HomeForFlowers

3x3 Flighted Love

(It's fine, we all get busy.)

"It shouldn't be much farther," Avalon said as he glanced over in Aeither's direction. "You could possibly spot a scout or something now, but I don't guarantee it. I don't think the whole group is this far out, but it's possible for one of them to be roaming out here somewhere." Seeing as they were closing in on the group's last recorded area, Avalon began to slow down. He ceased the flapping of his wings and went into a gentle glide. The crisp air felt nice underneath the wyvern's wings, but the wisp of cold tinged in the air made Avalon shudder. He was a beast of heat and didn't care for the cold. He just hoped the gryphons felt the same way as well.

(Should we try and get a third person to play a gryphon as well? Like a three way romance? We could possibly even get a fourth person to play a dragon or another gryphon to make things even more complicated if you'd like.)

(I think getting a third person would actually be a pretty good idea. Lel-love triangles to the max! So, I guess we'll have to open this temporarily. We'll have to try to see what having four people would be like.)

Aeither nodded. "To be honest, I'm both loving and dreading the thought of meeting them. Er... you will stay near... right?" The gryphon turned her worried gaze to her scaly companion. The very thought of Avalon abandoning her made Aeither feel alone and weak. I don't want to be alone, Aeither realized with a jolt. It didn't matter whether the two of them stayed with the group, or if they both left. She didn't want him to leave.

(If you have anyone in mind, go ahead and point them in our direction. biggrin.gif)

Avalon let out an amused snort at Aeither's question. How dull did she think he was? Had she already forgotten what he said?

"Didn't you hear me?" Avalon asked, swaying his large head towards Aeither. "Of course I'll be right next to you! How am I suppose to singe their feathers if they're crude to you if I'm not nearby?" Avalon began to feel worried. His voice was full of amusement but his mind whirled with uncertainty. Did Aeither really think he'd just abandon her? He gave her his word, he'd stick with her unless the group said they needed him back. Wasn't that enough to convince her?

Aeither smiled, looking towards the ground. "I heard you... But it feels good to hear you say it again. It's comforting. Thank you, Avvy," she said quietly. The gryphon became silent as she scanned everything below her. Aeither narrowed her eyes slightly as something caught her interest. "Hey, Avalon? I think I've got something!" The gryphon began her descent, trying to make out what it was she had seen from the sky. "I think... I think it's a half-consumed buck. Perhaps a younger gryphon killed it?"

(I've no clue. Do you have anyone in mind?)

Avalon came to a halt as soon as Aeither shouted. He turned his attention to the gryphon and followed her gaze. Sure enough, a half-eaten buck was sprawled upon the grass, matter in blood. The kill seemed much too clean to be of that of a dragon. Chunks were taken out of the buck in a more civil manner than that of a dragon's. Had one of Avalon's kind killed the prey, the corpse would picked clean to the bones or be torn savagely in half.

"I suppose so," Avalon said as he tilted his head to the side. "Looks like a clean kill to me. A dragon wouldn't be able to do that. Perhaps we're close to the group."

(No idea either. Do you know anyone you like who can handle another RP and is online frequently?)

((Since it's open I'd like to join if that's ok. Oh also I know it's another A name...

Forum Name: kingcobra2018

Name: Athena

Species: Dragon

Appearance: Athena is the size of a brown lab, in fact she's the width and length of a brown lab. She is very slender and has long legs. She has long wing reaching to the tip of her tail. She's a creamy white with mocha brown accents. Her wings are furry with a soft texture. Her eyes are a foggy gray.

Biography: She was found in an egg by a deer which attracted a hunting dragon. She was taken in by the dragon and raised as a hunter. She was almost afraid of everything which lead her to how she had to be trained. She now lives on her own quickly and quietly.

Crush/Mate None

Power: She can freeze things.

Other: She can only glide for a later to be revealed story. But she can only bring her wing into her body and into gliding position it wont go up and down.

Hopefully it's not too short.))

Athena was hiding behind a tree looking up at a massive dragon and gryphon spotting a half eaten animal laying on the ground. Maybe if I can follow them I won't be alone. I hate being alone. she stepped out and started to follow the two. Athena made sure to stay quiet and fast so it just looks like a flash of white if they look down. Maybe they're looking for the other gryphons. There's so many of them I could never approach them all. she kept looking up to see where they were.

Edited by kingcobra2018

Aeither bent down, reluctantly taking a bite of the corpse. "It's... slightly fresh. Definitely killed today-but I don't recommend tasting it. There's a foul undertaste. A very foul undertaste," she repeated, kicking dirt onto the corpse. Aeither turned back to Avalon, tilting her head slighty. "What do you propose we do? The buck was killed recently, but it doesn't seem to have been by a group. Maybe one or two gryphons."

"You're the leader here," Avalon purred as he ruffled his wings. "This is your journey after all, I'm merely following you." Avalon had no interest in the buck. In fact, he didn't really care about where they were going. He just knew he had to follow Aeither and everything would work from there. He cared not what she decided to do, as long as they were being productive and doing the right thing, he'd be happy.

Edited by Doctortear

Aeither chuckled, skin tingling. Me, the leader? That's quite a change. Before, I was insignificant to dragons. "I-uh... I don't want to boss you around the whole time. Please, Avvy." The gryhon's feathery face became tinted a slight red as she chuckled again. "If you want to make decisions for us, don't let me stop you. I wouldn't have left if it weren't for you, really. It's your journey as much as it is mine."

As the gryphon took a bite Athena stepped forward and broke a twig. She froze in terror. What do I do? Will they be mean? she thought. The scared dragon took a step back. Her white scales shimmered in the sun. That dragon looks big... and mean. She thought. Frost started to escape her mouth. No stop Athena! She yelled at herself inside her head.

((I forgot in my form that she's 16 in human years otherwise she would be a wee little hatchling sooo...))

((Yup! I'd suggest making a gryphon. Also,I'll get a post up soon.))

Edited by Doctortear

((Darn, I really wanted to be a dragon. I suppose I'll pose as a gryphon if I don't have any other choice. biggrin.gif

Form will be up soon then.))

Avalon let out a low chuckle. Aeither had always demanded to be seen as equal in the group. It was one of her main problems with the group. Now, that she was considering an equal, she couldn't even accept it. It was silly in Avalon's mind. He was giving her a chance and she was hesitant to take it.

"Well," he began. "The way I see it is-" Avalon stopped speaking. He could suddenly feel a cold draft slamming into his body. Spinning around, he saw frost began to creep out of the trees. He bared his teeth and let out a low growl. Someone was making that frost.

"Get out here you scoundrel!" he shouted, eyes blazing and flames flicking his teeth.

Athena

The white and brown dragon let out a terrified shriek and her first instinct was run. So she ran forward not using her brain at all. Athena immediately stopped when she saw the two right in front of her and started to back up. "Please don't Hurt me I mean no harm, please don't please don't." She pleaded. She regained the control over her frost and stopped it. "I know I'm frost and you're fire but we don't have to fight to the death." Athena said nervously. Maybe dad was wrong about opposite elements. She told herself. The poor dragon kept getting more and more nervous thinking of scenarios that end badly. I'll be roasted, clawed, torn, all ending in death! She panicked.

Edited by kingcobra2018

(In the group, she always wanted to be seen as an equal. Now it's just her and Avalon. tongue.gif Ooh, another gryphon companion!)

Aeither gasped in shock as Avalon suddenly yelled. She dug her talons into the dirt, spinning to face what could be a threat. I barely noticed a chill before! It didn't get passed my fur... The gryphon realized that there wasn't any threat at all. No, that isn't right. I was taught never to underestimate anything-especially a dragon. Even so, she just looks so scared! Aeither padded forwards, standing in front of her scaled companion. "We won't hurt you, so long as you do the same. My name is Aeither, and this is my friend. Who are you?"

Athena

"I'm Athena. Why would I hurt you? You haven't done anything but scare the heck out of me." She laughed. "What's your friend's name?" She asked. Athena sniffed both of them a safe distance away. "What brought you out here. I haven't seen another dragon in a long time." She said. Well Aeither seems nice. I don't know about the other one though. The dragon made a mental note.

((I know it's a short post but I have to reply to other RPs and my mom wants me to go to bed.))

(( Forum Name: Raven

Name: Arashi

Species: Gryphon

Apperance: Arashi is an almost all black gryphon with markings that resemble lightning bolts along her body. They are a shade of deep purple. Her wings are more of a dark silver. Instead of the head of an eagle, she looks more like a raven.

Biography: Arashi originates from a more Eastern region than most. Driven from her home in the mountains, she's been drifting from place to place trying to find a more permanent home.

Personality: Usually a gentle soul, this gryphon is a compromiser in problems.

However, she is also quite a fiesty one. It could be said, she had dual personalities like that of a Gemini. At any point, she can go from friendly, to egging on a fight.

Crush/Mate: None. But she's more or less looking for one.

Power: She can control the weather.

Other: Her name is Storm in Japanese. ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

[[i had pm'd Doctor about joining before I had noticed Raven's presence and Doctor said it was alright for me to apply for a spot so, here's my Gryphon:

Forum Name: Narvix

Name: Luka

Species: Gryphon

Apperance: Luka has a dark grey-colored base with white fur covering his throat, chest, stomach and the underside of his tail. Along his back, his has an off-green colored husky-fur pattern with dark ebony fur and feathers running from the crest of his skull down to a little past the base of his tail. Blue-green eyes are surrounded by a spot of white fur, highlighted with a dark tear-streak line that divides his white underside from the husky-pattern. Gray stripes decorate his tail, hind legs, wings, and feather crests. His legs mimic that of large cats, giving him an advantage in running speed and easier take offs but less dexterity for things where thumbs would be handy to have. Finally, his wings are topped with white feathers, transitioning to darker shades of gray. Size wise, he stands at the average hight of a horse (about 5 feet tall from the crest of his skull down to his clawed paws) and has a wingspan of roughly 11 feet.

Personality: Luka tends to be on the more quiet side. However, he isn't afraid to speak his mind; he just often doesn't see the need to do so. Since he travels frequently, he's highly knowledgeable about various locations and estimating their distances from other cities, forests, etc. Once in awhile, he'll display a bit of dark humor but otherwise will favor being more serious in most situations.

Biography: Luka doesn't believe he has a special history. His aviary was family, for good or bad, and consisted of all sorts of personalities. Once he was old enough to be called a decent flyer and he knew how to hunt, the gryphon set out on his own. Luka enjoys freedom and endeavors to see as much of the world as he can. While personal experience is a preference for learning about new places, he'll take to books, scrolls, or other forms of lore to discover the secrets and beauty in any place.

Crush/Mate N/A

Power: As Luka delves into books and written knowledge, he has dabbled into minor bits of magic and so can do a few things such as fist-sized fire balls or miniature dust tornadoes.

Other: Nothing

I plan to read through the pages.]]

Edited by Narvix

((Ah well, was going to join but seems to be full. Am I still able to join here? Cause the numbers are uneven now?))

((We're looking for one more male dragon. This won't be opened again until either two more people join after the six limit.))

Edited by Doctortear

((Go right ahead.

Narvix and Raven, you both missed the personality section in your sheets.

Also, Raven, I'd ask that you remove Japan from your biography. There is no Japan in this world.))

Avalon let out a snort of contempt. What was Aeither doing being nice to this stranger? Didn't see know better than to mess around with someone who was potentiality dangerous? Didn't see know better than that? When asked for his name, the dragon merely snorted, his eyes narrowing in suspicion.

"Avalon, but I see reason to inform you anymore than that," he spat, smoke climbing up from this nostrils. Did Aeither forget what they were suppose to be doing? They were looking for gryphons, not dragons!

[[Personality wasn't there when I copied the form... I'll get that added in.

Edit: All fixed now |D Somehow, my iPad skipped the line for personality when I copy/pasted the coding for the form .-.]]

Edited by Narvix