Mistress of Whispers

[OoC thread] In the Black

Hmm, I think the first part of the disguise plan should work well - the preparation stage.

After all, that part basically involves clothes and make-up, nothing too difficult.

The problems would come during interactions.

I was thinking that the first test would be seeing if Atlanta could fool the crew if she came out of the shuttle first pretending to be Athena? (Basically giving her a chance to develop and practice the 'attitude' differences?)

I'm the second-to-last poster, right before MP. I'm happy to post again if no one else has inspiration for a post?

All I'd really do is just have Nelson walk back... I'm for you just continuing things along if you'd like.

A few announcements:

I've retired Narath's character. My idea is that one of the bounty hunters will escape, and Jake leaves the Harmony to go after him/her for revenge.

I'll also bunny mod Athena and Atlanta through the exchange scene. They'll retire to their rooms afterwards, so that'll keep them out of the way. I'm hoping Takhesis and WaterGaridan return after the summer holiday, but otherwise I'll retire those characters too.

We have a new player: Narvix plays Eli Hastings, a liaison of sorts who'll help the Harmony to line up new jobs. So welcome, Narvix! smile.gif

We're still accepting additional new characters, so if anyone knows a good player who might be interested, feel free to poke them smile.gif.

Hello, hello. ^^

I'm likely to wait a day or two before I post depending on how quickly the situation with the ransom goes by. I don't want to shove Eli into it because it'd be awkward and unrealistic. He's more likely to encounter Xiao at the Harmony than anything else.

That makes sense, Narvix. Between people dropping out, the ransom scene has taken much longer (ooc) than I'd like anyway, so I'm hoping to wrap it up quickly.

If one of the bounty hunters is meant to escape will it be the man or the woman... right now it looks like the woman will but letting her escape won't give me much to do with Nelson.

Maybe the female bounty hunter gets up again, behind a stack of crates where Jay and Teele can't see her (but Nelson can), and prepares to get back and shoot Jay while he's busy with the male bounty hunter. Nelson could lay down cover fire, forcing the female hunter to retreat (and eventually flee through the cargo bay doors through which she entered).

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

With his skill how would you feel about him putting a bullet in her gun and she runs. He is a pacifist.

Awesome! Sorry for my extended absence guys!

Welcome Narvix! Glad to have another character. I think your character will fit in to the story well.

The exchange is going well I think. But should we have a casualty? I was thinking about having a bullet that ricochet hit Athena, maybe from Jill while she leaves to cover her butt.

A ricocheting bullet from the female hunter seems like a long shot, but since Athena is not combat trained, she probably looks up for a second upon hearing Teela's shot. That gives the male hunter an opening. Athena could still dodge to the side, or maybe Jay or Nelson will intervene. But it might still be a shot that grazes Athena or hits her in the shoulder if you want.

Does that work?

Bunny modded Jake and Nelson to set up Jake leaving, and woke up Athena so WaterGaridan can jump back in smile.gif.

I'm debating what to do with Atlanta. Takhesis hasn't posted on the forum (at all) since the beginning of May. That's nearly 6 months. Should I let Atlanta leave the ship with Jake, until Takhesis (hopefully) comes back? Or just have Atlanta stay in her room for now?

I think letting her go with Jake is a good way to retire her character without making it impossible for her to come back.

Staying in her room the whole time is not like Atlanta, I think. And it would open up a room for another paying customer smile.gif

I'm working on my post now. I just wanted to refresh some memories about the first job Eli has lined up. Hired by a wealthy employer, he's looking to retrieve some controversial items/cargo. That's where the Harmony crew comes in. Eli's going to brief the crew about it in IC. I just want to make sure this is the direction everyone (Mistress especially) is okay with.

Sounds good to me too smile.gif

P.S. Narvix, Teela gave her name at the top of p.13. Though you're right that xiao never did.

Did she? I didn't catch it .-. I'll edit that.

Edit: Alright, it's fixed. ^^

Edited by Narvix

My next post will be Atlanta, who is worried that *more* bounty hunters will keep coming to the ship (since Athena is worth good money) and that eventually one of them will recognize her too. So she wants to leave the Harmony until things calm down. When Jake announces his intention to leave, she'll go with him (she knows him, so that's safer than striking out with new people). I'll leave Jake's plan to get a new ship unspecified, because I don't really have a clue and it's not relevant to our story.

Does anyone else want to make a post?

Bump smile.gif. Do Eli or Athena want to do anything, or shall I continue with the disembarking of Jake and Atlanta?

@ WaterGaridan, Athena is awake (Xiao gave her something to wake up).

@ Biologist and Narvix, the hallway near the crew quarters also leads to the cockpit, so your characters may have heard/spotted each other.

I'm sorry, I'll post when I'm able to. I've just been really busy with school projects and all of my classes are having exams this week. If you need to, feel free to just have Eli settling into his quarters. (He'd just be storing his portfolios somewhere like a drawer.)

Awesome, I'll go have her get a glass of water actually scratch that she would probably want to get out of the diseviled clothes knowing her, and perhaps the Captain might have a chat with her about why exactly those bounty hunters wanted her so badly

Edited by XxWaterGaridanxX