Rhistle

Neopets

Jumpstart's mainly known for making educational children's games. They've got experience with mobile stuff and mmo's too apparently.

but since snarkie said they were interested in neopets because of its older audience, im not too worried about it becoming more kiddie-fied. im fairly optimistic actually.

i used to play their games when i was a kid but it's been a while.

Edited by Switch

oooh, edamacation games, that'll make me more smatah....... (lol jokes, my grammar is pretty good)

I remember Neopets, occasionally, I'll go on, but I leave after a few minutes. I loved the habitarium features. Shame that they'll always die by the time I come back online...

I've been trying to pawn off a ghost Hissi to anyone who will love him for years now, any takers?

i used to play neopets all the time as a child. ah, it was so fun. maybe i'll start playing again.

I tried to start playing again, but it was soooooooo boooooriiiiing... I don't even get what I was supposed to do.

Neopets got sold off? Maybe things will change for the better. Who knows? I log on once every couple weeks to shove my pets into lodge and then leave. Because, you know, I spend most of my free time on DC now. orz

Neopets got sold off? Maybe things will change for the better. Who knows? I log on once every couple weeks to shove my pets into lodge and then leave. Because, you know, I spend most of my free time on DC now. orz

Oh yeah, the lodge. What does it even do?

havent used it for a while but it just feeds your pets automatically for a daily fee. the extra options that you pay more for dont actually have any benefits.

havent used it for a while but it just feeds your pets automatically for a daily fee. the extra options that you pay more for dont actually have any benefits.

But it makes you feel better to know that your pets are enjoying their lives at a fancy castle rather than rot away in a bug-infested motel. :'D

I'm almost there to getting that darn bat in Kass Basher. ewe

I've been playing for a while, stopped, then played again recently.

Edited by Pixel.G

I used to, but it's a bit...immature for me now I guess. Plus, since the original owners sold it, it's gone the way of Gaia - all about ads and profit. Ugh.

The only reason I log in every so often is because I worked so hard for the paintbrushes on my pets, I hate to let all of that hard work go.

I've had my accounts for years. My original one was iced for no reason, but my others are still open.

I used to. I have a Kougra on there that I've kept a hold of for...I think it's about eight years now. I transferred him from one account to another as I kept wanting to change my user name. His name in Shandin687641. I've always been able to remember it for some reason. xd.png

I keep going back and forth with that site. It gets boring after a while and I just need to take a break every now and then. My user name is Indrijid if anyone wants to check it out. My pets are probably all dying though ^.^'

I think that this account will be my last, as in I wont be transferring any of my pets again. I signed up for the membership while I was on there and got the fifth neopet. Finally got myself a Draik too, that took years! xd.png I was always too lazy to play any of the games. Just didn't like them. So I had to save up by doing daily freebies for months. Still got an egg in the end though. I don't know if I'll ever end up going back there.

Back in 2009 when I was a weird nine-year-old, I used to play Neopets. I don't recall playing it since that year, though...

ah, the nostalgia

I used to. Don't any more. I just log into my accounts once in a while to keep them active, because I spent so much time getting paint brushes and my huge petpet collection.

Sadly, Neopets has gone the way of Gaia, and sold their souls for ad revenue.

I logged back in recently, however, and received a free Meepit. Apparently the site was down for a time, and that was one of the prizes you could receive for returning.

UGH NEOPETS

I played for ages. I was super attached to all my pets and I was totally into css and coding. UNTIL...

My close friend irl had played for so long, so successfully, that he had many Unconverted pets. He barely ever played, so he slowly gifted me his UCs 1 by 1 over some time. 5~ months ago he gave me his UC Plushie Bruce. I was trying to trade the little cutie... posting him on the PC and whatnot.

Then one day, a girl messaged me, claiming she owned the bruce and traded him away, regretfully. She seemed nice at first but after I denied her trade offers she started harassing me... Every. Single. Day. She expressed how much she wanted the bruce and offered many pets for him, but I wasn't interested in any of them. I was patient, I told her, I'll wait for the perfect trade. She however, was impatient to the max.

Her annoying messages soon turned rude. I don't know how to explain it, but the way she talked hinted that I was doing something against the rules. I assumed she suspected I hacked someones account to get the bruce. So, I explained that my friend had gifted me the pet, but still she wouldn't leave me alone. Finally I just stopped replying to her altogether.

Only days after, I woke up to all my accounts FROZEN. Like... wth. So I guess since I wouldn't trade with her, she reported me and TNT declared I BOUGHT the pet from someone. I sent them emails and they informed me I'd only be unfrozen if I show proof of who I bought the pet from.

Obviously, I have nothing to show them, so whatever. I quit. It's a real shame. I miss my pets terribly.

UGH NEOPETS

I played for ages. I was super attached to all my pets and I was totally into css and coding. UNTIL...

My close friend irl had played for so long, so successfully, that he had many Unconverted pets. He barely ever played, so he slowly gifted me his UCs 1 by 1 over some time. 5~ months ago he gave me his UC Plushie Bruce. I was trying to trade the little cutie... posting him on the PC and whatnot.

Then one day, a girl messaged me, claiming she owned the bruce and traded him away, regretfully. She seemed nice at first but after I denied her trade offers she started harassing me... Every. Single. Day. She expressed how much she wanted the bruce and offered many pets for him, but I wasn't interested in any of them. I was patient, I told her, I'll wait for the perfect trade. She however, was impatient to the max.

Her annoying messages soon turned rude. I don't know how to explain it, but the way she talked hinted that I was doing something against the rules. I assumed she suspected I hacked someones account to get the bruce. So, I explained that my friend had gifted me the pet, but still she wouldn't leave me alone. Finally I just stopped replying to her altogether.

Only days after, I woke up to all my accounts FROZEN. Like... wth. So I guess since I wouldn't trade with her, she reported me and TNT declared I BOUGHT the pet from someone. I sent them emails and they informed me I'd only be unfrozen if I show proof of who I bought the pet from.

Obviously, I have nothing to show them, so whatever. I quit. It's a real shame. I miss my pets terribly.

G... G-Geez, that's awful...! You have my sympathy, friend. sad.gif

As for me, I played Neopets often when I was younger (about five years ago if I remember correctly) but I didn't participate in things like trades, nor was I interested in collecting. I mostly just went to all of the places around the site that didn't involve money and played the minigames like CRAZY. But my absolute favorite part of Neopets was the Advent Calendar..... Man, I miss logging in every hear to see the little animations and get special prizes. I'll never forget Neopets.~

i've played Neopets for about a year now and i've gotten pretty attached to my account, especially because i managed to snag rare items.

@gabrielle808 that's just terrible mad.gif i don't know why anyone would do that but i guess greedy and jealous people aren't uncommon on collectible games like neopets. i try to stay out of those trades but i sometimes make offers on ones that i'm able to achieve.