Syiren

Dragon Name search

Sorry if this thread has already been started/made. I used the search, but didn't find anything.

I don't know about others, but it takes me a while to try and find one of my dragons when trying to view it. I have to remember the page number (which changes as my scroll grows) and also scroll down through the page to find it when it would be so much easier to have a filter/search bar (like the BSA, breed, hatchlings/eggs filter). I realize that there is an option of putting your dragons in order according to name, but that's still going through the pages trying to find the elusive dragon your seeking.

ex: Trying to find a dragon named 'Torch Nightwing' when you have four pages worth of T-named dragons.

Granted I only have 7 pages to my scroll and others have 20+ pages, but I'm sure it would help everyone out a lot.

Edited by Syiren

If you're on a computer, using the ctrl + f search function should really be all you need. I have 1,800+ dragons and I can always find what I'm looking for fast enough with it. Of course, I also have my account settings set to 500 dragons per page (putting me at four pages of scroll), so you might want to consider upping your amount of dragons per page if having to ctrl+f through seven pages at 321 dragons bothers you.

It's not really the number of dragons I have that bugs me, it's the snail-speed of my internet that makes it difficult. Two-three minutes for one forum page to load can get a bit annoying after a while. I was just wondering if it could make it easier for those with slower connections.

But, I will admit, that I never thought about using the ctrl key. I'm not that computer savvy, I wish I was. ^^;

apple symbol-F I think. I haven't used a mac in like a year. it may still be Ctrl-f. just try it and it will pop a box in the corner.

apple symbol-F I think. I haven't used a mac in like a year. it may still be Ctrl-f. just try it and it will pop a box in the corner.

It's Command + F on Mac Thanks! biggrin.gif

If you know the name of the dragon you're looking for, you could just go directly to it, as well, and not load your scroll at all. You'd have to type in the URL (or bookmark it), but it's not that difficult. Modify this URL: http://dragcave.net/view/n/DRAGON_NAME_HERE

Thank you! That code totally solves my slow-load problem. you just saved me a lot of headaches. happy.gif

If you know the name of the dragon you're looking for, you could just go directly to it, as well, and not load your scroll at all. You'd have to type in the URL (or bookmark it), but it's not that difficult. Modify this URL: http://dragcave.net/view/n/DRAGON_NAME_HERE

It helped me, too.

I think it should be answered thread...

Syrien? you should probably change the title to "answered" or something - because I think this is pretty much pointless now?