Luckyclaw

1x1 with Narvix and Luckyclaw

Two 'gods' play a game, two players get sucked into it.

CURRENT LEVEL: INTRO SCREEN

Basics: Information

Lost Souls

Ethereal, humanoid, beings. Classified as enemies though they are not primary targets. Will hinder players as attacking obstacles.

The Levels

Each level is different and there are a total of 23. Objectives differ based on the general traits or characteristics of the present level. This can be different settings, different creatures, even different laws of physics and what is "natural." Some objectives might consist of finding specific items or opening specific doorways, others might be more dangerous and risky to the players' health points.

The Gods

No information learned yet.

[[More shall be added as the thread progresses.]]

Character Selection

Please select the following....

[b]Name:[/b] -----
[b]Age:[/b] -----
[b]Gender:[/b] -----
[b]Physical Appearance:[/b] -----
[b]Strengths:[/b] Only up to three.
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] Only up to three.
[b]Equipment:[/b] Any weapons, armor, supplies, etc.
[b]Other Information:[/b] -----

[[Or you can simply make an intro post with all of this information.]]

Character Confirmation: Select 'Start' to Begin

[[i'll put our characters here in the given format above.]]

Name: Cody

Physical Appearance: He has green, blue, and purple colored hair with a single lock of hair that is long enough to act as bangs while the rest of his hair is trimmed shorter and fashioned into a relax mow-hawk; no spikes to make a point, just loose locks positioned into place while the sides of his head are almost shaved away entirely to help accent the style.

His skin is of a slightly tan or darker complexion but more due to blood than to being in sunlight (he isn't constantly locked away in his room, preferring more to be outdoors, but his skin simply doesn't tan as easily as the next person's). Beneath his dark eyebrows rest eyes with violet irises, made such by non-prescriptive contact lenses. Naturally, they are of a green-blue color while his hair is a lighter shade of brown.

He favors wearing dark tank tops and jeans. A thin, metal, chain is always seen rested against the side of his left leg, the two ends attached to the belt loops on either side of his hip. His legs are long for his five feet and some odd inches height. Brown boots, or some cross between boots and sneakers, usually suffice for footwear. He also has a lip ring near the bottom right corner of his mouth. The piercing has existed for a handful of years now and this season's latest model is a simple silver ring with a streak of crimson down the center.

Strengths: Kick-Boxing, arts and crafts stuff, and using knives.

Weaknesses: Alarming sounds, familiarization with guns, and a slower learning pace.

Equipment: None yet.

Other Information: -----

Name: Stripe

Physical Appearance: Naturally platinum blonde, Stripe has dyed his hair to appear more white but his aquamarine colored eyes are natural. From seemingly a lack of proper decision making skills, the boy wears a white tiger hoodie with blue stripes. In way of build, he doesn't seem capable of handling himself in a fight but, most boys of his age are usually on the thin side anyways. Healthy in the regards that he is of middle-class, his skin is pale and surely depicts his Caucasian heritage.

Strengths: Doesn't seem to scare easily, good at handling his dislikes, seems to listen to his instincts.

Weaknesses: Weak swimmer, no defensive training, seems to not be able to finish much of what he starts.

Equipment: None yet.

Other Information: -----

Edited by Narvix

What had he been doing last? He couldn't remember very well at the moment, something involving TV. Or was it the computer? He gave up trying to pull bits of his shattered memory out of the recesses of his mind, figuring that they would come in time on their own. So, where was he now? It was dark around him, he couldn't se - oh, maybe that would help. Opening his eyes and blinking slowly, he saw what was responsible for the itchy sensation against his cheek and neck: grass. A small breeze stirred the green blades, causing them to tickle his nose and him to scrunch up his face to keep from sneezing.

Pushing himself up from his stomach onto his knees, the young man raked a hand through green, blue, and purple colored hair that fell back down in a mess against his forehead. A single lock of hair was long enough to act as bangs while the rest of his hair had been trimmed shorter and fashioned into a relax mow-hawk; no spikes to make a point, just loose locks positioned into place while the sides of his head was almost shaved away entirely to help accent the style.

His skin was of a slightly tan or darker complexion but more due to blood than to being in sunlight (he wasn't constantly locked away in his room, preferring more to be outdoors, but his skin simply didn't tan as easily as the next person's). Beneath his dark eyebrows rested eyes with violet irises, made such by non-prescriptive contact lenses. Naturally, they are of a green-blue color while his hair is a lighter shade of brown.

With a sigh, he rose to his feet, idly dusting any dirt off of his dark tank top and jeans. A thin, metal, chain rested against the side of his left leg, the two ends attached to the belt loops on either side of his hip; it shifted as he began walking, making a very faint sound. The young man's legs were long, allow him to cover a distance with ease for his five feet and some odd inches height. Brown boots, or some cross between boots and sneakers, made slight impressions in the grass as he travelled. Travelled to where? The man didn't know. This place was unfamiliar though he figured he was still on the same planet. Right? The sky was blue, the sun a brilliant yellow, and puffy white clouds streaked across the sky. In the distance, he made out trees and what might have been buildings.

How did I end up outside of the city? No answer came to mind, no possible explanation for why he wasn't at home. Had he even been home to begin with? Well, he thought he had been.... The kid was old enough to be on his own anyways, a high school drop out since his senior year. That had been... what? Two or three years ago? That placed him at about 22 years of age.

A pink tongue swiped his dry and cracked lips, briefly brushing the lip ring near the bottom right corner of his mouth. The piercing had existed for a handful of years now, this season's latest model being a simple silver ring with a streak of crimson down the center. Some would call him emo or a punk with no respect. To Hell with those stereotypes, he was just Cody. There wasn't anything wrong with having an abnormal appearance. Anyone who disagreed was free to go censorkip.gif themselves.

So, did his appearance give a basic idea of what he was like as a person? Maybe, maybe not. Music that some would call metal or screamo certainly had an appeal to him but, so did calmer music. So long as it was something expressive, he liked it. And what caused him to drop out of school so close to graduation? He wasn't going to graduate with the rest of his class, behind on his credits, and learning things in a stifling classroom just wasn't his ideal place to be. Besides, he learned things at his own pace. Instead, he devoted his time to artwork be it woodcarvings, paintings, or sculptures. Expression was his thing, in any shape or form.

He had taken up kick-boxing in middle school for anger and stress release reasons, giving him a good standing in any physical fight. Knives weren't also a stranger to him but bring any kind of gun and he would hurry the censorkip.gif out of there just like anyone else. Destructive things and alarmingly loud sounds such as gunshots or even thunder tended to frighten him a bit stronger than others.

Cody came to a stop in the middle of the field, frowning slightly. The line of trees and buildings didn't appear to be any closer than when he first noticed them. He couldn't have been that far out, could he? Folding his arms, he glanced around. Why the Hell am I out here for?

When the light-haired boy's mind snapped back into focus, he first assumed the world around him was a daydream. It certainly felt like a daydream. His limbs held heavy the feeling of waking up from a deep thought or a light nap, a dispersing shell of fuzzy warmness and the increasing awareness and energy as if air itself was a refreshing splash of water. He found his vision resting on his outstretched pale hand. There was something different about it at the moment, but he couldn't quite figure out what it was. He chalked it off to the idea that it must be a daydream, or an actual dream, and that the slight difference in the atmosphere around him must be dream logic. How else would he go from the imprisonment of Freshman life in a stagnant October classroom to the middle of an open field in the middle of...

Where was he?

He was already standing up, though he didn't know for how long he had been doing so. His arms crossed together over his blue-striped white tiger hoodie. Stripe was at the age now where he grappled at any object that could be seen as 'cool' or 'awesome', and while walking in a mall one afternoon last year he came across a god-forsaken striped hoodie that looked awful and he bought it up. He suffered under some middle school illusion that wearing something with a brand name on it, or some kind of animal or character slapped onto it, selling at over 100 dollars per pop made you absorb its magical powers or something. This hoodie had all the criteria except a pop culture character saying some catchphrase that no one would remember in ten years.

Odd how he was like someone like Cody for a totally different reason. A person like Cody wore what they wanted because they came to like it, Stripe wore things he liked so that others would look at him and say he was unique, when what he was doing wasn't unique at all. It was looking to be different so he would belong. High School would rip this kid apart soon.

The oddest sense of panic overcame him and he searched his hoodie pockets, distressed to find that his DS was missing, but he pulled himself out of that panic as soon as the urge overcame him. This wasn't the time to worry about his electronics, when he had already 'misplaced himself' (His brain thought of that one all by itself).

There was a city in the distance. Seemed like a good idea to go towards civilization. His years and years of elementary school education mixed with Health class culminated into this singular moment- They would have a police station, and a cell phone, and he could get home or get help there. Maybe he would HAVE his cell phone on him if the principal of the school hadn't issued a war on the shape of cell phones in pockets. Hell, even his DS had internet capabilities, maybe he could how downloaded some kind of maps program or GPS onto it. Kids like him these days always found a way, yeah.

A breeze ruffled his short white hair, and Stripe ran a hand through it. It was dyed that way, something he did with his brother one night for the fun of it, though the color wasn't far off. He was a platinum blonde, hair so light that in some lighting it almost seemed white, but his aquamarine eyes were all-natural. Calm like tropical seas, yet could change to the temperament of treacherously thin ice. At the moment though, he had no feeling towards his predicament but confusion. What else could he give to the world right now but that? He sensed no danger, just puzzlement as to how he got here...

He halted in his tracks as he caught sight of the walking afterschool special called Cody. That elementary school training/Health class from earlier? No matter how many times they told you not to 'judge based on appearances', they completely contradicted themselves. Yeah, it was always a crazy man with a bunch of chains and leather anything who was handing out drugs and trying to beat up the random kid named something normal like 'Ryan' for no reason. Stranger danger, especially if the stranger looked like a back alley barfed on the sidewalk.

Stripe had no defense training. He was the kind of kid who was enrolled in a thousand different classes but never stuck with any of them. The farthest he got in Karate class was sit-ups before he dropped out because he wasn't learning anything he didn't learn in gym class. There was no pressing need for him to learn how to fight, though- he was a well-off white boy in an upper middle-class neighborhood. The biggest threat to his life on a daily basis was paper cuts. When it came to fear though, Stripe was a blank slate. He wasn't afraid of anything he didn't already have a clear reason to fear, yet he wasn't a 'brave' soul either. He had his likes and dislikes, and he was never a strong swimmer, but at the same time he didn't despise going near water and could handle his dislikes well.

He was behind the older man for a minute or so, but he soon realized that childishly standing behind this stranger wouldn't work either. They were in an open field, there was no place to hide. May as well not look suspicious.

"'Scuse me," He called out, breaking the silence of the field with a voice that had only just begun to get acquainted with puberty, "Do you know where I am, sir?"

CURRENT LEVEL: ONE

"'Scuse me. Do you know where I am, sir?"

The sudden sound of words in the voice of a young individual made Cody turn, violet eyes taking a moment to travel down and register the source. "Uh... No, I can't. Sorry kid...." Cody replied, pausing slightly. "Do you happen to know how you got here?" he asked after a few heartbeats. Perhaps the kid was in a similar situation as he was, at a loss about what he was doing here. It was one thing for an adult to be out on their own. But a kid? Briefly, Cody looked around to see if he might catch sight of other people, someone who might be responsible for watching this kids, but he saw no one else. Strange....

Flickering across his thoughts was the idea that, perhaps, this kid was a runaway. Taking note of his clothes, however, gave Cody the sense that this wasn't the case. White hair and wearing a, for certain, unfortunate coat, the young man had to believe that the kid was out of his element here. What kid wasn't though? With all those gadgets and gizmos they carried around or fiddled with practically 24/7, it seemed outdoor activities and the desire to have fresh air was fading progressively with each generation. It was kind of sad to Cody.

Before he managed to ask this boy where his parents were, a large shadow crossed the grassy field where they stood. Cody looked up, expecting some rain clouds, but rubbed at his eyes a second later. Was he seeing things? Or were those giant letters rolling across the sky in dark red and purple. Begin Game? What the hell's this about? It was probably some sort of joke pulled by some high end businessman or scientist. Weren't they always doing crazy stuff like in those TV shows that waisted people's times?

The two words dissipated shortly after appearing, leaving the sky clear again with its splattering of white clouds. Cody frowned, shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders. He turned his attention back to the kid. "Do you know where your parents are? Maybe we can find them." His 'big brother' gears were turning, sympathy growing as he figured the boy was certainly lost and probably confused. "Name's Cody, by the way." He offered his hand to shake, faded stains of paint now visible on his fingertips.

[[Let me know if I've missed anything or got something wrong about Stripe for his little sheet info.]]

Edited by Narvix

(You got any ideas for the first level? I have some.)

"The last thing I remember I was in school, and now I'm here..." He hummed as he was deep in thought, trying desperately to recall any hint or moment in his memory that would tell him how he suddenly ended up here, "I'm sorry, I don't know. I was just looking out the window, and when I turned my head around I was standing in a field." His body chilled, an idea hit him. "Did I fall asleep?" Stripe suddenly turned from Cody, looking around at the landscape. It didn't feel like a dream. Nevertheless, Stripe closed his eyes and shook his head. Wake up, wake up, wake up...

...Nothing. He opened his eyes again and looked back at the mohawked young adult. He gave a nervous grin and a similarly timid chuckle, "I'm sorry," He said sorry a whole lot, "I just... I don't know how I got here. Is this even possible? I have to be forgetting something, right?"

Cody asked him if he knew where his parents were. "No?" Stripe wondered why Cody would answer that question if Stripe didn't know where he himself was. Plus, how old did he think Stripe was? He just turned fourteen this summer. He was old enough to go on Disney Channel.com without his parent's permission at this point (His brain made that one up, too! He should be proud), for Pete's sake! He was in High School this year. He wasn't a baby why had to always be in his mother's line of sight. But Stripe had no time to say anything on the topic, or even really the time to formulate a long response. Cody stuck his hand out and introduced himself. After a moment of hesitation Stripe complied and shook the hand, "Everyone calls me Stripe." His brother called him that a long time ago, back when he was a baby, and it stuck. Though his friends all assumed it was because he liked tigers so much.

[[i want to see your plans smile.gif I'm thinking we can alternate who gets to lay out the main plot line for each level. You can take this one, I'll take the second level, and so forth from there. Obviously, input from the other can always be considered.]]

So it wasn't just him then. Cody frowned, idly running his hand down over his mouth after Stripe had taken the offer to shake. This didn't seem all to good. Both of them had no recollection as to how they got out here. Had they fallen asleep? It was an idea but, the chances that both of them were out here together? He shook his head. Besides, by the sounds of it, Cody lived in a completely different area from Stripe; the man recalled it being early evening before he found himself here in the bright daylight.

"You're not the only one with some sort of amnesia. I remember listening to a TV or something on a computer before I found myself here. Don't apologize." He rubbed the back of his neck, gaze turning once more to the cityscape and line of trees. "Let's see if we can't head back to civilization. I'm sure we'll have a better sense of where we're at then."

That sounded like a good idea. Get to that city in the distance and then they could get a better grip on how they got here and why, and more importantly, how to get home. This Cody man didn't seem as bad as Stripe thought he would be. He was ready to follow this man to the civilization in the distance, when suddenly the sky broke.

The top of the sky suddenly turned black, quickly engulfing the world above them into an inky black expanse full of nothing. The city in the distance burst into a new color as well, now a haunting orange glow far in the distance, and then it too began to spread. Suddenly buildings lined the distance, enclosing them in the field on all sides. Before Stripe could comment even the ground below them began to change. The grass and flowers of the field melted into one large, flat surface and turned bright white, and the roar of the ground rearranging filled the air. Platforms were breaking out of the ground to suspend in the air and other cubes of land were sinking lower and lower, the only land untouched was the plot they happened to be sharing.

Startled, Stripe stumbled backwards only to realize there was no ground to step on. Just in the nick of time he threw himself forward, upper half safely on the white land and hips below hanging off the edge. The young teenager scrambled back up onto the platform quicker than the sound of his throbbing heart. Oddly enough, something seemed to be caught in his sight, like a vein showing after one looked at a bright light. But when he rubbed his eye, he realized it was more than an inconvenience. It was a health bar with his name written under it, and soon after Cody's name joined it just above his. Inside the health bars were three hearts each. "...Cody, are you seeing these things, too?"

Was it something he said? The world suddenly began to change, colors flipping and landscape rearranging itself. He turned as the city stretched to encircle the field, looking down when the ground trembled. Cody's skin seemed to pale even further, his eyes watching the grass whiten and mold into a hard surface. "H-Hey...!" He started to reach out when it seemed that Stripe was going to fall. Guess he didn't need to worry too much; the boy caught the platform nearby and scrambled up onto his feet.

"Yeah... I'm seeing these things too...." He was unnerved, possibly dreaming, but he assumed he was seeing the same things as Stripe. Whatever the hell it was that floated at the corner of his vision, he brief tried to rub it away or snatch it from the air. However, nothing worked to make the three-heart health bar disappear. Looking around, he tried to absorb what had just occurred. Black sky, orange landscaping, and white ground. It was surreal, the feeling of some kind of gaming platform. Wait....

Was Stripe's platform moving up? No... His was moving down! And downward led to nothing but darkness. Reacting more from panic than from reasonable thinking, Cody ran forward and jumped, arms outstretched. His fingers barely grasped the edge of Stripe's platform before they slipped and he dropped with a cry. Fortunately, the man didn't fall far, hitting another platform hard on his back.

Grunting, he rolled onto his side and then to all fours as he hear gears click. Looking up, he realized that he was moving upwards now. Once he was a foot above Stripe's head, the platform shifted sideways and the inertia caused him to fall back onto his side with a yelp. What the hell was going on? Getting to his feet, he finally stopped moving but now there had to be about some hundred or so yards distance between him and Stripe. "I don't like this at all...."