Millennium07

777: Seven Gates, Seven Vices, Seven Loves

Rose huffed shrugging, from her position.

"I actually wonder what I got wrong." she frowned, concerned.

"I thought we weren't supposed to anger the people we wanted to talk to." Verick replied, head on his hand.

"We weren't. Hence why I wish I knew what I said wrong." Rose rubbed her chin thoughtfully, then shrugged again. "But it matters little."

Verick gathered up her dress as he lifted Rose up from the booth and headed over back to where Vanessa and Blake had been. For a moment, he considered following the man to apologize but he kept that idea submerged. For one, he was probably too angry to consider accepting apologies. For another, there were still a lot of other people on the boat to meet.

And Vanessa's story was important. Rose and Verick sat down in the same position as in the other booth as Vanessa moved back to a sitting position, rubbing her eyes. She pulled the hoodie around her more comfortably.

"Alright, alright, I'll tell you." she sighed, admitting surrender. "Oh. No wait. Maybe I should SHOW you instead."

She winked as she reached into a bag sitting by her side. She retrieved a small, crafted doll. As the pair gazed upon it, they realized that it looked like Vanessa (or Rose with her hair short) in every facet, even clothing style. She placed it upon the table, nodding.

"This saved my life. Right now, it's not much to look at, but if I concentrate a tiny bit..." she whispered, grunting. She held out her hand as she began to focus something on to the doll. The mark on her hand began to glow as she continued. Finally, she pulled her hand back, satisfied.

The doll sat up, confused and disoriented, and slapped the side of its head as though to clear its vision. It turned to Vanessa, its face obviously perplexed.

"Vanessa? Why here." the doll asked, rubbing its chin. "This not where we were. Now we here. How?"

"I told you we were getting on a boat. That's why I hid you." Vanessa replied, patting the doll's head in a caring fashion. She looked at the rest of the group, her face pleased.

"Her name is Nessie. She's a golem." Vanessa said, pointing. "And if you want your answer for how I lived..."

She lifted up the doll's shirt slightly - much to the doll's sudden reluctance - and revealed a scar on the golem's chest where it had been stabbed. Thankfully, the doll even had undergarments, which was surprising considering its size.

"This little creature is marvelous." Vanessa commented. "When I was being attacked, Nessie suddenly sprang to my rescue and took the hit. I was too scared to move. I was hiding. Somehow, Blake saw the body. He'd been looking for me. He thought the guy killed me. So suddenly he's going dark and black and he kills him too! What was I supposed to do?"

She shrugged, displeased.

"I mean, I wanted to get up and embrace Blake, of course, since I was terrified. But then he goes and stabs this guy in front of me? I'm freaking the hell out! I don't know what to do anymore! So after Blake leaves to call the police, I leave, immediately. So, that's why there was no body."

"Your golem... bleeds?" Rose asked, checking the doll over. She seemed fascinated with its intricacies, poking it. The doll giggled.

"Ticklish." Nessie replied apologetically. Rose set the golem back down on the table, bemused.

"Yes. It bleeds. From what I understand, its basically human down to the last organ, but we share a soul." Vanessa said. "It's just like most mythical golems. You can recreate every bit of human tissue using earth magic, but souls are far beyond what I can accomplish. As such, apparently, its basically just an extension of me. Yeah, I read some of your books Rose. I admit it."

"I knew you did." Rose grinned.

"Whatever. The golem protected my life. She can grow in size, but it requires a lot of focus and available ...dirt, I guess? Like Earth. The school says she's my vice weapon, that most golems can't even recreate a soul-like illusion, let alone actually sharing one. But Nessie is sentient. Personally, I find her extremely fun to be around. Rose, think of it as us as being triplets rather than twins."

"Triplets!" Nessie said, as she took a drink. She had found Verick's soda remnants and was using the straw to get at it.

"Should she really be drinking things?" Verick asked, concerned.

"Oh. Yeah. That's fine." Vanessa replied. "I actually had to housebreak her. She has a colon and everything, natural body functions, like-"

"That's not necessary. We can guess." Rose interrupted. "So... theoretically, she could even have children?"

Vanessa and Verick paused, vexed, as they turned to the golem, who seemed unperturbed.

Vanessa turned back, curious.

"I actually have... no idea.. and I don't know if I want to test it... But considering that the rest of her body functions as a female one.... But I don't even know if she shares my genes... would she.." Vanessa stared at the golem, absolutely befuddled. "Would it be like an actual other twin sister? But who would want to sleep with a golem?"

"Lots. I'm irresistible." Nessie pointed a thumb at herself proudly.

"Right..." Vanessa leaned her head on her hand, disinterested. Now that that part of the conversation was over, she took a drink and sighed.

"So did you already order?" she asked.

"Yeah. But the menus are still here. Do you want anything?" Verick replied.

"I could use a bite. That's what I came here for." Vanessa swirled the drink in her glass nonchalantly. "Didn't expect you three, for sure. Especially not Blake or my sister, but I suppose you're part of the package deal with her, eh Verick?"

"Hmm?" Verick said. "Well yeah. Being away from her for too long makes me uneasy, you know? I mean, I love her very much."

"So then, have you already copulated?" Vanessa grinned.

".....Eh?" Verick asked, blinking. Rose was sheepish.

"It's completely natural in the wild. Part of nature. Two creatures who share interest in each other will mate as part of a fundamental instinct."

"Er... rather..." Verick began, actually speechless.

"That's none of your business, Vanessa!" Rose said defensively, her face red. "Don't overstep your boundaries!"

"Right right." Vanessa took another drink, rolling her shoulders out.

Verick patted Rose, trying to calm her down. Meanwhile, Vanessa turned to Blake.

"So, how did you take up these last, few months, handsome?" she asked, putting a hand around him. "I want all the details."

"Wooow!" The young man's amazement seemed almost child-like as he took in deep gulps of the fresh air. He tighten his pale hands on the rails, then leaned back and turned to face the two girls behind him.

"Nemesis! Eirwen! Isn't this amazing?" Blair asked his sister and her best friend, sun and delight clear on his face.

"Huh? Sure." Eirwen replied, her face expressionless as she stared intently at the mark on her hand.

"You aren't even listening!" Blair pouted, blowing air onto the right side of his cheek in a cheeky manner. He didn't spare a second trying to find out what Eirwen was doing and instead turned his attention to Nemesis.

"Nemesis, come here look! You can see fish jumping out of the water!" Blair waved the girl over, inviting her to stare into the sparkling blue ocean with him.

"This isn't the first time you've seen the sea." Eirwen looked up from her hand to her brother, reminding him of the many vacations and cruises they had taken before.

"I know! I know! Still, the sea is so amazing no matter how many times you've been to it! Doesn't it give you guys the most wonderful feeling?" Blair asked, turning to his sister.

"I don't understand. Its just water." Eirwen responded.

"Its so big and ancient and just gives you this feeling of awe! Nemesis, you understand right?"

Though Cherisa was certain the fabric was a kind of bandage, she couldn't tell if she her fingers had brushed his stomach or arm. She thought of asking him if he was okay, but decided it was a stupid question- If he wasn't, then why would he be wondering the ship? Unaware that he was looking at her and expecting a response to his gesture, Cherisa assumed that the man wanted to be left alone with his thoughts again and decided it wasn't her place to intrude (again).

Cherisa had never been to the sea. Her parents had been to a seaside town or two to provide relief from tsunamis in the past, but she hadn't been able to come. Cherisa had seen pictures of the sea before of course and she strongly remembered a commercial in the middle of what had been an extremely cold winter that had advertised a big cruise line and included gorgeous shots of a tropical beach.

She didn't entertain the idea of being able to afford a reservation of such an expensive luxury for even a second. Though her family weren't dirt poor, they certainly couldn't throw away money like that. Cherisa had admitted to herself it would be nice to see the sea.

Now that her small wish was granted, it also came as somewhat of a slap now that she couldn't see it. She wasn't about to wallow in self-pity and remorse however, not even close. Cherisa would make the best of it and would let her imagination provide for her what her eyes couldn't.

It was quickly growing uncomfortably warm in the jacket that she wore, and if there had been a cloud or two to shade from the sun, she hadn't felt it and so concluded that the sky was a clear, unblemished vivid blue and that the sun would have been huge. They were at the back of the ship so the water must be a deep blue color. The railings didn't feel like they had been painted, so they were probably gray and the ship would leave a white trail as it sliced through the waters.

She had finished deciding that a pelican would be flying through the sky with a fish in it's beak instead of a seagull when the man next to her slowly asked if she was alright. Had he wanted to start a conversation with her? Was he waiting for her to say thanks for his gesture? Now that she thought about it she never did thank him, that was terribly rude of her!

"Sorry, I never thanked you, that was really rude of me. Thank you." She looked in the direction of his voice sheepishly. Then spoke up again after a pause, "Sir, do you mind if I asked you what the sea looks like?"

"My, my, that fish is dangerous. I wouldn't get to close if I were you," a velvety voice echoed out to the excitable young man and his companions. The voice belonged to a ethereally beautiful girl with ghost-white skin, and blood red eyes, her lips formed into the perfect, elegant smile of a lady. Her vividly violet hair cascaded just passed her shoulders in subtle waves, and she held a very large, very old-looking tome under her one arm. She looked just like a 'ghostly librarian girl' from a horror anime, and her spooky tone of voice only accentuated that. "It looks harmless, but it's actually quite deadly," she warned, taking a dainty step closer in her dauntingly-high heels. "One prick from the barbs on it's fins, and the poison will have you paralysed within a heartbeat..." She cooed softly, as of such an occurrence would be quite enjoyable to her.

She nodded once politely at the man, and again at the girl near him, before turning her attention to his twin, and, upon looking her over and quirking her eyebrow somewhat, let her smile widen somewhat, letting out another, barely audible 'my, my'.

The young man waited silently as the girl seemed to deftly assess her surroundings, before taking note of her slightly reddened complexion. He was about to ask of she were suffering a fever, before she thanked him rather bashfully. Immediately, the boy felt his own cheeks flush with colour and he let out a slight 'ngh' and looked away despite himself. That... Had been utterly adorable. So adorable it had made him blush. He didn't blush. He hasn't blushed in... He couldn't recall ever having blushed!

Stradying himself, he took a deep breath, and replied softly. "Please, don't worry about that. I was actually worried I'd offended you by assuming you required my help... I've never met a blind person before.." He trailed off thoightfully, adding barely above a whisper, but audible enough to the girl's sensitive ears. "At least I don't think so... I may have done...ugh...I can't remenber...my heads getting all fuzzy again..."

He quickly remembered himself and shook his head calmly, his deep, familiar voice carrying with it a somewhat flustered tone. "In any case, please don't think I think you're rude. And you're welcome," he said with a very slight smile, before turning to look back at the ocean.

And then he heard her request. He couldn't suppress another slight smile as shook his head slightly in amusement that she would be so shy. "Of course you may, and I will reply 'yes'" he said softly, before looking intently at the field of his vision.

"The sky is a bright blue. There is a very small cloud every now and then, but not very many, and they're white and fluffy. The sun is bright and warm today, and it's making the sea glitter," he began, taking an odd amount of joy in describing this to her. "The sea... It's mostly calm, but you can see the currents working against the trail of white froth the boat is making. You can see the mainland in the distance, looking almost light a green blob in the horizon. The water is clear enough in some areas for you to even see rainbow-coloured fish," he continued, leaving out no small detail in his explanation for this girl, somewhat amazed at his own actions.

"Stuff, Hm?" Robin asked, gently cocking his head in clear amusement, a definite mischievous glint in his eye. "O-hoh, and what 'stuff' would you be referring to?" He asked smoothly, shifting his stance slightly and folding his arms. "Surely nothing untoward, I expect?" He asked with a suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows, before laughing musically and giving an amused hand wave. "Hahaha... How about... A magic trick?" He asked, raising his eyebrows meaningfully. "With a wager? I bet I can produce something in one minute that is redder than your face. If I succeed, you must tell me your name. If I fail, I shall find your brother, and kick him in the nuts," he said with a charismatic smile on his face, having been aware of the two's argument earlier the whole time.

Edited by Millennium07

((OMFG ROBIN MADE ME LAUGH FIVE+ TIMES OVER JUST NOW!! Hope my sis didn't notice...))

Sasha

"A wager...." She felt the words on her lips. "Redder than my face. Possibility: not very likely" she answered, feeling her face get hotter. Seems fairly impossible right now. Good luck finding a tomato red enough: it can probably sizzle and cook on my face right about now. "I-i take your wager. Good luck trying" she almost stamped her foot down. Either one I would be glad for: telling him my name would be something I would do anyway, but him kicking my brother in the nuts...Should it be the other way around? Nah. She had a slight smile appear before she realized it. It quickly faded away, and her face got redder. Good luck NOW.

((Lol is Robin fun to play? I imagine he is. He is funny to read lol))

"Yes, I get it. It's the sea. Woah. A giant body of water that smells like salt." Nemesis half-groaned. She hadn't seen the sea before, but she didn't really see anything to get excited about. If you asked her, and no one ever did, Blair was just a bit too childish. Turning to Eirwen, she asked, "So, any thoughts on us all being Saints? It's just a bit too improbable in my opinion. Seriously, cosmic coincidences like this typically end badly." Nemesis fimished, thinking back to an episode in the podcast she'd been listening to where an adorable creature that seemed too good to be true turned put to be a biomechanical creature whose goal was to assassinate the narrator/protagonist. In Nemesis's opinion, this was, in a way, the same situation. She's friends with Eirwen, and while she can't really tolerate Blair that much, he is her best, and only, friend's brother, who her friend would most likely miss. And all three of them were going to the same Academy that's only available to people with special powers? Nemesis shook her head slightly to get her mind out of the pessimistic thought train and turned on one of the songs from the podcast she had referenced in her mind, the song "Absentee" be the faint but noticeable background to the answer that would almost certainly follow.

Robin smirked in victory as soon as she agreed. "Perfect," he said elatedly, before effecting a shocked expression. "Wait, what's that?" He said, focusing his vision just behind her left ear. Raiding his right arm and with a flick of his wrist, he reached out and gently moved her hair, quickly pulling back his hand... Holding a deep scarlet rose.

"Looks like I win," he said mischievously, with a Cheshire Cat smile.

((He is, yes xd.png Though having said that, so are Morgan and David, though in different ways XP))

((Oh my god LOLOLL I have to try not laughing six times over in tech class. Or at least making it evident I am on.))

"Ah-" she couldn't even finish when he reached behind her ear and pulled out a rose. A deep scarlet rose. Doooohhhhhh I wanted to see my brother get kicked in the nuts...oh well. "Fine then. I will stay true to my word. My name is Sasha Arkus." I know, dopey, right? She started to feel her red face lighten, then she had trouble staying up. Sasha, whatever you do, DON'T faint, don't faint, DO NOT FAINT!!! Stay strong, stay meat headed, stay...She felt woozy. "Sorry, it's just...I am tired. Yeah, that's all!" She said with a chuckle. The sweat beads and redness started to return.

((Sasha is pretty fun, too. Can't say much about Esko yet, waiting for polar))

"Nice to meet you Esko!" Aspen said cheerfully. She giggled when he pointed to the bathroom. I'm always this hyper." She told him with a grin. "You nervous? Cause I'm not. I'm actually kinda excited. I mean, we get to train, and hunt demons, and train some more, and then kill more demons, and so on! Oh and we get paired together which is like, really cool. I mean, it would kinda stink if you didn't like the person you were paired with, ya know? So I'm super excited!" She rambled. Aspen didn't even realize that she did it - she just ended up talking and talking and not really noticing how much she actually talked. It drove some people crazy, while others would just chuckle and listen (or not, it really just depends).

Atlas took one more glance at the horizon before turning back to the scene on the boat. He had missed a few things, like Robin and Sasha's mating dance, a particular Light Saint playing Loki with her abilities, a woman with odd hair who apparently felt the need to warn them of the dangers they all knew they'd face, among other things.

He cared little for such things, but stifled a chuckle none the less. It had been rather amusing, even though he believed that they were somehow wasting time. He had half a mind to call them all out on it, but his good judgement rather swiftly curb stomped that idea into the cold hard ground.

Atlas glanced around the ship. It looked relatively normal, for the most part; there were two sides to it, stairs on each leading up to the higher levels, while more led down into the bowels. He briefly wondered whether the labyrinths of demons he knew they all were going to face would come even remotely close to anything he had ever known. And just like that, he knew that they probably would not.

Starting from his position at the railing, Atlas turned to the right, ascending the stairs to the second level. At the top now, he turned to the left and leaned against yet another railing, watching the rest of his brothers and sisters as they gayly frolicked with one another.

And yet, even as reclusive as he was, Atlas half-hoped one of them would come and frolick with him, instead.

Blake watched silently as Rose and Verick's conversation went awry. He felt confused - though his knowledge about Vanessa's sister was minimalistic, she seemed to be the type of person that picked their words well. Also, he was confident she'd thwart Verick's attempts to ruin it by using a more... sensitive topic, or a bad choice of words - not that he thought that he was bad, but he just seemed intolerant about other people's thoughts or opinions. Eh, he seemed nice otherwise, and everyone had some issue, so he could over look it.

"Welcome back." He greeted the two as they returned to the booth they had taken a seat in. He seemed suprised when he saw Verick carry Rose over bridally, then placed her down on his own and took a seat next to her. It was interesting for him to notice how the man acted with his loved one - and, for one, he had to say he was impressed.

"Yes, it's high time you told us just how you're still here... and calm mein Herz." Blake spoke out, finishing his sentence rather poetically, then watched her closely. He was curious as to why she winked just after saying they'd show them, but his first thoughts thankfully proved to be wrong. Instead, he shifted his gaze toward the table top. The doll on top was very, very intricate. Moments passed by as he stared at it, then back at Vanessa. The white hair, stylized into braids, as well as the deep, blue eyes... it was truly a perfect copy of her. Confusion turned into disbelief as he watched Vanessa manipulate the doll using energy, only for it to momentarily sit up and even speak.

"... Just... what... how..." Blake spoke out, unable to utter anything more than those few words. This was a live golem, but a puppet at the same time... and yet, it was a mirror of her soul. He snapped out of thoughts as Vanessa moved her hand and lifted the clothing of her miniature form, revealing a proportionally large scar on its chest. That was the same location where he'd seen blood on her form... and only then did everything come together. A flurry of emotions filled his mind as the memories of that night came flooding into it. Her death, his anger... the feeling of fresh blood on his hands... so warm, revitalizing... he turned his head down and looked at his red-covered palms...

"Gah!" Blake gasped out as he resurfaced from his thoughts. Of course, his hands weren't really red with blood, but at that moment, it had seemed so real. He shook his head clear of the horrifying thoughts, then turned back to listen to the others.

It appeared that the little doll was, in fact, almost a fully-fledged human being. Vanessa had modeled it to be as human - or, rather, as Vanessa as possible. Though he could mainly compare physical aspects, he figured that mental and inner organ ones also matched up. Not only that, but it could also grow in size, which would definitely explain how the golem he'd seen in the basement was as big as his loved one. So far, this truly seemed like something out of a fantastic novel. In a way, it was a boundless clone of Vanessa. Though they were wondering if it could reproduce, Blake knew that size, at least, wouldn't be a problem, since that could be increased using energy. Thus, all that remained was to think if the systems within the golem actually worked THAT far.

Deciding that the trail of thought was going somewhere he found really unsettling, he dropped it immediately and turned back to his surroundings instead. He silently took the menu in front of him and flipped through the pages, then decided on a simple and balanced meal. He turned to listen to Vanessa as she spoke to Rose and Verick. Curiosity became evident in his eyes at her mention of copulation. As she grinned, he simply smirked, shook his head and then turned to look at the other two.

"You two certainly had time on your hands... though, I guess, the choice of rushing it or keeping it slow is up for you two." Blake added to Vanessa's words with a sly grin, then softly sighed. The bartender passed by soon after he went silent and took a glance at the other occupants of the bar, then dropped off a full glass of whiskey in front of the young man.

"Guessed you'd want to try some with your mouth instead of only with your clothes. Just keep it quiet... we shouldn't serve alcohol to you youngsters yet, but I'll make an exception this time - mainly cause you look like you need it." He spoke softly, then took a look around and took off. Blake silently watched as the man walked off, then turned his eyes toward the glass. The drink's color was neutralized by the dark blue glass. From the side, it looked an innocent glass of water. However, he knew what was inside. After sharing a quick glance with the other three, then grabbing the glass, Blake downed a fourth of the liquid inside. Then, he put it down and turned to look at Vanessa. He listened to her question and lifted his eyebrows curiously at the mention of handsome. Nodding it off as just a joke, Blake then started to speak.

"Well. Immediately after the incident, I was contacted by the school. They managed to cover up my killing from the public, but not from the Saints - and, well, I didn't much care about it." The young man started off as he recalled what had happened to him before. His hand went to take the glass of alcohol again, but subconciously, he supressed the urge. He was like that when Vanessa was gone - now, she was here, and there was no reason to drink. At least, there was nothing to forget by drinking. Instead, he slightly pulled her closer with the arm that was still around her.

"I... let's say I tried quite a lot of things to get my mind out of the past. I won't name them all, but with all the drugs and alcohol I used, I can confidently say that I'm better than a pharmaceutical expert and a professional, high-end barman." Blake continued on and attempted to lessen the impact of his words using a small joke. He was unsure if it'd work, but Vanessa didn't seem to be as emotional as he was about the reunion, so he hoped she wouldn't pay too much heed.

"Anyways. Ignoring the drinking habits, as well as anti-depressants and narcotics, I started some new combat courses. Stealth, combat, tactics - all the things I would need after being classifed as a Darkness Saint." He told the three on the table, then instinctively turned to look at the doll. Would it react to his words? Maybe, maybe not.

"So. In a nutshell - alcohol, drugs, training. Won't go into the sorrow part, cause there was... way too much of that for me to cover it in one go. Plus, I don't feel like ruining everyone's day with my sob stories." Blake finished, then turned back forward. He grabbed the liquor-filled glass, slightly shook the beverage inside around, then downed it in one go and silently placed the glass down. A moment of silence passed as he waited for the dizziness from his head to fade away. After that, he turned to look at the other two.

"Verick, Rose, how about you two? What happened to you whilst we were... gone?"

Edited by KuroKishi

Esko

Esko listened to this girl ramble on and on. Aspen was her name. " Im not nervous for myself. I worry for my sister. I hope she isn't paired up with a total jack*ss. You know what I mean?" He asked. "So, what kind of guy would you want to be paired up with? A calm, cool, collected guy, or someone as hyper as you?" Luckily for Aspen, Esko wasn't some sorta seducer or whatever. Unlike that...Robin Bell guy? He hoped he caught the name right before his hyena laughing fit. Speaking of which....he hoped Sasha was alright and that Robin guy didn't try to charm her just to cause drama. Should he go over there? Eh, knowing Sasha, if he tried to TOUCH her In an akward manner, she might go and kick him in the groin without thinking. She is stronger than she looks.

Esko knew his sis. She was fine. Plus, she was 16. She knew better....ish.

((Should the ferry dock soon?))

Verick and Rose stared at Blake's cup in shock, concerned.

"That was.. alcohol...?" Verick asked, confused. Rose shrugged.

"If that's allowed, I should have ordered wine. I've always wanted to try it." she said.

Vanessa, however, was staring at Blake coldly. Immediately, she backhanded him.

"You drank? Did drugs?" she said, annoyed. "Because I died? Are you serious?"

She grabbed his collar, pulling him close and forcing him to stare into her eyes.

"No matter if I had actually died or not, do you think I would have wanted you to do that? Ruin your body like that, just because of regret? Well I wouldn't have. It's selfish."

After a moment of staring at him in anger, she kissed him and pulled backward, still irritated.

"I did miss you. But I knew we'd meet again. I apologize. You didn't know I lived. But still, Blake, you should never have.. never have done those things. Your body is a sacred thing. It was made for you. Never... never do that again. Ever."

She sighed, rubbing her forehead.

"This has taken a turn I didn't want. Let's just.. forget about the past and focus on the future."

Verick nodded, Rose agreeing. However, Rose did proceed to inform Blake and Vanessa of the government incident, their testing, and their thoughts about Mr. Fenson.

"Fenson? Eh? I knew a Mrs. Fenson. She's the one who sent the letter to me while I was in the Appalachians." Vanessa frowned. "But Mister? I don't know him. Is he on the ship?"

"He is. He says Mrs. Fenson is his wife." Rose shrugged. "But I don't know where his room is."

"Interesting." Vanessa said. "But we'll leave that for another time. For now, Blake and I are going to spend some more time catching up. If you two want, you can go about your business. We'll meet up with you later."

"We don't really have anything important to d-" Verick began. Rose shushed him, patting him.

"Verick, I'd like to go take a nap, if possible. I'm feeling very tired." she said, winking at Vanessa.

Verick immediately stood to his full height, carrying her, his face filled with determination.

"IMMEDIATELY, milady!" he said loudly, and dashed out of the room with her in his arms, heading back to the rooms.

Vanessa grinned and turned back to Blake.

"So, you love me, right?" she asked, bemused. "I mean, I don't think you would have gone to such lengths if you just thought of me as a friend."

Blake watched Rose and Verick as they turned to look at his empty whiskey glass. Maybe they were suprised he was drinking already, but he wouldn't say no to a free tip from the barman. Plus, the fact that Vanessa was here didn't mean that old habits would evaporate easily. No, it would take time... but he'd try. He silently shrugged at the woman's remark about wine, wondering if they would allow it. Maybe not true wine, but an alcohol-free version... sure. Knowing they still respected the usual restrictions that a teenager of that age had, even when they had a chance of dying young, was slightly bemusing. Well, he wasn't one to complain. He turned to look at Vanessa, but he only noticed her cold, piercing gaze. First confusion, after which worry filled his eyes as he instinctively prepared for a blow. The hand that hit his face shortly afterward was definitely a suprise, but he knew that he deserved it. He rubbed at the sore cheek, then reopened his eyes and released a reluctant sigh.

Blake was suprised, however, when Vanessa took hold of his collar and pulled him in front of her face. His dull, lifeless, pain-filled gray eyes stared back at her own blue ones. At her comment, he shook his head negatively.

"I had to LIVE with the knowledge that you were dead, forever. I had to LIVE with the fact that I was a murderer. I had to LIVE every day without the one most important for me, Vanessa, and that crushed me! You had something to come back to - all I had was a wasted past and a ruined future!" Blake harshly answered her, his voice laced with anger. He would have continued, had he not been silenced by Vanessa's next move. A feeling of serenity washed over him as they shared a momentary kiss. Though it was short-lived, it had left him rather... speechless. He quietly turned to stare at the outside through the window on his left, the feeling of both guilt, embarassment and shame making him unwilling to get back in eye contact again.

Seconds passed by as his slightly-flushed features returned to their natural color. A few deep breaths later, and he was now calm yet again. Quietly, he turned around and stared at Vanessa with a look of regret. However, she, as well as Rose and Verick, had started talking about something else. Well, at least they weren't angered by his display. He nonchalantly listened at the conversation, but noted who they were speaking about. The Fensons, eh? His message's sender was a Mr. Fenson, too. That meant that it was either the directors of the school or formal Saint recruiters. It would be logical to think that they were on board, too, as they were probably the main reason for all the people that were on board.

Shaking his head clear of the thought, Blake instead turned toward Vanessa. She wanted time so she could catch up with him... and, though Verick didn't notice it, he had caught the wink that Rose had sent her sister after obliging with her 'tiny request'. The two disappeared yet again in a spectacular fashion. The young man looked at his love as she turned around to look at him. This time, he met her gaze with both confidence and calmness. However, his gray eyes widened yet again in suprise after he heard her interesting question.

"Hmm..." Blake began to speak as he crossed his arms across his chest. He pondered silently for a moment, then turned back to look at Vanessa. A small smile appeared on his face as he softly nodded at her, then continued his words.

"If it wasn't already obvious... yes. Yes, I do." He told her with a calm tone, then extended his arms forward. Silently, he took her own hand in both of his own. The warmth that came from it felt extremely calming on his nerves. He drew a breath as he stared down, then looked back up and into her eyes.

"You've known me since my weakest, Van. I only changed because of what you did for me, and I am really thankful. Our friendship hasn't been the longest, I'll admit, but... before I knew it, you seemed more important for me than anything else. I valued the time we spent together. I never had the confidence to step forward, and I was pretty sure I wouldn't have it for so much more time. However, when I first lost you... I knew that it was a mistake. So, I woved to never repeat what I did. I became more confident, I promised I would protect the one I deared... and I told myself to not waste time anymore." Blake told Vanessa as he gazed into her eyes fearlessly. He could never see himself doing this less than a year ago. At least, now, he had the power to change things.

"Vanessa Springs, I love you. As a classmate, as a friend, as a lover. The question is... what do you think of me?" He bravely spoke out as he felt his cheeks slightly redden. This felt way too romantic, too cliché... but he didn't care now. What mattered was that he would never waste his time anymore. No, he'd be up front with his feelings. Plus, even if things went avry, he could blame it on the whiskey... no, his old self could. He'd take it like a man. He silently released her hand, then waited for her response.

Edited by KuroKishi

Vanessa pondered for a long moment, allowing him to take her hand in his, and then grinned.

"Blake Cromwell, I have waited a long, damn time to hear those words from you. I hope you understand that. And I want you to know, even before all that, the feelings were - and are - mutual. Very."

She placed a hand on his shoulder, leaning close.

"But know this. I'm a very free-spirited woman. I won't stand to be confined. I'm very selfish, so don't try to be with anyone else. I'm patient, but I don't want to wait forever. And I'll stay with you forever like a stone, and you'll be hard pressed to be rid of me." she stated, pleased. "Think you can handle all that?"

-------

Rose, meanwhile was currently laying on her bed in the yacht's residential area, Verick sitting by her side. Verick was there simply to provide defense and conversation while she needed it until she slept. Then, he would just play games while he waited for her to awake. Leaving the room though was a bad idea for either of them.

It would only make him anxious, and make her uneasy. She liked for him to be nearby while she slept, and he had always assured her he would not leave her side during it.

"Do you think they'll be fine together?" Rose asked quietly, her breathing slowing as she began to near sleep.

"Yeah sure." Verick replied, setting up a few things so he could enjoy a bit of gaming. "Don't worry about it. Blake may be a bit shy but Vanessa brings him out into the open, right? That's what you used to say, anyway. I'm sure it'll be ok."

"...That's good.." Rose said, as sleep finally took her.

((Okay, so not docking... But almost))

"Good evening, I am Ms. Iori, secretary for the academy," a polite, gentle female voice reverberated around the boat. We've spoken briefly before - I was the one who sent each of you flowers when you were staying at our research facility. I look forward to meeting each and every one if you!" She beamed, even through voice alone. "The ferry will be docking in roughly ten minutes, so get ready everyone! I'll be waiting!" She have a little giggle before sounding off.

Robin smiled. "Sasha... What a lovely name," he grinned brightly and gave a playful wink. "My name is Robin Bell, it's truly a pleasure to meet you," he said, giving a deep bow and kissing the girl's hand, before standing up straight with a flourish. "A las, however, mon chére, it is time for me to depart. For you you must have heard that announcement just now~ I must fetch my things from my cabin," he turned around dramatically, and walked a few paces before turning his head and smirking. "Be seeing you again," and with that, he flounced off toward the side of the ship.

((Can't reply properly because I'm waiting on Lilly and Req(And when you read this, Lilly, please don't get worried, it's fine, you have stuff to do!, but basically the ship will be docking soon!

Also our first look at one of the principle members of staff at the academy~))

Atlas got up and looked to the back of the boat, just now realizing exactly how fast everything was actually moving. There were thick waves, as the stem of the boat sliced through the water like a knife. The speck on the horizon; it had been small at first, but gradually became bigger and bigger. It was almost a trip, but Atlas hadn't been paying much attention to it in the first place. Now, though, he focused on it, almost giddy with anticipation. His downcast feelings were thrown aside, as he waited for a healthy enough chance for a test.

The light disobeyed him at first. He had to force it to his will, which was more taxing than it should have been. Atlas had forgotten just how much it had taken from him to use his abilities, and that same fatigue returned as quick as the sun spread over the earth. Already, he felt drowsy, yet only a moment ago he was alert and wide-awake. But even though it was hard, he had a point to prove to himself.

A disc formed under his feet, and tendrils which shot out held his feet fast to it. Two long shafts blinked into reality, as the same whips rose and dug themselves securely onto his legs. He rose slightly into the air, as a wide smile grew across his face. And then, suddenly as it appeared, the disc vanished, leaving a grinning Atlas on the ground.

It was taxing. Incredibly taxing. But Atlas knew that with the right conditioning, Saints of Light would be able to fly for extended periods of time. There would be flukes at first, unaccounted-for variables, but they could be fixed. And then, eventually and with training, it could gradually grow smaller and smaller, until only a speck was needed to achieve his goal.

But that didn't mean it came with risks. Because of the intense demand, men and women were always prone to simply falling unconscious. And then there was a whole 'nother set of things to consider. It was easy to kill yourself with this, and incredible periods of time using it were dangerous. The sun itself was being harnessed, and that meant that it would leave its own marks. It would burn to use. In order for safety, you had to be fastened securely to the disc. It wrapped tightly around, perhaps constricting circulation. Pressure regulation was a chore in and of itself, but Atlas still stood there smiling.

Finally, he'd be free.

(( Woo! We're getting somewhere, ladies and gents! ))

Blake stared at Vanessa silently, anxious to learn her answer. He could feel the 'butterflies' in his stomach doing barrel rolls as his body barely held back the sheer excitement and happiness that filled his entire being. He uttered a few prayers from the top of his head and opened his eyes, only to see her grinning at him. Her next words truly made the whole thing worth. She liked him, too - and at that moment, he was about to burst out of his seat, had she not gotten close. Curiously, he calmed himself and listened to her next words. At first, he stood still, as if shocked from her words. However, moments later, he turned his head down and started to chuckle. His chuckle turned into a full-blown laughter soon afterward that was barely contained by the booth they were in. A minute passed by until he came to a stop and then calmed his breathing. He smiled softly, then placed his own hand on her shoulder. With both their right hands, it looked as if they were creating some kind of pact.

"Oh, I know you quite well, Vanessa. I know your adventurous, free side; I know your selfishness; hell, I even know you think of yourself as a burden. But, you see... that's not something that could turn me off." Blake started off speaking, then released her shoulder. He took her free hand again and then inhaled softly before continuing his words.

"If anything, that's what made me choose you. I like you because you want to live life to its fullest. I like you even more because you are cutely selfish. And... I love you because you will be forever by my side. In return, I will let you be yourself, for that is what I like. I won't deceive you, for you are too important for me. And I won't be burdened by you even in your worst days, because you are what keeps me alive." He spoke out, smiled softly at her and placed his hands on her sides. Then, he leaned forward... but pulled back when a female voice told them to prepare over the intercom.

"Ah, dammit!" Blake said, then childishly huffed at how the moment had been ruined. He got up and circled the table, then stopped next to his female companion. A quick shake of his head later to calm down the dizzy feeling from the alcohol, he turned to her and offered his hand.

"Well, let's go prepare our stuff. We have a lot to do, don't you think?" He smirked slightly at Vanessa, then froze and pondered for a moment. A devilish grin appeared on his face as he thought up a crazy idea. In a quick set of movements, he had managed to loop his hands around her upper back and under her knees. Slowly pulling her out so she didn't hit the table, he lifted her up, just like Verick had done.

"Aaand we're off!" He yelled out as he dashed at the door, nodding thankfully at the bartender who pushed it open with a soft smile. The older man softly sighed, shook his head and returned to work with a smirk.

Edited by KuroKishi

Harley chuckled. "Well, I guess I'll leave you two to your own devices now. I'm going to go… find a… sand… dollar… er… something… Um, yeeeeaaah…" She said awkwardly, scooting out of the conversation and walking backwards across the deck, still facing them. Unfortunately, walking across the deck backwards has it's… drawbacks, one of which includes running into people. Which is exactly what she happened to do. She turned around to see the person she'd bumped.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." She said, scratching the back of her head apologetically.

She looked at the girl before her, she looked maybe a year younger then Harley, and she wore a pretty black skirt and a purple shirt. She was also pretty short, and had darker skin then most people on the boat.

"My name's Harley, by the way. What's yours?"

Latoya stumbled, a brief gasp of surprise leaving her lips. Turning, a feminine voice quickly gave out a sincere apology and she smiled in reassurance. "It's okay, really!" she replied, examining the girl. Harley was how she introduced herself and Latoya tilted her head. "It's not often you hear the name Harley. I quite like it honestly. Anyways, I'm Latoya! It's nice meeting you!" she responded.

"Are you excited about going to the academy? Any hopes for which element you'll develop? Personally, I want to be a Light Saint! It'd be so fascinating!"

A voice sounded over the speakers on the ship and Latoya paused, turning her head towards the closest speaker she could find. Miss Iori? Docking in ten minutes? Well, that certainly would require a hustle. "Oh, I'm sorry! I need to go pack up my things! I didn't know what to wear today so I've got a few different outfits laying about," she remarked sheepishly, excusing herself before hurrying off to her room.

~~~~

“I’ve put some thought into it, but so far I haven’t shown signs of a particular element,” Chuan Li and decided when the mark appeared to not think too deeply on his element. If he had his mind set on one, it could blind him of the possibilities in the other element. All of the personality cues on what your element was were only guidelines on what usually happened after all. Setting his decision now on what he was before he knew for certain could be damaging. “I would prefer to wait until I know before making any assumptions. Though it can be hard to stop yourself from wondering sometimes.”

“It’s much like how it can be hard to stop myself from wondering about who my partner will be. I will likely be spending most of the next three years with them after all. It seems that you caught me in the act of one of those episodes, sorry about that,” he tested the waters with that topic. Implying that the reason he had been inspecting Antonio was to see how good of  partner he would be on a physical level. Of course that did seem silly, just because one looked capable did not mean that they actually were. It also did not say anything abut personality or how they would get along, which was the most important part.

"That's fair enough reasoning," Antonio replied, nodding his head slowly. He chuckled at Chuan Li's remark about often wondering. "I share the sentiment." Smiling easily at the boy's apology, Antonio shook his head slightly. "Don't worry about it. Personally, I don't care who I might end up with so long as we can get along and work together. You know?"

Getting to his feet, he put the book back onto the shelf and paused at the sound of a woman's voice on the communication system. "Guess that's our cue to get ready, huh?" he remarked, jabbing his thumb towards the doorway. "Well, guess I'll see ya on the docks then." With that, he waved in farewell and started exiting the library.

At the mention of the announcement, Rose merely sighed in exasperation. The noise had awoken her.

"We'll be docking soon, apparently." she muttered, moving slightly from where she lay.

"I'll pack for both of us. Just take this time to nap for a bit longer, ok?" Verick assured, beginning to grab their things. He'd just unpacked his console and everything too. He was slightly irritated.

"Should we dock separately from Vanessa and Blake, or..?" Rose asked, turning her head to look at him.

"Probably not. We can go together to get them."

"Where are their rooms?"

"No clue." Verick shrugged. "We can check the manifest."

"Right.." Rose closed her eyes again, quiet, and hopeful.

----

"Well this is a welcome surprise!" Vanessa said happily from where she was in Blake's arms. "You never would have done this when we were younger!"

As they ran, she spoke again.

"Oh. My room number is 210, by the way, upper decks." she said, suddenly remembering.

Blake quietly nodded as he walked forward along the bridge. Of course, he was avoiding the people downstairs, but a couple caught him moving along with Vanessa in tow nonetheless. Silently, he walked forward and along the deck, then went down the set of stairs around the back. Moving around the back hastily, he managed to reach the corridor with their rooms.

"Room 208... Room 209... Room 210." He counted and came to stop in front of the room number, then slowly and gracefully opened the door. Deciding that it would be rude to see her room without being allowed to, Blake slowly let Vanessa step on her feet.

"I'm in Room 203. Meet me when you're done." The young man spoke out to her, then gave her a quick peck on the cheek before rushing off to fix his own baggage. He had quite a bit to tidy up.

Sasha

"Uh...um...thanks..." She nervously said, smiling a bit. She was actually quite sad when he had to go. "Yeah. You have a-!!!" Her face reddened by Robin's action. He kissed her hand?! SASHA, YOU BETTER NOT FAINT! STAY STRONG! She started to hope inside that she might be paired with him. It is like Esko said: there is a 1 in whatever big number that I might be paired with him. Esko. She wondered of his whereabouts. "Um, so bye now, uh.. Yeah" . Sasha headed to her cabin, now suddenly relived that the ship would dock in ten minutes. When she got there, she packed the few things she had, including a computer and router she found in a box onthe street one day. The computer was in near perfect condition. In fact, she found it before boarding the ferry. When she was done, she just laid down and counted the seconds.

Esko

"Oh. Well what do you know. Sorry I have to go. It was a pleasure meeting you, Aspen. I hope to see you soon" Esko bowed so slightly. He left, his cloak flowing a bit. When he arrived at his cabin, he packed the little items he had. Some clothing. A few pieces of metal. Some other stuff. A sack of money. He wondered why someone would drop a sack of money on a dock. Well, so far, there are no time bombs in it. He wondered if Sasha was alright.

She better be.

((Man, I squeezed a LOT. More than I usually do. Achievement get!))

Chuan Li gave a slight nod with Antonio’s statement. “Yes, whether you can work with your partner is more important than anything else,” he agreed. Before the two could continue to discuss the entire situation about being a Saint and what would happening, they were interrupted by a chime that played on the intercom system. A woman began to speak, introducing herself and informing them to get ready. Looks like their conversation would have to be cut short.

“Pleasure speaking with you,” he got up as Antonio did, exiting the library and heading to his room. Majority of the possessions he brought with him were already packed. He would just need to change into his uniform pack up the clothes he was currently wearing and all would be ready.

(Nevertheless, I'm so sorry ;~; )

At the the sound of the stranger's voice, Blair's head turned to face her. The first thing that he noticed was her strange violet hair, not being able to stop himself from thinking how strange it was before he met her eyes. Her eyes were a blood red color and her skin a deathly pale. The boy then finally noticed how attractive she was and instantly thought of a vampire.

The woman warned Blair of the dangers of the fish he was marveling at then took a tiny step forward, her high heels making that tapping noise that high heels made (Lol great sound description Blair). Instead of backing away, the boy leaned even closer over the railing, letting out another "Woow!" Before turning back to the girl.

"Can you eat it? I wonder if its a relative of the puffer fish-" Whatever else Blair had to say was drowned out by the announcement.

"I'm going to pack then. I suggest you all do the same." She turned to her best friend,

"Nemesis, quit sulking." With that she left, not paying any mind to the stranger.

(Eirwen, why you so cold? QQ)

"I see. Thank you." Cherisa looked to where his voice came from and gave him a bright smile. She turned her head back to face the sea, imagining the sky as a bit softer shade of blue now that she was informed that there were a couple of clouds in the sky. She had no idea the boat was so close to land but she could now easily imagined an island with a lush forest and sparkling white beaches. The water would be a clear see through blue near the island and the fish he described would look tiny from where they stood.

It was somewhat comical the way Cherisa quickly flinched and pushed back from the railing as the loud voice abruptly announced that the ferry would be docking soon.

"That startled me." She defended her actions, letting out a nervous laugh. "I should get back to my room and get my stuff." Cherisa hadn't even touched anything she had brought with her, deciding that she would rather not scramble for items at the last moment. She still had trouble getting around the ferry, but decided ten minutes to look for her room was more then enough time.

"It was nice meeting you, I hope we'll meet again?"

(May I ask how long the students stayed at the research facility and how long they've been on the boat?)

Edited by Lilraaos

((I haven't said, have I ._. Um. About three days? Yes, about that. Not too long, but definitely a few overnight stays. David would NOT have been amused because it's a converted hospital. And you know him and hospitals, Lilly...))

The Blair-branded vampire simply smiled sweetly and the boy's naïveté, before watching as who she presumed was his sister walk away. From her luscious her, to her elegant steps, she was sure that what she was feeling... Was probably the start of a partnership. She had always liked analysing emotions, and was quite surprised by how hot and bothered that girl had made her without doing anything. However one thought jumped out at her as she watched her walk away. One inescapable thought...

'Nice ass'

She chuckled to herself, before tapping the clueless boy on the shoulder. "Excuse me, dear heart, but could you deliver this slip of paper to that girl just now? I have a feeling she'll be needing it before too long," she said in a voice as soft as silk, batting her eyelids deliberately. "Thank you in advance..." She said sweetly, briefly stroking his face, before departing to get ready herself.

The slip of paper, it should be said, had three things on it. A name, and a mobile number.

Her name and phone number, to be orecise. 'Morgan Hart' was the band, followed by the number, followed by... Just three words. 'Yes, I'm single'.

However, just as one person left... Another rounded the corner. It was the flirtatious musician, Robin Bell, who was clearly in a good mood. He smiled and winked at Nemesis as he walked by, but stopped abruptly when he saw Blair, holding Morgan's note and still leaning over the railing. He was instantly struck by such a spectacle.

"No, fairest one!" He called out to Blair, completely unaware of the latter's true gender. "I know you seek your true love, but your Prince Charming is not at the bottom of the sea," he said smoothly, striding over to Blair and placing a hand softly on his shoulder. "I'm right here!" He said brightly, a beaming smile on his face.

The withdrawn young man blushed softly and ran a hand awkwardly through his hair. "Ah... Haha... You're welcome. Anytime you need a pair of eyes, just come to me," he said kindly, having the distinct impression he'd said that before. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, feeling the wind on his face and letting it relax him. It was funny. He hated human company. And yet... Being here with this girl was right. It felt right. Familiar even... It was almost like this scene had happened once before...

Before he could follow up on that however, the announcement shook David out of his reprieve.

"Ngh," David groaned at the sudden noise, before laughing softly. "It's fine, don't worry. It startled me a bit too," he said soothingly, before nodding as she spoke. "Id better grab what little I bothered bringing with me too," he said in response, referring to pretty much his katana, his violin, and an easel. "Well if you wanted, I could help you get to your room... But I don't want to sound to patronising," he smiles wryly before nodding. He was completely unaware of the impact the following words may have on the innocent blind girl, if it hasn't already become apparent to her from his speaking pattern and voice. "If not, and you ever need to find me, my name is David Beale. Or at least... That's what they told me it was when I woke up in the hospital with amnesia anyway... I do vaguely recall the name though, so I don't really question it," he said softly, a vague hint of wistful melancholy in his voice.

As they finished packing, (well, as Verick finished packing for the two of them), they heard Blake rushing past the room. Verick looked out in time to see him and Vanessa running along their hallway, to the end of it.

"Funny... Vanessa's room was on our floor." Verick commented, grinning.

"How miraculous." Rose said, rubbing her eyes. She turned to the clock, sighing.

"It's almost time, isn't it?"

"It is." Verick nodded, lifting their bags. Hers, of course, was more feminine, covered in shells to match the theme of a yacht. Verick's, however, was more plain. He'd taken the time to draw flames in black marker all over it for fun when he got bored. He hoisted them both over his shoulder comfortably, nodding to Rose.

"Well, staying around here won't get anything done. Let's go grab Vanessa and then try to find Blake." he said, helping her out of the bed.

She leaned upon him as they walked, still slightly tired. They headed out the door and down the hall, locking the door behind them as they were told when they boarded. They then headed to where Verick said he had seen Vanessa be left.

"209? Maybe? Or 210?" Verick said, scratching his head.

"210, honey."

Verick turned. Vanessa was already packed, opening her door with a grin on her face.

"I didn't bring much, so it didn't take me long. You guys wantin' to disembark together?" she asked, holding her own bag over her left shoulder, as well as a backpack over her right.

"I can take those for you, if you want.." Verick began.

"Nope. That's Blake's job. You handle Rose." she said whimsically, patting him on the shoulder. "You've done well at that so far, I think."

She headed down the hallway with a casual walk. Verick and Rose followed diligently.

"Blake?" Vanessa asked as she knocked on his door. "Are you done yet? Need any help?"