Dramiome7052

Around the World Lineage

Around the World

Welcome to the Around the World Lineage!

This is an even generation lineage where you choose eight different countries, and eight different dragon breeds.

First, you pick your first country and the dragon to go with it. Get a CB male and female and breed them together. Now, pick a country that is clockwise from the first country and a breed for that one. Breed two CB of that breed together and you have your pair for that country. Choose six more countries and breeds and you're on your way.

Next, breed two of the second gen eggs together. Do this for the other six also. These four eggs are the third gen. Breed these to make two eggs, and then breed those two eggs together to make the finished product!

I'll make a list of what dragons and countries each member decides to do. That way rach breed will only be used nice. If there aren't enough to go around, I'll see if some can be used twice.

List of Countries and their breeds that I used for my diagram.

China: Royal Crimson

India: Ember

Egypt: Golden Wyvern

Brazil: Bright Breasted Wyvern

Hawaii: Canopy

Australia: Albino

Russia: Turpentine

Thailand: Pillow

Here is a diagram of a sample lineage.

When you have the finished product, it would be nice to name it a name that comes from the country it is supposed to stand for. You can also name the rest of the dragons in the lineage something to do with their country if you want.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by Dramiome7052

Members and Finished Lineages

Members

Dramiome7052

England-Royal Blues

Spain-Reds

France-Flamingo Wyvern

Italy-Sunrise

Russia-Golden Wyvern

Japan-Water

Canada-Guardian

Iceland-White

Lantern-Pegasus

UK-Royal Blue

France

Italy

Egypt-Sunsong

India-Golden Wyvern

Hong Kong-Water

Japan-Sunrise

USA

DragonPortal

Countries TBD

Catstaff

Russia - swallowtails

Greece - olives

Morocco - trihorn wyverns

Barbados - blusangs

Costa Rica - neotropicals

Fiji - skywings

South Korea - gold horned tanagers

Tibet - spotted greenwings

Edited by Dramiome7052

*thoughtful* It's an interesting beginning. How did you pick those 8 countries? What about if people choose their own country (and breed to represent it), then collect eggs from 7 other people to make a lineage? Maybe have a rule like "can only travel in one direction - clockwise or anticlockwise - around the world"? Have a squint at the Travel Europe lineage set-up - it's a similar sort of idea. With a few tweaks, I'd be up for joining this...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

That would be a good idea. Maybe we could try to all have different dragons. I'm not sure if it would be right to have each person do a different country since that is almost like the European lineage. Any ideas are welcome.

That would be a good idea. Maybe we could try to all have different dragons. I'm not sure if it would be right to have each person do a different country since that is almost like the European lineage. Any ideas are welcome.

Well the Europe lineage is just for Europe - I can see room for a global version, personally! tongue.gif I just think it'd be fun to see what "routes" people picked to travel around the world. smile.gif And giving people choice is always good. If you're worried, maybe let more than one person "join" a country - that way you'll have more room to expand and you won't "lose" a country if someone drops out. You may need to give some thought as regards using the same breed for more than one country, though - there are more nations than dragon breeds right now. wink.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Oh yes, let's go around the world !

And since I love the book so much I'll do it in 80 days ! Well, possibly not, but if the idea of "pick eight countries" is used I would very much like to follow Phileas Fogg's journey around the world. (Although his stations are in 9 countries, so I'm still debating which one to leave out...)

That would include:

UK - Royal Blue

France

Italy

Egypt - Sunsong

India - Golden Wyvern

Hong Kong - Water

Japan - Sunrise

USA

(Ireland) - This one I'll probably skip because it belonged to Britain when Fogg made his journey, and I have to rule one out.

I hope that would be acceptable, with Egypt and India taken once already ?

I like the suggestion of Amazon_warrior, too, everyone having just one country and pair of CB dragons, and visiting the others to make the journey.

However, the problem that I see in that is that it would take quite a long time to get enough members to have a selection of nations to plan your route. Because if we say "only in one direction" then you can't just go back when a new member joins later on. (And the "one direction" should be kept, it wouldn't be "around the world" if you hopped back and forth constantly.) And till there are enough members the ones already there couldn't do very much travelling without barring themselves the options of taking the countries joining later, on latitudes they already "passed".

So how about everyone completing their own voyage, and then trading the 5th gens to make more tours around the world ? (And possibly breeding 8 of them together again, forming a new voyage from their different countries that's then finished in gen 8 ?)

And I'd like to second the though of making the choice of breeds open, too. There probably would be enough breeds for 8 or 9 travellers, but that already includes things like Metals and Trios, and since it's alway 8 breeds that are closed by one traveller the choice would very soon be quite limited. And who would like to breed a lineage from dragons he doesn't like very much ?

But all these are only some thoughts for the "brainstorming phase" of the project, if you'd like to keep it as it is I'd probably go with it, too. smile.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Hi Georgia I see your topic is finally on!

If this is what you mean I breeded two CB dragons together from your selection!

Pillow and Albino

Not quite Sofi. Ill help you later today when I get home from school

Egypt and India ate perfectly fine to have since that s just an example. I'm still not actually sure which ones ill do. I'll add your countries to the list later today.

Excellent, it's really taking shape now! Lantean_Pegasus has some good ideas too. smile.gif I may start planning a trip around the world myself now.

Thanks, Dramiome ! I added some breeds that I chose so far, will complete the list when I decide on the other ones.

@Amazon_warrior:

It would be nice to see you join. smile.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

This looks like fun!

Please add me to the list. I've picked my countries and my breeds.

Russia - swallowtails

Greece - olives

Morocco - trihorn wyverns

Barbados - blusangs

Costa Rica - neotropicals

Fiji - skywings

South Korea - gold horned tanagers

Tibet - spotted greenwings

Can't wait to start traveling!

Added you catstaff!

Just a small change in the rules. We can now use some of the same countries and breeds as long as its not identical.

@catstaff:

Hey, nice to meet you here, too !

And Olives for Greece made me smile. I was thinking about Olives for Italy, but as funny and fitting as it would be, I just don't like the Olive dragons. But somehow I'm glad you chose that connection, so it's out there.

@Dramiome:

Oh, that's good to hear. I think it's a good choice to allow multiple uses of the same country/breed by different users. I'm sure it'll stay diverse enough.

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

I beleive I've decided on what dragons and countries to use. Now, to collect them.

England-Royal Blues

Spain-Reds

France-Flamingo Wyvern

Italy-Sunrise

Russia-Golden Wyvern

Japan-Water

Canada-Guardian

Iceland-White

I thought I'd bump the thread by showing my progress so far. I have 2nd gens from

Great Britain

Egypt (influenced female)

India

Hong Kong

Japan

The USA

Names so far are just placeholders / have been there before. I'll name them all correctly once the lineage progresses a bit.

For Italy I decided on Daydreams, but 4 pairs in a row refused to give me an egg, so that will have to wait a week.

The breed for France is still open, I think I might wait for the big 7th Birthday Release, and choose after that.

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

PS: Are the names "Phileas Fogg" and "Princess Aouda" taken by any of you, or were they already out there before this lineage came to be ? wink.gif

Those look good Lantean! Nope, I didn't take the names.

So far, i'm still collecting. Doing quite poorly also, as i'm doing another lineage too. But, I have a guardian adult and egg, a water egg, and one surnrise. getting there slowly.

Well, the 7th Birthday release didn't do the trick. But with the Imperial Fleshcrowns I think I found my breed for France. smile.gif

So, to complete the list:

Great Britain - Royal Blues

France - Imperials

Italy - Daydreams

Egypt - Sunsongs

India - Golden Wyverns

Hong Kong - Waters

Japan - Sunrises

USA - Sunsets

Now my infernal egglock has to pass, so I can breed the 2nd gens for France and Italy, and then I'll be on my merry way !

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Just a small change in the rules. We can now use some of the same countries and breeds as long as its not identical.

What exactly does this mean? I mean, obviously I would be able to use Reds although you took them for Spain, or Spain although you took it as Reds, but would I be able to use the same Spain - Reds?

The reason I ask is because I absolutely adore Lantean_Pegasus's idea for Sunrises for Japan, and was curious as to if I could use it. The list I hope to use won't be identical to her list at all, except for that one country paired with that one breed?

My hoped list:

1. United States - Lumina

2. South Korea - Purple Dorsal

3. Japan - Sunrise

4. China - Royal Crimson

5. Iran - Turpentine

6. Pakistan - Daydream

7. Afghanistan - Black Tea

8. Syria - Black

In my travels I'll try to take a beeline straight around... I've only used countries that can be gotten to on a single line of latitude, around 33°N, I believe smile.gif

And of course, I've got many lineages going on, so I may be slow getting this, but it'll still be fun!

ETA: I just realized the map I used is decades old... I may have to end up actually changing some of these, argh xd.png

Edited by Aquenee

@Aquenee:

Well, I don't know how it is ruled, exactly, but I wouldn't mind if you used Sunrises for Japan. (It's as fitting as it's obvious, so I shouldn't have the sole right to it, just because I was first.)

And consulting a slightly newer map I'd say the order of countries (supposing you travel in a westerly direction) would be:

1. US

2. Japan

3. South Korea

4. China

5. Pakistan

6. Afghanistan

7. Iran

8. Syria

World Map as of 2011

It doesn't have the exact latitude (and I'm too lazy to get out my real atlas), but it's fairly easy to see where your line is drawn. smile.gif

Oh, and I love the Black Tea for Afghanistan, and the Royal Crimson for (historical) China. I was thinking about the Tea for India, but I wanted to use the Golden Wyverns I like so much...

Bon voyage !

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

@Aquenee:

Well, I don't know how it is ruled, exactly, but I wouldn't mind if you used Sunrises for Japan. (It's as fitting as it's obvious, so I shouldn't have the sole right to it, just because I was first.)

And consulting a slightly newer map I'd say the order of countries (supposing you travel in a westerly direction) would be:

1. US

2. Japan

3. South Korea

4. China

5. Pakistan

6. Afghanistan

7. Iran

8. Syria

World Map as of 2011

It doesn't have the exact latitude (and I'm too lazy to get out my real atlas), but it's fairly easy to see where your line is drawn. smile.gif

Oh, and I love the Black Tea for Afghanistan, and the Royal Crimson for (historical) China. I was thinking about the Tea for India, but I wanted to use the Golden Wyverns I like so much...

Bon voyage !

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Ah, okay, thank you very much! For both the Sunrise idea, as well as the new map and country order. I will definitely be using that instead, it makes a lot more sense smile.gif

So, officially:

1. United States - Lumina

2. Japan - Sunrise

3. South Korea - Purple Dorsal

4. China - Royal Crimson

5. Pakistan - Daydream

6. Afghanistan - Black Tea

7. Iran - Turpentine

8. Syria - Black

And I'm glad you like the Black Tea and Crimson!

The crimson should be almost as obvious as Japan's sunrise, but I had to think about the Black Tea. Trade, and such, and it just gives off those indescribable vibes of correctness xd.png

Can't wait to get started biggrin.gif

Hmmm - anyone else still doing this ?

I just wanted to report my progress.

I had all the 2nd gens done, but Great Britain refused to even go near France. rolleyes.gif Guess I should have expected that, with the old rivalry between the two nations. However, a new 2nd gen will grow up in about 12 hours, then there's a few days of further cooldown, then probably the new release, but after that I can try again.

All the others were really enthusiastic, and gave me exactly the eggs I wanted.

Italy + Egypt (3rd gen)

India+China + Japan+USA (4th gen)

Now it's hoping that I get a Royal Blue from my British/French endeavour...

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Hmmm - anyone else still doing this ?

I just wanted to report my progress.

I had all the 2nd gens done, but Great Britain refused to even go near France. rolleyes.gif Guess I should have expected that, with the old rivalry between the two nations. However, a new 2nd gen will grow up in about 12 hours, then there's a few days of further cooldown, then probably the new release, but after that I can try again.

All the others were really enthusiastic, and gave me exactly the eggs I wanted.

Italy + Egypt (3rd gen)

India+China + Japan+USA (4th gen)

Now it's hoping that I get a Royal Blue from my British/French endeavour...

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Rotflol! Sounds about right. rolleyes.gif