HomeForFlowers

3x3 Flighted Love

((Apparently, personality just pooped up. That, or Apple products don't like it.

I'll fix the Japan part as well.

Fixed~))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

This all good?

Forum Name: groundporkchops

Name:Bodaiju (Referred to as Dai)

Species: Dragon (of oriental descent if such a thing exists in this world.)

Appearance:Bodaiju (it's a gif, so allow it to load xd.png) Dai is an oriental dragon, with white scales and grey-blue underbelly. His eyes are a dark blue, like chips of lapis lazuli and his claws, spines and his moon pearl is the same colour. His body is serpentine, easily maneuverable and evasion-based. He is wingless as with all his species, but his abilities are tied to his 'moon pearl', a pearly blue-grey ball that follows him forever. He has four legs, each with 5 digits with long dark blue claws. On his chest are five dark blue and silver scales that can be used to store small items behind them.

Biography: As an orphaned egg, he woke alone and was alone for most of his life. His species is widespread and often very remote. He traversed the mountains of his homeland, finding himself then in an area of war and constant battle. He found a mate young but as they welcomed their first nest of young, a rogue dragon destroyed his home and killed his family. He sought revenge and is trying to find a place to settle now that his enemies are destroyed.

Personality: His main defining features are his sarcasm, intelligence and always willing to speak his mind. However, he is cold on the outside, bitter from his harsh life. His personality will change over time though.

Crush/Mate: None, but wants to fill the gaping void left by the death of his former mate.

Power: His powers are mainly linked to storms and wind, as he is a rain spirit dragon. Spring water heals minor wounds on his body and he can control wind blades from his claws.

Other: His name is Bodaiju, meaning linden tree. Linden trees are sacred, as well as growing perfect flowers in the spring, that time of the rains. Linden trees also have strong wood, hinting at a very strong personal will and determination.

He didn't know who they were or what they were doing there but, the multicolored gryphon found a bit of entertainment in watching the tense encounter. The pretty gryphon with black and white feathers seemed to be companions with the large wyvern, generating a reaction that made it obvious to tell that the small, brown and white, dragon wasn't part of their group. The trio was rather loud, however, and the aviary of gryphons some distance away might end up overhearing them; he had and now he was hidden among the trees and underbrush to watch them.

Luka's snake-like tail twitched faintly, the feathery-fur at the tip barely dusting the ground as he laid in the shadows. He considered himself a scholar but, once in awhile, he did allow himself to indulge in other pastimes, specifically watching other creatures from afar. Or nearby. It depended on how close he wanted to be (or could get). Blue-green eyes blinked slowly, leaves and branches from the underbrush spotting his field of vision. Furry ears swiveled slightly with each sound, perk forward for the most part to focus on the vocal trio in his sight.

He knew dragons were notorious for possessing unique abilities, so the wyvern was even more of an object to be cautious about. However, due to the creature's size and massive wings, Luka figured it to be something of a tedious task for the wyvern to maneuver through forestry. The smaller dragon could utilize frost or ice in some way and that made Luka's fur tremble ever-so-slightly. Cold didn't affect him until it dropped below a certain temperature but, he suspected that the scaly female could surpass that borderline. Though, it seemed she was more susceptible to her emotions or, at the very least, her panicky reactions.

Now the fellow gryphon? She appeared as agile as he, though she had the forelimbs of a bird, meaning she would be at a disadvantage in competing with him at a foot-race. Of course, he was making an assumption; he didn't know her talents. But the shape of her wings told that she was more for flying than for running. Brilliant. He loved speed; it made traveling long distances less intimidating despite the fact that he always slowed down to take in the scenery regardless of distance. And, like the other gryphon, he was meant for speed.

Now, the question remained: should he continue watching this trio, emerge and announce his presence, or simply leave and go on with his merry life? Then again, the shade felt good, protecting his furred and feathered body from the heat of the sun. So, this being the case, he chose to remain as he was and continue watching in silence. At the distance he was at, they wouldn't hear him and there was no wind to carry his scent. Even if there were, it would be mixed with the pollen of flowers and tinge of greenery.

Arashi dove happily through the clouds and rain. The flash of lightning only made her heart race faster in excitement. This went on for a few more hours, just her in the heart of the storm. Then, the she-gryphon broke through the storm front, emerging in a calmer atmosphere. Below her was forest. The light breeze carried up incomprehensible conversation. Curious, she swooped down lower, her feathers and fur still wet from the rain.

Bodaiju was exhilarated in his element, the spring rains a boon. He had several small scratches from a fight a few days earlier over food, a fight he had tried to avoid but the other male had been aggressive. He had been starving, having just arrived in this land after a trans-oceanic flight of several days. The cold rain and thundery storm had helped heal the minor wounds on his underbelly.

The forests were different, large thick-trunked trees that were solid enough to support his weight, much unlike the bamboo seas of his childhood. There were new prey, horse-like horned creatures that he since learned by the name of deer.There were several groups around, namely a tribe of dragons situated a valley he thought to the south west of the coast. There was a small pride of gryphons as well, maybe not even two-score strong. Gryphons tended to live in large groups he had found, preferring the 'safety in numbers' dynamic.

He had thought about joining the dragon tribe but upon seeing their lazy and definitely not hardworking attitudes, he decided against it. He would go insane with boredom in a tribe such as that.

With that in mind, Dai decided to make his way towards the gryphon pride, which he believed to be a medium flight to the north. He turned in the air, his moon-pearl floating just beside his head and flew northward.

The sun was high in the sky above the clouds he knew but still a light rain fell on Dai as he flew, several hours into and nearing the end of his journey.

As he flew above the forest canopy, he smelt sour-blooded meat and flew down nearby to investigated the scents of rotting carcass, dragon and gryphon all with the same clearing.

He twisted his way through the undergrowth and came into a clearing, where two groups seemed to be facing off, a gryphon and sandy-scaled wyvern opposite a small brown and white dragon.

He eyed the group and put the wyvern at around his age, with the female dragon and the white-black gryphon being definitely younger than him. He stepped further into the clearing and clacked his claws against a nearby stone, his jaw curled into a wry grin.

"That meat is inedible now, you know? It died in fear and it's blood is sour, turning its meat wasteful and sour." It was, of course, the duty of the more experienced to pass information to the lesser-knowing ones. Of course. He grinned at the small groups, eyes guarded but albeit, less cold than usual. Maybe it was their ages?

Athena

She shrieked in fear. First the big dragon was scary and two a big dragon arrived. "It died from fear?" She asked. Her eyes widened. She has always been a scaredy cat. Now thinking they she could die from it she shrieked louder. Athena scurried up a tree and glided to another. Her landing spot was higher up than she could reach so she attached her claws to the tree and scurried to where she could have landed if she could fly. "I'm safe now" she talked through her breath. Athena looked at everyone from a safe distance. They seemed to be too big to land here but she wasn't sure. Only one of them seemed nice. The others seemed to be fighters. The sun hit her scales again. Man it's hot. She craned her neck and put a layer of frost on it. She cooled down. She looked the opposite way the others where and saw stalking gryphons looking at the others. "Watch out!" She yelled out to them as the jumped. Hopefully they would miss.

Edited by kingcobra2018

Athena

She shrieked in fear. First the big dragon was scary and two a big gryphon arrived. "It died from fear?" She asked. Her eyes widened. She has always been a scaredy cat. Now thinking they she could die from it she shrieked louder. Athena scurried up a tree and glided to another. Her landing spot was higher up than she could reach so she attached her claws to the tree and scurried to where she could have landed if she could fly. "I'm safe now" she talked through her breath. Athena looked at everyone from a safe distance. They seemed to be too big to land here but she wasn't sure. Only one of them seemed nice. The others seemed to be fighters. The sun hit her scales again. Man it's hot. She craned her neck and put a layer of frost on it. She cooled down. She looked the opposite way the others where and saw stalking gryphons looking at the others. "Watch out!" She yelled out to them as the jumped. Hopefully they would miss.

[[This actually confused me a bit .-. I know you're describing Avalon and Aeither at the start but then I sort of lose track. I'm guessing you're responding to Dai appearing and suddenly speak from the blue. But stalking gryphons? Arashi's high in the sky and Luka's laying down in the shade watching the growing group from underbrush. I can understand Athena spotting bits of him from her vantage point but, who's she jumping at? And who would miss what?]]

((Yes it's when Dai appears out of the blue and starts talking about the frightened to death deer.. And I figured to add more excitement. The jumping was left general so anyone could take it or say they dodged it or do something like. While Blablabla was having a conversation a gryphon pounced he thought it was at him but it was at a deer that started to pass by or something. The reason I left this open is because of the fact that some people control a NPC and aim it towards someone when another person wanted it aimed at them. Soo... Hopefully that wasn't confusing. I'll turn this into a post when someone does an IC post.))

Edited by kingcobra2018

[[Alright. Let me make sure I have this correctly.

Two+ NPC gryphons are stalking nearby and Athena has alerted the other two dragons and gryphon she has encountered about the NPCs' presences. At that time, one of the NPCs has chosen to pounce and the object could be anything?]]

((I was a little confused... were you referring to Dai as the big gryphon... Cause he's a dragon, most definitely.))

Dai blinked at the reaction from the young dragon, before chuckling deep in his chest. Younglings were always funny, no matter how serious they tried to be about some things. He looked up the small dragon perched on a solid branch that he estimated would perhaps hold his weight. He was after all, a smaller dragon. His curling, thin body was long but his weight less than the wyverns' he assumed. With a amused lilt in his voice, he called up to the frightened dragonette.

"No, little one. It was afraid of whatever attacked it. So it's blood goes sour and-"

A scent entered his nostrils, a breeze carrying danger and bloodlust. At the same time, the young dragon in the tree shouted a warning and he turned to left, only to be greeted by vicious talons snatching at his eyes and swooping with intent to kill.

He ducked his serpentine body out of the way, hoping that the other 3 had escaped harm.

Arashi preformed feints and other tricks through the air overhead. It was indeed a strange bunch below. What was it that they were facing off about? She summoned a light wind to carry up any scents or words. What came, was most foul. Rotting animals?? That's what they are fighting over?

((Oops. I do that sometimes. I'll edit it.))

Athena

She heard the dragon comment and relax then almost immediately after that a gryphon came after him and a swiped at him. She glided down hoping to be able to buy time to see what they want. She tried to frost the gryphons feet but before she could see the results anither gryphon jumped and almost got her. She wasn't strong but she was fast and could dodge. She frosted a wing so they would both be grounded.

(I'm afraid I have no idea what to do. Chaos just kinda happened and I'm not entirely sure what to make my character do.)

[[Did we want to just take a step back or something? Try to make more sense of what's going on and what's going to happen? Or did you even want a conflict with NPC characters to occur?]]