sparkle10184

Browsers

What browser do you use?  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just switched over to Chrome. It is a million, trillion, gadzillion, bazillion times better than Firefox. I didn't realize how bad Firefox sucked until I switched over to a different browser.  After a 5 hour session with the techs, trying to find out why everything was so slow and glitchy, they told me "Get rid of Firefox" and so I did.  And it really is better and faster. 

Chrome is dire, and recently attacked my partner's laptop (while it was snooping - it is poor on privacy - google - who own it - is notorious on tracking,  and he had many things blocked as a result.) . The BEST is Brave - but I don't use it all the time - Opera is my go-to.

From a review of Chrome:

Google Chrome is a great browser for everyday use as far as the browser's capabilities are concerned. However, Google's data collection practices make Chrome one of the worst browsers for privacy, and we recommend using a more privacy-conscious browser

Disadvantages of Chrome browser
  • Very high RAM consumption.
  • Compromises user privacy

In our testing we found Opera to be a fast and efficient web browser, generally using about 80% of the system resources that Chrome used with the same number of tabs open.

Opera is really one of the more under-rated browsers around. It comes with a built-in VPN—though we don't recommend using it. It also has built-in ad and tracker blocking, a snapshot tool, a unit converter for time zones and currency, and the mobile versions of Opera come with a built-in cryptocurrency wallet.

17 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

I just switched over to Chrome. It is a million, trillion, gadzillion, bazillion times better than Firefox. I didn't realize how bad Firefox sucked until I switched over to a different browser.  After a 5 hour session with the techs, trying to find out why everything was so slow and glitchy, they told me "Get rid of Firefox" and so I did.  And it really is better and faster. 

Make sure you change your privacy settings in Chrome,  Chrome has almost no privacy features turned on by default. It also is a huge memory hog, if you see your computer starting to chug check your Task Manager or performance specs to make sure Chrome isn't monopolizing your memory. It is a better browser than Firefox for some things, and it's my primary browser, but I've always kept Firefox on as a backup since I can't load some sites in Chrome. If you're on a Windows PC, Edge is a good backup browser, and I don't recommend Safari to anyone, even Apple users. Only Internet Explorer is worse.

I use Chrome but I accidentally voted for Safari. I do use Safari on my phone so I guess its not a complete waste of a vote, lol. 

Chrome on my laptop and work computer. Samsung internet on my phone.

On 4/25/2022 at 1:52 PM, purpledragonclaw said:

It also is a huge memory hog, if you see your computer starting to chug check your Task Manager or performance specs to make sure Chrome isn't monopolizing your memory.

Interesting. Will have to check into that as both my Chrome ones have seemed slow of late. Thanks.

I use my mobile device, and it runs on google chrome. If I had a computer I'd probably use google as well.

Internet Explorer normally hates me. I've used Firefox in the past, but it always has bugs.

I'm trying out Pale Moon after having used Firefox for a few years! it's pretty good so far. on my phone I use Chrome but I should really switch over to Firefox