GalaxyPassion13

Galaxy Paint Lineage Project

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ user posted image ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs Gᴀʟᴀxʏ Pᴀɪɴᴛ?

"You stand in front of a blank canvas, and within it lives infinite possibilities to express your creativity. You close your eyes and pick a color from four that have been set out in a row of jars: Red, Green, Blue, and Purple. What will you paint?"

Galaxy paint is a lineage project that focuses on the four colors of a nebula: Red, Blue, Purple, and Green. Members of the project start out with one nebula egg, and from that egg create a lineage depending on what it genders as. The lineage can be anything as long as it's organized and pleasing to the eye, and the possibilities are endless. If anyone out there has a passion for art, then this lineage is for you. And you don't have to be a huge nebula fan as other breeds can be used, in addition to nebulae, in your lineage too.

Cᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛs

• Post 1: About (You are here)
  • Post 2: Banners
  • Post 3: Members and shops
  • Post 4: Forms
  • Post 5: News
Hᴏᴡ ɪᴛ Wᴏʀᴋs

The first thing to do is request a nebula egg to start your lineage. You do not need to know what lineage you are doing at this point, you just need to decide somewhere around the point where the hatching genders and when it grows up. It's best to get a good spot in the waiting list, as the current process I have now can be very slow (since I can only breed them once every 7 days, not to mention when they fail to produce an egg). So yeah, I'm trying to get 4 pairs of nebula dragons to speed up the process a bit and have some more customization so members can be a bit more flexible with their lineages. (I currently only have a blue x purple pair, I'm trying to get a purple x red, red x green, and blue x green) Once it hatches, name it with the prefix "Of the Painted Galaxy" (Subject to change due to length) Then begins the process of creating your lineage, which can be fun at some times and nerve-wracking at other times. Once you proudly hold your egg that has a full, beautifully crafted lineage behind it, then you have a couple options. The "Art Shop" is a place where you can put a picture of your lineage and it's name, and breed dragons from that lineage for other members and ask for a specific dragon breed in turn. The "Gallery" is more of a display case, where you can show off your nebula lineaged dragons if you don't wish to breed them for an individual person.

Pᴀɪʀs

Goals: Get a Green x Red. If you have an unwanted CB gendered nebula (Which I doubt, but I tried tongue.gif), donations would be appreciated.

When requesting an egg, you may choose from one of these pairs.

Galaxy Canvas, Purple x Galaxy Portrait, Blue

Galaxy Echo, Purple x Galaxy Wildfire, Red

Galaxy Canopy, Green x Galaxy Trail, Blue

Rᴜʟᴇs

• 1. No biting, killing, abandoning, trading away, or harming your egg in any way.

Please do not request an egg just to bite it, or decide that you don't want it later on. All eggs must be raised to adulthood, as you cannot request another egg if your current egg is found to have had one of the actions stated above applied to it.

• 2. Another egg may be requested if the lineage you are currently working on has reached it's third generation.

If you have reached at least your third generation on the lineage you are in progress with, you may request another egg if you wish to work on two lineages at once.

• 3. If you wish to incorporate different breeds into your lineage:

Please keep a few things in mind. 1; You must tell me what breeds you want to use (other than nebulae, of course) and 2; You must have at least the amount of nebula dragons as you do generations. For example, if your lineage turns out to be 8 generations in total, then you must have at least 8 nebula dragons in the lineage.

• 4. Do not copy other people's lineages.

You may work on the same type of lineage (Stairstep, even-gen), but you cannot work on the same lineage as someone who is currently working on or has already completed a certain pattern. Each lineage is unique!

• 5. No inbreeding!

Please don't inbreed your dragon lineage! Thank you.

• 6. You must name your hatchling accordingly

When your first egg hatches, you MUST name it with a name ending in "of the Painted Galaxy." This does not apply to any other dragons in your lineage, just the one you obtained from the original pairs. For example, "Sunset of the Painted Galaxy." This is subject to change due to the length.

• 7. You must record your progress

Just fill out the progress form every time you breed your lineage dragons successfully, to keep track of how far you've gotten.

• 8. Understand how nebulas gender

I guess this is more of a reminder, but nevertheless it is important to know how nebulas gender with their colors. Blue and Red nebulas are always female, whereas green and purple nebulas are always male. Always. Meaning that you cannot breed a blue x blue nebula or a red x blue or purple x green or a male copper to a green nebula or anything of that sort.

• 8. Put a nyan cat in your egg request somewhere

Just so I know you read this wink.gif

Edited by GalaxyPassion13

Bᴀɴɴᴇʀs

If you could make a banner for this lineage, that would be great! You don't need to ask me if you could make a banner - if you are interested in doing so then just post the finished banner below tongue.gif Huge thanks to all the banner makers!

Available banners:

user posted image By Anak

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161102][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/XjYZqTD.png][/URL]

user posted image By Stromboli

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161102][IMG=https://24.media.tumblr.com/3d681e79bbf4295a510d3e705cf1c1d7/tumblr_n6bpj8Yebm1r9fky2o5_r1_500.gif][/URL]

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161102][IMG=https://24.media.tumblr.com/84eae004a7a7449360c80ab2f46c0ed9/tumblr_n6cxx37PZr1r9fky2o1_400.gif][/URL]

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161102][IMG=https://24.media.tumblr.com/ad9451e97c51e9ed8ad37e9217eaa635/tumblr_n6cxx37PZr1r9fky2o2_r1_250.jpg][/URL]

Check out our chat room, right Here! (It's a very unique chatroom wink.gif, but it will be down sometimes)

Wᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ Lɪsᴛ

People are added to the waiting list in the order that they request an egg in. You will be PMed with a link to claim the nebula egg when you are at the top of the list, and you must claim it within 3 days. If you do not, you will be moved to the dormant list. Once you get off the dormant list (By PMing asking to take you off the list), you will be placed 2nd on the waiting list.

All eggs will be placed in a hatchery after they have 6 days remaining, and taken out of the hatchery when the egg is claimed. (Remember that a member that is on the list after your may get an egg before you, it depends on the requested parents.) The waiting time is subject to change.

Wᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ Lɪsᴛ

1. erg06 (Green x Blue)

Estimated waiting time: 1 week

2. Kovia (Any pair)

Estimated waiting time: 1 day

3. thedupedidit (Purple x Red)

Estimated waiting time: 1 week

4. kigyptnee (Any Pair)

Estimated waiting time: 2 weeks

Dᴏʀᴍᴀɴᴛ Lɪsᴛ

None, yay!

Sᴛᴜᴅɪᴏs

This is the place where you can check on what lineages users are working on.

Elsa-breeze

Progress: 3rd Gen

Type: Even-gen

Description: Alternating multicolor, blue x purple and Red x Green etc.

Guillotine

Progress: 3rd Gen

Type: Spiral

Description: The "core" of the lineage will be Nebulas; only the Nebulas will be used to continue the line. Each dragon will be bred with a non-Nebula breed with a color that doesn't match the hatchling's color (so green Neb/Vine is out, but green Neb/Red or green Neb/Ice would be acceptable).

Rixie Pakuna

Progress: N/A

Type: Arrowhead

Description: I'll start off with a staircase of Purple x CB Blues, then I will add the other half with a staircase of Reds x CB Greens.

Kigyptnee

Progress: Not started

Type: Even-gen

Description: Caveborns ~ purple – red – purple – red – green – red – green – red – green – blue – green – blue – purple – blue – purple – blue

2nd Generation: purple – red – green – red – green – blue – purple – blue

3rd generation: purple – red – green – blue

4th Generation: purple – blue

5th generation: Red

Kovia

Progress: Not started

Type: Spiral

Description: 4 CB Nebulas, 2 male 2 female. Each will be bred to a descendant of the painted line in a spiral.

heavenuniasus

Type: PB Spiral

Description: breed CB Horses to purple and green Nebulas, and CB (male) Hellfires to red Nebulas, CB (male) Bleeding Moons to blue Nebulas.

Narvix

Type: Staitstep "sound wave"

Description: It'll start as a normal stairstep. Nebulas will be the core and CB dragons will be color-matched with the bred offspring. Since my second gen turned out female, the "wave" will string female offspring until gen four or five, then change to male for four or five generations and then back again to female. The breeds used will be Embers, Moonstones, Purple Ridgewings, and Terrae. Each will be matched with red, blue, purple, and green Nebulas respectively.

Aʀᴛ Sʜᴏᴘ

Finished your lineage and you want to sell offspring from your "Masterpiece" to others in turn for different eggs? Or maybe you're hunting for dragons with nice lineages to collect? Either way, here's where you'll go. Click on any dragon below to see its lineage, and use a form below to request a dragon from that lineage. Also make sure to PM the producer!

No Lineages at the moment.

Gᴀʟʟᴇʀʏ

If you are unwilling to breed and give away dragons, here's where you can post a link to your lineages for other people to see. Click on a dragon below to see its lineage.

Tʜʀᴇᴀᴅ Mᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀs

There may only be three mods, please contact me if you wish to become one. Include reasons why you'll help keep the topic safe and be able to answer any questions people may have.

Oᴡɴᴇʀ

GalaxyPassion13

Mᴏᴅs

None yet

Fᴏʀᴍs

Find all the various forms you need right here.

Rᴇǫᴜᴇsᴛ ᴀɴ Eɢɢ

Want to get involved with this lineage? Awesome, just fill out this form. For the egg parents, just look above at the pairs available and say which color combo you want. (Example Blue and Purple)

[SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]I Want an Egg![/color][/size]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Egg parents:[/B]
[B]Will you be unavailable at any time?[/B]

Lɪɴᴇᴀɢᴇ ɪɴ Pʀᴏɢʀᴇss!

You do not need to fill out this form until your egg has grown into a gendered hatchling. When it says "Describe your lineage," it means, in detail, tell your lineage idea and what types of dragons go where. "Lineage type" just means stairstep, even-gen, spiral etc.

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red]I am working on a lineage![/size][/color]
[I]My egg is now a gendered hatchling and I'd like to begin my lineage.[/I]
[B]Lineage Type:[/B]
[B]Other breeds to be used in my lineage:[/B]
[B]Describe your lineage:[/B]
[B]Anything else?[/B]

I'ᴅ Lɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ Cʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴍʏ Lɪɴᴇᴀɢᴇ Tʏᴘᴇ

Changed your mind? Fill out this form and you can get started right away on your other idea. THIS MUST BE FILLED OUT if you want to add an additional breed, or change you previous lineage idea in any way.

[SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]I'd like to change my lineage![/size][/color]
[B]New lineage type:[/B]
[B]New dragons to be used:[/B]
[B]Description of lineage:[/B]

I'ᴠᴇ Fɪɴɪsʜᴇᴅ ᴍʏ Lɪɴᴇᴀɢᴇ!

Yay! Fill out this form to name it and put it in the art shop or gallery. For the "Lineage name," please include what you want your lineage to be called. For example, for an even-gen lineage with all colors of nebulae, it could be called "Fireworks." Please don't make crazy prices for your lineage, like 3 shimmers. Your lineage will appear in the art shop or gallery soon after you submit the form.

[SIZE=7][COLOR=orange]I've finished my lineage! [/size][/color]
[B]Lineage Link:[/B]
[B]Lineage Name:[/B]
[B]Would you like your lineage in the art shop or gallery?[/B]
[B]Price for an egg from this lineage: (If you chose art shop) [/B]

Pʀᴏɢʀᴇss Fᴏʀᴍ

This form is mandatory, to show how far you've gotten in your lineage. Please link the furthest descendant of the Galaxy Paint egg, the one you received from the thread. If the dragon will be used to continue the lineage, say yes in that area. If it's not (You bred a green nebula and were hoping for a blue), then say no.

[SIZE=7][COLOR=green]I've made progress on my lineage![/size][/color]
[I]I've bred my dragons and have made further progress on my lineage.[/I]
[B]Dragon Name:[/B]
[B]Dragon Lineage Link:[/B]
[B]Will this dragon be used to continue the lineage?[/B]
[B]Other notes:[/B]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nᴇᴡs

June 11

The recently-obtained green x red pair have refused each other. Depending on what my next CB egg genders as, we shall keep waiting until either Galaxy Phantasm or Galaxy Autumn finds a good pair.

June 4

New form! Please take a look and fill it out if you have started your lineage. (It's a Lineage Progress Form)

May 29

In addition to the two original pairs, Galaxy Paint now has a Green x Blue pair! Find them listed as Galaxy Canopy and Galaxy Trail.

May 14

The Galaxy Paint lineage is up and running! Tell your friends if you're interested so that they can join too!

Bʀᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ Uᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇs

June 14

Green x blue and blue x purple didn't produce an egg this time, more waiting.

June 11

Galaxy Paint's two newest nebulas, Galaxy Autumn x Galaxy Phantasm, have refused each other. sad.gif

June 4

Blue x Purple have produced an egg, but the Blue x Green failed to breed. The last pair is on cool down for one day.

May 31

The other two pairs have successfully bred eggs smile.gif

May 30

Yay! The new Blue x Green worked. Unfortunately, I am egglocked now, and the other pairs are on cooldown for a day.

May 23

Hooray, one pair worked! Unfortunately, the blue x purple didn't produce an egg.

May 16

This week's breeding has failed, sorry about the wait! Eggs should be ready within the next week. I am working on getting the other 2 pairs, as stated in the first post, to speed things up.

Wɪsʜʟɪsᴛ

1 CB green nebulae

1 CB red nebulae

6 purples, any (For more successful breedings)

I Want an Egg!

Username: heavenuniasus

Egg parents: whoever's available

Will you be unavailable at any time? I can't take the egg for the next two or three days, because I'll be at a family reunion and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on. But after that I should be on pretty much daily.

First member! Yay!

Yay! tongue.gif

I'll send you a PM with the egg transfer link in... 3 days? Thanks for joining! smile.gif

I Want an Egg!

Username: Rixie_Pakuna

Egg parents: blue x purple please

Will you be unavailable at any time? Starting June 15 I will be gone for two weeks. Other than that, I sign on pretty much every day, or at least every other day.

I Want an Egg!

Username: Rixie_Pakuna

Egg parents: blue x purple please

Will you be unavailable at any time? Starting June 15 I will be gone for two weeks. Other than that, I sign on pretty much every day, or at least every other day.

Added to list smile.gif

And I'm really sorry about the slow wait guys, it might take another week because of the cooldown period after breeding.

I Want an Egg!

Username: Firedda

Egg parents: Blue x Purple

Will you be unavailable at any time? Yes. I am going to be mostly unavailable the next two weeks (until May 29th-ish). I may be on every once in a while, but not daily. I'll do my best to check back periodically.

Question: I have a few CB Nebulae (one ungendered hatchie, one Blue, one Green, and one Red). May I use them to help start a lineage (if I changed their names to include "Galaxy")? Or do I have to use the ones that you breed?

You must use the ones I've bred, sorry. It's sorta like the dorkface lineage, where every lineage originates from the same pairs, except there are 4 of them (I'm trying to collect more CBs for the last two pairs.)

Anyways, I added you on the list smile.gif It may take a few weeks to get the egg because of the cooldown, like I said in my last post, and I'm really sorry about the wait.

I Want an Egg!

Username:elsa-breeze

Egg parents: any will do biggrin.gif

Will you be unavailable at any time? probably not, as i visit the site everyday.

Oh, Oops! I'll fix it

And I'll add you to the list once a spot clears up, elsa smile.gif

id be happy to help breed eggs for this project, would I be allowed? ive got lots of cb nebs available for breeding and ive got some pairings

galaxy eternal red :red galaxy and galaxy shimmery sparkx

galaxy r2d2 c3po: green and galaxy noir dragon: blue

galaxy startreker : purple and galaxy 10th tardis: blue

I would help any way I can because this sounds really cool. post or pm me if I can help

Edited by erg07

I Want an Egg!

Username: Guillotine

Egg parents: RedxPurple

Will you be unavailable at any time? I should be available most days.

Interesting idea, I like it. :o

e: If either of my Nebula eggs turns out green, I'll send them your way.

Edited by Guillotine

no but really can I help with this project? answer and ill stop bugging you

You must use the ones I've bred, sorry. It's sorta like the dorkface lineage, where every lineage originates from the same pairs, except there are 4 of them (I'm trying to collect more CBs for the last two pairs.)

They already stated you can only use eggs from their starting pairs.

oh sorry I didn't see that post.

I Want an Egg!

Username: erg06

Egg parents: greenxblue

Will you be unavailable at any time? I should be available every day.

may I plz have an egg then?

Edited by erg07

Ok, I'll add you to the list. Hopefully I'll get a greenxblue paid by then.

Good news, one breeding pair has worked! smile.gif However, the other refused. Sorry! Everyone has been moved up a week, hopefully I can get more pairs soon.

I Want an Egg!

Username: Narvix

Egg parents: Any

Will you be unavailable at any time? I don't see any such time when I'll be unavailable in the future.

Sounds interesting, and I've developed a bit of a thing for nebulas recently. xd.png

I have a couple of CB males (green and purple) I think will make a nice stair with it. Not sure what I'll do after reaching 4G though.

I Want an Egg!

Username: Kovia

Egg parents: Any pairing.

Will you be unavailable at any time? Shouldn't be.