HomeForFlowers

3x3 Flighted Love

This a two on two romance between dragons and gryphons. In order to create drama, Echo and I decided to open up room for more people. If you'd like to join the fray, simply read the RP over, or ask for a summary, pick whether you want to be a gryphon or dragon and jump into the fray!

Character Sheet:

[b]Forum Name:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Gender:[/b] 
[b]Age:[/b] 
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] 
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b] 
[b]Crush/Mate[/b] 
[b]Power:[/b] 
[b]Other:[/b]

Accepted Characters:

Forum Name: Echothewolf

Name: Aeither

Species: Gryphon

Apperance: Aeither is a white furred griffon, with black streaks coursing through her fur and feathers. Her wings are snow white. The tufts on her head are black. Her eyes are an icy blue.

Personality: Aeither is kind, caring, and fun-loving. She likes to fly as fast as possible, and as long as she can. She wants to prove herself to everyone else.

Biography: Aeither was hatched in a lush forest, and lived off of the bugs and undergrowth. However, a fire claimed her family and home when she was a 'teenager.' She was discovered by a group of dragons, and they raised her as their own.

Crush/Mate Aeither couldn't help falling for a certain dragon after years of friendship.

Power: Not really sure what to put here. Flying?

Other: Aeither is slightly clumsy. She is terrified of thunderstorms and fires, and will turn into a nervous wreck during either of the two.

Forum Name: Doctortear

Name: Avalon

Species: Dragon

Apperance: Avalon is a wyvern with a slim build and muscles knotted throughout his body. His scales are beige with a sandy tint to them. Small ridged spikes stuck out if his back and are in clusters on his elbows. Long spines lay flat on his long whip like tail. These spines raise up when Avalon is threatened and can be shot at will. His large wings have a thin membrane with a sandpaper like texture. Small claws extend off of Avalon's wings. His grand head is narrow with a collection of sharp horns protruding off of it. Bronze eyes shine brightly against Avalon's scales.

Personality: Avalon is quite stern. He is rather strict and often doesn't have time to mess around. He is all about getting the job. Because of this he's a bit of a perfectionist. He will continually work on something until he deems it perfect. Since he gives his all when working, he expects others to do so as well. He absolutely loathes slackers and is not above going out if his way to scold others for simple mistakes. Avalon is dauntless when it comes to facing a threat. He is fiercely protective of his family and will defend them to the end. Avalon doesn't care for his own safety and would gladly give up his life for them.

Biography: Avalon's egg was found in an abandoned bandit camp. The family of dragons who discovered the camp found it completely deserted and in ruins.

In what seemed to be leader of the camp's tent, they found an egg tightly wrapped in a brown cloth. Deciding to spare the egg an untimely demise, they took the egg and raised the stubborn hatchling that hatched from it. Avalon was raised by the dragons as though he was one of their own. He became one of the most respected members of the group and is still one to this day.

Crush/Mate He does have feelings for someone, but he doesn't realize it. All feelings are buried into the back of his mind, only to be retrieved at the right time.

Power: Like any normal dragon, Avalon can fly and breath fire. However, unlike other dragons, Avalon has sharp spines that can be shot at will. He can easily blend into areas covered in sand. He also does exceptionally well in areas with a high temperature.

Other: Avalon is more of a fighter than a hunter. He is terribly at keeping quiet and often scares away any prey he is trying catch.

Forum Name: kingcobra2018

Name: Athena

Appearance: Athena is the size of a brown lab, in fact she's the width and length of a brown lab. She is very slender and has long legs. She has long wing reaching to the tip of her tail. She's a creamy white with mocha brown accents. Her wings are furry with a soft texture. Her eyes are a foggy gray.

Biography: She was found in an egg by a deer which attracted a hunting dragon. She was taken in by the dragon and raised as a hunter. She was almost afraid of everything which lead her to how she had to be trained. She now lives on her own quickly and quietly.

Crush/Mate None

Power: She can freeze things.

Other: She can only glide for a later to be revealed story. But she can only bring her wing into her body and into gliding position it wont go up and down.

Forum Name: Raven

Name: Arashi

Apperance: Arashi is an almost all black gryphon with markings that resemble lightning bolts along her body. They are a shade of deep purple. Her wings are more of a dark silver. Instead of the head of an eagle, she looks more like a raven.

Biography: Arashi originates from a more Eastern region than most. Driven from her home in the mountains, she's been drifting from place to place trying to find a more permanent home.

Personality: Usually a gentle soul, this gryphon is a compromiser in problems.

However, she is also quite a fiesty one. It could be said, she had dual personalities like that of a Gemini. At any point, she can go from friendly, to egging on a fight.

Crush/Mate: None. But she's more or less looking for one.

Power: She can control the weather.

Other: Her name is Storm in Japanese.

Forum Name: Narvix

Name: Luka

Apperance: Luka has a dark grey-colored base with white fur covering his throat, chest, stomach and the underside of his tail. Along his back, his has an off-green colored husky-fur pattern with dark ebony fur and feathers running from the crest of his skull down to a little past the base of his tail. Blue-green eyes are surrounded by a spot of white fur, highlighted with a dark tear-streak line that divides his white underside from the husky-pattern. Gray stripes decorate his tail, hind legs, wings, and feather crests. His legs mimic that of large cats, giving him an advantage in running speed and easier take offs but less dexterity for things where thumbs would be handy to have. Finally, his wings are topped with white feathers, transitioning to darker shades of gray. Size wise, he stands at the average hight of a horse (about 5 feet tall from the crest of his skull down to his clawed paws) and has a wingspan of roughly 11 feet.

Personality: Luka tends to be on the more quiet side. However, he isn't afraid to speak his mind; he just often doesn't see the need to do so. Since he travels frequently, he's highly knowledgeable about various locations and estimating their distances from other cities, forests, etc. Once in awhile, he'll display a bit of dark humor but otherwise will favor being more serious in most situations.

Biography: Luka doesn't believe he has a special history. His aviary was family, for good or bad, and consisted of all sorts of personalities. Once he was old enough to be called a decent flyer and he knew how to hunt, the gryphon set out on his own. Luka enjoys freedom and endeavors to see as much of the world as he can. While personal experience is a preference for learning about new places, he'll take to books, scrolls, or other forms of lore to discover the secrets and beauty in any place.

Crush/Mate N/A

Power: As Luka delves into books and written knowledge, he has dabbled into minor bits of magic and so can do a few things such as fist-sized fire balls or miniature dust tornadoes.

Other: Nothing

Forum Name: groundporkchops

Name:Bodaiju (Referred to as Dai)

Species: Dragon (of oriental descent if such a thing exists in this world.)

Appearance:Bodaiju (it's a gif, so allow it to load xd.png) Dai is an oriental dragon, with white scales and grey-blue underbelly. His eyes are a dark blue, like chips of lapis lazuli and his claws, spines and his moon pearl is the same colour. His body is serpentine, easily maneuverable and evasion-based. He is wingless as with all his species, but his abilities are tied to his 'moon pearl', a pearly blue-grey ball that follows him forever. He has four legs, each with 5 digits with long dark blue claws. On his chest are five dark blue and silver scales that can be used to store small items behind them.

Biography: As an orphaned egg, he woke alone and was alone for most of his life. His species is widespread and often very remote. He traversed the mountains of his homeland, finding himself then in an area of war and constant battle. He found a mate young but as they welcomed their first nest of young, a rogue dragon destroyed his home and killed his family. He sought revenge and is trying to find a place to settle now that his enemies are destroyed.

Personality: His main defining features are his sarcasm, intelligence and always willing to speak his mind. However, he is cold on the outside, bitter from his harsh life. His personality will change over time though.

Crush/Mate: None, but wants to fill the gaping void left by the death of his former mate.

Power: His powers are mainly linked to storms and wind, as he is a rain spirit dragon. Spring water heals minor wounds on his body and he can control wind blades from his claws.

Other: His name is Bodaiju, meaning linden tree. Linden trees are sacred, as well as growing perfect flowers in the spring, that time of the rains. Linden trees also have strong wood, hinting at a very strong personal will and determination.

Edited by Doctortear

Greetings, Doc! Is there anything specific you wanted to try?

Hello again, Echo!

I don't have anything specific in mind. I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone lately and see if I can handle different types of writing. I've been pretty lacking in romance, mythology, and more tactical RPs. However, if you have any ideas, do throw them out. I'm open for just about anything.

Edited by Doctortear

Something with romance sounds good. Perhaps something mythological... Dragons, griffons, etc.?

Dragons, griffons, and romance sounds fun. Should we choose between dragons and griffons or just do both?

Alright, I'll write up a sheet.

[b]Forum Name:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Apperance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Crush/Mate[/b]
[b]Power:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

If you want to do both, then I'll let you go first and whatever species you pick I'll pick the opposite of.

Edited by Doctortear

Forum Name: Echothewolf

Name: Aeither

Species: Griffon

Apperance: Aeither is a white furred griffon, with black streaks coursing through her fur and feathers. Her wings are snow white. The tufts on her head are black. Her eyes are an icy blue.

Personality: Aeither is kind, caring, and fun-loving. She likes to fly as fast as possible, and as long as she can. She wants to prove herself to everyone else.

Biography: Aeither was hatched in a lush forest, and lived off of the bugs and undergrowth. However, a fire claimed her family and home when she was a 'teenager.' She was discovered by a group of dragons, and they raised her as their own.

Crush/Mate Aeither couldn't help falling for a certain dragon after years of friendship.

Power: Not really sure what to put here. Flying?

Other: Aeither is slightly clumsy. She is terrified of thunderstorms and fires, and will turn into a nervous wreck during either of the two.

Forum Name: Doctortear

Name: Avalon

Apperance: Avalon is a wyvern with a slim build and muscles knotted throughout his body. His scales are beige with a sandy tint to them. Small ridged spikes stuck out if his back and are in clusters on his elbows. Long spines lay flat on his long whip like tail. These spines raise up when Avalon is threatened and can be shot at will. His large wings have a thin membrane with a sandpaper like texture. Small claws extend off of Avalon's wings. His grand head is narrow with a collection of sharp horns protruding off of it. Bronze eyes shine brightly against Avalon's scales.

Personality: Avalon is quite stern. He is rather strict and often doesn't have time to mess around. He is all about getting the job. Because of this he's a bit of a perfectionist. He will continually work on something until he deems it perfect. Since he gives his all when working, he expects others to do so as well. He absolutely loathes slackers and is not above going out if his way to scold others for simple mistakes. Avalon is dauntless when it comes to facing a threat. He is fiercely protective of his family and will defend them to the end. Avalon doesn't care for his own safety and would gladly give up his life for them.

Biography: Avalon's egg was found in an abandoned bandit camp. The family of dragons who discovered the camp found it completely deserted and in ruins.

In what seemed to be leader of the camp's tent, they found an egg tightly wrapped in a brown cloth. Deciding to spare the egg an untimely demise, they took the egg and raised the stubborn hatchling that hatched from it. Avalon was raised by the dragons as though he was one of their own. He became one of the most respected members of the group and is still one to this day.

Crush/Mate He does have feelings for someone, but he doesn't realize it. All feelings are buried into the back of his mind, only to be retrieved at the right time.

Power: Like any normal dragon, Avalon can fly and breath fire. However, unlike other dragons, Avalon has sharp spines that can be shot at will. He can easily blend into areas covered in sand. He also does exceptionally well in areas with a high temperature.

Other: Avalon is more of a fighter than a hunter. He is terribly at keeping quiet and often scares away any prey he is trying catch.

Sorry for taking so long ^^". Should I go ahead and add these sheets to the OP so we can get started?

I think so. I guess I could write a little guiding plot if we ever need something to do, but I'm pretty sure we're good for right now.

Aeither hummed softly to herself, a grin on her face. "Quite a view..." The griffon had flown to the top of a hill overlooking her favorite lake. She felt like she could lay there forever, just gazing at whatever was around her. But Aeither knew she had to be flying back home soon. She stretched her wings before standing up, resting at the edge of the hill. Suddenly, the griffon leaped, letting herself glide through the sky lazily.

After a few minutes, Aeither landed in the fields that she had called home for seventeen years. Sure, there were other families around, but Aeither's was unique. All of the other families consisted of dragonkin-and Aeither was a griffon. She knew that she was different. That she wasn't a dragon. But, in her heart, that's exactly what she was. She wouldn't trade her reptillian family for anything! Although, some nights, she looked at the stars, wondering about what had happened before her 'parents' found her. "Maybe I should ask them... I really want to know why I'm here..."

This was a terrible idea. Lazing around in a middle of a field didn't get work done! What were they going to eat if no one was hunting? Who would protect the group from intruders if no was on patrol? It was unbearable to watch everyone just relax and do nothing! Avalon let out an angry snort as he tore his gaze away from the family who had adopted him. He missed the days when they were nomadic. Everyone would work together to make sure they would survive the day. Plus, they got to see such wonderful sights! Why did they decide to settle down? It was the worst decision the group made in Avalon's opinion. With a low growl, Avalon began to tear at the grass with the small claws at the end of his wings. This was ridiculous! He needed to do something or he'd go mad. Avalon only side glanced at Aeither as she returned. He was too consumed by his own problems to think beyond his own thoughts.

Aeither cocked her head slightly before she playfully stalked towards Avalon. "Hey there, you grump!" The griffon wiggled her rump before jumping at the wyvern. She gently poked his nose with a claw after landing in front of him. "You look upset. Is there something I can do to help you?" the griffon asked her friend, quickly becoming serious. Aeither liked playing games, but when she saw anyone looking upset, she'd usually get serious. She subconsciously shook her fur, dirt falling from her body. The griffon sat down, curling her tail around herself.

Avalon was with the group of dragons much before the griffon was rescued. Since they were the only hatchlings for a while, Aeither was almost always hanging around the dragon. She knew that he wasn't originally in the group, just like her, so they had more in common.

Avalon stiffened as Aeither pounced out of nowhere and playfully batted at his nose. Good gods, why did she have to be so startling? It wasn't that he didn't enjoy Aeither's company, no it was quite the opposite. He just wished she's be a bit more subtle with her intrances. Her loudness was a small stain on her booming personality.

"Unless you can get everyone to be productive instead of lazy, I'm not sure you can help me," Avalon growled as he gave a quick glare to the scales beasts basking in the sun. "Honestly, it's like they want to make life harder than it already is!" A roll of smoke escaped from Avalon's nostrils as a scowl formed on his face. His tail flickered irritablely and his talons open and closed anxiously. Why did it seem like everyone was going against him lately? Did they not want to survive? He was trying to help and they were pushing him away. It was unbelievably annoying!

Edited by Doctortear

The griffon pretended she didn't notice the smoke coming from Avalon. "Aw, they're just enjoying the warmth. You shouldn't be so impatient. Then again, I know you just want to keep everyone happy, whether they have scales, or if they have fur and feathers. If you'd appreciate my company, I'll go hunting with you. It shouldn't be too hard to get a lot of food-you're a great hunter, Avvy." Aeither giggled, opening her wings. "We should get going soon if we want to stockpile. I doubt any of the others will notice our absence. I'd like to surprise them when we return." The griffon gently flicked Avalon's cheek with the tuft of fur on her tail. Aeither wanted to distract the wyvern from the others before he did something stupid.

"There's bound to be plenty of food roaming in the forest. I saw a few deer taking their fawn to see the new spring nature."

The offer to go hunting boosted Avalon's morale but, at the same time, it lowered his confidence. Avalon was infamous for his poor hunting. He knew Aeither was only trying to cheer him up, but just the mere thought of hunting made his stomach queasy. However, the urge to do something useful was much more powerful than the fear of hunting.

"Great idea, Aeither, Avalon said as he pushed himself in an attempt to stand up. Shaking off the torn pieces of grass that managed to cling to his hide. Turning his head towards the griffin, Avalon blinked his bronze eyes.

"Do you have anywhere specific you want to go to in the forest," Avalon inquired. "Or do you just want to see what we find?"

Aeither cocked her head again. After a moment of thought, she shook her head. "I was just thinking we could see what we find. I'll have to pick out a hunting spot later." The griffon picked a few strands of grass off of Avalon's side. "It should be fairly easy to find old prey making their way around. They won't be able to escape our flight. A bit too easy, but we have to fill our bellies somehow." Aeither lifted herself into the air with a few flaps of her wings. The griffon took pride in being an almost silrnt flier; the only really discernable sound was her breathing, and a very faint sound of the air being split by her wings. "Come on-I know a good vantage spot."

"If you say so," Avalon sighed as he ruffled his massive wings. Following Aeither's lead, Avalon flapped his enormous wings and took to the air. A dust ground formed underneath the wyvern's feet as he lifted higher into the air. Flying was one if the sweet rewards of life. Not all creatures could do so, but many dreamed of being able to do so. Almost all dragons could fly, but wyverns were one of the few dragons who were better at flying than others. Sure, there were other types of dragons that had an advantage over wyverns when it came to flying, but, compared to westerns, wyverns were master of the skies. While he was not as great of a flyer as Aeither, Avalon was a better flyer than the other dragons of his group.

"Lead the way," Avalon said as he glanced up at the pretty gryphon.

Aeither had always been jealous of Avalon's powerful wings. Sure, the pair was faster than all of the dragons in the herd, but that was because the gryphon was always pushing herself. She eyed the wyvern's wings before she began flying towards the hilltop she had been on a while ago. Her spot was beautiful, and it was a geeat place to search for prey. Aeither's thoughts went back to Avalon's wings. They were large. Already more powerful than the gryphon's. they would allow the wyvern to fly for longer periods of time, and using less energy. The only reason that Avalon isn't as fast as me is because his body is larger than mine. More mass to be lifted and pushed through the air.

Within minutes, Aeither landed on the hill, squeaking slightly as she barely avoided face-planting into the dirt. She stepped to the side, making room for Avalon. "Here it is," the gryphon pointed, staring into the trees.

Following Aeither wasn't much of a challenge. She didn't try to fly into a forest or make quick turns that Avalkn couldn't follow. However, when she beckoned Avalon to land, the wyvern let out a disdained grunt. Did Aeither have to pick such a small landing zone? The top of the hill was twice Avalon's size. That wasn't a lot of landing room. Avalon tried to position himself in a way in which he wouldn't fall head first into the ground. Unfortunately, that meant he had to slowly hover towards the ground. That wouldn't of been a problem if the flapping of his wings didn't cause great clouds of dust to form. By the time Avalon landed, he was practically blind. With a roar of anger, Avalon pushed through the cloud of dust.

"Damn dust clouds, Avalon hissed before turning to Aeither. "Shall we go hunting now?"

Aeither didn't realize how much difficulty Avalon would go through to land. Coughing, the gryphon lifted her wings, shielding her face from most of the dust. "S-sorry, Avalon," the gryphon managed. Carefully, Aeither flapped a wing in front of Avalon's eyes, trying to clear anything from them. "Yeah. Getting up here was worth it. Look over there-I can see an elk already. It won't be too hard getting to it." The gryphon lifted her head, closing her eyes in concentration. "We're downwind of our prey. Good..." Aeither readied herself at the edge o the cliff before suddenly stepping back. "Why don't you go after it? I'll be waiting close by, just in case. It's the least I can do to repay you for the dust incident."

It was hard to not accept Aeither's apology. After all, she was a rather innocent individual, unlike some if the dragons in the group. At the mentioning of the elk, Avalon turned his head in the direction Aeither pointed. Sure enough, a beautiful doe was strutting across a clearing. Avalon was impressed with Aeither's performance so far. She had already found a good piece of prey and they had just arrived. However, when Aeither suggested that Avalon should go and take down the prey, he frowned.

"Wouldn't this be an easier hunt if you went for it?" he asked anxiously. "Wouldn't my size and the sound of my wings give me away? Maybe you should do it..." In all honesty, Avalon was merely making excuses so he wouldn't make a fool if himself in front of Aeither. He wasn't sure how she didn't know he was a terrible hunter, but he wasn't planning to let her know anytime soon.

Aeither tilted her head. "Your size isn't likely to give you away. Prey's biggest defense is scent and sound. Us being downwind destroys half of their last hope. And half of your best is a failing grade, I always say. We can beat that last half by using speed. I believe you're capable of taking her out... but I digress. If you insist, I'll take it." Once again, Aeither tightened herself, preparing to leap. She lifted her rump into the air, ready to spring. "I hope you're not just trying to find an excuse to stare at my butt," she teased with a giggle.

The gryphon leaped, opening her wings for a burst of speed through an air pocket. The doe looked up, eyes filled with terror. No matter what it could try, Aeither's target was doomed. Aeither lifted a claw, sinking it into the doe's throat. The kill was quick-but messy. The doe was thrown against the ground, her life taken almost instantly. Aeither landed behind the corpse, lifting her bloody talons. "Ugh... That won't come out easily," the gryphon complained. "Regardless, we now have food."

When Aeither agreed to hunt the doe in Avalon's stead, he let out a mental sigh of relief. Thank the gods he didn't have to make a jest of himself by showing his poor hunting. The last thing Avalon wanted was for Aeither to tease him about being such a poor hunter or, gods forbid, take pity on him because of it. Aeither's half-flirt half-tease made all guilty thoughts of making Aeither hunt instead of himself cease. Avalon's face turned crimson and he hid his head under his wings. Teasing was probably one of Avalon's greatest weaknesses. That and flirting made him feel sweaty and quite warm. It made him want to go under a rock and hide from the world. Embarrassment was probably the emotion Avalon feared most. He could handle everything else. Feeling embarrass was something Avalon did not want to deal with.

After he heard Aeither make the fatal blow, Avalon shuffled his wings open and soared on down to her. Just the sight of the deceased doe, even with how bloody it was, made Avalon feel a twinge of jealousy. Aeither was such a better hunter than him. What kind of dragon couldn't hunt? It was completely pathetic! All Avalon ever manage to do when he hunted as burn his prey into an unrecognizable crisp and set the nearby area ablaze. What a hunter he was...

"Great catch, Aeither," Avalon praised as he landed a few yards away. "That will surely keep people's bellies full for a while. Of course, that is if they can stand up long enough to walk over and eat it."