Jazlindreal

Bronies

Bronies.. Yes or no?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is your opinion on "Bronies"? Some may accept the idea, some may think it's just plain weird, others may be a "Brony" themselves.. Voice your opinion here!!

Personally I think it's kind of odd for men of any age to like my little pony, especially ones who are 30+.. I guess that I like weird things too so I can't complain too much. rolleyes.gif

Edit: Did not intend to offend anyone, I made this thread out of curiosity. I think it's absolutely fine for ANYONE to like the show.

Edited by Jazlindreal

I'm not at all fond of the accounts I've heard (from reputable industry sources) of Bronies flooding events and conventions meant for the show's target demographic (girls age 6-12) and snapping up the goodies and promotional items intended for the kiddies. Using your greater height and weight to muscle in ahead of little kids and take the stuff those kids would have loved to get is just...

Yeah, not cool IMO.

I'm not at all fond of the accounts I've heard (from reputable industry sources) of Bronies flooding events and conventions meant for the show's target demographic (girls age 6-12) and snapping up the goodies and promotional items intended for the kiddies. Using your greater height and weight to muscle in ahead of little kids and take the stuff those kids would have loved to get is just...

Yeah, not cool IMO.

I agree! I feel bad for the little girls who the show is actually targeted for... Not cool at all..

They're a bunch of socially awkard guys who've found something to not argue over, let them be really. Otherwise for the rest of you.

user posted image

The Bronies started out as a joke from 4chan's /b/ which is literally hitler. Otherwise I wouldn't pay too much attention to them, ~Removed~ otherwise they're okay

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I dislike bronies mainly because of how annoying they get anywhere you go on the internet. I don't like their idea of obsessing over a show for 6 year old girls, but it isn't that important.

They're a bunch of socially awkard guys who've found something to not argue over, let them be really. Otherwise for the rest of you.

user posted image

The Bronies started out as a joke from 4chan's /b/ which is literally hitler. Otherwise I wouldn't pay too much attention to them, ~Removed~ otherwise they're okay

~Removed~ Now that's messed up.. I would rather not have to see the Bronies on the Internet but I agree, people can do as they please and I won't scold them.

~Removed~

Yep. There's even a term for it within the fandom, which I won't repeat. xd.png

I dislike bronies mainly because of how annoying they get anywhere you go on the internet. I don't like their idea of obsessing over a show for 6 year old girls, but it isn't that important.

Yes, the Bronies are everywhere!!! blink.gif

I don't really care that they like the show because people can like whatever they want and it IS actually a pretty good show and I like it too, but... Well, there's a LOT of them that are all manner and variety of terrible people and I don't exactly like associating with them. :V

People will like what they like, just don't be an censorkip.gif*** about it.

Perfectly stated. But most places you go on the internet are going to be full of Bronies who will spam the place with pictures and their fandom. If they would keep it to them selves or on the sites for that I would be fine but I personally hate them because of how annoying a lot of them get about it.

Personally, I didn't mind them at first- its their choice what they like.

But now, it's just annoying. I messages someone on deviantART, and I got a nasty response because I wasn't a brony.

Perfectly stated. But most places you go on the internet are going to be full of Bronies who will spam the place with pictures and their fandom. If they would keep it to them selves or on the sites for that I would be fine but I personally hate them because of how annoying a lot of them get about it.

Star Trek fandom used to have the same problem, back when it was brand spankin' new and began to hold conventions. The fan-kiddies who ran around in badly homemade Starfleet uniforms with pasted-on Vulcan ears squealing "SPOCKSPOCKSPOCK!" at the slightest provocation...

Every fandom has its members that the rest of the fandom wishes would be a bit more quiet about it, I think. The Bronies are probably not that different.

But now, it's just annoying. I messages someone on deviantART, and I got a nasty response because I wasn't a brony.

That is what I am talking about. When the bronies get annoying like that it makes you hate them all.

That is what I am talking about. When the bronies get annoying like that it makes you hate them all.

I know! Yes, we get it, you like MLP. Good for you, we don't care, AT ALL. Keep it to yourself! It's fine every once in a while, but now, you're only spawning hate!

...For the longest time, I've always thought that the term 'brony' was a general thing to call everyone who was a major fangirl/boy of MLP. I guess not.

I've never encountered a brony in RL, but I think it's fine for guys to like MLP as long as they (or other people) don't try to push their love of MLP in my face.

I agree. Why do Bronies judge and attack people who aren't like them? Isn't that exactly what they don't want done to them? I'm sick of being attacked by them just because of one little thing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and shouldn't be bashed because of it.

I've never encountered a brony in RL, but I think it's fine for guys to like MLP as long as they (or other people) don't try to push their love of MLP in my face.

Unfortunately, they don't just push it into your face. They shove it.

I agree. Why do Bronies judge and attack people who aren't like them? Isn't that exactly what they don't want done to them? I'm sick of being attacked by them just because of one little thing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and shouldn't be bashed because of it.

It's especially awful when you consider the message of the show they claim to idolize...

It's especially awful when you consider the message of the show they claim to idolize...

Hmm and what's that? Personally I've never watched the show so I would like to know.

Hmm and what's that? Personally I've never watched the show so I would like to know.

It's about the value of cooperation and the transformative power of friendship, at least as I understand it. I've seen all of half an episode, so I could be wrong. xd.png

It's about the value of cooperation and the transformative power of friendship, at least as I understand it. I've seen all of half an episode, so I could be wrong. xd.png

Wow, so they idolize a show about kindness and friendship and they don't bother to show it? Fantastic... huh.gif

I don't really care about all the up-in-your face stuff.

But I do find it weird that anyone over 12 (of either gender) would watch it. *Has two younger sisters*

I find the whole fandom generally disturbing. (Well, on the internet)

Wow, so they idolize a show about kindness and friendship and they don't bother to show it? Fantastic... huh.gif

Well, the louder and more obnoxious ones don't, anyway. But of course they're the ones that people will tend to hear and remember, so even if most bronies are actually trying to be kind and friendly, they're not being talked about as much.

..I am a pegasister, and I actually agree with most of the comments on here. I am younger-ish though, so I sort of get a half-excuse? xd.png I don't obsess over the show, the only thing I like about it are the characters and the lessons as well as the wonderful animation and plotline, they also have a lot of songs such as This Day Aria and Smile[my personal two favorites]. I don't like the fanfictions, and though I watch fan animations, I am not a huge fan of them.

The show itself is about being a good friend and the important values of friendship and how, well, friendship is magic... there isn't much else to say about it other then, it's a pretty great show. I of course never thought I would enjoy it so much but I do. I have never purchased any MLP wares or been to any convention because I have seen them on youtube .. they are .. really crazy. xd.png I am not one that would devote my life to it, but I am really excited for season four(twilicorn ftw biggrin.gif).

Well, the louder and more obnoxious ones don't, anyway. But of course they're the ones that people will tend to hear and remember, so even if most bronies are actually trying to be kind and friendly, they're not being talked about as much.

There are probably good Bronies out there, but the nasty ones drown them out.