Shibadruid

Survival of the Youngest

((I have to admit, I am giggling quite a bit too.

I like romance way too much for someone my age...))

"Then let us be off." Tenebris replied as he began to move towards the cave.

He had to admit it to himself, walking with Sparkly like this was rather pleasant. There wasn't any clear reason why though, it just seemed nice. The pleasant feeling was not very prominent in the young dragon's mind though, as he was still worried for Sparkly. One small flower was not enough for an entire day. She still seemed a bit weak to him, despite what she said. Maybe once they got back to the cave, he'd take a look around for more flowers she could eat.

<OOC: Ah, there's no problem with romantic fantasies. I mean, decent, fluffy, romantic fantasies. happy.gif This brings me memories...>

user posted image

Sparkly Scaler walked forward, keeping with Tenebris' pace. Despite the fact that she was still fairly hungry, she felt...what was the word? Happy? Contented? A little bit of both, she supposed. She felt tired too. Perhaps she should go to sleep when they reached the cave. It seemed like the right time and there wasn't much she could do while it was dark out like this.

Thankfully, the journey back went without a hitch. The cave was not far away as she had not walked that great of a distance from it in the first place. As they reached the mouth of the cave, Sparkly saw three other hatchlings there. She certainly hoped that none of them would notice the duo. It had been a long first day of her life.

Of course, her hopes were dashed when one of the hatchlings came up to them.

~~~

user posted image

Dream Dell skipped around Rim in one circle before coming to a stop. She stared out of the cave, noticing the significant change in the sky and the outside world. It was now a coat of different shades of black, making it hard for her to see anything. Darkness had fallen over them and Dream Dell felt a twinge of fear. However, she also noticed two figures approaching the cave and soon realised that they were hatchlings that she had yet to introduce herself to. She bounded over to them, beaming.

"Hi-" she stopped abruptly. One of the hatchlings looked tired. Why was she tired?

"You loo' tied," she blurted out quickly. "But that wasn't what I wanted to say! Why are they so close to each other, anyway?"

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((I know, some are just soooo good! Like the little bit of romance between Eragon and Aria in the inheritance cycle (the books, not the absolute nightmare of a movie fail). No! The romance in Sword Art Online! That series really plays with your emotions.))

Tenebris was hoping for some peace and quite when they got back, maybe so they could rest, but a strange blue dragon stopped them before they could get in the cave.

After the blue hatchling finished talking, Tenebris looked over at Sparkly and noticed that she did look rather tired. Now that he thought about it, he was getting a little tired too. But he couldn't rest now. He had to find food for Sparkly so she could regain her strength. But he'd wait till after she was asleep to do that. Tenebris didn't want her to follow him while he looked for her flowers. It would kind of defeat the purpose of getting her something to help her energy.

"It has been a long day." Tenebris replied, answering for Sparkly. "We just need to find somewhere to rest and we'll be fine after that."

((Remember how they met dream Dell last time xd.png ))

<OOC: Hmm...actually, no, I don't. Was it when Dream Dell was squabbling with Onix's Pillow dragon Mifoki?>

user posted image

Sparkly Scaler attempted to think of an answer to the light blue hatchling but Tenebris spoke up before she could. She was grateful for that. She didn't really feel like talking right now. Sparkly was also aware that she was slightly leaning on Tenebris and she hoped he didn't mind.

~~~

user posted image

"Oh...oh! I'm s'rry! Was I distubing you? Sorry!" Dream Dell applogised as she realised that she was probably not doing anything good by chattering to them and disturbing them. She was a hyper one, yes, but she knew when to leave dragons - or hatchlings, in this case - alone. She scuttled backwards, accidentally bumping into Rim as she did so. It was then she remembered what she had been talking about earlier. She shifted to face the purple-finned hatchling fully.

"Food!" she beamed, cocking her head with a playful look.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((She was following them, trying to be stealthy, but Tenebris knew she was so he pounced on her because he thought she could be trying to stalk them for malicious purposes.))

Tenebris was about to answer the blue dragon, but she quickly scuttled away before he could utter a word. Not that he didn't mind though.

"Come on." Tenebris said to Sparkly, leading her into the cave. "Lets find a nice spot for us to rest."

As they walked, Tenebris realized that Sparkly was leaning on him now instead of just walking alongside him. She must be really tired.

"This spot seems nice." He said as he adjusted himself to hold Sparkly up better.

When they got to the spot he had indicated, Tenebris slowly and gentle laid down to ease Sparkly into a comfortable position in which she could still lean against him for comfort and warmth if she wished.

Madness was utterly confused now, first a pink cloud floated over, then a hatchling jumped out of it, then she said something, but what it was Madness couldn't work out, and just as he was about to reply another voice came form behind him, Rim! He turned around to greet him, but again he didn't understand a word, he spun around again just as the blue dragon said something and bounced off, and that was about the time that he toppled over onto the rocky floor.

With a surprisingly low groan, (for a new born hatchling.) he slowly regained his composure, attempting to get back up onto two feet. He looked around to see the new hatchling gone... and then come back again! Was she magic? but at least his head wasn't so blurry anymore, too many words all at once! He shook his head back and forth to clear it up a little and looked at his friend again, "This fwood," He tried to explain, much slower then the two other dragons, "Yes, for hungwees."

He hoped Rim wouldn't react like the purple hatchling did, it would make him sad to know that his friend couldn't eat something as good as meat, and then what would he do? What did the purple hatchling do?

Edited by Spark-Dragon

<OOC: Ah, yes, now I remember! At least they get to meet in better circumstances now! :3>

user posted image

Sparkly Scaler knelt down along with Tenebris down to the stone floor. There was hardly any room between them for all the eggs cluttered around but she managed. With a sigh, she settled comfortably...well, not quite comfortably as the floor was cruelly hard and cold but it was something she could lie down on. She didn't want to stop leaning against Tenebris but she knew she couldn't remain in that position forever. So she righted herself, leaving the warmth that was Tenebris.

"Th-thank you," she said softly. Her eyelids kept drooping. Did that mean that she had to sleep?

"For everything..." she added, right before the darkness of sleep claimed her.

~~~

user posted image

Dream Dell hopped from one paw to another as she turned to face the other hatchling.

"Fewd!" she squealed, mispronouncing the word "food" just for the heck of it. She quickly lowered her face and bit some of the fox's fur, pulling out a mouthful of the furry stuff. Dream Dell didn't know that not all of the fox was food and so, the inevitable happened.

She started to choke. She grappled at her throat and coughed harshly, trying to get the fur stuck in her throat out. Her expression went from cheerful to terror to panic in a matter of seconds and her eyes rolled around frantically. "I can't...can't breathe..."

<OOC: Well, no one did tell Dream Dell that she couldn't eat the fur.>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Madness' chest suddenly clenched as he panicked, "no no!" He forgot to tell her! "Fwur no food!" It was too late! What was he supposed to do now!? He got too distracted with so many hatchlings!

The black hatchling managed to cough the fur up when he ate it, "s-spit it up." he tried to tell her, but talking didn't help much... what should he do now!?

He looked at Rim for aid, hoping he would know what to do...

"You are most welcome." Tenebris replied, somewhat disappointed that she was no longer leaning on him.

After waiting for some time, Tenebris glanced over to check on her, and saw that she was now asleep.

"Rest well Sparkly." He said, getting up off the ground.

Now that she.was asleep, he could go hunting for her flowers. He had already eaten his fill of the fox, so hunger was not a problem for him at the moment, but he was a little tired. He'd have to hurry up and find some before this tiredness overtook him.

And so, the young black hatchling bounded out from the cave on a mission to find flowers for his friend.

((Quick! Activate her cloud powers!))

user posted image

The Purple Dorsal got a little dizzy with the blue hatchling--Dream Dell--jumping around in the floating thing all excited. Two other hatchlings appeared and Dream Dell ran off to them and then was back with Madness and him. Rim figured out that the thing that Madness had next to him, the red furry thing that had a shape similar to the hatchlings around him, was the 'food' that would drive away his hunger and make his belly behave.

Dream Dell had beaten him to the 'food', however, and it gave disastrous results.

His eyes widened as the blue hatchling grabbed at her throat and his fin flared up as he tried to figure out what was happening. Madness said something, something with 'spit' in it, and Rim rushed to Dream Dell's side, looking over her frantically.

Glancing at the Hellfire Wyvern for a moment, the Dorsal hatchling panicked.

"What do? What do? Spitss? Spits owut fuwr? How? How help?"

I don't know what do! What I do?! How I help?!

Rim clearly had no answers to his plea, both of them had no idea what to do with the choking hatchling, Madness felt guilt and panic mix inside him, he had to do something, this was his fault after all!

C-Calm down! Yes! He had to calm down first and think, but not too slow! Think fast think fast... could the pull the fur out? Or maybe push it down! But how?!

He looked around frantically, the only thing they had was the meat! Would eating it make her stop coughing?

user posted image

Dream Dell was in a panic. She couldn't think straight. She only knew that she was going to suffocate and probably die! However, the Hellfire Wyvern's voice cut through her mind.

"S-spit it up." Dream Dell didn't know what he meant but she knew that it had something to do with the fur stuck in her throat. She rolled upright, hacking and attempting to force the fur out as hard as she could. Finally, finally, a gob of fur shot out of her mouth and splattered onto the floor, followed by a few more strands of fur. She panted, taking in mouthfuls of fresh air, shocked, yet relieved. "That...that was too close..." Looking up, she gave a tired, lopsided grin at both hatchlings.

<OOC: @Narath You mean the one where she can give dragons dreams? I had to remove that one because Shibadruid said that it was too overpowered. Thinking back now, I wish I removed her confusion breath instead. I mean, her name is Dream Dell, after all. happy.gif Hmm...maybe I should ask Shiba if I can switch that now...>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Nein snapped out of his state or primeval hunger once Rale spoke to him. The instinct to kill escaped him and his eyes held his cowardliness once more. His sparks became more frequent and bounced around aimlessly. Nein dropped the rat out of his mouth and backed away from Rale, fear entering him once more.

"I g-guess it is," Nein said shyly as he backed away. His rump collided with a nearby bush and he let out a yelp. More sparks jumped off his body and leaped away from the bush. Nein's body began to shiver and he crouched down the ground. How could he of been so confident before? The world was terrifying! Nein was sure that bush just tried to grab him and what about Rale? Was he here to take Nein's catch? Well he could have it! Nein wanted nothing to do with Rale Rock. He would probably just end up hurting him anyhow.

((No, I didn't mean that laugh.gif I mean that its always been able to help solve some problems, so maybe it could have shoved it out somehow.))

Who would have thought that finding something that would not run away or fight back would be so hard to do? Turns out, it was, at least around here. Tenebris could not find a single petal anywhere. He even tried climbing a tree to get a better view of the area, but got no luck there. Only a broken branch and a kink in his tail where it landed. This was going to be a difficult night.

((I'm so sorry I haven't posted - haven't really been able to write anything lately, combo of writer's block and being pretty busy. This is a bit crummy, but better than nothing.))

user posted image

Hearing Dream Dell yell something about food, Thea trotted eagerly after her friend as she ran back to the cave. Her mouth watered as she got closer and her stomach rumbled.

As she actually reached the cave, though, the first thing she noticed was the Daydream hatchling gulping in air, a large lump of wet fur lying on the ground nearby. Thea weaved through the other hatchlings standing around to get to Dream Dell, giving out little anxious chirrups as she did.

Y-you all righ’?” she asked.

<OOC: I think if the cloud did shove itself down Dream Dell's throat, she probably wouldn't be breathing by now. xd.png Yay, Cendaquenta, you're back! :3>

user posted image

Rale Rock watched the Electric with concern as the hatchling seem to become nervous all over again. Wasn't he just being brave and confident (sort of) a moment ago? What had happened to cause him in the sudden personality switch?

"H-hey, r-rele-relax. It is just a bush," Rale tried to pacify him.

"Are you su-sure that you still want to conti-contun-continue hunting?" asked Rale worriedly. At the state the hatchling was in, he would probably scare all the prey off. Rale thought it would be a good idea if the hatchling took a break to calm himself down before continuing to hunt - if he wanted to, that is.

~~~

user posted image

Dream Dell turned to see Thea looking down anxiously at her and got to her paws slowly. Shaking her head once to clear it, she smiled reassuringly at Thea.

"Y-yeah...I..am al-alright," she said, slowly. Then, her smile widened and she beamed once more, jumping up and down.

"L-look, he foun' foo'!" Dream Dell chirped happily, pointing first at the Hellfire Wyvern hatchling, before pointing at the fox. She was tempted to giggle at her pronunciation mistakes but she had something important to tell Thea.

"J-just do not eat the fur-fury? Furry! Stuff. ....Fur? Fur! Don't eat the fffur!" she said sternly, brushing her paw lightly against the carcass' fur to show what exactly she meant. Although she was giving or at least, trying to give, Thea a dead-serious stare, her mouth kept twitching upwards which made her look rather comical instead.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Madness felt a huge cooling feeling come over him as the little hatchling begun bouncing up and down and talking endlessly again, it meant she was alive! And that meant he didn't kill her!

He still felt a bit guilty though, she almost suffocated! He would have to apologize to her later, for now he probably wouldn't get a word in... he just watched her bounce up and down, chirping away... her attempt at being serious made him smile a little, she was so cute!

(Sorry for the short post I need to rush! D:)

user posted image

The Dorsal hatchling felt immense relief as Dream Dell expelled the blob out of her throat and hesitantly watched the interaction between her and a new hatchling, one that was mostly brown. He flicked his dorsal fin up and down nervously, his heart still pounding from the panic that he had experienced.

No want that again. No more fur, make sure no fur in mouth. Warn others, no fur.

Rim smiled as the DayDream hatchling explained the 'no fur' warning to the new hatchling and nodded his head. Flicking his tail against the ground, the Dorsal hatchling looked over to Madness and then glanced at the bundle of red fur that lay on the ground. It was rather large and, from what Rim was identifying, it seemed to have a body shape similar to himself and his friends.

Four...legs? Tail aanndd.....face. Mouth, eyes....eyes?

Now thoroughly interested, Rim wandered over so that he was now leaning over its head, looking at its glassy eyes. Tilting his head, the hatchling narrowed his eyes and, after a second of hesitation, used his clawed hand to slowly open its jaws. Looking over its teeth and floppy tongue, Rim called out to the other hatchlings behind him.

"Whaatss thess? Ess food, aand maike hungwy gwo away, buut what ies it? Fuwr bad buut reid, maiybe liek oothersss?"

He watched as Rim walked around the creature "...liek ofherrs?" Madness mumbled after hearing his question.

Was that a bigger hatchling he had been eating? It didn't seem wrong, it didn't make him feel guilty...

"Iff liek ot-th... otherrs, it bad?" He asked, "Tis fox, iss fox liek oth-eers?" What if he was supposed to feel guilty? Did that make him bad?

He walked over now just as curious as Rim, thinking about his question as he watched all the features of the creature that were so much like theirs.

Yet at the same time it looked too different, it had big ears, lots of this fur stuff... none of which the others had.

Was this a hatchling or not?

<OOC: Oooh, the night's gonna be hard for Tenebris~ Speaking of which, maybe he could bump into Rale and Nein...though, that might ruin Rale's plan to earn Nein's trust. xP>

user posted image

Dream Dell heard the other two hatchlings talking and whirled around, her face developing a curious expression.

"Thisss is food...or not?" she asked, confused, joining into the conversation.

"It's food, right right right? she added on quickly, with a hopeful look. She was hungry, though she did not feel badly starved as she had only hatched recently. Still. She wanted to eat food. Good food that tasted like perfection and smelled delicious.

<OOC: Stupid post but it had to be done. happy.gif >

user posted image

Nein diverted his gaze from Rale Rock. He could barely stand to look at the bigger hatchling. Why did he have to loom over Nein? It made the Electric feel all the more smaller. Nein began to nervously paw at the ground, his claws ripping up dirt and grass as he stretched his talons across the ground.

"I-I..." Nein said before trailing off. He spoke little of what was on his mind. He did not know how to express himself to Rale. So he simply laid there, his eyes staring off into space, more sparks coming off of him, and the dead rat oozing blood in front of him.

(You could do that if you want. Rale Rock won't be able to gain Nein's trust just yet anyhow.)

user posted image

Rim glanced at Madness and Dream Dell, letting his dorsal fin relax slightly. He let go of the things--foxes--jaws, its snout making a low bumping noise when it hit the ground. Tilting his head, the Purple Dorsal tried to guess an answer to the other hatchlings.

"Ies seemsss liek food. Et bwought here bye others, right? So, et has be food aand not others."

After a second of thinking and connecting pieces together, Rim nodded. He came to the decision that it was food and was not like them. It had red fur, which was bad to eat, and looked...just different from him and his friends. It did not look like Madeline, or Noelle, or Madness, or any other hatchling he has seen and met so far. That brings about the conclusion that it was not like them and was 'food'.

"Yep, et foods. Not us or others, so foods."

What Rim said pretty much summarized Madness' thoughts, and convinced him that what he ate was luckily not another hatchling.

He smiled slightly, happy with the answer and decided he would not drag this out, if Rim said it was food then surely it was!

"So... others can hav fvood too, if wants et," He stated, then looked at Rim, realizing he didn't see him eat yet, did he have some too? He couldn't remember... was he like the horse hatchling maybe? "Rim, want fvood too?" He asked, then added quickly as a reminder, "Fwuur bad, not fvood." He turned his head to Dream Dell, as if to check if she was still alive, along with the new brown hatchling behind her "The red... peeink part ees fvood."

After that he felt like his job was done, but he also felt as if he was getting heavier, and his legs hurt, the darkness was doing something to him...

user posted image

Rim looked over at Madness, nodding his head. The Purple Dorsal hatchling now was fully confident that it was something that they could eat. Before he could do anything or say something else though, Rim felt his belly do something. It growled and Rim felt confused for a moment, before the scent that was coming off the red furry creature started to become tantalizing.

Circling around it, the Dorsal hatchling used one of his clawed hands to scrap at the red fur that covered the fox. It came out in large chunks and stuck to his claws, so Rim had to use his other hand to get some of it off, but part of the creatures side was now clear of most of the fur. Rim stared at the bare skin for a moment before deciding that he wanted to try it and dropped his head down.

His sharp fangs ripped into the foxes side, breaking the skin with easy. The flow of flavor and taste was sudden and Rim attacked it a little more viciously. It smelled good and tasted good, as well as feel good when he swallowed chunks down, so the Dorsal was perfectly fine eating it.

It didn't take long for his stomach to fill, as he was still a small hatchling, and Rim snapped a piece of meat away before backing up. Chewing on it for a second, the Dorsal glanced at the three hatchlings around him before swallowing.

He hesitated, tongue darting out to lick his lips, before speaking.

"Iet very, very good. Yeis, iet food and...very good."

<OOC: I know that but Rale doesn't know that, does he? tongue.gif >

user posted image

Rale Rock let out a soft sigh. He could tell that he was getting nowhere with the Electric hatchling and from what he could observe at the moment, it would be best to leave the Electric to calm down. Talking to him seemed to make him even more nervous. Rale supposed that he just had to wait. Well, he could wait.

"I'll be near...nearby if you n-need me," he said quietly and turned, disappearing through another bush as he sniffed the night air.

Edited by Dream_Dragon