MendezLightning

DIGITAL OBLIVION

Will managed to stabilise his flight path as he and the others were shot through the twisting and turning tunnels, all flashing with electrical light. 'What is happening?' he said. There wasn't much sound other than an electrical buzz, the same sound of an old modem and the odd whoosh of air as they flew, so there was no real need for projecting.

Salamon sailed past him happily. 'This is the internet; the boundary between the Digital World and your world: we're going to the Digital World!! Look!!' Will looked forward and saw a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

With a rush of wind, he was thrown out of the internet and tumbled onto his back and was looking up at a bright blue sky, which was split through with odd wires and neon lights and pixels, as if it was an artist's interpretation of being inside the Matrix. He sat up on the grassy hill and looked around. The place looked peaceful; it was a hilly wooded area with small cottages and lakes dotted throughout the landscape. It was quaint, until he looked further beyond and saw how it abruptly ended and the landscape looked like the border of it had fallen away into nothingness. 'I told you,' Salamon said to him. 'We need your help.'

"Why did I get myself dragged in to this again?" Kudamon asked as he and Zoey popped out of the internet. Zoey was sitting down and taking in all the sights. It was beautiful here, but the outer edge was horrible looking. She heard Kudamon yawn before he floated over to one of the cottages and decided to take a small nap on the roof. "He seems a bit of a coward," Zoey said. "So, what do you guys need help with?" She turned to Salamon who seemed to be the leader of the group.

Mia landed hard when she was shot out of the portal, tumbling out and slamming into a tree where we curled up, wheezing for a few moments before she could finally look around.

Dorumon landed lightly and remained standing, but came over to Mia to check on her.

"I'm alright." She said, waving the digimon off as she struggled to stand. After a couple attempts she finally managed it and looked around, spotting the others around her.

'Great.' She thought to herself. 'I get to leave that city and go on an adventure, but get stuck with these losers.' Rolling her eyes she looked at Dorumon, then around her.

"So this is the digital world huh." She said, touching the tree, which felt solid to her. "I thought there'd be more... Numbers or something."

"Nope, this is it. The data from the internet takes on a material form that digimon exist on. No numbers."

"Oh, um alright then." She looked around again, still trying to adjust to the fact that she was in a completely new environment. "So, do we have like a goal for stopping whatever's happening?" She asked, causing Dorumon to shrug.

"We don't even know why it's happening, so stopping it is hard." He said. "I guess we just need to focus on figuring out what the problem is first."

Eris rubbed her head after falling to the ground,"So this is what the Digital World looks like,eh?""Yep it's our home."Renamon replied.

"Not what I expected."She stood up and looked around until she saw parts of the land that weren't there."So,how can we help you guys?"

Salamon looked to the others. 'We don't know why the Digital World is disintegrating, all we know is that it is. The darkness has swallowed huge areas of the countryside and stuff and the only places left are the bigger cities; the capital cities of the Lands. There must be something in each city to make it un-disintegratable.'

'Lands?' Will asked. There was going to be hundreds of questions coming up, he could just tell, so there was no point in mitigating them with unnecessary words.

'They're like countries. We're in the Greenland at the moment. Meadows, woods, lakes and everything nice and green. Aside from the ever-expanding dark oblivion that is currently creeping towards us as we speak!'

Will ignored the dysphemistic phrasing of the situation. 'So where's the capital city of the Greenland?'

'Over there!' Salamon pointed with a stubby little paw toward a large city over the other side of the hill, almost entirely made from wood and leaves, but with more digital twists: wires hanging like vines, electrical lines striping through walls. 'Come on!' Salamon bolted down the hill and Will knew he had to follow, no matter how reluctant.

Renamon and Eris followed after Salamon towards the city while looking around.Can't believe this is actually real.

One second Will was dragging Raymond by his hand over towards the last digimon they needed to fight and the next second he was tumbling through a bright vortex of bright lights and data. To say that today had been a weird day would be a severe understatement. Salamon told the group that they were currently in the internet, on their way to the digital world.How these digimon knew so much when they were just born seemed kind of odd, but considering they were digital beings it could possibly be preprogrammed into them or something. There was a rush of wind before Ray found himself sprawled out on the ground. He got up, looking for Gaomon who appeared to have landed lightly on its feet.

“So this is the digital world.. not exactly the first interpretation that came to mind.” he stated, looking around at the area they were in. Gaomon nodded as they began to follow the others to the capital of the Greenland.

"By the way I haven't gotten your names.I'm Eris Jones."She introduced herself.

"Greenland?" Mikado muttered under his breath, following, Betamon at his heels. "Mikado Sumizome," he said in response to the introductions. He was rather surprised that they didn't know who he was, considering his reputation. Or, rather, his family's reputation.

"I'm Anastasia Grace. Pleasure to meet you," Ana muttered, sounding bored in the conversation as she glanced around curiously. Luna was in her arms.

'I'm Will Chambers,' Will added his name to the list they were creating, as they neared the city. Getting to the bottom of the hill, he noticed to large tree-trunk-like Digimon guarding the gate through the large wall that encircled the city. Their arms crossed as they neared them.

'Now, hold on there, humans, what's business here?' one of them asked in what sounded like a fake-manly voice.

"Woodmon. Level: Champion. Because their bodies are made of wood, they can easily catch fire and thus greatly fear fiery Digimon, although this is a downside, the bark acts like armour to most other attacks.[4] With a ferocious personality, Woodmon are known to disguise themselves as trees to absorb the energy from other unsuspecting Digimon." His Digivice said in a muffled tone, as he shoved it into his pocket to silence it.

'We're here to try and save the Digital World!' Salamon replied happily.

'Oh, thank goodness!!' the other Woodmon replied in a strange nasal voice. 'Go on ahead, kids. Go and find Cherrymon, I'm sure he can help.'

Going past them, Will muttered, 'Well ... that was a lot easier than I thought it would be ...'

((The evil Digimon are defeated, we've been sucked into the Digital World and now we're going to the Greenland capital to find out why the capitals aren't disintegrating like the rest of the World))

“I’m Raymond Fenn, but you can just call me Ray.” The group appeared to be getting closer, more buildings were appearing. Two larger digimon called Woodmon appeared and they didn’t seem to find anything odd about Salamon telling them that they humans were here to save the digital world. Although it was nice that they weren’t being chased off or eaten it seems kind of odd for someone to believe you when you say something like that. Gaomon nodded in greeting at the Woodmon as they passed.

Eris looked around the capital as Renamon and her followed the rest of the group.

"Wonder if they'd let anyone who said that through?" Ana wondered to herself. She narrowed her eyes and a mischievous glint came into them. "I should test it out... What says you, Luna?" Luna looked up, surprised, and shrugged.

((Am I allowed to make a villain after I become more active))

"Name's Jason." Since this is a pretty serious situation, they probably need everyone they get, he thought.

Will and Salamon moved further into the city and passed many sizes and shapes of Digimon, every colour and kind, from dragons to lions to flowers, they all seemed to be here. He was surprised his Digivice didn't explode from the surplus of stimuli. Eventually, he went to a stall and asked where he could find Cherrymon. The flower-like Digimon behind the counter had pointed to the large wooden castle at the centre of the city.

They continued on their way. Will then asked something that had been bothering him. 'Hey, do any of you Digimon know what you'll digivolve into next time or is it just a fun surprise?' Something had worried him about Salamon's Digivice entry. It said it could be swayed one of three ways: good, neutral or evil. He was just worried about which one his tiny puppy partner would enter going down.

((Are we going with permanent champion digivolution or temporary?))

((they'll always revert to their rookie forms unless i change my mind later on))

Mia stayed quiet as the other kids introduced themselves, instead heading off in the direction of the city. She wished she didn't had to be on an adventure with these other people, but every adventure had a group no matter how small, so she guessed that it was something she'd have to learn to live with.

When they reached the city and passed the guards she stayed off to the side and slightly in front of the group. She didn't trust their judgment after what had happened in the tunnel, so it was better to be prepared to act if the others froze or did something stupid.

"So how come you specifically ended up being my digimon?" Mia asked Dorumon as they walked, suddenly thinking about it. "I'm not saying I dislike you, but what's the selection process? Why a bunch of kids and not like a trained navy seal team?"

Dorumon considered this, then shrugged. "I don't think there is a process. There's a reason you're called a Digidestined. You and I were destined to be together. Nobody I'm aware of knows how or why it works, it just does and it seems to work out well, so we just go with it." Dorumon finished with a grin that showed his sharp teeth. Mia smiled back and bumped him a little with her hip. This time he bumped back and she gave a snort of laughter.

"My name is Zoey Smith," Zoey introduced herself as she notice a grumpy looking Kudamon dragging along. "So, why are you my Digimon? You don't seem very nice." Kudamon shrugged as he gave her a sour look. "It seems destiny is not at very nice to me at all," Kudamon said.