Mistress of Whispers

[OoC thread] In the Black

Do we want to timeskip to landing / docking for repairs? We could also wait a few days (say until the end of the weekend) so people can post snippets of what their character is doing on the journey (should be another day or 2-3 before we land).

Im fine for a timeskip, all nelson would really do would be get aspirin go back to the engine room, sleep.

I'm ok with a time skip as well. there might be a scene about poker somewhere, but the crew probably plays cards more often smile.gif

Time skip is good.... though I may have dropped a spoilery hint in my last post.

Timeskipped! I'm short of time, so I didn't check the Firefly wiki for a named moon. If anyone has suggestions, just holler (preferably with wiki link) smile.gif.

Also, for any readers following this rp: new characters can board on the moon!

I won't have my laptop next week and while I have internet on my phone, typing large replies on it is kinda meh. So I'll reply whenever I can, but it might be a bit of a slow trickle.

Any ideas for our repair stop? Maybe people want to go out and be recognized by people they'd rather remain hidden from? Or get in a brawl and be arrested by local authorities? Open to suggestions!

Perhaps Nelson and Jay could frequent the bar? Have a game of pool and get noticed?

I'll post in a little bit.

Repair stops are always fun to make

.... and are often more trouble than what caused the damage lol.

I'm all for trouble smile.gif.

If Atlanta, Jay and Nelson can't raise enough trouble in their own, I'll send Teela out too. For now though, I have faith in the lot of you to cause plenty of problems!

Why would Nelson cause trouble... unless he couldn't pay for a drink I don't think he'd be a problem xd.png

Hey guys I'll be able to post on the 21st. And if anyone gets into serious trouble Athena can help by being a companion. If anyone has seen the show they know she could.

Thanks for letting us know smile.gif. I don't foresee trouble in the immediate future though - this roleplay has turned out to move rather slow smile.gif.

Speaking of that: are people okay with the slow speed? I personally think it's fine as long as it doesn't cause people to forget or stop posting.

Oh how wrong/naïve Atlanta is....

Granted it should be true.

However, the matter of honour and a perceived slight would override most common sense in certain circles. tongue.gif

Reposted my last ic post, since it kinda got lost in the ooc talk smile.gif.

Biologist and I will be afk this week, We'll have internet on our mobile phones, but those are awful to type long replies on. So expect our replies to be slow and/or short. Players explicitly have my permission to advance the plot, stir up trouble with the locals, etc. In such an event, Jay will join the fray and Xiao will use her powers of 'being very petite' to place herself out of harm's way (only during the fight, she will provide medical aid after).

Bump smile.gif.

I'd post in the IC, but I'm the last person there already and I don't want to double-post.

If anyone has seen the episod Objects in Space with the bounty hunter I think that would be fun if the two figures were bounty hunters. Male and female maybe? Athena does have a price on her, alive under a different name, but they still might cause trouble, and there is no way that they could prove that she was the right person because she has all the right paper work, yay black market.

And if someone else wanted to play the hunters so I'm not doing both sides that'd be good too.

Unless someone else has an idea?

Edited by XxWaterGaridanxX

Garidan, I think that's a great idea. I was considering making them bounty hunters contacted by the Bernard, but I like your version better since it introduces a new enemy instead of building on an old one (one can never have too many enemies).

I am currently swimming in deadlines and it'll be another week before I can type up a decent reply. Until then, don't wait for me and just assume Xiao is tagging along.

I like your idea as well. I took the liberty of describing their actions somewhat, deliberately keeping it vague as to who their intended target is.

I hope you like it. If you do, I could do more of those posts with Whipers' permission...

Lol, here's my thought process of reading your post Bio:

Oh great another J name, might have to change that.... oh wait.... jack and jill... ha! That's perfect! Totally laughed real hard.