523ponygirl

A New Earth [RP]

(OOC: If someone has a character outside maybe they could notice Corton and Tigershadow above them?)

Corton was loving flying in the open air. Normally he and Tigershadow would try to stay beneath the treetops to avoid being noticed, but today they had decided to take a chance and just have fun. "Who would notice us anyway?" Corton thought.

"Anyone looking up at us, we are not really that high." Tigershadow said.

"Hey, how did you hear that?"

"You were not hiding your thoughts very well, any dragon within a mile could hear that."

Corton decided not to respond and just enjoy the thrill of being in the open air, the wind in his face, the bird in his face. Bird in his face?! He snatched at it. "Ack!" It went and started to fly off. But Corton stopped it, it was a young hawk and could not resist his grip, "Interesting." He said thoughtfully, "I would love to own this creature." He pulled out his knife. The hawk screeched in fear. Corton pulled out a squirrel he had brought for food from Tigershadow's pack and carefully cut a piece off for the bird, who looked at it suspiciously. But eventually took it.

"See, I'm not going to hurt you." Corton said and released it.

The bird stared at him and then flew into the air and started following Corton and Tigershadow.

"I believe it likes you." Tigershadow amused.

Then Corton realized that sitting up like this would drag the two of them down, they were close enough to the ground already, he put away his knife and repositioned himself for flight. Like Tigershadow had said anyone who looked up could already see them, best to not make it easier on them.

(OOC: Corton seems like the type of guy to have a bird of prey as a pet, I am going to edit his sheet in a moment.)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Elise

~~~

Her eyes brightened, "We can be close on the ride, and guess what we're having for dessert? Crème brûlée!" She laughed.

This was a rare thing, both them being with each other on duty and her being this happy. "Well, let's pack! Do you have everything you need?" She asked as she took out a small case from under her bed. "This is all I need."

She had basic things in there, but there were three she thought she would most need for anything. A dagger, a gilded flask of water that she could refill, and a locket.

Corton and Tigershadow reached water, they were talking to each other and did not notice the dragon that they ran into until it was too late. Corton almost fell off but managed to hang on, he pulled out his knife in case the dragon got angry at them and waited for it to make a move.

Tenno

"That is wonderful indeed." Tenno said.

He was truly happy that he would be able to be so close, but being on a small ship worried him slightly, as it would be difficult to have actual private time with one another.

"I have already packed my things. I left them at my home." He added. "And even if I didn't have those, all I would need is you."

Edited by Narath

Merin raised en eyebrow. She combined her mind with Azhi Dahaki and was prepaired to invade Harvaal's mind, if he did not go willingly. "Send me an image of this traitor, and he will soon join you." She smirked.

[super busy this past week in real life, and I wont be on at all next week because of vacation.]

Harvaal

"Hey now, you aren't going to be invading my mind are you?" Harvaal said defensively.

"Why would it matter to you if we new what this trader looked like?" Nyroc asked, walked over to stand by Merin, "Unless he doesn't exist at all."

Harvaal

Now Harvaal was really exasperated.

"How do you elves ever get anything done?" He said, irritation crawling into his voice. "I told you in the ancient language! How can I lie in the ancient language? Just send a man to the market, ask around for him, and when you confront him, the coward would probably just turn himself in! Anyways, if I showed you what he looked like in my mind, couldn't I just imagine a random elf that I have seen? Honestly, you elves confuse me at times."

Edited by Narath

Merin turned to Nyroc. "Please, shut up. We are speaking in the ancient language." She then turned to Harvaal. "Alright, but if we do not find him, I will invade your mind, and force the memory out of you."

Harvaal

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that then, cause this brain is locked up tighter than the king's security." Harvaal replied.

user posted image

Luce was flying quite merrily and closed her eyes to enjoy the wind running through her, but a second after she did, something rammed into her.

She quickly opened her eyes and narrowed them. She saw the whiptail, but not the rider. She dove in, claws out to grasp the whiptail.

She grabbed the small whiptail easily and started plummeting to the ground to crush it, thinking it was a spy or assassin going to Ausiy.

(OOC: I'm pretty sure Nebulas and Whiptails are the same size, though I'm sure either could grab the other.)

Corton was suddenly upside down as the Nebula they had rammed tried to slam them to the ground. He didn't want to harm it, but he didn't want to die either. He placed his knife in his mouth and dropped from his position on Tigershadow's back swinging down. Grasping Tigershadow's skin with all his might, so as not to fall, he swung monkey-style over towards the Nebula. When he was close enough he let go with one hand, almost losing his grip with the other, and pulled his knife out of his mouth and held it to the dragons chest, "Let go." He said firmly. All of this took place within fifteen seconds.

((I've always thought of Nebulas being large, though you may be right.))

user posted image

Luce blinked, slightly surprised that there was another on the dragon.

She slowed her barreling plummet until they were grounded. There, she pinned the whiptail.

"Explain yourself." She demanded in an authorative, but suspicious voice.

(OOC: I always assume dragons are the same size unless stated otherwise by the creator, for example, Tri-Horns are actually quite small. I generally put Nebulas and Whiptails in the normal size area)

Corton dropped a few feet above the ground and waited for the Nebula to land, "I see no reason for such rude behavior." He began, "I apologize for bumping you, but you needn't attack us for it." Corton looked at Tigershadow, the two were partners and he could read Tigershadow's look, "Let me hit her. It said. Corton understood that Tigershadow did not like being at a disadvantage and if the two of them worked together they could remedy that, but there was no reason to get on this dragon's bad side. He shook his head and turned back to the Nebula, waiting for a reply.

user posted image

Luce watched the two exchange looks. She gave an obvious suspicious look at them both. "I said, explain yourself." She repeated in a more demanding tone.

She heaved her lean weight more on the whiptail. Perhaps the dragon would talk if he had a harder time breathing.

Then again, there was another one. She shot an intimidating glare at him, daring him to intervene.

((If the spriters are still active, I'll shoot a PM asking their size.))

Corton sighed, "If that's how you want it." He threw his knife hilt-first and lightning-fast at the Nebula, it struck it in the chin, knocking its head back. At the same time Tigershadow wrapped his long tail around her neck and pulled her backward, flipping her off him, he pounced on top of her and held her down. Corton rushed over, she was strong and Tigershadow couldn't hold her forever. He snatched up his knife on the way by and held it to the dragons throat, the slightest movement by the Nebula and the knife would bite in, "I really didn't want to do this, but you left no other option." He sighed again, "Now, let's try that again, I apologize for bumping you, but you needn't attack us for it." He eased up on his knife and had Tigershadow release the Nebula, "A gesture of good faith." Corton pulled out his whip just in case, "Don't push it."

Tenno

Tenno felt like Luce was being a little too quiet so he reached out for her with his mind.

'How is your flight so far Luce?' He asked telepathically.

Edited by Narath

user posted image

"Not so good, I have this hostile that's going to whip me if I don't behave." She sent to Tenno. She shook her head of the slight pain the cut caused. "Do you have any idea who you're messing around with? The slightest clue?" She asked angrily. "If you did, you'd be more careful of your actions. I think you'll want to put that away." She gestured towards the whip he was holding. She turned towards the whiptail. "I could crush you easily; don't dare to try and hurt me again." She sent telepathically.

((I think she could do some heavy damage to him, seeing as she would have had hard training as the captain's dragon.))

(OOC: Corton and Tigershadow have flawless teamwork. She might be able to wound one, but the other would get her.)

"I have no clue who you are." Corton said, "Tigershadow and I have been living in the forest for the past 4 years." He backed off a bit, "We don't really know anything." He put away his knife, "I am Corton." He held out his left hand, the one missing a finger, in a gesture of greeting, "Would you care to enlighten me on who you might be?"

(( I know. ))

user posted image

Luce nodded, and softened her face and stance. She bowed at Corton politely.

"I am Luce, dragon captain of Ausiy. Please state your occupation." She asked formally and accordingly.

She was still miffed at their meeting, but let it go. It wouldn't do to hold unnecessary grudges. "On the shore of Verma. Do not worry, I can handle myself." She replied to her caring rider.

Corton thought about it a bit, "I suppose I could be described as a mercenary." He put his whip away and Tigershadow visibly relaxed, "But Tigershadow and I were just taking a joyflight, his first time out of the forest. I hatched him there." He supposed he should explain, "He's only four, I have this thing that causes creatures to grow up quickly when I care for them." The young hawk from earlier flew down, "This is..." Corton thought a moment, "Well, actually, I haven't named him yet."

user posted image

Luce, deciding to trust them, gave an approving nod. "Well then, mercenary, I have a proposition for you. Go into the nearest village and see if none of the ruler's men are there. The reward is..."

She pulled off her satchel and spilled out Ausiy's famous gems. "That could fetch you a nice price at the market." She offered.

Corton looked at the gems, he could use some cash, "Where shall I meet you when I am finished?" He asked, he pulled out his knife and picked up one of the gems. He held the gem and touched it with the point of his knife, testing it's value by how badly it was scratched, it came away clean, and therefore worth a lot. he tossed it down, assuming Luce wouldn't want him taking them until after his mission.

user posted image

Luce smiled softly at his acceptance. "You shall meet me back here." She gathered the gems back into her satchel.

"Your friend here can stay with me if you expect I shall run off." She told him. "Now go, quick. I need to stop by." She urged.