Magic199

Candles

tongue.gif For the first time I read the title, I read "Candies". Anyway, yes, I love candles. They're lovely and warm. I prefer them when reading at night because of the effect of warmth and antiquity. It's also great for meditation. However, my mom doesn't want me to use them too much for fear of accidents.

I love candles.. they can be used for all sorts of things... birthdays, candlelit dinners, aromatherapy!!

Candles are beautiful. Growing up we always ate dinner by candlelight. Mom had a 5 candle silver Candelabra which sat in the middle of our dining room table. Candles in those days tended to melt and have the melted wax run down the outside of the taper. The tapers were just plain wax. The same type you get to make at sites such as Charlestowne Landing and other sites commemorating life in pre-electric and gas times. My sister used to burn white tapers that were more expensive and different from regular ones in that they melted and dripped various colors of wax down the outside of the bottles she stuck them in. I haven't seen drip candles in years.

I have quite a few candles, but my daughter has even more. My husband loved them and often burned scented candles especially in the evening. I think most of us who have seen a building, especially a home burn due to carelessness with fire of some type are a bit leery and careful about being sure the candles we burn are on ceramic tiles so the furniture beneath does not heat and catch fire. It's generally good to put some type of porcelain or china plate under a burning candle.

Anyone else remember the floating candle kits of the 70's? My mother in law loved the things.

I don't really like candles. Fire scares me, my parents are horrible with handling them, and the scented ones trigger allergic reactions from me. Wax is fun though. I always take molten wax to play with.

The reiki candles are my favorite types. I love to always have a nice stash of most colours for the Solstices/Equinoxes, but I light 'em all the time. There's something about the gentle flicker/glow of a candles that I find to be really soothing. biggrin.gif

We celebrate the mid-autumn festival in Singapore. I ususally get a bunch of candles and sparklers, and light them on the park pavements like most people do every year. we make giant puddles of wax. smile.gifsmile.gif

My sister has an array of candles of different shapes and figures. They are not scented though- such a pity. She has those candles that is the shape of a flower. She also has a little angel carved in wax and fashioned to be a candle. That angel is scented and is really fragrant.

She never burn them. I believe they serve just for display. xd.png

I went to a renaissance festival with my boyfriend recently and got some scented candles there. They're the best I've ever smelled! We got 5 of them: strawberry, mulberry, lemon-lime, mint, and mint chocolate chip. I kept the fruity ones and let my boyfriend keep the minty ones because he loooooves mint. I really liked them, too. The mint chocolate chip smelled just like the ice cream.

I love candles though. I like having a bunch of scented ones. Usually we only burn them during blackouts so we can see. The candles I got at the festival were the first I've ever had that smelled so strong that they fill a room with a pleasant scent, even when not lit or warmed much. I like walking into my room and smelling a nice fruitiness <3

I don't really like candles. Fire scares me, my parents are horrible with handling them, and the scented ones trigger allergic reactions from me. Wax is fun though. I always take molten wax to play with.

I love fire especially in a controlled environment...

lol, this is a weird topic. I like candles. We have a big-ish store of them for if/when the power goes out. But I kind of ... am frustrated with my mom because she just uses them to get rid of the cigarette smoke smell. But even then she stopped, possibly to save her lighter fluid for lighting cigarettes dry.gif

hello Candle people

so my mum has some collapsed spinal discs (very bad back pain) and she has trouble sleeping

so do any of you know of some Candles that supposedly help with sleep

Thanx

Oh Lord, I love candles! Especially the really good smelling ones. I spend a small fortune on them. lol At night, the lights go off and the candles come on. I even have some battery operated candles that come on with the flick of a switch among the real ones. I have a lot of those in my sun room. My older son's friend came over one night and saw the lights off and all the candles burning all over the house and said that the house was 'spooky'. xd.png

so my mum has some collapsed spinal discs (very bad back pain) and she has trouble sleeping

Go to Amazon and look up essential oil atomizers. I have several of them and man, do they ever help relax you. There are many types of atomizers and countless essential oils. The atomizers I bought have soft, color changing lights which are very cool and very soothing, and you can buy the essential oils that promote sleep, better breathing, relaxation, you name it. You add water and the oils to the atomizer and it comes out in a soft, cool steam that makes the whole room it's in smell delicious. I highly recommend these things for sleep and relaxation. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

I looked them up on ebay and Amazon but for some reason the sellers will not send them to Australia

I've bought her oils, incense and this sleep water (the water helps) so I figured I'd get her Candles to try now

I prefer incense myself, but I adore certain candles. Yankee has one called "Fireside" that's absolutely amazing (it smells like fire - like burning wood [probably a burning campfire to be honest, but I've never been camping], but very light on the wood smell). Sadly, they've "retired" it, or so one of their reps told me.

Funny topic, but I like candles. I remember my sister's 10th birthday when I bought prank candles that wouldn't be blown the first time, so she had to struggle for the entire ten minutes to make them stop burning - she hated me for the next three days. laugh.gif

But what both my sister and I are addicted to are aromatic candles - whenever we see a store where we can find them we go in and smell them like crazy. Trust me, we are so obsessed with them. Vanilla, rose, oranges, apples, cinnamon... name an aroma and we'll be all hyper about it! My sister is slightly more sensitive to cigarette smoke than me so she burns them whenever she feels any unpleasant smell. I'm too lazy to do that myself so I appreciate her doing that. smile.gif

I really like watching a candle burning in the evening. The room is dark all around me, the only light being that one little dot, the small flame dancing around, so calm and peaceful to watch. The queer shadows around it move with every breeze. So... mysterious.

((sorry, I just really like the mysterious feeling they give me and I felt this was the best way I could describe it.))

I adore candles. Their feel, their look, and especially their smell. I swear, sometimes I actually want to eat yummy smelling candles, but I of course never try to (they are inedible, also blechhh!)

I love candles, especially scented ones. It's such a nice way to relax after a long day. I love lighting them in my room in the evening so it's dark except for the soft warm glow of the flame.

Mum bought a pack of apple and cinnamon scented candles today, and my sister and I are sniffing like maniacs. What an intoxicating smell!

My mum loves candles, so I always buy her candles for her birthday C:

Tigerlily (the clothes store)

has really nice smelling candles

There's caramel and sea salt and it's so sweet it gets sickening xd.png

they have a lovely vanilla bean one too

(in short, they have the best candles)

I adore candles, especially the nice smelling ones.

Though, more often than not, I will buy the wax warmers instead and then stock up on the small wax bars.

I like candles as long as they aren't to sweet smelling or dont have some odd smell that I dont like. I think my favourite are the cinnamon ones and I also have one that is honeysuckle. Another favourite of mine is vanilla and warm vanilla sugar. I love the smell of vanilla. I don't think this comes in the candle brand but I also love peppermint lotion. Something i descovered over the Christmas holiday when I was shopping at bath and body.

There's this nice antique store with these nice candles, can't remember the shop though :/

I love candles in general

I like candles a lot and I have quite a few of them.

I haven't been able to burn any though because of my snakes.

Maybe in the spring when I can open my window again I'll be able to.