligent and mature, as if she wasn't already looking rather smart. Her dress fit neatly over her tall, lithe form and matched with her eye color. The silver hair was an oddity, though - he hadn't seen natural hair like that since such a long amount of time. Quietly, the young man turned to check both their marks, noting his was golden and hers was silver. Though it didn't match up, he could tell she was probably a water Saint - as for the man, though he had a lot of elements that differed on his body, the crimson clothing, as well as that confidence, made him think of a fire Saint. Finished with his observations on the pair that had joined him on top of the mast, Blake turned back forward. He grabbed the railing with his left hand, then swung toward the left. With a slight push from the foot that was still on the bars, he elegantly vaulted over the rail and landed on the metal surface of the mast.

"Nice to meet you two. My name's Blake. Blake Cromwell." Blake spoke out after he turned toward the two, then courtly bowed in front of them. The hood fell over his head as he lowered his body, but it seemed that was his goal all along, as he didn't bother returning it to his back. Quietly, the teen leaned on the metal bars behind him and turned to stare at the two. He once again went over their features to make a mental notice which took a couple minutes, in which they could freely introduce themselves. However, suddenly, he locked his gaze again with the woman again. Why was she so... familiar? The silver hair, the blue eyes, the glasses, that smart, mature look...

"Wait... Vanessa?" The young man retorted after a moment of hesitation, confusion evident in his eyes. His right hand went forward toward her in an attempt to reach out, touch her... but he mometarily froze instead and went silent, his body locking up in the process.

Blake, stop. This... as much as it may pain you, this isn't Vanessa. He thought silently, his eyes widening with shock. On the outside, it seemed as if he was breaking. On the inside, it was already too late - the emotional barrier raised after the loss of his loved one had crumbled to ruins. Old, yet familiar feelings flooded his conciousness, but he attempted to silence them nonetheless.

No... I don't want this pain... not... AGAIN! Blake continued to think, his inner self screaming out in protest. The memories of the past that rose were engulfed by the dark abyss that surrounded him, causing the emotional influx to be quickly silenced. By now, in real life, a pair of tears had slid down his cheeks and fallen on the ground. His eyes were still filled with pain, shock and the feeling of despair. However, slowly, everything came to an end. After dealing with his inner self, Blake suddenly gasped for air, having returned to reality. He bent down and placed both hands on his hips whilst he attempted to regain his breath. It took a few moments until he finally calmed down and felt his rapidly pulsating heart stop. He silently lifted his arm up and wiped the two tracks that ran along his cheeks, then drew another breath and focused. Now that he was back to himself, he raised himself to an upright position, then stepped shakily backward. Leaning slightly on the railing and placing a hand over his face, the teen turned to the two in front of him.

"I... I didn't mean to startle you. Forgive me... it's an old memory..." Blake spoke out to the two, then dropped his arm down. He uncertainly stared at the two with a pleading look, as if attempting to apologize to them. This woman... she was definitely reminescent of Vanessa, but... that girl was dead, and he knew that. However, when someone with an appearance so close to his old loved one came to him, he was taken by suprise. Hopefully, the man wouldn't be angered by his rather... sudden outburst.

Edited by KuroKishi

When the man turned, Verick immediately noted the man's appearance. What had been those rules again..?

"For starters, make sure you understand that each Saint normally suits their appearance and personality."

"Such as?" Rose had asked, placing her hand on his.

"Well, like you two, for example. You, Rose, are a calm, collected individual with formal tastes and a wise appearance. As such, it's not hard to see you as a water user. Verick, on the other hand, looks a bit cocky and willful, has spontaneous actions and a curt mannerism. As such, he's suited for fire."

"Should I take that as a compliment or an insult?"

"Take it as you see fit. As for the others, there's a very easy way to tell which is which, in most cases. This is how the school does it. If they face you slowly and introduce themselves quietly, they're probably a dark user. If they are very quick about it, and a bit hyperactive, they're either fire or wind, but most likely wind. If they look away and seem willful, they're definitely wind. Light users will immediately greet you kindly and without a second thought. Water users will appraise you very slowly and make sure you're aware of it. Fire users may not even give you a glance. Earth users will take a while to notice you, not because they don't want to, but because they're very patient and pensive. However, they're good friends to have."

"Is that all of them?"

"Indeed. Do you think you'll be able to tell, now?"

"I will... how about you Verick?"

"Verick."

He turned to look at Rose, confused. The man had been appraising them silently this whole time, but he seemed very quiet and distant.

She seemed to be waiting expectantly for him to do something. After a moment, he realized she wanted him to guess what kind of Saint he was.

"....Shadow?" Verick wagered, shrugging. Rose nodded, turning back to Blake as the man introduced himself. At the mention of his name, Verick piped up.

"Oh you're the sociopath that was on the news who killed that guy, right?" Verick asked. Rose elbowed him rudely. The man then reached out his hand, saying something about Vanessa...

Verick instinctively began to flare up, reaching out quickly to bar the man's hand and placing himself in front of Rose. But it was unnecessary - the man fell to the ground, confused as to what he had just done.

"Don't touch her." Verick commanded, frowning. Rose, however, pushed him aside gently and knelt to the man's height. For some reason, he looked oddly familiar, but Rose couldn't place it.

"...Vanessa? I had.. a sister named Vanessa." she commented, frowning. "But.. you couldn't mean... But if you're the one who killed that man..."

Before she could continue, Blake was apologizing. Rose stood back to her full height, curious.

"Verick.. could he really be him?"

"Who?"

"Our Blake.."

"No way. I thought he ran away.."

"He has a similar name."

"Well it's only if he was the guy who killed that old dude.."

"True."

"So did you?" Verick asked, turning back to Blake. "Did you really... murder that guy? Are you him?"

The three stood on the mast in silence now, Rose and Verick awaiting his response.

Harley giggled as she watched the boy stumble. Serves him right. Then he called out to her and her smile faded. Really? That's the best he could come up with? 'Your beauty blinded me?' She rolled her eyes.

"Is that all you've got? A cheesy pickup line? Has that ever even worked?" She called.

She stood up and leaned on the railing, her eyes laughing. She turned the mirror over in her hand, sending another beam of light at his face. The mirror continued turning over in her hand, but the light wasn't directed at him anymore.

"Come on, try again." She said, the light flashing across his face.

She was honestly curious as to what he would do. She looked him over, Saint of…. Fire? No. Maybe Light? He definitely had the charisma, weren't Saints of Light supposed to be really popular? She really knew very little about this whole Saint thing. She'd always been too busy until her mark actually appeared, and then she just read a couple school pamphlets and a little book thingy that her Brother had gotten from the library.

Stumbling and groaning once more, Robin fell to one knee and held his head in apparent pain. It was an act of course. It was for dramatic effect.

There was something about this girl. That snicker, those eyes. He just couldn't let things lie.

He slowly raised his head and fixed the girl with his sapphire eyes, sparkling in the sunlight. "Forgive me, my lady. The blinding radiance of your beauty momentarily rendered me incapable of my usual poise and grace..." He said, standing up and giving a deep bow. "I am pleased to see that this had amused you, and shall endeavour to keep that light in your eyes, as I hope to be a light for the whole world during this dark time," he recited poetically, arm folded across his chest as he remained in mid-bow, offering a warm, friendly, if slightly teasing smile.

Blake silently stared at the other two with a worried expression. He thought that he had somehow angered the guy. However, thankfully, the woman stepped forward and calmed him down. She had came up to him earlier, when he was taking a moment to rest. What had she said? Something about Vanessa. Did she know her? He remained quiet as they spoke to one another. What made him curious was how the woman referred to him as 'our Blake'. It seems she knew a Blake from before... and so did the man. They came to an agreement of sorts between eachother, then turned to him, asking if he truly was the kilelr of that man. That man... did they mean... Powell? That monster, Powell?

"... I..." The young man began uncertainly, then let out a soft sigh. Most other Saints already knew that he was one of few which had a kill on ther accomplishment list - and, even if they didn't, the rumors would eventually spread from one to the next. Might as well bother them the long research, already buried by the school's vast resources.

"Yes, I was the one to kill Powell Adams." Blake grudingly admitted, feeling as if he had sealed his own doom. At the same time, though, there was a strange feeling of relief. He'd heard often that revealing the things which one regretted to someone worked calmingly on the nerves, but never had he mustered up the courage to admit something like that. Drawing a breath, he decided to continue.

"Yes. It was me, Blake Cromwell, who killed Powell Adams. My motive was the murder of a person whom I've deared more than my own life. My friend, my love, the one who helped me become what I am today... Vanessa." Blake spoke out, a feeling of resentment coming off at the sheer mention of that monster's name. However, his voice was filled with sorrow when he mentioned that girl's name.

"...What is it to you? You want to know how I killed him? Or do you wish to dig into my past?" He curiously asked as he stepped forward, a new feeling of confidence filling his body. He walked on until he was standing in front of the two and stood his ground firmly. What was their motive?

Sasha

Sasha wanted to talk to that boy. How did she start? She walked slowly to the boy, but got stuck in the crowd of girls. "Ack...oof! Why is there a bunch of girls here?" She said, backing out of the group. Then, Esko nudged her forward, then went back to his seat. Sasha glared at him, then realized she was RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BOY!

Esko

Hey, what could he say? She was in front of him now. She could handle it. Then again, she was a meathead, so he didn't trust her judgement too well. She is fine...

((Sorry for lazy post. I am leaving soon to find shampoo))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

"Blake?...." Rose whispered, uncertain. Verick, however, had no constraints, running forward and embracing the man eagerly.

"BLAKE!" he yelled, over the roar of a sudden wind that forced Rose to hold her dress down and made Verick's hair flap strongly in front of his face. "Blake! It's you! Where the hell did you run off to!?"

He patted the man's shoulders in a friendly fashion, hugging him again.

"God man, it's been years! But that-..."

Suddenly, he felt a sense of despair as he realized that this was definitely not the way to welcome back this old friend. In fact, it probably made it worse. Verick turned, to see a sight he knew he was going to witness.

Rose was crying. Tears of joy or sorrow, he couldn't tell. But if Blake was here and confirmed it, then it was true..

"Vanessa... Vanessa really did die... Even though they said they couldn't find her body.." Rose said tearfully, rubbing her eyes. "I hoped... a little bit... that she had managed to survive... that you guys were actually happy somewhere... God... Vanessa..."

"Hey. Hey. We already cried about this, a long time ago, Rose. Come on now. Let's be happy. At least Blake is safe, right?"

"But what about my sister, Verick?!"

"She was... avenged?" Verick said, unable to find the right word. Rose hugged him tightly, still depressed.

"Rose..." Verick sighed, patting her in a comforting fashion. He turned to Blake, shrugging slightly.

"She... she really loved her sister. She and I had hoped Vanessa wasn't dead. She's telling the truth. We thought you escaped and she faked her death, since she never really liked her parents." Verick said finally, turning back to Rose. "But... but at least you're alive, right? Why don't we go get a drink, help her calm down, and talk about what happened... Would that help you, Rose?"

"Maybe. I don't know." Rose responded, her voice muffled from where she was in Verick's torso.

"Well you can't drink if you're like that."

"Just drink for me..." she replied.

Verick sighed and headed to the ladder, helping Rose to go down first. He then held out his hand to Blake as he began to descend.

"We'll meet you down in the lower decks, in the lounge, if you would oblige us." Verick said, smiling. "Take your time. I need to help Rose calm down first."

As he headed down the steps, he thought for a moment of how exactly he would do that.

------

Yet, down in the lounge, a single person sat, familiar to all three of them. Her short shorts were comfortably covering her legs, a short shirt exposing her midriff. Leather bracelets and charms decorated her arms. A braid of silver hair fell down both shoulders. The rest of it was short. Her eyes were pleased as she laid eyes upon the two people that entered the lounge, unexpectedly. In the span of a single moment, there was shocked silence as the pair looked at the one person sitting in the booth.

Finally, after a long moment, she raised her hand happily and waved with a smile on her face, beaming.

"Yo." she said casually.

".....Va.....Vane...Vanes..." Rose struggled, concerned.

All the while, all Verick could think was -

Blake!

Let's see... Did she want to wear the dress, skirt and blouse, or an average shirt and pair of pants? Dare she try to impress people or just be herself?

Well, that was a dumb question! Of course she should be herself! Deciding to compromise, Latoya slipped into a dark purple blouse and a somewhat long, black, skirt. Sweeping her hands under her hair, she made sure it wasn't stuck under the top. Putting on flats that would allow her to comfortably navigate the ship's deck without the fear of slipping, she hurried from her little cabin room, through the passageways, and out into the fresh, sea, air.

The young woman inhaled deeply, smiling as she enjoyed the breeze. The wind always felt lovely to her, ever since she was tiny. There were students virtually everywhere on the ship, inside and out. Of course, that wasn't to say that there were empty locations or anything. The number of students wasn't without its limit, constrained by the maximum occupancy allowed on the ship and room needed for the crew to manage it.

"I'm so glad those tests are over," Latoya stated aloud, more to herself than anyone possibly around her.

~~~~

Antonio was in the small library provided on the ship, trying to learn what he could about Saints and the gates before they all arrived at the school. He personally preferred to go into a new place, knowing what to expect. "Excuse me," he started as he tried to look around another boy at the books behind his chair. "Don't mind me, just going to reach around you, is all...." His voice had a faint slur to it, almost an accent that had faded with age.

Reaching forward, the boy grabbed a book off the shelf and started walking away, finding a seat some yards across. Plopping himself into the cushioned chair, he cracked open the fairly new text and began reading. It was some document about the first Saint, the woman for whom they named the academy after.

There was ample information about her life growing up and about her death. However, there wasn't much to detail her abilities beyond basic stuff like what she could do and how it affected certain monsters. But there wasn't anything about where that all came from.

Blake silently watched the other two as they turned toward him. The woman's tone was uncertain, but the man's was confident. As expected of a fire elemental, really. The young teen's eyes rose as the other man approached him and placed both hands on his shoulders. It had been years? How did they really know him? Where had he met them? There were so many questions yet to be answered, but they could wait - instead, the young man focused on the woman's visage as she began to cry. Concern filled his soul as he attempted to step forward, but he spotted the other man already go back to her side and embrace her tightly. Only after their subsequent words did he barely manage to piece things together.

"You're Vanessa's sister... Rosalina... and you're her boyfriend... Verick..." Blake spoke out confusedly, then stepped. One after another, he slowly came back to the railing he had used moments ago... and felt utterly awkward. Though he could faintly recall Rose - or, maybe, he likened her to Vanessa - he was unable to remember Verick, even if he tried his best. He felt utterly out of his mind, but when he was asked if he'd join them for a drink, he quietly nodded. It would definitely be better if he got a drink to calm his nerves.

"I'll... I'll join you. Just... give me a moment..." Blake told the other two with a slight nod, then watched them walk downward. Then, he turned back toward the sea, leaned on the railing and kept silent. Truly a confusing turn of events... in a moment he'd never think of, he met both Vanessa's sister AND her sister's boyfriend. He slightly chuckled, but it soon went quiet and turned to a soft sigh. Then, he turned around and looked at the mast, then lifted his right fist. Swinging forward, he punched the metal inward, causing quite a noticeable dent within it.

If only I wasn't so weak... if only I had found her earlier... The young man spoke out as he held his hand, feeling the throbbing pain that spread out through his muscles. He could feel a trickle of warm liquid as it moved past his fingers and dropped onto the floor, resulting in droplets of red appearing on the ground. He wiped the wound's contents on the metal, then walked over to the ladder.

Slowly, Blake went down the iron bars until he was once again on top of the control room. He quietly turned to stare back at the strangers on the observation deck, but decided not to waste his time and pass by them. Instead, he turned toward the back of the ship. The lounge was a bit after the few rooftops that were in his way.

Perfect. The young man thought to himself, then slowly walked forward. Reaching the edge of the first elevation, he jumped up and grabbed on, then skillfully pulled himself on top of it. Increasing the tempo, the Saint leaped off the metal surface and over an opening, then landed on another roof on an equal level. A few differences were in front of him, but that wasn't difficult. He vaulted over a vent, then slid under a set of its chutes and quickly continued forward. Finally, he reached his destination by placing one foot on the small platform in front of him and using the leverage to push off and fly into the air. Seconds flew by as he sailed through the air, only to land on the wooden bridge with a roll and instantly rise up.

Right, let's hear what those two have to say... Blake told himself mentally as he turned around and approached the door. He could strangely hear Rosalina's voice from inside... attempting to say Vanessa. Curiously, he swung the door open and walked in. The two were directly at the entrance. With a soft smirk, the young man swung by them, in an attempt to go around and turn to speak with them. However, his amused expression turned to one of pure shock when he noticed just who they were staring at. Time came to a stand as he saw someone he had thought long dead. His first, dearest friend; his old love; the one which he'd lost in a moment of weakness... Vanessa.

"V-Va..." Blake mouthed, but was unable to find the strength to say the name. His voice was choking on his own breath as he attempted to calm his raging heart, whilst his mind was a chaotic mix of feelings he never knew could come together. Of course, in the shock, he had continued running forward. Unable to notice what lied in front of him because of the visage of the girl, he walked into the bar counter and stumbled into it. Gravity took over, flipping his body over the wooden bank and causing him to crash into the liquor assembly on the wall. A lone bottle that the bartender had dropped in his suprise was the thing that his head met instead of the soft floor. The hard, glass edge collided with the side of his head, causing him to temporarily black out because of the trauma. Liquor slowly soaked into his clothing as he lay unconcious, unable to react to what had happened - and, if he were still concious, Blake would surely say that this was better than him having to suddenly realize that both Vanessa was alive and he had stained his hands with the blood of, well, a person with bad intents but ultimately innocent.

Edited by KuroKishi