Rhistle

Neopets

Though I have lost access to my original account, I've been playing neopets since 2001. I'll probably always play it. tongue.gif So, anyone else play?

I used to play, but I don't like it anymore. The original creators sold it, and now it's just about earning money.

I played Neopets on Facebook for a while... Maybe I should revisit it...

So I seriously just found out my account was frozen. They didn't give me any notice. It just kept saying my password was bad, then when I searched my username, it said it didn't exist. So I searched my pet's name, and it said my account was frozen. mad.gif I lost so much stuff I had built up over the years! Ugh. /rant.

I think it was a lot better when the creators owned it, but i still enjoyed playing.@.@

So I seriously just found out my account was frozen. They didn't give me any notice. It just kept saying my password was bad, then when I searched my username, it said it didn't exist. So I searched my pet's name, and it said my account was frozen.

Are you sure your account was frozen and not just deleted/purged due to lack of activity? It's part of site policy now to prune accounts that haven't been logged into after a certain amount of time, so that could be the issue. You can always try sending a message to the appropriate staff explaining your situation, as they are sometimes willing to work with you to get your account back. That isn't always possible though, especially if it turns out you were phished and someone used your account to scam, but it's worth a shot.

Anyway, yeah, I've been on Neopets since 2002 and still play off and on. My main account is atori if anyone feels like neofriending me.

Protip: for anyone that's struggling to save up NP, learn to use the stock market. It's literally getting paid to be patient and do nothing. Buy 1,000 shares of stock - which costs 15,000 NP - every day or as often as you can, and ONLY buy stocks that are at 15. Sell them off when they reach a certain number; most people sell at 60, but some choose slightly lower or higher points to sell usually in the 45 - 75 range. The most important rule: never, EVER sell your stocks at a loss! You literally CANNOT LOSE NP (unless a stock goes under entirely, which hasn't happened since the site was in its infancy) as long as you NEVER sell stocks lower than 15. If this sounds confusing, try looking around the stocks neoboards for clarification. It is MUCH simpler to actually play the stock market than it is to explain it. I cannot stress the importance of this enough, as once you get a decently diversified portfolio you can make hundreds of thousands, even millions, of NP in a very small amount of time.

I'm sure because I'm fairly active there (I log in at least once a month). I did make a new account to send in a ticket, so now I'm trying to patiently wait for a response. I know it's just a game, but it seriously makes me mad since I've been working on all of my stuff for years. @.@ But I'll try to neofriend you on my new account, but I literally just made it so I'm not sure if there's a time restriction or not.smile.gif

I understand your frustration, I would be devastated if any of my accounts were frozen! It may be just a game, but it's a game that encourages users to put so much of their time, effort and even their personalities into their pets and belongings, so it's perfectly normal to be upset over losing that. I hope TNT reinstates your account.

edit: forgot to mention, I did add you as a neofriend.

Edited by Koroshiya-Ichi

My main account was created about 12ish years(That long? Wow) ago & I only logged onto it today. It's been a few years since I've logged onto it. My account was never "purged".

Edited by Sister_Psycho

My main account was created about 12ish years(That long? Wow) ago & I only logged onto it today. It's been a few years since I've logged onto it. My account was never "purged".

AFAIK they only go through accounts infrequently in specific groups/sequences in order to purge them, so it's possible they just never got around to your account, or that there's something on your account that got it exempted. I'm not sure what the benchmark for inactivity is in order to trigger account deletion, TNT was pretty vague about the whole thing when they first implemented the process and I haven't done any research into it since.

@zorua9 - I bought something from your shop, but your prices are really high! btw, did you read the stock market advice I posted, and if so does it make sense? I can link to a much better guide if you (or anyone else) want one.

My stock portfolio right now...

Totals: 202,000 3,030,000 3,106,000 +2.51%

Not one single stock I own is above 22 right now. Ah well, like I said, it's a game of patience. I'm trying to gain a few hundred thousand NP as soon as possible, to use on the last lab map pieces I need so I can start zapping on my one remaining side account without lab access. Always wanted to have an account where I adopt basic color pets from the pound, zap them a cool color, then release them back into the pound for people to grab.

I did try the stock advice. There were a few that were at 15 so I bought 100 shares of each although one of those stocks I already had. Hopefully I'll earn enough money for a Fire Paint Brush thing. My lab rat also has a petpet lab rat & it got zapped into a fire petpet so I want the SA for the fire pet/petpet combo. The lab ray doesn't want to give me a fire color.

Edited by Sister_Psycho

i don't know how to use the stock thingy, also if any wants they can add me as a friend on neopets :3

i was searching user shops and i found one that had good prices on pet and petpet PBs - Link

Edited by zorua9

i joined neopets years ago when i was a little kid and ive been playing it on and off since but i think ive recently officially quit this time (ive already "quit" like 3 times) it's just kindof gotten tedious for me

fond memories though uwu

That event doesn't sound familiar but I was a part of the Lost Desert Plot. Horrible memories there. At least I got the Qasalan theme for the site.

Oh Neopets! I haven't played Neopets in YEARS. I joined in 2006-7, and it was my regular site as a child. Suddenly Club Penguin. Became on and off, making other accounts when I lose access, then I quit.

I remember playing that Chi game where you dodge the ice cream, this spider game, and the RPG-looking board game that was new at the time. I also remember the event where you battle these evil Neopet characters in games. Oh, and I won't forget the cave where if you can go deep enough, the game pulls a jump-scare on you. I think it was in Tynannia or whatever. That place would scare me half to death. I can also mention the giant omelet, the faerie quests that I never finished, and the random times where characters would challenge you a duel.

Oh memories, where did you go?! You were all that I ever known! :'D

I did try the stock advice. There were a few that were at 15 so I bought 100 shares of each although one of those stocks I already had. Hopefully I'll earn enough money for a Fire Paint Brush thing. My lab rat also has a petpet lab rat & it got zapped into a fire petpet so I want the SA for the fire pet/petpet combo. The lab ray doesn't want to give me a fire color.

For future reference, for the longterm there's little use in buying anything less than 1,000 shares (15,000 NP's worth) of one stock at a time. It's the fastest way to build a large portfolio and maximize profits. What I do if there's more than one stock at 15 is to buy 1,000 shares of whichever stock I have the MOST shares of, and if nothing hits 15 I just don't buy that day. Some people do buy stocks at 16, 17, 18 NP per share, it really depends on preference, but for just starting out I don't recommend that. Hope I don't sound like a total stock snob - this is all just advice and not rules, as there's no "wrong" way to do it aside from selling at a loss.

I have had 3 lab accounts for years and have only ever gotten 1 zap (Garlic JubJub) that I badly wanted, so I feel your lab pain. My Silver Jetsam just turned into a Red Eyrie the other day... sigh.

@AlternatingMutt - Can you still access any of your accounts? You should start playing again, there's still plenty on the site worth dabbling in!

The ice cream game is my personal favorite game on the site, Ice Cream Machine. It's the only game I'm good enough at to earn a trophy, and I'm one of the best at it on the site, as I regulary earn World Challenge map pieces by playing it and sell the prizes I don't need/want from converting the maps. That's another thing to look into for those who are good at the site games - if you haven't tried doing World Challenges yet, you could potentially be missing out on a massive source of NP or easier ways to get expensive PB's! Paintbrushes are the main prizes, and there's always people willing to trade map pieces with you for the ones you're missing.

Apparently I have some pets that are worth a lot these days, but I don't really play anymore, haha.

so neopets got sold to jumpstart. ouo; i guess snarkie said that jumpstart was interested in neopets because it has an older audience so im hoping that means good things for the future

im still kinda surprised viacom sold it but shrug i dont know anything about business

what the hell is jumpstart?

and i might be on/off neopets cause of pc is a bit slow....