Dusk Raven

Digimon: Heroes

*Note: You may want to include some description of setting or a map of some sort to denote landmarks, cities, notable/important areas so that there’s no confusion later in the plot and so that players won’t need to make up places as they go along (or ask about setting as they go along). You could also use this to set limits/boundaries.

That's sort of problematic for me, in part because I don't have a map but also because the human characters won't know squat about the world they're in. On reflection, however, the Digimon characters will, so perhaps I could describe the basics of the world...

I made edits for the rest of the errors accordingly, however.

Didn't look at this part before, but since you should be professional in all sections, especially in a literate RP, there are also some corrections here:

That being said, I may end up requested RP samples.

- Change "requested" to "requesting" (should not be in past tense).

These can be crafted specifically for this purpose or simply a link to an RP in which you've already taken part.

- Need a verb in the second clause of this sentence. Put "post" or some other verb before "a link".

A anyway, I don't ask for personality because I (and others I know) believe these should be revealed through roleplay, particularly in the first post.

- Typo. Take out "A", and capitalize the first letter of "anyway".

- Personal note: Though I usually do like personality in a character sheet, I, too, believe in this. laugh.gif

I understand why you wouldn't go too far into the setting. I suppose the characters can discover the world as they go.

Edited by Dauntingale

Ugh, I don't know how some of those errors happened... edits made. I'll probably craft a brief explanation of the Digital World and how things work, but I work better on an ask-and-answer basis...

Looks like I'm the first one so...I'll just go ahead and leave this here.

Player: RinaChiba

Name: Nagisa Walker

Appearance: Nagisa is a short, petite, Japanese girl. She has big, black eyes and a round face. Her hair is waist length, black and tied towards the bottom and bangs that stop just above her eyes. Upon entering the digital world, she is wearing a dark red, short sleeved dress that goes just past the knees with black leggings/tights and red mary jane shoes. Over the dress, she wears a light weight, dark blue, sleeveless coat that drags a little on the ground and is made of flowy material.

Player: RinaChiba

In-Training Form: Kokomon

Rookie Form: Lopmon

Champion Form: Wendigomon

Ultimate Form: Antylamon

Yay, finally approved!

Player: SparrowSelkie

Name: Evelyn

Appearance: Evelyn has grey eyes and short, light brown hair that is usually pulled into a small ponytail.She wears a navy hoodie with a flower pattern on the shoulders, light blue jeans, and brown combat boots. Her backpack is a faded tan color and contains books, obscure musical instruments, and other things that are completely useless for surviving in a strange parallel universe.

Player: SparrowSelkie

In-Training Form: Tanemon

Rookie Form: Floramon

Champion Form: Stingmon

Ultimate Form: Lilamon

Edited by SparrowSelkie

Forms added. Although, Sparrow, is there anything you could add to the appearance? Also, is there any other RPs on DC you've been in that I could take a look at your writing quality?

Okay, I expanded on Evelyn's appearance. This is the first Roleplay I've done on Dragon Cave, but here is a story format roleplay I started a few days ago and this is one from awhile back. On the secound one, the person I was roleplaying with's first several posts got deleted, so it seems weird and messed up, but they start again later if you bother reading that far.

Well it's been years but let's see if I still remember how to do this.

Human

Player: Nihlus

Name: Michael Delaney

Appearance: Though naturally pale Michael spends a lot of time outdoors and so has a light tan. His hair is shoulder length dark blonde but brushed back out of his eyes, which are hazel, and he is built thin and of average height. For this unexpected trip he’s been caught wearing dark grey jeans that are fraying at the bottom, a blue shirt with three-quarter sleeves and white running shoes. He has a brown canvas courier bag with him and wears a simple black-corded moonstone pendant around his neck.

Digimon

Player: Nihlus

In-Training Form: Puroromon

Rookie Form: FanBeemon

Champion Form: Waspmon

Ultimate Form: CannonBeemon

Nihlus' sheet has been added.

Let's see, it's now Friday... when would be a good start date? I was hoping for more people but they may not be forthcoming, and I've got to start this sometime. Less than a week, surely. Maybe... Monday? That's three days from now.

Could we maybe start Tuesday? I'd like to start soon, too, but I've got a lot of stuff to do Monday and probably won't be on much.

Hello. I'd like to join your rp, but I won't post very often if you do accept me. I have college, and other time consuming activities that keep me away from computers. In the event you accepted me I would visit here at least once a day and respond accordingly. If this type of pace isn't desirable you shouldn't accept me because I don't know if I'll be able to give/find enough time to keep up.

Player: Limn

Name: Robert "Robin" V. Machlah

Appearance: Robin stands at 5'8 when he isn't slouching. He has rather sickly, freckled, white skin, blue eyes, sharp features to his face and is currently bald; but has some brown, peach fuzz growing in. Currently, he is wearing a black beanie, black cargo pants, a red short sleeved shirt, and a worn out patched denim jacket. In his possession is a backpack, half used notebook, a pack of cigarettes, a pencil and pen, a flute, a knife, and a sandwich.

Player: Limn

In-Training Form: Zurumon

Rookie Form: Elecmon

Champion Form: Leomon

Ultimate Form: Madleomon |Grapleomon

How did I not notice this sooner? Well... I look for quality over quantity in RP posts. Once a day... may or may not be enough. It all depends on how much you put into your posts.

Also! I was planning on using an NPC Leomon... and Elecmon. Guess I'll have to change my roster slightly. xd.png

Edited by Dusk Raven

I'd like to believe I am more quality over quantity, but honestly I haven't script roleplayed for about a year now, so I may be a bit rusty. You could put me into a trial and error sort of thing? If I don't work out it should be easy enough to get rid of my character, Digital Scourge should be easy enough to use to purge the rp of me. I can send you some old rp posts from rps long dead, or I could write something if you give me a prompt/simply want to see my writing. I'd do so now but I have the first day of school to conquer, so you'll be seeing me much later this day.

Well, it'll certainly be my pleasure to be your gateway back into RPing. Your character has been accepted. We shall start... as soon as I work up the will to write a nice, long intro.

Thank you Dusk Raven. I await your intro eagerly, may skill and inspiration be with you.

[Okay, the RP has now begun. All OOC chat shall be done in parentheses or brackets.]

It all began on an ordinary summer day. An ordinary day, but for a select few across the world.

Perhaps they were relaxing at home, or perhaps they were out and about. But no matter their activities, they shared in common a single moment, when they were alone, when they recieved a mysterious text: "If you could change the world, would you?"

One reply later, and they found themselves being transported through a kaleidoscopic of light and images, too many and too fast to comprehend. A moment later, they were released... several hundred feet in the air, it looked like.

It was a great view, all things considered. A massive forest spread out before them, interspaced with occational clearings in which primitive dwellings could be seen - and off in the distance, a city, it looked like. But most of that view faded away, to be replaced by an increasing view of the ground.

And you know what? The ground hurt.

SparrowSelkie, Nihlus, Gildraug, Limn:

Slowly, Evelyn, Michael, Nico, and Robert come to. They seem to be in a large hut, lying on makeshift wooden beds. Sunlight streams in through an open doorway, illuminating... what appears to be A four-legged, nine-tailed, red colored animal of some sort. It glances at the first one to wake up... and says, "So, you're finally awake! You're lucky to be alive, you know."

RinaChiba:

Nagisa awakens in slightly different circumstances - she wakes up on a cot, in a dark cell. She's the only occupant of the cell, but not the only occupant of the cell block. Outside the bars of her cage, sitting in a chair, a pale figure in strange white robes sits. His eyes are closed and he seems to be sleeping.

[For those wondering, Rina and I discussed some... alternate circumstances for her character.]

Edited by Dusk Raven

A dull pain presented itself within Robin's mind, slowly enveloping him in a consuming ache as he stirred. He didn't want to wake up yet, especially to whatever physical state his body was in, but the irritation of his mind brought him to. There was agony in his tailbone and a sore tenderness in everything else. How did I get like this? He muttered to himself in his head as he attempted to recall his past events. He remembered answering a cryptic text, a flood of colors, a landscape and then that feeling when you're trying to sleep but your body spasms like you're trying to catch yourself when you fall. He heard wood creak beneath him as he sat up, his tailbone protesting the motion. "****." He croaked, his tired eyes burning in response to the light flooding into the room as he fluttered them open. He didn't recognize where he was or who he was with on his first glance. I musta done something foolish again.

"So, you're finally awake! You're lucky to be alive, you know."

Robert froze, his eyes snapping back to the red mop on the ground he had overlooked for clothing. It had eyes, and they were looking at him like some creepy furby doll. He stared at it. The red creature looked like a clawed rabbit with tail feathers. Colors. Falling. Talking animals. ...This must be what they meant when they said Alice in Wonderland is just a story about acid. But Robert didn't remember meeting with anyone or even taking LSD. It didn't matter, he had to live with it all the same and find his way back home before something bad happened. Robert blinked, quickly checking to make sure he was still clothed, his hands fumbling with each garment. Beanie, jacket, shirt, pants, knife, phone, backpack. Good. He sighed, looking back at the creature, it was still there, and it looked so real, maybe it was. Maybe it was a person morphed in his head because of the hallucinogenic and that was why it's eyes looked so real. It couldn't hurt to ask, real or not. Everyone else seemed to be asleep, so only he would see him talking to himself.

"Hey," Robert's voice was rough with weariness. "Do you know how I got here?"

Edited by Limn

"Ow ow ow ow owie..." Nagisa whined as she shifted on the cot so that she was sitting up. He entire, tiny body felt sore and stiff and like she'd gone ten rounds in a very tough kendo match. No doubt, she was probably black and blue under her clothes and was tempted to pull her coat off to check her arms for bruises and such. She thought better of it, though, and looked around to see where she was.

Stone walls, stone floor, little light, bars making up one wall and the cot she was currently sitting on. Not a lot and it made the room feel cold and very uninviting. Not to mention her feet dangled about two inches from the floor. Well, at least it looked like she had everything she'd started with. She just needed to find out where she was and what had happened to bring her to this place.

Carefully, she moved so she was standing on the floor and stretched out the stiffness in her limbs and back. She made her way over to the opening and peeked out from between the bars. It didn't take long to see the white robed figure and wondered if he was supposed to be some sort of guard. /Must not be very good at their job if they're sleeping,/ She thought to herself. "Um....hello?" She called, wondering if she could get the individual's attention.

Evelyn fiddled nervously with the plastic owl ring around her finger. School dismissals were hectic, especially when you were shorter than almost everyone. She was one of the the youngest in her freshman class, and so shy that few noticed her at all. Usually she stayed as far out of others' ways as possible, but in a hall full of teenagers trying desperately to escape, it was impossible not to get shoved around. Evelyn felt herself relax as she stepped out the door. She walked down a seldom used street leading through a small neighborhood. There were only a few houses dotting its sides, and most were empty at this time of day. Evelyn enjoyed taking this route. It took longer to reach her house this way, but the neighborhood had shady trees, cheerful birds, and, most importantly, few people.

She was enjoying the quiet of the place when a buzzing sound made her yelp. Evelyn quickly covered her mouth, bushing slightly as she took her phone out of her pocket. The fact that she jumped at the slightest sound annoyed her, but she couldn't drop the habit no matter how hard she tried. Her phone was an ancient, barely functional model that could do little more than call and text. Evelyn had experimented with the camera before, but the quality was terrible and she had never been fond of taking pictures, anyway. The words on the screen confused her. "If you could make a difference in the world, would you?"

She didn't recognize the number, so she was hesitant to respond. But then again… her mind trailed off. She thought about everything she'd lost. Her mom, her cat, former best friends who wouldn't give her the time of day. She typed 'yes,' but her thumb hovered over the send button. Something felt off, but Evelyn couldn't quite put a name to it. "It's just a question," she assured herslef aloud. "Don't be pusilanimous," she scolded, "What've I got to loose?" She hit send. Then everything started spinning.

In an instant, the world had become a whirling collage of colors and ligths and sounds. But above all Evelyn was aware of the feelings. It was impossible to describe. The feeling of being outside on a warm summer evening, the feeling of being around people who loved you, these and so many more flitted by so quickly that Evelyn could hardly feel them at all. And the pictures were almost otherworldly. They too were moving so fast that she couldn't see them clearly, but the were awesome. For all her fancy words, she could only describe this as awesome. And then she was falling, which was considerably less awesome.

Evelyn's eyes shot open and darted wildly around the room. If it could be described as a room. She was too terrified to move her head, from her position on her back, she could see light coming from somewhere in front of her in an otherwise dim area. The ceiling above her appeared to be made of sticks. "…lucky to be alive, you know." she heard. If she hadn't already been completely still, she would have frozen. Her heart raced; she wasn't alone. "Hey," a different, tired sounding voice said. "Do you know how I got here?" Evelyn gulped. Definitely not alone.

Here she was, in a strange room with strangers. Two of her least favorite things combined. Evelyn tilted her head up slightly and gasped. It was louder than she had intended, and she silently cursed for drawing attention to herself. But she couldn't help it. The stranger in the doorway was by far the strangest she had seen. It stood on four legs, had several tails, and was startling shades of red and blue. And yet somehow there wasn't a doubt in her mind that it was the one who had spoken first. Evelyn sighed helplessly at how bizarre her day had gotten in so little time. I'm probably hallucinating, she thought. I'm probably in a hospital right now, being treated for some obscure illness no one's ever heard of.

Satisfied with that explanation, Evelyn laid her head back down on her bed (which seemed, like the rest of the room, to be made of wood) and ignored the others in the room.

Limn:

The creature responds, "I... don't know, really. You just kinda... appeared in the sky. And then fell. It looked like it hurt. Ogremon had to carry you all over here, you were out cold." It suddenly jolts as if startled. "Oh! You probably want to talk to Ogremon, he's the leader around here. I'll be right back!" It then turns around and runs out the doorway. Robin hears indistinct shouting, and a few moments later the creature returns. "He'll... be a moment."

RinaChiba:

"Eh?" The figure opens his eyes. "Finally! I was getting tired of waiting for you to wake up." He sits up from the chair and walks over to the bars. "What are you, anyway?"

Nagisa instinctively backed away from the bars as the strange...being approached. Now that she had gotten a better look at him, he could see that he wasn't exactly human. In fact, he looked pretty similar to the rag dolls she always enjoyed playing with when she was younger.

"Watashi wa Walker Nagisa." Nagisa inwardly cringed, her nervousness making her switch to her native language of Japanese. "My name is Nagisa Walker." She corrected. "What's yours?"

Robin frowned at the gasping sound. Someone else is awake.

"I... don't know, really. You just kinda... appeared in the sky. And then fell. It looked like it hurt. Ogremon had to carry you all over here, you were out cold."

Robert kept his eyes on the creature as it spoke. He hadn't seemed to notice the gasp. Robin flinched when the creature jolted, his body screaming at his jerk. He wasn't as calm about this situation as he thought. Hallucinations can only hurt as much as you fear and run from them. Calm down, how many times have you been told this? But yet, in Robins mind he knew the story checked out, he remembered falling, and he was hurting right now, though certainly his mind knew that.

"Oh! You probably want to talk to Ogremon, he's the leader around here. I'll be right back!"

Robin watched as it rushed out, the moment its body was out the door he turned his gaze to where the gasp had come from. Now that Robin was really looking, he noticed how young she was, too young. He had to get out of here. Maybe, get her out too? That's dangerous, but... still...

Robin struggled to his feet, pain shooting through his body. Little guy had gone to get his boss, bosses were always bad news. Shouting in the distance. "Hey girlie." Girlie? That's not a very nice thing to call her. "We need to get out of here, do you remember how we got here?" He grunted, stretching his back with a sickening pop. The red creature blue fire kissed creature had returned, but not with his boss. Good news.

"He'll... be a moment."

Bad news.

He gave a glance to the girl, he'd have to bolt without her if she didn't move, but then again he was in no condition to be out running anyone.

"How long is a moment?"

"Hey girlie," said the person beside her who had spoken earlier. She tensed, panicking despite the fact that she had decided this was a hallucination. "We need to get out of here, do you remember how we got here?" Evelyn thought aboutthe events leading up to this point. Where most of her memories were fuzzy, the strange hodgepodge of picture and sound that dumped her in the middle of the sky was painfully vivid. "Yes," she said simply. She didn't intend to interact with this hallucination more than she had too, and wasn't too happy about being addressed as 'girlie,' either. "You'll probably want to talk to Ogremon! He's the leader around here." The creature left, only to appear a few seconds later. "He'll… be a moment." Evelyn was a bit relieved that the person in charge would take a while to get there. She wasn't overly eager to meet anyone with the word 'ogre' in their name. "How long is a moment?" the boy asked.