MendezLightning

DIGITAL OBLIVION

Will grabbed Pafumon with both hands. 'Stop it! I need that food for when I'm in the studio!' But the tiny, featherweight Digimon simply faded through his hands, like a ghost through a wall. 'What the hell?' he muttered, as the little ball of hair began eating his food once again. 'Okay, this is going to be a problem ...' He looked at the others. 'And seriously what has happened to my phone? My other one was high-end. It was expensive. Now I've got this weird yellow encyclopedia thing...?'

She got out a sandwich from her bag and unwrapped it as Relemon started digging it."Well we have to find out how this is happening."

"Well if you had a better explanation as to what was going on I would be happy to hear it." Raymond responded to the girl who criticized him for simply trying to start some conversation. He found himself staring into the eyes of the... Whatever it was he was holding. It's gaze was unwavering, almost as if it was studying him. He looked up as the others started to talk about their phones changing. He looked at his phone to check if anything odd was going on with his. The model changed to something that was definitely more desirable than his old phone. The back of the phone appeared to be an orange colour, it matched the shorts he was wearing perfectly. He checked the screen to see the image of a blue dog with a white muzzle. The dog had yellow eyes and a red headband tied around its forehead. The top and bottom corners of what could be the shape of a yellow diamond or star poked out from beneath the headband.

He tapped the screen to try and do something and that brought up some information on the screen. Dodomon, Level: Fresh, A Slime Digimon. It's body is covered in a tough fur known as "Mithril Hair". It tends to manifest an aggressive personality immediately after being born. It tries to intimidate opponents by snapping at them despite the fact that its fangs are not grown in.

"I actually think I prefer this model over the way it was before but having my phone back and working would be nice." He looked around at the others feeding the Digimon. He should probably do the same, and the fact they actually had names for these things put them ahead form where they were just a few seconds ago. He set Dodomon on the ground who began to look around at all of the other digimon. Ray grabbed an apple that he had yet to eat, holding it in front of the digimon who began to show some interest in the fruit.

((Okay, where on earth do you get these descriptions? Or do you just make them up. Mind you, it's been a while since I've watched digimon and the game dawn/dusk doesn't seem to have any descriptions))

((Oh, so there's nothing like the pokedex descriptions or anything then? There's nothing for Moonmon on there, though))

Mikado blinked in shock as the egg hatched into a... Something. He didn't know what it was, but it was rather cute. It blinked big red eyes up at him and he gave the... Whatever it was in his arms a hesitant smile. Then he looked around, realizing that everyone else was using there phones to discover what their creature was - he had heard something like digimon, whatever that was -he took out his own. He frowned, the screen was different, silver in color with a weird creature on it. He tapped the screen curiously.

"Pichimon, Level: Fresh, A Slime Digimon, Since it seems to be living with nothing but emotions, its actions change very hectically. Due to its curiosity being extremely vigorous, it greatly wishes to communicate with the outside world, but as yet, no means to do so has been found. However, it is a Digimon Baby that is loved by everyone, due to its big, bright red eyes which are charming enough to shake the opponent's feelings. It spits out soap-like bubbles from its mouth and blinds the opponent's eyes, then flees."

"Huh, Pichimon?" Mikado muttered, blinking at the digimon. He then smiled genuinely. "Seems like something that can't be true... But..." He stroked the digimon on the head and it nuzzled him. Then he reached into his bag and took out a bento box with sushi in it and fed some to the digimon.

Ana stared at the egg as it hatched, revealing a... Creature. She blinked. It was still there. How curious. She looked around to see that everyone had similar creatures to hers. "Hm... What are you?"

Mia couldn't understand how the others were still looking at their phones. True it was strange that they had changed completely, but they were holding living things that had appeared from an egg that had come from a ball of light. Cell phones changing took a back seat to that in her book.

The thing in her arms which her new phone had called a Dodomon seemed content enough although she was sure that it was still hungry. She dug around in her bag some more but couldn't come up with anymore food and was about to head off towards the restaurant when she stopped and thought about the whole situation. Electronics acting weird, balls of light and giant eggs hatching into species she had never even heard of?

"Come on Kodomon, we gotta go." She said, already turning and heading off the way she had been coming from. She passed a few of the others and normally would have kept right going without saying a word, but no one else seemed to be considering the consequences but her.

"You guys should get out of here." She said loud enough for everyone to hear. "Who knows who saw what just happened and if the wrong people hear about this then bad things will happen." She warned.

'Wait!' Will replied. 'We can't just go. Are we really gonna pretend that this hasn't just happened? Yeah, something bad could happen - we just got ... I dunno alien eggs for all I know! But surely it would be better if we stuck together.' He took out his new phone. 'Or at least got each others' numbers.' He was trying to be seriously, and really didn't help that Pafumon had just floated through his torso happily. 'Jesus Christ ...' he sighed.

"Exactly." Mia said, turning to face Will. "You just had an alien dumped into your lap after a lightning strike hit right there, balls of light came from nowhere, and our phones changed in seconds. At the very least someone's going to come and look a the damage the power surge and the lightning did.If people see these digimon or whatever they are there's going to be a panic. Government comes in to quell it and suddenly we're all under arrest, our little friends here are being dissected and if we're lucky we might be released by the time we're forty. So, we need to get out of here now or all that and more could happen." She said. "If you want to stick together as a group fine, but let's not stick together as a group here."

"Dissection sounds interesting..." Ana muttered, loud enough for everyone one to hear. Moonmon's eyes went wide and teary under Ana's intense gaze, frightened. Mikado stared at her.

"What?" Ana snapped, seeing Mikado staring.

'Okay, fine, but where can we go? We could always go to a coffee shop or something, we are in Harajuku; these guys will fit in pretty well. People will just think they're plushies,' Will answered, trying to stuff Pafumon into his backpack. The little ghost Digimon floated out every time.

Jason tapped the screen on his phone too. It gave out some information about the creature with him. It was called Kiimon. Listening and looking to the others, he thought about the Digimon too. "If we can't touch them, then how can they be hidden?" Jason questioned as he brought out a sandwich for Kiimon. It was staring at Relemon, until Jason brought out the sandwich, then it promptly starting eating it.

Eris stroked the fox-like Digimon after she finished the sandwhich,"And what happens if they grow up?It seems like they might grow up into somethng huge."She put the red device in her pocket.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there. I say we pretend they're dolls. You know what they say, best hiding place is in plain sight," Ana suggested, picking Moonmon up and feeding the digimon some crackers.

"I agree with biochemist over there," Mikado added. "We should keep in touch though, so we can help each other figure these little guys out."

((When will we go to the Digital World?))

"Alright,"She said picking up Relemon,"Sounds good to me."

((We'll go to the Digital World once we have In-Training Digimon and are attacked by another Digimon))

'Alright then,' Will nodded to Ana and took out a pen and paper from his backpack. He wrote down his number. 'Here's my number,' he added, handing it to her, before managing to hold onto Pafumon's floating body. 'I was meant to be going to my art studio, but I think this tiny floating ghost alien is a more ... pressing issue for now,' he gave the Digimon the last of his bento - which he was meant to be his dinner.

Before he knew what was happening, Pafumon had swallowed the shrimp he had offered and had begun to glow. He felt the Digimon get heavier in his arms and watched as it changed shape, its tail thickening and its ears growing fluffier and fuller. The glow faded and a completely new Digimon was in his arms. His new phone beeped and said monotonously: "Kyaromon is a Lesser Digimon and is an elastic Digimon that bounces from one interest to another. As it is brimming with curiosity, it takes an interest in anything, and has a habit of rushing for whatever caught its interest. The inside of its body has become mostly empty, and its tail is elastic like a rubber ball."

Jumping from his arms, Kyaromon smiled widely at him and chirped happily, 'Hi there! I'm Kyaromon! What's your name?'

'You can talk now..?' Will mumbled in reply.

Eris' Digimon also started changing into something similar to Relemon.Her new phone beeped and said:"Viximon is a nocturnal Baby Digimon that evolved from Relemon. Due to it only acting in the evening and on moonlit nights, it is said that its existence is close to an illusion. For that reason, it confers a kind of status among Tamers to raise a Pokomon."

Pokomon quickly jumped out of her arms and said,"Hiya!I'm Viximon!You are?"

"Um....I'm Eris."

Edited by PrismriverPhantom

'I'm Will,' he told Kyaromon. 'What are you? Why are you all here?'

'We're Digimon, silly!'

'That doesn't clarify much ...'

'Digital sentient beings from the Digital World, a parallel universe created by the digital appliances you humans use, like the internet and phone networks and stuff. And we're here because our world is in trouble. We need your help.'

'How can we help you?'

'There have been many humans that have crossed the border between the worlds to protect our world and yours. They help us digivolve in tons of different ways and that means we can stop whatever is destroying our world.'

'In what way is your world being destroyed?'

'The land is being deleted! Like files on a computer. All of the land between the big cities are falling into nothingness and we need you to help us digivolve into cool monsters to defeat whatever's doing it!'

'What is digivolving?' Will felt stupid for asking so many questions.

'It's when a Digimon changes into another form of itself. Like what I just did. You fed me lots of food, so I had enough energy to digivolve into a bigger and better form! And we'll all do it again and again and again!'

Jason watched Relemon and Pafumon digivolve. He was amazed by such events. He became even more amazed when Kiimon did the same thing. His phone gave out information again, this time about Yaamon. Before he could talk to Yaamon, he heard Kyaromon explain everything that was happening. "You guys can do that a bunch of times? Wonder you'll look like each time...Wait! How will we get to the Digital World?" He asked.

(Even if we know a lot about Digimon, should we leave the explaining to you?)

Mia was to busy looking at the others to notice her own digimon doing anything until a blinding light and an increase of weight in her hands made her look back.

Now her digimon had legs while still maintaining the and look as before.

"Um... Hello?" She asked, unsure of what else to say.

"Hello!" Her digimon said, wiggling its legs happily.

"Oh sorry, do you want down?" She asked, bending over to set dodomon down.

"No it's ok. I like it up here." The digimon said haplily. "Anyway my names Dorimon. I'm your partner now." The digimon said.

"But my phone said you're named dodomon." Mia said carefully.

"Oh it was but I digivolved like the others so now my names different." Dorimon explained.

"That must get confusing." Mia said, causing Dorimon to smile. "It can be, but that's ok, I'm your partner so you'll get used to it."

"What do you mean partner?" Mia asked, eyes narrowing slightly.

"Well like Kyaromon said we need your help to save the digital world. In order to do that though we need partners and you're mine." Dorimon said.

"Um, ok I guess but..." She stopped, thinking the whole thing through. Just a bit earlier she had been wishing to get out of Japan and now this thing was offering her an adventure into the equation. The only problem was that it looked like she would have to deal with these other idiots who wanted to stand around and wait to be seen. Still it was to good to pass up and she had always wanted an adventure.

"Yeah ok I'm in." She said after a few moments consideration. "But if we're doing this the. We've got to go. It's only a matter of time until someone shows up."

Edited by Ryujin13

'I have no idea!' Kyaromon smiled happily in reply to the question "how to we get to the Digital World".

'You are an amazing help, Kyaromon ...' Will muttered.

'Thanks!'

Suddenly, the sun was dying down outside and the thunder returned. There four lightning strikes, each one sounding less than 200 metres from each other. Will flinched from the flashes and sound of them, but his heart tumbled through his stomach as he heard four distinctly inhuman and extraterrestrial noises. An echoing screech from a bird. A roar like a lion. A strangled hiss. And a low, echoing laugh with sinister edge.

Before Will could ask what the hell that was, his phone beeped, and he saw eight coloured dots standing together on a black and yellow map of Harajuku, moving around them with ease and speed were four red crosses. 'What are those things?'

'Evil Digimon,' Kyaromon practically growled, before running toward the exit of the underpass.

'Wait! What do you expect to do?!'

'I'm gonna fight them!!"

'Oh no.'

((Moonmon won't digivolve, right? She's already in training))

Mikado blinked as the creature suddenly changed into a... Something with fins and red in color. It even had hair.

"Bukamon, Level: In Training, A Lesser digimon that usually hovers around. Though it technically lives in the sea, Its outer skin cannot yet bear the water pressure and low temperature of the deep sea, so the length of time it can dive to the deep sea is not long." His phone explained.

He carefully listened to the information given by the other digimon since his didn't seem inclined to speak. "Interesting..."

Ana eyed her digimon skeptically. "I'll have to give you a nickname. I'm not going to call you by your original name if it'll keep changing whenever you evolve."

"What!? No!" Moonmon suddenly protested.

"Oh, so you do speak," Ana muttered, "Why aren't you evolving?"

"I'm already the same level as they are..." Moonmon mumbled quietly.

((Yeah, I would have asked you to use Moonmon's fresh form for its fresh from egg form, but it doesn't have one :/ ))

'Guys!' Will shouted down the underpass. 'Little help!' Kyaromon had continued on its merry way, leaping down the street toward what looked like a giant flaming lizard with a metal mask. His phone beeped and chimed out: "DarkLizardmon. Level: Champion. A corrupted Flarerizamon, this Evil Dragon Digimon's Dark Flare attack will incinerate everything immediately around it."

'Well that sounds wonderful ...' Will muttered, rolling his eyes, before he heard a tiny voice cry "Shippo Swing!!" and watch as DarkLizardmon swatted it out of the air. Bouncing and rolling as it hit the ground, Will ran to its side. 'Oh my God, Kyaromon, what the hell is wrong with you?!'

"What the-"She was interrupted as Viximon jumped out of her arms and said,"Killing Stone!" and turned into a stone spouting a poisonous gas.