XLaurentX

Laurent and Frost

Phobetor frowned slightly, not having gotten the answer he wanted. Nevertheless, he nodded and turned his attention away from her. With a final shake, the wall collapsed and five indistinct figures darted around the dust. Two went to Lust, who hadn't recovered from whatever Morpheus had done, and the remaining three circled Phobetor and Alexis like vultures. Pride was noticeably absent, much to Phobetor's relief. He wouldn't have the listen to the rambling psycho speech. He hated the rambling psycho speech. "Hello, boys. Afraid we can't stop and chat, but feel free to drop by for scones and tea sometime. Ta-ta." Phobetor grinned, and held Alexis tightly as the floor suddenly collapsed underneath them, sending them plunging deeper into hell. Phobetor seemed quite relaxed, spreading his wings to slow their fall a little. They were different from Morpheus's, the soft gray of a dove's feathers rather than the sheer darkness of a starless night. Oddly, when they stopped falling, they were back in the empty palace. Phobetor let go of her, albeit reluctantly.

Alexis had covered her face as the wall came crushing down, blocking out the dust that came. She could see three people surround them and two others go towards Lust. 'Aren't there supposed to be seven?' She looked around, trying to find the seventh missing demon, but was snapped out of her search when Phobetor pulled her close.

The angel wasn't that afraid of falling anymore, not since she'd learnt how to use her wings.

She looked around, confused as how they were in the palace. "I'm not even going to try and understand hell anymore, it's all too confusing." Alexis had one arm wrapped around Phobetor's not even noticing. "One of the seven weren't there. What if they try to trap us."

"Oh, Pride wasn't there. Don't worry about him though. He isn't one for traps. Or subtlety. If he comes after us, he will have a huge, flashy sign declaring 'I AM AWESOME. WORSHIP ME.' on it," Phobetor said offhandedly. "And hell isn't confusing. I am." He smirked and kept his arm around hers. He seemed ready to proclaim his love for her from the rooftops, although how much of it was an act to throw people off balance was uncertain. There definitely was a rare, softer look in his eyes when he was watching her though. He was still a sharp contrast from Morpheous. The gentleman dragon and the soldier pirate. Phobetor continued to lead her through the palace, although in a different direction. "Come along. You've only seen a tiny bit of hell, but don't worry, I won't take you to the worst places. Unfortunately, I can't show you heaven, but from your experiences with angels, I doubt you'll want to visit anytime soon. The tour continues."

((My brain is barely functioning. Excuse my pathetic excuse of writing. XP))

Edited by frostmourne

((It's okay smile.gif I know how it feels frost))

Alexis looked up at Phobetor. "Do you really think I want to see more hell after Morpheus was stabbed and after finding out somebody I trusted was just trying to lure me away for all the same reasons..." Her voice trailed off and she moved closer to the demon, hoping to find some comfort in doing so. "And you're right, I don't want to go back to heaven anytime soon. I don't like them and they don't like me."

((Good luck and have a nice time!))

"I could take you back to my home, but I think we'd be in more danger there. Hell is vast. We could travel for weeks and not meet anyone if we keep away from the more occupied areas." Phobetor walked out of the palace and into the gardens surrounding it. Hundreds of plants grew there, some from earth and others distinctly hellish. He plucked a black and orange lily like flower. The insides of the waxy petals were dotted with tiny thorns, like rows of razor teeth. It was beautiful nevertheless, but if anything got to close, they would regret it. "Tiger lily. Hell's version of it, anyway. We've got some very interesting plants. I'll eat your hand if you reach in." He let the lily fall, and a new plant grew where it touched the ground. He continued on, eventually stopping in what appeared to be a steep pit, with sides that were smooth a slick as glass. It seemed to stretch on for eternity. Horrible sounds of screaming and yelling and crunching were coming from the pit. Phobetor peered over the edge, made a face, and then kept walking. "Not a nice place. Don't go down there."

"That is a beautiful flower!" Alexis said, looking at it before Phobetor dropped it to the ground. She looked at the other flowers, wanting to stay close to them. They were nostalgic, like the Poppy field of Morpheus. But she had to follow Phobetor, she didn't want to be alone."W-what is down there?" She asked when they reached the pit, peering over. "L-lust was wrong, you're a really nice person."

((Sorry, I had a concussion. It was a rather inconvenient injury.))

"That's hell. One of them, anyway. Everyone wants to eat and no one wants to be eaten. You eat other people or get eaten alive and forced to come back again," Phobetor said, pulling Alexis away from the edge. "People become like animals down there. It's reserved for people who died because of gluttony." He looked surprised when she said he was nice. He dids't seem to register it for a minute or two. "Really? Are you being honest? I don't think any sane person has ever told me that before. I'm flattered. Wait, are you sane?" Phobetor smiled slightly and kept leading Alexis further along. They didn't seem to be heading in any particular direction or to a destination.

((I hope you're okay Frost! Get well soon!))

Alexis nodded. "I should be sane, last I checked." She said. "And I do mean it, you're nice to me at least." She smiled and walked close to him. "Don't walk too fast! I won't be able to keep up!"

((Sorry, tired because of job))

((Sorry! Still alive. Mostly.))

Phobetor smirked and turned to face her. "Shall I carry you then?" he asked. Without waiting for an answer, he scooped her up and continued walking. He'd only been going for a few minutes before a dark figure appeared on the horizon. He immediately set Alexis down and ushered her away. "You should probably run now. I'll be right behind you. Fly. Run. Just get as far away as possible now." He started to stroll towards the other demon, not betraying the slightest hint of apprehension. The other demon began to charge at him, roaring curses. It was clear that this demon was not bothering at all to appear human. It was the size of a small house and covered with harpoon-like quills. Phobetor continued at his leisurely pace, small and insignificant next to the hulking monstrosity. "You probably shouldn't watch this," he called to Alexis without glancing back.

Unlike before, Alexis listened to Phobetor and started running away. She knew he wouldn't be able to protect himself while trying to protect her, just like what happened to Morpheus. Yes, she was worried about Phobetor, he was going up against a massive demon that could easily flatten him. She didn't know where she was going, but she was going back the way the two came. 'Please don't die.'

((I really hope you feel better soon Frost.))

((Thanks. biggrin.gif ))

Phobetor stops and the other demon does too, snarling at him. "You have terrible breath," Phobetor remarks offhandedly. "Who sent you? Oh, what does it matter. If you walk away from this, and I doubt you will, tell your master that she is mine. Keep your wretched claws away from her or I swear, as long as a single cell of me remains, I will obliterate you."

"For such a puny thing, you do have a disproportionate amount of bravado. I can squish you like a bug." the demon chortles, batting Phobetor aside like an irritating fly and then pinning him against the ground with a single talon. Phobetor struggles for breath as the claw digs into his chest. "Oh, poor Phoebe. Where's all your bluster gone? You can't protect her, you hopeless idiot. What could you possibly do to me?" Phobetor smirks and grabs the claw with both hands. The demon desperately stumbled back, releasing him. It screeches with pain and writhes, clawing at itself now. Phobetor takes the chance to stagger to his feet and dart away. He clutches at where the talon and sunken in, but seems triumphant.

"I can make you dream."

Alexis forces herself not to look back, afraid of what she might see. Though that meant she couldn't see how far away she was, so she kept running away. There was one thing she couldn't get off her mind; what if another demon found her. That thought scared her to death, Phobetor wasn't with her now and she had seen how strong they really are.

Phobetor turned away from the demon, confident that it would tear itself to bits or at least be driven to insanity. He started hobbling after Alexis, now wishing he hadn't told her to run so fast. He stopped and gasped after a few more steps forward. He definitely had a broken rib among other things. "Alexis? I think you can stop running now." He grimaced and shed his suit. He forced himself to keep staggering towards her. He wished that he had kept Morpheus's umbrella. He could have used a cane right about now.

Alexis heard Phobetor, stopping and turning to look at him. He looked horrible. Quickly she ran back to him. "Here, you can use me for support." She said, placing his one arm around her shoulders, allowing him to lean on her. "Let's get you back to the castle, where we can safely tend to your wounds." Alexis was afraid of losing Phobetor like she did with Morpheus, that was why she was trying to stay calm.

Phobetor nodded and they vanish, reappearing in one of the smaller rooms in the palace. "I think I'll just take a nap..." Phobetor muttered, pulling his fluffy gray wings over his head. They easily cover his entire body. He was frighteningly still for a moment, but then lowered his wings so his face showed. "Yeah, I never really got the hang of sleeping standing up." He fell into bed and curled up before patting the space next to him invitingly. "Come on. I won't bite." He kept his injures covered and did his best to pretend he was perfectly fine.

"I'll join you... After cleaning some of your wounds. You're horribly injured and running around like this can cause you a lot of problems." Alexis said. "Where can find what's needed to clean them?" She asked. "And don't bother hidings them, I caught a glance."

"I'm fine, they can patch themselves up. Demon, remember? I heal pretty quickly, and I don't think I can get an infection," Phobetor mumbled. He pulled the blanket over his head, like a child trying to hide from their parent. He suddenly sits straight up and shakes his head furiously. "No, it's not fair! I want to stay," he snaps at no one in particular. He seems to be talking to himself.

((Morpheus ready to come back?))

Alexis frowned and got into the bed. She remembered that Morpheus and Phobetor were in the same body, so she realised what was happening. She sighed and touched his shoulder. "Thank you for protecting me." She said, smiling.

((Sorry. And yes.))

"No! I'm not leaving," Phobetor says, now turned to face her. He rises and winces slightly. "I don't want to leave. You-" He stops and blinks and sits back down. The anger is fading, quickly being replaced by sadness. "You like him better, don't you? Everyone does. He's charming and polite and stronger. Aren't I always in the shadow of my big brother?"

"No, Phobetor, it's not like that. Remember, he was the person who taught me how to fly, and I've been around him longer, I'm just used to Morph more." Alexis said, touching the demon's shoulder. "Maybe if Morpheus allowed you around more we could spend time together." She added. "Plus, you're hurt now, so it's better for Morph to be around while you rest."