Fortune86

Persona 1x1

Marisa frowned when Daisuke said he had his own little adventure. She was starting to think that this place was seriously out to get them. Rai stood next to Marisa looking at her oddly. She wasn’t quite sure what he wanted but for now she had to dismiss him, she needed her strength if he needs to help them again.

“I wonder if we can find clean clothes here. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to go sour here.” Marisa spoke as she dismissed Rai and followed Daisuke.

"Id expect anythign of this place" said Daisuke with a sigh. He couldn't help but smile a bit though as Marisa squelched along behind him.

He lead the way back up to the side path he had seen before. It looked like a ordinary corridor, although Daisuke had a feeling that something weird was going to happen sooner or later.

"How are you holding up?" he asked Marisa. "Feeling okay?"

Marisa was looking at the walls as they walked. Since she was walking behind Daisuke she kept an eye out in case something might jump up at them from behind.

“Huh, yeah I’m good. I’m just feeling a bit…” Marisa looked down the corridor past Daisuke. “Scared.”

"I am a bit too" admitted Daisuke. "I mean, this place could end up throwing anything at us."

He started to walk down the corridor and noticed that whenever he stepped on a tile it flashed into a different colour, so that he left a trail of red tiles in his wake. Glancing over his shoulder he saw that Marisa was leaving yellow tiles in her wake, except when she stood on a red tile, turning it orange.

"Okaaaay" said Daisuke turning his attention back to the corridor in front of him. "Slightly creepy."

Marisa followed Daisuke’s eyes towards the floor and colouring tiles. It was almost like those pianos with the lights except there were no music with each step. It was weird and she wondered what would have happened if there were more of them or what would have happened if she changed Daisuke’s tiles to orange.

“I think we better get a move on. I don’t like this tile light business at all.”

Daisuke nodded and started to pick up the pace. As he jogged down the corridor he noticed that he was leaving fewer red tiles in his wake as he was standing on fewer tiles. As Marisa was doing the same fewer tiles were being turned yellow or orange, leaving many white.

Eventually he came to a doorway which had a large number of coloured squares on it. Many of the ones in the top rows were orange while a lot of the bottom ones were white. Daisuke looked at the squares for a moment, a strange feeling building in his stomach, before reaching out to open the door.

It swung open at his touch and revealed a large bright white room with a single door at the far end. After Daiuke and Marisa stepped inside the door behind them slammed shut.

A gurgling noise caught Daisuke's attention and he looked up. The pattern of coloured squares was repeated on the ceiling above them, but the tiles here were breaking open.

Red, yellow or white globs fell down to the ground and began to twist into vaguely humaniod shapes. The red and yellow ones were tiny, barely knee high, but the white ones were gigantic, towering over the Daisuke and Marisa by several feet.

"Damn".

“Persona.” Marisa instantly called out. It was beginning to feel like a normal thing to do calling out the little blue dragon. Rai appeared before her ready to fight waiting patiently for his users orders. Marisa looked at the humanoids and took note of their colours. She was right in a way that those light tiles mean trouble, she just didn’t know that they were heading straight into the trouble.

“So…” she spoke looking a bit nervous. “I take the small ones you the big ones?”

"Oh cheers" said Daisuke completely deadpan. Take on an army of giants all by himself. Fun fun. Not.

Steeling himself for a fight Daisuke called forth Ira, who burst into existence before him. He started off by commanding his Persona to cast Agi on the nearest white monster, but the spell just bounced straight back at him and hit Daisuke instead.

For a second Daisuke thought he was in pain, but he soon realised he actually felt pretty good. Better than good actually. Glancing down he saw the old wounds on his hands fade a little. Fire healed him? Huh. Good to know.

Looking back up at the approaching monsters Daisuke clenched his fists. So he had nothing to worry about from fire, but it didn't look like these guys did either. He'd have to change tactics.

Once again he commanded Ira to attack, but this time he used Cleave. Ira darted forward and slashed out with his hand, his fingers fused together in a makeshift blade. It struck the white giant in the chest and the monster stumbled backwards. Great, now he was getting somewhere.

Marisa gave Rai the order and quickly the little persona ran towards a red humanoid monster. Covered in sparks of electricity Rai picked up speed and when he was fully charged he bashed into the red humanoid with his Zio attack. Instantly the little blue dragon was knocked back and so was Marisa.

“Ow.” She spoke as she grabbed her shoulder. The shock back was quite painful and she couldn’t understand why it happened. She looked at what happened at Daisuke and started to wonder if they had weaknesses as well.

“Try the same with the yellow ones.” Marisa spoke to Rai. The little blue dragon followed the orders and once again bashed into a humanoid but this time a yellow one. Instantly the shadow shook from the shock and then turned into ash. “Okay.” Marisa spoke confused by the attacks.

Ira continued to wail on the white monster, hammering away as had as he could. The constant attacks meant that Daisuke's hands were running with blood again, but since the monsters had blocked the path to the door it was the only way.

Eventually Ira managed to kill the first of the giants, but in the time it had taken him the others had approached. One brought down its heavy fist on Ira's head and another kicked him in the stomach area. Daisuke felt both blows and reeled backwards, seeing stars.

Rai once again bashed into a yellow shadow with another Zio attack and several more attacks. Marisa was starting to feel the pain on her shoulders from the continues bashing. The yellow humanoids were starting to thing out a bit but not by much. She wasn’t sure how long they will be able to do this but by the look of it Daisuke was even having more trouble than she is.

“Daisuke you’re getting yourself hurt to much!”

"I didn't kick myself in the stomach" complained Daisuke.

Ira was taking a hell of a beating from the white giants and Daisuke knew he couldn't survive the onslaught for much longer. He was aching all over and his ribs hurt when he breathed. Were they cracked? Or broken?

A small opening appeared in the wall of white monsters and Ira took the chance to dive through it. Remembering how the reflected attack had healed his hands earlier Daisuke decided to take a chance and hope for the best. On his command Ira turned around to face his User and used an Agi attack directly on him.

For a moment Daisuke was covered in flames and while the pain didn't completely fade it did diminish by a fair amount. The open wounds on his hands also closed up a little, but Daisuke felt more tired. So he could physically heal himself at the expense of his energy. Should have figured there'd be a catch.

Ira circled around the white giants and struck one from behind. It staggered forward and tripped over one of the smaller red monsters, which sent it crashing to the floor. The red monster squirmed as it was trapped under the white one, but Ira took no notice as it landed on the fallen giant's back and began to Cleave away.

Marisa’s heart was racing as she started to panic. There were just too much of them, how where they suppose to defeat these humanoids? She looked at Rai as he kept attacking the smaller yellow shadows. There were at least only a couple of them left but what if he destroyed them what then? How could she help Daisuke who has been taking a big beating?

“Rai how can I help him?” she whispered softly to herself. The little persona had heard his users cry for help and quickly darted of towards Daisuke. Marisa was confused on where he was going but she didn’t stop him. Maybe the little guy had a plan. Dodging the humanoid shadows left and right he finally reached Daiuske. Looking up at the boy Rai without warning opened his mouth and spewed dark blue flames onto Daisuke.

“Dia.” Marisa spoke out loud as if she knew what it meant. Watching the little blue dragon persona did the same action twice while his user slowly started to feel exhausted.

It was only a few moments before the second white giant died under Ira's onslaught, but at this point blood was streaming from Daisuke's hands. Daisuke was about to command Ira to use Agi to heal him but something else beat him to it. rai, Marisa's pudgy little Persona appeared in front of him and cast a spell of his own.

Much like with the fire from before Daisuke felt his wounds heal the pain lessen. Seemed Rai knew a few tricks of his own. Daisuke smiled down at the small dragon but then instantly grabbed him and leaped sideways to avoid an attack from a nearby red monster. Damn it. He had forgotten about them.

Seeing how Marisa manged to wipe out so many of the yellow ones using electric attacks Daisuke wondered if they were colour coded somehow. Only one way to find out.

Putting Rai down Daisuke commanded Ira to attack the nearby red monsters. The large red Persona released an Agi attack at the nearest one and it died instantly.

"Oh yeah!"

There were still three large white monsters left, as well as about twenty smaller red ones. Daisuke knew he couldn't handle them all at once, so he'd have to work with Marisa for a moment.

"Marisa!" he called over to her. "Try and keep the white ones occupied. Ira and I will mop up the red ones!"

“Okay.” Marisa spoke as she tried not shake much. The healing took quite a bit of energy but she was still capable to fight. “Rai do something to those white things.”

With that the little blue dragon left Daisuke’s side and went to taunt the shadows. Marisa gave a little look and notice the once where three white shadows were only to. That can’t be right she thought to herself. At that moment something grabbed hold of her shoulder and out of instinct her and formed a fist which was sent swing towards whatever was touching her.

Her punch came in contact with the arm/limb of the white shadow causing it to tare half way.

“Of course they are weak to physical contact.” She spoke to herself and before she knew it another punch headed towards the torn arm/limb. This time it broke off and the piece faded away in white smoke while the humanoid staggered back at the loss of his arm.

With Marisa keeping the larger white monsters busy Daisuke turned his attention to the little red ones. He directed Ira to cast Agi at the leading few and in three strikes he managed to kill three of them. The downside was every spell drained more of Daisuke's energy. Could he manage another seventeen attacks?

"I wish there was a way to attack them all at once" he hissed through his teeth.

Suddenly one of the larger white monsters veered towards him and swung its fist around to attack. Daisuke barely managed to leep to the side and the creature stomped past him. Not wanting to give it time to turn and attack again Daisuke ran up behind it and hit it as hard as he could in the back of the knee.

The white monster's leg just vanished, fading away in whitesh smoke. The monster fell to the ground and cried out, so Daisuke took the oppurtunity to kick it in the side with all the force he could muster. After the second blow the entire creature died and Daisuke felt some kind of power surge inside of him.

Turning back to Ira Daisuke suddenly knew what he could do.

"Maragi!"

Ira crossed his arms across his chest and then flung them apart. Several dozen balls of flame flew out away from him and hit the approaching red monsters. With half the floor bathed in flames the little red creatures perished and Daisuke fell to the floor, exhausted.

((Okay, there should only be two large shadows left. If you want Marisa to learn a new skill go ahead smile.gif))

((Nah I'll let her level up once she has an advantage tongue.gif))

“Daisuke!” Marisa called out as she saw him fell to the floor. She wanted to go and help but the current white humanoid had her in his grip with its only hand. Rai was already half way racing towards his user when he stopped in his tracks. An order was given which he didn’t like but Marisa was rather forceful with it. The little blue dragon persona raced towards Daisuke in order to protect him from the approaching humanoid. He knew now that only physical attacks would work thus with ever step the shadow took he raced towards it and head budded the shadows legs. This finally caused it to slow down and give Daisuke a recovering chance.

Marisa on the other hand was hitting and punching the current shadow that had her in its grip. She even bit it once or twice and with all the effort she finally broke free. All that was left of the humanoid was a pair of legs and its torso. She was quite surprised about the damage she had done but was even more surprised to see it still fighting. None the less she he bit of advantage which caused her to run around it and start kicking its legs. She was huffing and puffing at her current attack feeling tired and drained but she couldn’t stop. Finally both the legs of the shadow disappeared and with one more kick so did the torso.

With Rai giving him a moment's cover Daisuke got back up to his feet for one last hurrah. As Marisa kicked and punched one of the large white Shadows with everything she had Daisuke ran around the one Rai had knocked off balance and smacked it in the back of the knee. Between the force of this blow and the one it had received from Rai the Shadow buckled and began to fall.

Daisuke took the chance to start kicking the creature as had as he could. It 'died' seconds after the one Marisa was attacking did and with its defeat Daisuke looked around. No monsters were left.

"Yay" he mumbled sinking down to his own knees. "Let's not do that again."

Marisa collapsed in the spot she stood. Now laying down she breathed heavily after their fight with the humanoids. She felt exhausted and her body was slightly aching. Rai had been dismissed knowing that Marisa would need to save her energy but she knew the little persona wasn’t pleased. He wanted to stand by her and heal his user but he didn’t fight against it knowing that she did the right thing to begin with.

“I don’t know about you but I could do with a nap right now.” Marisa spoke out loud so that Daisuke could hear.

"I agree" said Daisuke weakly. "Let's just sit here for a bit and ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!"

The floor had opened up below Daisuke and dropped him into a dark hole. He fell for what felt like several minutes before light returned and he hit something soft and purple. Getting to his knees he looked around and saw that he was in another brightly lit room, but the floor was covered in thick purple cushions. Picking one up he saw more cushions underneath. He wondered how far they went down.

"I am so tired of this already" he muttered.

Marisa quickly rolled over and pushed herself up looking at where Daisuke once were. She quickly hurried towards the hole he fell into and peered inside. She couldn’t help but smile at that moment.

“Guess this place thinks we need a rest as well.” she spoke looking down at him. “Can you see a way out o…” Halfway through her sentence she felt something pushing her causing to lose her balance and before she knew it she was falling.

“Watch it!” She shouted out but it was too late. She had landed on Daisuke and not in a very graceful

When Marisa sounded amused at his fall Daisuke felt like tearing the cushion he was holding in two. Seconds later he heard a cry above him and looking up he got a face full of Marisa, knocking him back into the cushions.

With a groan he pushed her off him and got to his feet.

"That is it!" he shouted in frustration, exhaustion forgotten for the moment. "I have had enough with this place already! Just what the hell is going on?! Where did all these monsters come from? What happened to the building?! Where did everyone go!?"

In his anger he started kicking at the cushions, sending them flying across the room.

Marisa slightly curled into a little ball when Daisuke pushed her of him. She had got his knee in her hip which caused a bit of pain. Laying there for a bit and enjoying the softness she suddenly heard Daisuke shout. Turning to look at him she watched as he let it all out and kick pillows around. Out of her own panic she quickly grabbed his legs pulling him down. He fell with a small thud on the pillows and for some reason she knew he might bite her head of next.

“Shut up moron. Kicking and shouting might cause more trouble. Do you want something to attack us again?” She spoke trying not to raise her voice. “I’m just as fed up as you but if you go on like this then something might happen again. We should use this time to rest a bit or plan something.”

Daisuke didn't appreciate being dragged down back to the pillows and pulled away from Marisa.

"Plan what? We don't even know if there is a way out of this place. The whole thing can just change around us whenever it likes. Even if there is an exit, we don't know where it is. Somebody is screwing around with us and I don't like it one bit."

He lay back in the pillows, ams crossed and fuming. Somebody was going to die for this.

“I don’t like it either. Heck that was the first time I actually punched something.” Marisa spoke half crawling to Daisuke’s side. “I don’t know what’s going on and I don’t know how to get out but all I know is I’m not going to give up because there is people that still need me back home.” Marisa thought of her parents as she spoke. She couldn’t help but wonder if they were all okay while they were fighting to survive.

“I know you’re ticked off but just chill a bit okay before you pop a vain or something cause if you died then I’m just as good as dead myself.” Marisa tried her best to stay calm for the both of them but inside she was just a frustrated as he was.