purplenewt

Mockingjay Part 1

Who's looking forward to it?

I am! xd.png

I am, kind of. They did a good job making the first two movies, which leads me to believe that this one will also be good. I didn't care too much for the book.

Of the three books, Mockingjay was my least favorite, but I still really liked it. I especially liked how Katniss referred to the war on the Capital as another arena. I'm curious to see what the war will look like, since I have a hard time picturing it in my head. I get the feeling this movie will be the least exciting, though.

I just watched it yesterday!

My favorie scene is where the take the power dam and the distrect 7 part where the yell if we burn you burn with us!

I loved the first two movies, but I have a feeling this movie wont be good. I wish they just made it into 1 part. It feels like it's gonna be a drag.

I watched it yesterday. I didn't read the books, the first two movies were ok, this one was meh.

Yeah, it wasn't as great as I was hoping, but it wasn't bad either, in my opinion. My favorite part was District 3 taking out all the power in the Capital, although I'm pretty sure that wasn't mentioned in the book. Part 2 is going to be way better, I think.

It was good - not awful, not amazing, but good. It has to pick up speed for all the insanity that happens in the last part of the book. Favorite part by far was the 'Hanging Tree' song. Gorgeous.

Mockingjay would have to be my least favourite out of the Hunger Games series and I was hoping that the movie would change my mind on how dull the book was but nope. It was soo boring and dragged out unnecessary scenes from the book. But overall, the movie was alright. Not my favourite film in the whole entire world but definitely not my least. The ending was a bit weird for me though, I wish it stopped with Peeta strangling Katniss instead of him thrashing around on the bed.

I'm probably the odd one in that Mockinjay was my favorite book in the series. Anything that makes me THAT sad for a week or more is awesome. Plus it showed the real risks and tragedy of war instead of saying "everyone lives happily ever after".

Mockingjay Part 1 did a good job and I did cry at the end (and I think they chose the perfect scene to end it on).

I bit boring, although the way it incorporated a darker tone to describe war was interesting. I must admit that I laughed at some parts that I probably shouldn't have.

I'm probably the odd one in that Mockinjay was my favorite book in the series. Anything that makes me THAT sad for a week or more is awesome. Plus it showed the real risks and tragedy of war instead of saying "everyone lives happily ever after".

Mockingjay Part 1 did a good job and I did cry at the end (and I think they chose the perfect scene to end it on).

Shame on me. I laughed at the last scene. I don't think that Josh Hutcherson was the right pick to play Peeta.

Edited by Niyaka

I agree, I think the ending should have ended with Peeta trying to strangle Katniss since Susanne Collins left cliffhangers at the end of The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. It would have fit right in with the theme of "what's going to happen next? Now I'm gonna have to wait till next year or read the books to find out!" Instead, they explained what happened to Peeta a little early. I also agree they probably should have chosen another Peeta for the role because when I read the books and watch the movies it seems like there are two different Peeta's. I liked the one in the book by far better. He was funnier and didn't appear so retarded.

Just like the previous film, it left me feeling profoundly 'meh'. There's no tension arc at all, it's just scenes following each other without it leading to a proper story climax. The books avoided this somewhat with clever cliffhangers. But without the last part, Mockingjay and Catching Fire are just... meh.

Hopefully the last part can provide a heck of a climax to the drag of those two, so it's at least somewhat doable to watch them as a marathon.

I never really like Mockingjay in book form, it was confusing to follow and i didnt enjoy it. However, the movie does a really good job. A lot of jumping in the movie theatre. I like it how they added extra scenes, like District 7, the bombing of the dam, etc... It certainly keeps you on the edge.

But I didn't like the scenes of the group trying to get the victors out. It seemed to drag on, open a door and see more doors, and mor doors and doors its boring.

I have now watched The Hunger Games twice, and today I watched Catching Fire before going to the theaters to see Mockingjay part 1. I've never read the books, but I really like the movies. I personally liked Mockingjay better then Catching Fire. And dangit that Hanging Tree song is stuck in my head.