Fortune86

Persona 1x1

"I wonder if we are dead" said Daisuke staring up at the ceiling. "Maybe something happened to us when the power went out and now we are both stuck in some deranged purgatory. Maybe that's why it's just us here, the others are still alive and freaking out over our dead bodies."

He thought for a moment and then spoke again.

"If that's true I'm going to find my way back and poltergeist the hell out of Terry."

Suddenly a pillow struck Daisuke in the face. “Don’t you dare say we are dead!” Marisa spoke looking rather upset. “If we were then why do we get injured? I mean if it wasn’t for Rai your hands would still be bleeding.”

Marisa was now sitting next to Daisuke holding her legs close to her chest. She didn’t want to think those types of things, it’s going to scare her even more. Thou the one thing she does agree with Daisuke is that she would have a go at Terry as well.

“Try not to think the worst scenario’s you’re freaking me more out than I already am.”

"Sorry" apologised Daisuke. "It just all seems too weird to be real. I mean, we're fighting off monsters using spirits conjured up by our psyche. Sounds like a bad video game."

He sighed and sat up. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out the two white pebbles he had picked up earlier. He couldn't explain why, but it felt like they were important.

Marisa was rocking back and forth in her spot thinking on what they could do but this place was just messing with them. What if this place could read their minds and was using their own minds to power this madness. She looked at Daisuke who was fiddling with two white stones.

“Where did you get those?” she asked looking curious.

"I found them" said Daisuke still staring down at the stones. "There were just lying there on the floor. I dunno why, but I picked them up. They feel warm to the touch."

He held out his hand so that Marisa could try for herself.

Marisa slightly snuck closer to look at the two white pebbles and took one. It was warm to the touch just as he said he would be.

“This is just odd but then again with all that we’ve been through it doesn’t seem that weird. I wonder where they could have come from.” With that she placed it back in Daisukes hand. Relaxing again she lay down on her side wondering about the pebbles.

“Hey do you often wonder what happened to the people that we helped earlier?”

Daisuke looked down at the pebbles in his hand and shrugged.

"A couple of times. I mean, I nearly got killed saving this guy and suddenly he vanished. Did this place whisk him away somewhere else? Is he in trouble again? Is he safe? Did he even exist, or was he something that was conjured up to mess with me?"

He sighed and put the pebbles back into his pocket.

"I dunno what to think. Everything is messed up."

“Well, all I know is that now might be a good time to rest.” Marisa spoke as she grabbed hold of two pillows. Curling up in a ball she tucked on pillow under her head and held the other one closely to her chest.

“If we’re going to continue to fight we’re going to need our persona’s and for that we need to rest. So let’s hope this place just gives us an hour or so to relax. I believe from there we can actually fight our way through this.”

Daisuke sighed again. Marisa had a point. They should rest up while they had the chance.

He looked around the room of cushions, just in case, and then sank back down the ground. He was pretty tired. Maybe he could take a ten minute nap or so. He closed his eyes and tried not to let his worries get to him. Within a few moments he was asleep.

Marisa laid curled up silently, listening to the breathing sounds that both she and Daisuke made. It slowly caused her to relax but she felt a bit worried that they were letting their guard down as they did. Eventually she sat upright looking at Daisuke who had been snoozing for a bit now.

“He needs the rest more than I do.” She whispered softly to herself. She knew he was more of the powerhouse between the two of them and that he needed more rest than she did. Marisa thus decided she will keep first watch while the red head slept.

Daisuke wasn;t sure for how long he had slept, maybe minutes maybe hours, but the large jolt beneath him woke him in an instant. Confused he looked over at Marisa but before he could say or do anything there was another huge jolt. It felt like the whole room had suddenly jumped.

Then he noticed that at the very centre of the room the cushions were vanishing, dropping down into some unseen whole, like the sand in an hour glass. With a horrible feeling building up in his stomach Daisuke quickly got to his feet.

"Oh no".

Marisa was slowly fading away as she sat and watched over Daisuke. It was only when the room jolted that she was up and ready for action but she didn’t know from where the danger came. When the room jolted a second time and the cushions slowly disappeared beneath them that were when ready for action turned to panic.

“Try to stay above. Don’t go down with them.” She called to Daisuke as she pushed the pillows away.

Marisa's suggestion was easier said than done. The sinking cushions were picking up speed and despite Daiske's best efforts he was soon trapped up to his knees. He failed desperately around him but there was nothing to get a grip on.

As he was pulled into the centre of the room he tumbled along with all the cushions into the widening hole. Everything went dark as his vision was obscured and he couldn't even tell what he had hit when he landed.

Pushing his way to the surface Daisuke looked around at the room he had fallen into. The walls were white and bare and there was a door at the far side of the room, but between it and Daisuke there was a dark pool of black liquid. Just looking at it make Daisuke feel uneasy.