Ayesthine

Pagos Epochi - The Time of Ice

user posted image

As Tirren flew closer to the cave, she could feel her wings get cold and start freezing again. She needed help- and fast. She let out a high-pitched raspy shreik that Coastal Waverunners would usually do when they were in danger. She called out in the same raspy call a few more times, hoping to draw attention. Her iced wings slowed her down, and even though she was close to the cave, she was beginning to plummet to the cold ground. She would never make it now. She let out another raspy shriek before the icy wind clasped a claw around her heart once more. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, tongue lolling as she fell. "....Help...." She called out in a hoarse, quiet voice, and prayed once more silently to no one in particular. Her suspicions were right- it was too dangerous to fly out in the cold.

((Whoops sorry didn't see your post there bacon Dx otherwise I would've responded earlier. Oki aye edited the my post slightly. Gonna respond to dragonlets post too. I hate having to post on mobile, but it's the best time for me to respond to posts as long as its not long ones))

user posted image

Without thinking he lashed his tail violently at the nearby dragon. <Go away!> He snarled in reply. When he didn't feel his tail hit anything he craned his neck and glared at his supposed target but then softened his expression when he saw who it was. Hoping that no one saw what he did, he withdrew his tail but didn't turn his body to fully face the myst either. He continued on in telepathy just in case he had another outburst. His tone however sounded rough, as if he was talking to an enemy. To him, at least he was actually talking to another dragon while he was in his current state of mind. He would never admit it, but he loved his parents all too much... <Sorry, Should've realized it was you of all people. Why're you so concerned about how I am? Go enjoy the party like everyone else. I'll be just fine!>

user posted image

"As you wish Doll, I'll take you to a healer-." She looked towards the entrance and could swear she heard the squeals of a hatchling outside..! "No..! There's a hatchling nearby our cave too!" Her face showed greater concern than when she found out that the tupintine had hypothermia. She absolutely loved children and the thought of a little hatchling out there in the cold was almost too much for her to bear. She wanted to go out and save the little hatchling that she almost dropped poor Doll and ran out, but upon remembering that Doll was injured she caught Do and secured him more firmly. Should she drop Doll to save the hatchling? should she get doll to a healer and then save the hatchling? She didn't know what to do, bu she needed to make a decision, and fast.

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

Nigh only blinked as Sora whipped his tail at him, knowing the hatchling would find he was of no harm later. Sure enough, Sora's words after realizing who he was were much friendlier, although his tone was still harsh. The Dark Myst didn't mind, however, understanding now what likely not the right time to get involved in anything. Deciding to respect his wishes, Nigh replied, "It is okay, and I suppose you are right. Please tell me if you need anything, though." After that, he headed towards the group, unsure of what was happening as of late.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

<...Please tell me if you need anything, though.> After that, he headed towards the group, unsure of what was happening as of late.

user posted image

His tail moved again, this time swaying back and forth with nervousness and uncertainty... He glanced at Nigh as he left, his eyes filled with tears and sorrow despite his brow creased in anger and attempting to hold back his sign of weakness. He didn't want to be left alone! He... He wanted someone to comfort him, to be with him, but he didn't know what do to with all the pent up frustration he had! He didn't even know what he really thought anymore, or why he was so angry in the first place! He wanted to run up to Nigh and hug him, cry in his arms about how much he missed his parents and wanted to see them again... But his stubborn attitude prevented him from doing so. There was no way for him to tell Nigh about how he was feeling, even if he wasn't in such a state. The only real way for him to communicate his true feelings was his subconscious body movement that even Sora wasn't ever aware of.

Not knowing what to do with himself he hugged himself and curled his body as tightly as he could in the corner. Quietly in his mind, he beats himself over shooing Nigh away in such a terrible manner... Quietly in his mind, he sobs to himself as he thought of his parents...

Back to the time when they were all happy... Back to the time he smiled lots and laughed lots. Back to the time he was scolded and he hated his parents... Back to the time when he was truly happy.

((Awwww, Sora ;n; Ah, I forgot to mention this in the last post, but I LOVE the magi's part. Too bad its an NPC. Dx Hope you guys liked Sora's post as much as I did!))

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

Tirren flapped her wings again in an effort to at least catch air or slow her fall. No use. She just looked up to see a Ribbon-Tailed Dancer flying towards her, a freezing Copper Dragon clutched inbetween it's paws. "Hurry." She croaked, but her voice was faint and it easily got lost in the wind. She lifted up her tail, hoping that the flap at the end would at least catch even the slightest bits of wind. Nope. But the wind was still rushing at her now even as she fell, striking her with swift talons. The talons on her hind legs lashed out, trying to grip something. But to no avail. The world was spinning around her now, everything seemed hopeless. She had come all this far only to die.... she felt as if her fate was sealed with iron bars. She closed her eyes, stopped struggling and gave in as the wind froze her body.

(OOC: Taleena, that was a lovely post.)

user posted image

Walking to where many of the dragons were sitting, Nigh could see that a feast had been set up for everyone. I wonder how much of this they completed when I was sleeping... he thought, looking around at the many dragons of all breeds and sizes talking and dining together. Moments like these constantly reminded him that he was not normal; that he was outcast, and lonely one it seemed. He cautiously walked up to the food and observed what was laid out before him and the group. It seemed that most of the dragons were finishing up their food, leaving crumbs and scraps were everywhere while chatting with their friends.

Nigh quietly reached out for what appeared to be an elaborately decorated muffin platter, and grabbed the smallest pastry there was. Suddenly, a very cheery dragon appeared to his left, greeting him with a warm smile."Hello there!" the Gold-horned Tangar said, "Are you enjoying the feast? The food is great! I'm so glad it's everything has going well these past few months!" Nigh wasn't sure how to reply to the incredibly upbeat dragon, so he gave a small smile that was against his nature and took a bite out of his muffin. "Yes ma'am, the food is well. So are the months." The Dark Myst's manner was as solemn and quiet as ever, and felt uncomfortable talking the dragon, especially one he did not know.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

((2:30 in the morning is a good time for storytelling, don't you think?))

A rending crunch echoes through the cavern. Twisted shadows prance across the wall, distorted by the undulating stone. A high, wailing scream cuts through the crackle and roar of an enormous fire. The sound carries out across the snow, heedless of the storm rumbling just outside. Your feet slip on the ice-covered rocks, and you nearly plunge into a bottomless ravine. After dodging around some rocks jutting through the pebbled ground, a bridge catches your eye. It's wooden, held together by some threadbare rope and a few ancient planks. Across, a glimmer of light glimmers merrily. You decide to chance it.

The rickety bridge swings wildly when you step on it, but, to your great surprise, it holds together as you cross it. Your wings flap anxiously against the chill air as you leap across the gaps in the wood. Finally, after what seems like hours, you reach the solid ground beyond. Roars of defeat follow after you, or so you think. You must be hearing things.

A group of haggard dragons crowding around a bonfire struggle for scraps of food. Their sunken cheeks and protruding ribs catch in the firelight, and their ragged skin and scales are stained. You wince as you near them, hearing the snap of bones and the rip of muscle. The cadaverous monsters are tearing something apart. Your stomach turns in protest. Quickly, you avert your eyes. A few grunts and squeals are forced out of the creatures by the violence of their feasting, but, no one is fighting. It's almost like they're working together.

One of them, the remains of an Olive, sees you at the edge of the light. It beckons with a claw; a sickening grin plastered across it's face. Against your better judgement you obey. Something vaguely like a Red Stripe moves over to accommodate you, the same smile stretching out it's membranous skin. You now face a circle of skeletal dragons huddled together, back-to-back, around a rotting corpse and a fire. The Stripe plunges his claw into the picked-over animal, and rips off a hunk of flesh and gristle. He hands it to you, grin even wider. "Enjoy, my brother!" He wheezes. "We all eat tonight!" You eye the meat carefully. It looks, for the most part, barely edible. The dragons surrounding you stop to stare. For a moment, you feel threatened. "Take it!" the stripe urges. You take it. The hungry faces pressed around you beam as you rip into it with your teeth. You swallow with difficulty, the rancid meat sticking in your throat. You try a smile. Your audience wriggles with happiness.

The meat is finished quickly, and the meager bones are cracked open and shared. The skull is reserved for you, for reasons you try not to comprehend. The Olive form before clears his throat, and begins to speak. His raspy voice is strained from time and temperature, but his words contain more emotion than you thought possible.

"We are brothers. We are survivors. We are chosen. Lask Frildur saved us and kept us, yes, but we have the real power. We live for eachother, which is why we are strong." The drab green dragon throws an arm behind him, gesturing vehemently to a painting you only just now recognized. Depicted in gruesome reds and browns is a Frankenstein dragon, made of a collage of parts. You recognize the tail of a Bleeding Moon, the wings of a Guardian, the scales of a Brimstone, and conglomeration of parts too weird for any anatomical sense to be made of it. The other dragons howl with approval, and they pick you up in a flurry of arms and wings. They turn in dizzying circles, faster and faster. The Olive widens his grin and snaps open his wings, jumping on top of you. The crowd of dragons surging underneath you whirls around, dragons cackling with animal joy. The Olive's drool spatters across your face, his leering mouth inches from your neck. He snaps his jaws closed and a wave of bodies crashes over you....

The corners of Lask's mouth twitched. "SAY THAT AGAIN." He tapped his claws together and stared at the messenger. "WE DIDN'T QUITE CATCH THAT." The scrawny Sunstone trembled. The harsh blue light that filled the cave washed out all the life in his once-orange scales. "T-there w-w-was an-nother attack, sir." He swallowed nervously, eyeing the sickly gray dragon in front of him. Lask Fildur was a dangerous dragon to cross. "WELL, TELL US WHO IT WAS. IT WON'T DO TO LEAVE US IGNORANT, LEGATE."

The Sunstone closed his eyes and shrunk back against the wall. "An unknown. We have no idea who it was. I- I mean, we've been working on it! They- they just don't really... leave much evidence... " He trailed off, uncertain how to continue.

"WE'RE SURE." Lask purred. His tail flicked across his crossed paws, and he shifted on his icy throne. A Mint rushed forward with a pillow, eager to please, but he waved it away. "WE NEED EVIDENCE? IS THAT WHAT YOU ASK FOR?" The Sunstone nodded quickly. "IF YOU CARE ABOUT IT THAT MUCH GO FIND IT YOURSELF. WE DO NOT CARE TO DEAL WITH THE INFIRM OF MIND." He snapped his bony claws, and a bulky Cavern Lurker dragged the protesting Sunstone away. He waved a paw goodbye, a smile plastered across his shriveled face, and leaned back with eyes closed tight. "REQUISITE REPORT MY censorkip.gif"

((Lask Fildur's horde is now open to join!))

Edited by Ayesthine

((M introduction...for Ace.))

Ace awoke to find himself in a tiny den. He scoured around, finding little food supplies. "...I'm bored." He sighed as he looked over to the entrance. After his parents disappeared into thin air, Ace found himself in a boring and cold situation. Maybe this might help my boredom? He thought to himself.

"Aceman to the Rescue!" He acted out, raising his paw and smiling like he was a superhero. He sounded like a complete child when he does that. "...I guess it was...sort of entertaining." He said as he exited out his little den. His red eyes glowed in the snow. Ace wandered about in the blizzard, wanting to see if there was anything exciting gong on. I hope I get to see something interesting, or I'll only be wasting my whole nap time. He thought as he continued on walking through the cold. He sneezed. Colds were one of the entertaining things Ace liked, because then he would be able to sleep for the whole day. Too bad this isn't a good situation for me to obtain a cold. Ace sighed. "Ace man to the rescue~" He quietly sang for a few seconds. His eyes continued glowing red.

((M introduction...for Ace.))

Ace awoke to find himself in a tiny den. He scoured around, finding little food supplies. "...I'm bored." He sighed as he looked over to the entrance. After his parents disappeared into thin air, Ace found himself in a boring and cold situation. Maybe this might help my boredom? He thought to himself.

"Aceman to the Rescue!" He acted out, raising his paw and smiling like he was a superhero. He sounded like a complete child when he does that. "...I guess it was...sort of entertaining." He said as he exited out his little den. His red eyes glowed in the snow. Ace wandered about in the blizzard, wanting to see if there was anything exciting gong on. I hope I get to see something interesting, or I'll only be wasting my whole nap time. He thought as he continued on walking through the cold. He sneezed. Colds were one of the entertaining things Ace liked, because then he would be able to sleep for the whole day. Too bad this isn't a good situation for me to obtain a cold. Ace sighed. "Ace man to the rescue~" He quietly sang for a few seconds. His eyes continued glowing red.

(( xd.png Aceman. Kinda sounds like batman to me.))

(OOC: In case anyone is wondering, this conversation between the two is just for someone to get an idea about Nigh and his character/personality.)

user posted image

The cheery Gold-horned Tangar simply continued to smile at Nigh, who, like most of the other dragons, dwarfed him in size. The Dark Myst had gotten used to having to look up to others over the years, thankful that his neck was rarely in pain. Even newborn hatchlings at times were twice his size, a somewhat depressing sight. Of course, he would never try and feel sorry for himself. He couldn't stand self-pity.

After he finished his muffin without speaking a word to the other dragon, the Tanger had to stop herself from a sudden yawn. She felt embarrased to have done that to the poor pygmy, and gave a much bigger smile than before."Well, I have to go now. Better see if I can find where my sister went. Anyhow, it was nice to meet you!" she said, before walking away waving. "Have a good day..." Nigh quietly replied, even though he knew she was already gone. Sighing, he reached for another muffin, not sure what to do anymore.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Ace looked around. There was nothing but white snow and a cloudy gray surrounding him in every direction. His body was numbed, but he continued on walking towards a random path. I wonder if I'll go to heaven in this condition... He wondered. He thought for a moment. ...What about hell? He added on. ...Meh. Its best not to die yet, heaven should be very boring and hell...is also boring. He sighed as he continued walking with his numb body. He wondered if he should've brought some supplies. "T-too late now." He muttered. He hoped something would happen, or he'll have to actually work to obtain warmth.

His narrowed his red, glowing eyes to see if anything seemed out of the ordinary. He wondered why he was still moving, despite his body to be freezing and numbed. Hmm...this isn't what Aceman would think though. He thought as he walked through the snow. "...Have no fear, Aceman is here." He whispered.

Edited by Jass

Lask's heavy-lidded eyes stared unblinkingly at the gilded entrance to his den. Glamour, on a whole, was not his style, but his advisers decided a little grandeur was befitting one of his stature. He begrudgingly agreed. Recently he had taken a fancy to following advice. "STATURE... " he murmured. "WHAT A STRANGE, MEANINGLESS WORD."

Another messenger dashed through the door. It handed something swiftly to a guard, which took it in turn to Lask. A Winter Seasonal stationed at his side intercepted the package with a nod.

"Better make sure it's safe, eh? No traps or nuthin'."

Lask slithered off of his throne, and snatched a scroll back. He tsked at the dragon and shook his head in mock admonishment. "FOR MY EYES ONLY, IT SAYS. I'M SURE I CAN HANDLE THE THREAT OF READING, DON'T YOU THINK?" The security officer nodded swiftly in agreement, and backed away hurriedly. He decided it was safer not to argue.

Lask opened the scroll with a flourish. He scanned the tome quickly, and closed it again. "IT WAS A WEATHER CHECK. VERY DANGEROUS, TO BE SURE." His voice was monotonous, but his eyes glimmered wickedly. "SOME 3RD LEVEL RECRUITS ARE COMPLAINING OF COLD. I SUPPOSE ONE OF YOU HAD BETTER TELL FELIX TO LAY OFF ON THE SNOW."

Felix was laying down on top of a large rock. He was curled up on the jutting rock and his tail hung off the edge. The cliff itself would be very difficult to scale. It was frozen solid. The ice that latched onto the rock was unnaturally and created by Felix himself. The small platform at the top of the rock was the only part that was untouched by ice. Felix didn't mind being cold, but sleeping on ice would surely give him hypothermia. The ancient was in the middle of resting when he heard a voice call to him from down below. Two sharp golden eyes slowly opened and a long neck craned up. "What is it that you want from me?" he growled down at the Seasonal on the ground. "Some third level recruits are complaining 'bout the snow." the Seasonal replied hesitantly. "I've done nothing to the weather." Felix replied coolly. "The storms always get worse around this time of year. It's always cold, tell those troops to put on their big boy pants and deal with it." The Seasonal flinched at this. He shifted his paws and looked up; his body quaking in fear. "L-Lask told me to tell y-you to do s-so," the Seasonal said shyly. He knew what Felix was capable of and he most certainly did not want to get on the ancient's bad side. Felix narrowed his eyes and twitched his tail. The Seasonal's fear was palpable as Felix let the silence reign. Finally, the Gray relaxed his neck that was craning upward. "Very well then," he said solemnly. "I will see what I can do." The Seasonal's relief wasn't hidden as he bowed his head and sped away. Felix rolled his shoulders forward and stood up. His enormous wings flapped open, revealing a slender serpent body. Felix sat down on his haunches and concentrated at the task at hand. Slowly, the Gray began to calm the blizzard raging around him. Edited by Doctortear

Ace sneezed 4 times in a row before continuing on his journey for, well, something. He sniffled as as he walked on. "C-c-c-cold." He whispered quietly, stuttering. He started to wobble around while he was walking. "T-t-the most dullest and cruelest place of the world." He muttered. He felt as if some incredibly huge weight was on him, as if his paws were trapped in stone. Ace walked as if he was a malfunctioning robot. He gritted his teeth. He stopped for one moment to observe and see if there was anything that could help him.

He looked down at the snow, staring at it. It reminded him of his parents, although he couldn't exactly remember their own faces. H-how stupid am I...to even forget your own mother's and father's faces... He did a sad smile. You can't help it if it runs in the family though, right? He thought as he started to walk again.

user posted image

Looking past the food, Nigh observed Sylvi, who appeared to have a grim and bothered look on her face, unlike herself. Noticing other dragons around him seeming distressed, he realizing something wrong had happened. It must have occurred while I was asleep... he thought. Peering across the area, the Dark Myst tried to find any indications of misbehavior or other shenanigans. Alas, he could not find what he was searching for, dampening his thirst for an answer. Deciding to try something odd of his nature, Nigh looked back over at the Snow Angel and sent her a message, "Ms. Sylvi, is there something wrong? Has someone committed intolerable behavior?" He had not moved from where he was sitting, so he stood up and walked over to where she could see him.

user posted image

Sylvi swiveled her head slowly to look at a young Dark Myst dragon who was sitting a distance away from her, so she tried to force a smile that probably looked like a strained grimace. Ah, no need for the 'Ms.', dear. Free feel to call me just Sylvi. This time her smile was genuine, but her concerned scarlet gaze turned in the direction of the tunnel through which Leo had disappeared. Any yes, I'm afraid there is something wrong... Did you hear Leonardo's ghastly Christmas story? She shook her head, letting out an exasperated sigh. Without waiting for an answer, the Caretaker continued. It was just awful. Frightened the little hatchlings to death. "What's gotten into Leo these days?" She added aloud, unaware of the fact that Nigh wouldn't be able to her her from this far away.

user posted image

Nigh gave a small frown at Sylvi's reply, not quite understanding what she meant by Leonardo's tale. "I did not hear his story,.....Sylvi," He was having trouble giving someone an informal name. "I was likely asleep at the time." His head shook in dismay at the thought of the frightened hatchlings, much like he had when his shout had caused confusion among the young ones. "That's terrible, has someone adressed the children about the matter?" Moving closer to her, he thought to himself, We should not let this ruin their minds...a fearful hatchling is the hardest to handle...

Walking through the snow seemed to take forever. He scoured around the place, and noticed a cavern was nearby. To go or not to go? That is the question... Ace stared at the cave for a few moments. Should he warm himself inside the cave, and risk himself getting killed? Some of the caves can be...aggressive. He thought. His glowing eyes narrowed a bit. Ace took the chance, and started to move forward to it, although very slowly, as his body was almost frozen solid. "I swear if this place has not have at least one thing interesting..." He whispered, but drifted off.

He looked at the cave. He can tell he was getting getting closer, although barely due to his numbed legs. Memories might help my cure my boredom... Ace thought and started to remember his life as a hatchling. He remembered him being a bit more...energetic and hyper. Right...I thought I was a superhero...Aceman... He smiled very faintly. "Aceman will cure all of your boredom fears..." Sighing, he tried to act out again, but failed doing so, due to his body.

user posted image

Sylvi gave a brilliant smile of reassurance, bounding lightly across the stone floor of the large cavern until she was standing in front of Nigh. "Asleep on Christmas Day? Astonishing!" she scolded the Dark Pygmy jokingly with a tinkling laugh that echoed merrily around the walls of the cave. "And yes, Absalom has calmed the hatchlings along with their parents." But the Caretaker slightly doubted that he had fully reassured the dragons, for they were milling around with an air of anxiety hovering over them. Sylvi's mouth curved into a tiny frown, and she remained silent for a few long seconds. "This day should bring joy and laughter, not fear. I wonder if Leo will be able to tell a good story next time around..."

Edited by SpiritWolfe

"Achoo!" Ace sneezed. He rubbed his red, glowing eyes and the snot away. Ace coughed until his lungs were full of pain. He felt his forehead, that strangely had a lot of more warmth than usual. Huh...I have a fever... He thought. He didn't know getting a fever would be this bad, despite him getting colds and fevers all the time. Maybe its because I'm actually awake, rather than me sleeping it off... He thought. He sniffled.

He then noticed that he seemed to be blending in with the snow pretty well, like he was a tiny snow mount. And the only thing that is noticeable is my eyes....no wonder almost nobody ever notices me... He sighed with another sneeze. Well, it looks like I either have to be fully conscious to be found or faint when I actually get to the warm cavern. He thought as he slowly walked towards the cave the cave.

Geez, I hope I'm in that cozy cave soon, because I'm hating this dull weather! Ace thought.

Edited by Jass

(OOC: Did Sylvi just read his mind?)

user posted image

Nigh's expression turned concerned at Sylvi's words, and briefly looked at the ground in shame, not attentive to her joking manner. Am I really that different from the others? Sleeping on Christmas while the others are working to help maintain this feast? How self-centered have I gotten? I ought to offer an apology to the others.....

He lifted his head back up towards the Snow Angel, and addressed her with genuine embarrassment. "I am terribly sorry for sleeping in late today. I don't know what has gotten into me." he said, without making any attempt to try and offer an explanation for his behavior. "If you'd like, I could help with the cleanup of the meal. All the rest of you have worked so hard with preparing this lovely feast, and I did nothing." Nigh shook his head in mortification.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

(( Sorry, I edited. ))

user posted image

Smiling softly, Sylvi reached out one paw to pat the young Dark Myst's shoulder. "Don't worry about it, you haven't done any harm." Her smiled widened into a brilliant beam and her shoulders began to shake slightly as she struggled to contain a small chuckle. "I was just fooling around with you, dear. But...we could do with some help for cleaning up the rest of the feast." The Snow Angel caretaker paused, her festively colored tail flicking back and forth, her bright scarlet eyes turning serious. "That's only if you're willing to, of course." Sylvi drew an arm's length away from Nigh, studying his expression. I hope he won't volunteer just to resolve his previous actions. There's no need for that.

((Really? Okay then. I thought that since dragons have great fat hides they could at least stay in the cold for more than a minute. I'll delete it then. I just wanted to do something with her since she basically just sat there for most of the rp))

user posted image

Although Nigh's stolid appearance gave no intimation of his feelings, great relief filled his mind at Sylvi's words. That's good to know, perhaps I've been overreacting quite a bit..... Taking no time to reflect on her words, he immediately responded to her, "I would like to help with cleaning up the feast. It would appear that almost all have finished their meals." He looked around at the scene, observing the few dragons left taking their last bites. "I'm sure now would be a good time to start, Ms. Sylvi." Without giving thought to his first spoken words all day, he quickly began his job, taking a bin to collect the trash for the Ember dragon nearby.