Digimon: Heroes

"Forever united as one

Together the battles are won

Through us let your spirit evolve

If we're all for one world, there's a world for us all

If we're all for one world, there's a world for us all"

-Digimon Frontier theme song

Story

Ever since the dawn of the digital age, a new world has been forming from the many pieces of data that float in cyberspace. These pieces have coalesced, growing and evolving in complexity, all the while constructing a new world. This world has been growing exponentially, until at last it has become fully realized as an alternate dimension. It is called the Digital World, and those who inhabit it are Digimon, digital monsters.

This world, however, is under threat. A Digital Scourge has been sweeping the world, corrupting all it encounters into berserk monsters, without regard for their own lives or others', becoming a plague that contaminates the very foundations of the Digital World. To counter this threat, a powerful Digimon has arisen, named Dominimon, commanding his armies with an iron fist and crushing all who oppose him. The Digimon of the Digital World are caught between the tyrant's iron rule and the chaos of the Digital Scourge.

A call for help has gone out, and it will be answered by the most unlikely of heroes. Across the world, a select few children receive messages on their phones. The message is simple - "If you could make a difference in the world, would you?" Those who answer "yes" are transported away to the Digital World. Sucked into a vortex and dropped over a massive forest, the shock of their transportation and the impact of landing knock them unconscious. When they awaken, inside a large hut in a Digimon village, they will find themselves with the power to save, or doom, their new surroundings through the bonds they make with the Digimon.

Details

It's been a while since I've partaken in an RP on here, so I hope I'm doing everything right.

This is an RP based on the video game and anime franchise "Digimon" in case it wasn't apparent. It isn't based on any particular series or game, but is instead mostly cobbled together from my own observations about how the Digital World works, at least in the first two seasons. This is a literate RP. A paragraph or two minimum should do, baring special circumstances.

Players will have two characters - a human and their partner Digimon. The human character will be an ordinary kid or teen, who receives a mysterious message on their cell phone. Once they answer, they're transported to the Digital World, where they'll meet and form a bond with a particular Digimon. The Digimon will battle foes while the human will provide tactical and moral support. Creating a human character will be familiar enough, but creating a Digimon requires assigning a form for each stage of development (more on that in a moment). Thankfully, an ever-helpful Digimon Wikia exists to help with this - hundreds of types of Digimon exist to choose from, though those savvy with the Digimon franchise may attempt to create their own.

Anyway, some useful notes about Digimon: Digimon go through several stages of development, with exponentially increasing power. Those stages go as follows: Fresh -> In-Training -> Rookie -> Champion -> Ultimate -> Mega. Fresh represents the Digimon's baby form, while Mega is the ultimate expression of a Digimon's power. The first three stages are stable, but the latter three are not. For most Digimon, the stages after Rookie require an immense amount of energy, such that they can only maintain such a form for a limited time before reverting back to Rookie or even In-Training form.

Player Character Digimon need to have four stages thought out, from In-Training to Ultimate. Fresh is a baby form and all player Digimon will be old enough to be out of that stage, while Mega is beyond the scope of most Digimon to reach.

As stated, the Digimon Wikia is there to help. You'll note while browsing that most Digimon have chains of development listed. For example, the chain for the Digimon a hypothetical character of mine will be using goes as follows: Pagumon -> DemiDevimon -> Devimon -> NeoDevimon. If you need any help in crafting a chain, I'll be happy to help. Most Digimon should follow chains whose forms are similar in concept and ability.

One last note: you'll need to come up with a method by which your human and Digimon characters will meet and bond. Don't worry, the ones you choose will be there on arrival in the Digital World.

Rules are simple:

- I am what D&D fans would call the Dungeon Master. I control the world and its NPCs, doing my best to craft a world for you to partake in. Please don't get into any arguments with me. Or with each other, for that matter - at least out of character.

- As stated earlier, this is a literate RP. I don't know how the classification system works anymore, but in my day that meant at least a paragraph with good quality spelling and grammar.

- Character sheets are pretty simple, and mostly for keeping track of who has what Digimon. That being said, I may end up requesting RP samples. These can be crafted specifically for this purpose or can simply be a link to an RP in which you've already taken part. Anyway, I don't ask for personality because I (and others I know) believe these should be revealed through roleplay, particularly in the first post.

- All other rules of the RP section apply.

Character Sheets

Sheet form (human):

[B]Player:[/B]
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Appearance:[/B]

Sheet form (Digimon):

[B]Player:[/B]
[B]In-Training Form:[/B]
[B]Rookie Form:[/B]
[B]Champion Form:[/B]
[B]Ultimate Form:[/B]

(Descriptions of each will be required if inventing a new Digimon)

I think that's everything. Any questions? I'm much better at answering questions than listing stuff off...

Edited by Dusk Raven

Character Sheets

Humans:

Player: RinaChiba

Name: Nagisa Walker

Appearance: Nagisa is a short, petite, Japanese girl. She has big, black eyes and a round face. Her hair is waist length, black and tied towards the bottom and bangs that stop just above her eyes. Upon entering the digital world, she is wearing a dark red, short sleeved dress that goes just past the knees with black leggings/tights and red mary jane shoes. Over the dress, she wears a light weight, dark blue, sleeveless coat that drags a little on the ground and is made of flowy material.

Player: SparrowSelkie

Name: Evelyn

Appearance: Evelyn has grey eyes and short, light brown hair that is usually pulled into a small ponytail.She wears a navy hoodie with a flower pattern on the shoulders and light blue jeans. Her backpack is a faded tan color and contains books, obscure musical instruments, and other things that are completely useless for surviving in a strange parallel universe.

Player: Nihlus

Name: Michael Delaney

Appearance: Though naturally pale Michael spends a lot of time outdoors and so has a light tan. His hair is shoulder length dark blonde but brushed back out of his eyes, which are hazel, and he is built thin and of average height. For this unexpected trip he’s been caught wearing dark grey jeans that are fraying at the bottom, a blue shirt with three-quarter sleeves and white running shoes. He has a brown canvas courier bag with him and wears a simple black-corded moonstone pendant around his neck.

Player: Gildraug

Name: Nico

Appearance: Nico

Player: Limn

Name: Robert "Robin" V. Machlah

Appearance: Robin stands at 5'8 when he isn't slouching. He has rather sickly, freckled, white skin, blue eyes, sharp features to his face and is currently bald; but has some brown, peach fuzz growing in. Currently, he is wearing a black beanie, black cargo pants, a red short sleeved shirt, and a worn out patched denim jacket. In his possession is a backpack, half used notebook, a pack of cigarettes, a pencil and pen, a flute, a knife, and a sandwich.

Digimon:

Player: RinaChiba

In-Training Form: Kokomon

Rookie Form: Lopmon

Champion Form: Wendigomon

Ultimate Form: Antylamon

Player: SparrowSelkie

In-Training Form: Tanemon

Rookie Form: Floramon

Champion Form: Stingmon

Ultimate Form: Lilamon

Player: Nihlus

In-Training Form: Puroromon

Rookie Form: FanBeemon

Champion Form: Waspmon

Ultimate Form: CannonBeemon

Player: Gildraug

In-Training Form: Viximon

Rookie Form: Renamon

Champion Form: Kyubimon

Ultimate Form: Taomon

Player: Limn

In-Training Form: Zurumon

Rookie Form: Elecmon

Champion Form: Leomon

Ultimate Form: Madleomon |Grapleomon

Edited by Dusk Raven

So boop, hi, I'm bored. Can't do grammar and don't have time for plot ATM, but just skimming I'd like to suggest you title the different sections of your RP. It will make it a lot easier to read through and understand

For example, the first part after the theme could be titled

Story

Formatting is nearly as important as a good plot and grammar

You should also give some idea of plot, unless you intend to be running a sandbox (which based on the dungeon master concept sounds like it's not) Might have missed it if you put it there, I only skimmed, again, titles ^^

I happen to know that a setting is required in some form to get your RP approved (or at least it was last time I checked, you'll have to wait for KN or someone to appear for confirmation) Apologies if it is in there somewhere and I just missed it, like I said two or three times already, titles

Your character sheets are also very minimalist, you might wish to ask for things like gender and personality

I'll try to get back and go through this more thoroughly later. And again, apologies if I missed stuff that was actually there [insert prompting for clear titles here]

~Kyra

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Hello, there! (I'm not going to give syntax critique right now because, well, formatting and also I know nothing about Digimon.) So really, I'm just here because I stalk Unnaproved threads and Kyra sort of noted that she wanted confirmation from someone else.

Kyra is correct in pretty much everything she said. You definitely need some setting. I'd say a good paragraph, plus a map or something, since I'm pretty sure the Digimon world is expansive and has some kind of map you can find online. The paragraph should probably focus more on important notes about the land more than specific things, though.

Your character sheets would be a lot easier for your roleplayers to use if they were in quote or code tags, and though this is entirely optional, most would up them on the OP and have the second be accepted sheets.

Since you mentioned the Digimon wiki, and there might be some people wanting to join that don't know about Digimon, you might want to link it in the OP to make it easier for your roleplayers.

Your plot could also use a bit more detail. You have a nice base, that gives a but of history and the plot, but there's no detail. All we really know is that there are Digimon, and there's an evil Digimon trying to take over the world. Give more information, try to really flesh everything out.

Also, since you said you've been away for a while, why not give this a read? You've fulfilled most of the requirements, but it's always nice to brush up and get a memory booster on things like this, provided you have time.

So boop, hi, I'm bored. Can't do grammar and don't have time for plot ATM, but just skimming I'd like to suggest you title the different sections of your RP. It will make it a lot easier to read through and understand

For example, the first part after the theme could be titled

Story

Formatting is nearly as important as a good plot and grammar

You should also give some idea of plot, unless you intend to be running a sandbox (which based on the dungeon master concept sounds like it's not) Might have missed it if you put it there, I only skimmed, again, titles ^^

I happen to know that a setting is required in some form to get your RP approved (or at least it was last time I checked, you'll have to wait for KN or someone to appear for confirmation) Apologies if it is in there somewhere and I just missed it, like I said two or three times already, titles

Your character sheets are also very minimalist, you might wish to ask for things like gender and personality

Valid points. There is a plot, it's just... minimalist, so to speak. The character sheets are deliberately light - it's a concession to form that I even have them at all. I and a couple other future joiners believe personality should be roleplayed out, as it's not easily summarized.

Hello, there! (I'm not going to give syntax critique right now because, well, formatting and also I know nothing about Digimon.) So really, I'm just here because I stalk Unnaproved threads and Kyra sort of noted that she wanted confirmation from someone else.

Kyra is correct in pretty much everything she said. You definitely need some setting. I'd say a good paragraph, plus a map or something, since I'm pretty sure the Digimon world is expansive and has some kind of map you can find online. The paragraph should probably focus more on important notes about the land more than specific things, though.

Your character sheets would be a lot easier for your roleplayers to use if they were in quote or code tags, and though this is entirely optional, most would up them on the OP and have the second be accepted sheets.

Since you mentioned the Digimon wiki, and there might be some people wanting to join that don't know about Digimon, you might want to link it in the OP to make it easier for your roleplayers.

Your plot could also use a bit more detail. You have a nice base, that gives a but of history and the plot, but there's no detail. All we really know is that there are Digimon, and there's an evil Digimon trying to take over the world. Give more information, try to really flesh everything out.

Also, since you said you've been away for a while, why not give this a read? You've fulfilled most of the requirements, but it's always nice to brush up and get a memory booster on things like this, provided you have time.

Indeed... well, I can't exactly find a map because the Digital World as it is in this RP is entirely constructed by me (as in, original to this RP). You do raise a good point about the plot and I'll try to flesh it out, but... we'll see. The characters know literally nothing about what's going on, but I guess the players should. I'd rather not have to repeat everything in-character, however.

As for linking the wiki... yeah, I should do that, I just wasn't sure linking was allowed.

Edited by Dusk Raven

For setting, you could describe what the starting area is like so people aren't going into things completely blind ^^

For setting, you could describe what the starting area is like so people aren't going into things completely blind ^^

...Fair enough. I'd planned on describing that in the starting post. I'm just used to RPGs where I post a fairly descriptive OP and then players start playing.

Yeah, that's not much of a thing here. It's good to provide people info before they start

Also, character sheets aren't a requirement if you state you want proper introductory posts. I think there's a post about character sheets vs. intros lying about here somewhere. I'm about to sleep, but I'll try to find it for you when I wake up this afternoon

I really like this idea, but I do think you migh twant to expand on the plot and character sheets a bit. Like saying what kind of Digimon the "iron-fisted" ruler is, or telling where the kids end up when they get transported to the Digital World.

Edited by SparrowSelkie

I really like this idea, but I do think you migh twant to expand on the plot and character sheets a bit. Like saying what kind of Digimon the "iron-fisted" ruler is, or telling where the kids end up when they get transported to the Digital World. I'm going to post my character sheets, but I added a few things to them to tell some more about the character.

Much as I'd like to add things, I'm not really sure how. I mean, I can answer specific questions, like which Digimon the tyrant is. And I suppose I can answer where you are to start... it just means I'm going to have to repeat myself. Guess there's no way around that...

Glad to have you on board, however. ^^ I do question the digivolution from a plant Digimon to an insect Digimon then back to a plant type, but it's not too egregious.

Edited by Dusk Raven

It's evolution is kinda weird…

I just realized I posted a character sheet in the unapproved section. Aren't I smart.

Basically I just think you should add personality and background catagories to the character sheet (but maybe not background for the Digimon) and some more information abou the situation the Digital World is in from the Scourge.

Basically I just think you should add personality and background catagories to the character sheet (but maybe not background for the Digimon) and some more information abou the situation the Digital World is in from the Scourge.

The reason why there's no personality or background is because in my circle of friends, we prefer to reveal that in RP. Then again there's a high level of trust amongst us...

As per the Digital Scourge, that... could be expanded upon, I agree.

It would be interesting to have their personality revealed as the RP goes on. Some of their personality could definately be revealed when they get the message and in how they respond to their Digimon. You might want to specify that that is the reason you don't have more descriptive character sheets.

I'd like to note that you can summarize a character's personality in a character sheet and still develop the character throughout the RP. I rarely give away everything about my character in the sheet, because I like to reveal stuff about them as I go. Character development is very important and isn't removed just because you stated the basics of who your character is in the sheet

Also having a summary in the sheet can help prevent characters from acting like five different people across five posts, because you have a summary to compare them to and see if they are still true to. Obviously a character can act strangely, or even become almost a new person across the span of the RP, so it's not perfect, but it can provide a guideline

Edited by MasterWeavile898

That's why the character sheets are there - to give a quick reference for those who need it. And to keep track of who's playing who...

I am uncertain what you're replying to with that? I said nothing about quick references or who was playing who. Everything I stated referred specifically to having a personality section

You did mention references, though - or at least implied it when you said that it would help with people straying from an established personality... feh, never mind, that's basically what the sheets are there for, as it is.

Also, character sheets aren't a requirement if you state you want proper introductory posts. I think there's a post about character sheets vs. intros lying about here somewhere. I'm about to sleep, but I'll try to find it for you when I wake up this afternoon

I do believe I suggested that a while back. I also linked a page on sheets vs. paragraphs

I don't have an issue with it at all. I was just saying that having a personality section doesn't stop you from developing and revealing the character's personality across the RP

And Dusk, what I meant was like if someone says their character is quiet and would never start a fight in the personality summary, but then at every turn gets angry starts fights, then you have something to look to and see that it doesn't match

I know bumping a thread is kind of pointless given the low number of threads in this particular board, but there hasn't been any kind of post in here the past week and I want input...

This seems to have been forgotten…

I'm bumping this thread because a) it no longer immediatley shows up in the Unapproved section and B) it's a good idea that I think should be approved!

Edited by SparrowSelkie

Hello! Sorry for the Approvers' hiatuses. Dusk Raven, I know it has been a while, but do you still want help approving this? I can start giving you critique if you are still interested in getting this moved. smile.gif Edited by Dauntingale

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been checking this forum for obvious reasons.

Yes, it's still a thing in my head, and I'd like to get some critique, finally.

Alrighty! I'll get started then:

Ever since the dawn of the digital age, a new world has been forming, formed from the many pieces of data that float in cyberspace.

- Repetitive. Take out “formed” and the comma before it. This would also indirectly and simply resolve a tense problem.

Those who answer yes are transported away to the Digital World.

- Though not necessary, I recommend quotes around “yes”.

Sucked into a vortex and dropped over a massive forest, the shock of their transportation and the impact of landing knocks them unconscious.

- Change “knocks” to “knock” for subject-verb agreement (two things knock them unconscious—1) shock and 2) impact—so the subject is plural).

they will find themselves with the power to save, or doom, their new surroundings, through the bonds they make with the Digimon.

- Unnecessary comma before “through”.

Anyway, some useful notes about Digimon.

- Sentence fragment. Recommend making it a complete sentence or using a colon. Not too necessary though.

*Note: You may want to include some description of setting or a map of some sort to denote landmarks, cities, notable/important areas so that there’s no confusion later in the plot and so that players won’t need to make up places as they go along (or ask about setting as they go along). You could also use this to set limits/boundaries.

Edited by Dauntingale