523ponygirl

A New Earth [RP]

Plot/Storyline

The Earth is a mess. Full blown war wreaks havoc everywhere it goes. 100 humans, 100 elves, 100 dwarves, and 100 dragons of each kind agreed to have their memories erased, replaced with fake ones, and be sent to live on a new planet. This new planet is called Elimressa. They would be tested with trials, and their reactions would be recorded and used to help the war back home. Well, this got messed up, and the trials were never carried out. So now, all the creatures sent to live on Elimressa had fake backgrounds programmed into their heads, and they never knew there was a problem. The new planet had no technology, so everyone is living like they did in the old days. Peaceful, right? Wrong.

100 years later, Elimressa is divided into 5 sections. Gernot, Ausiy, Riag, Verma, and Dracona. Each of these sections, or kingdoms, has a king. Non-wild dragons have joined with people of every race, and live with their partners in their kingdoms. Wild dragons can be found in any kingdom, although they are most common in Dracona, giving the kingdom its name. Gernot is a humid, tropical land with lush vegetation and tall trees. Gernot has giant earth palaces. Ausiy is a vast desert with many bushes and a few wide rivers flowing through it. Ausiy has stone castles with vast vaults of many gems. The land there is rich with gems. Ausiy is a land of the dwarves, with its many, many mountains. Riag is a tropical land with white sands and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Inland, it has tons of tall rocks. Riag is where the legendary elf palace lies. Riag is a land of the elves. They have a huge dragon academy, and may possibly have the best bond with the dragons. Verma is a land of stones, where the world-wide known, giant stone forest lies. Dracona is more of a wild land, with rugged mountains and ice all around. The dwarves are short, usually with long beards. They live in the rocks, loving to mine. [Like dwarves from The Hobbit.] Elves are tall and slender, with deep connections to animals. They can sing trees into shape, talk to most any animal, and are the master dragon riders. [Like the elves from Eragon.]

Well, as the kingdoms developed, there were small disputes here and there about who would be the 'ruling kingdom' of Elimressa. Well, each of these was settled with a peace treaty. Things are heating up now, and no peace treaty can fix them. The evil king of Gernot, Aslein wants to rule the world. Aslein is a very powerful king, and the fact that he has one of the most powerful dragons in the world doesn't help. Aslein has gathered an army, with Verma as his ally. The queen of Riag, Merin, has stepped up and joined with Ausiy. The people of Dracona remain neutral, although the balanced scales of the war depend on them choosing a side. Who will you join?

Rules

-- All DC forum rules apply.

-- No cussing.

-- Keep the romance at a PG 13 level.

-- Put 'dracona' in the other section of your forum if you read these.

-- Each rider may only have 1 dragon.

-- There is a max limit of 5 characters per person.

-- Anything I say goes, don't try and take over the RP.

-- No god-modding.

-- No power-playing.

-- No gary-sue or mary-sue characters.

-- If you get to play a ruler of a kingdom, you may only play one.

Kingdoms and their rulers

Gernot is led by a human, Aslein. [NPC]

Ausiy's ruler is Elise [played by Onixthebunny1]

Riag is led by an elf, Merin. [played by me]

Verma's ruler is open

Dracona's ruler is open

Kingdoms and their alliances

Gernot and Verma are allys.

Riag and Ausiy are allys.

Dracona does not have a side yet.

Person Form

Name:

Race: [elf, human, or dwarf]

Looks:

Personality:

Crush:

Boyfriend/Girlfriend or Husband/Wife:

Weapon of choice:

Dragon: [if they have one]

Kingdom:

Other:

Dragon Form

Name:

Breed:

Looks:

Rider: [if they have one]

Mate:

Eggs:

Other:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Form: [WIP]

Name: Merin

Rank: [ruler, warrior, rider, or mage] Ruler, and Rider. She can use magic because of being a rider, but is not a Mage.

Race: [elf, human, or dwarf] Elf

Age: 24 [extremely young for an elf, much less a ruler.]

Looks: Merin

Personality: Merin is very outspoken, and you will always know what's on her mind. She loves nature, and always wants peace, although if provoked, she will not stop until she proves her point. She is a skilled rider, and her bond with her dragon is amazing.

Crush: None yet, but she is open (;

Boyfriend/Girlfriend or Husband/Wife: None

Weapon of choice: One of the last rider swords, a creamy colored blade with a razor sharp edge, and a black hilt.

Dragon: Azhi Dahaki

Kingdom: Riag, queen of the elves

Other: censorkip.gif

Name: Azhi Dahaki

Breed: Albino

Looks: This is his page.

Rider: Merin

Mate: N/A, but looking

Eggs: N/A

Other: censorkip.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flat Map of Elimressa

user posted image

Edited by 523ponygirl

OOC| I forgot to clarify. The OOC thread with this same information is already approved, and is in the DC role-plays. I just wanted to make a separate RP thread, so I copied the information. This is my original work. Edited by 523ponygirl

OOC| Thanks gistofeverything! And for all my RPers, this is Merin.

IC|

Merin

Merin rolled out of bed, smacking the annoying little alarm clock a friend had given her. The ruler of Riag was not presentable in the mornings, and did not wish to wake anyone, so she always proceeded to ready herself. Although, Merin's handmaid, Gelwyn, had other ideas. Gelwyn was short for an elf, about the size of a human, and had tan skin, like a Native American. She was older than Merin, but not by much. Gelwyn had jet black hair that hung past the middle of her back, and was usually kept in a braid. Right on time, Gelwyn surged into the room, a smile on her face. "Good morning, My Lady!" Gelwyn addressed her, touching two fingers to her lips. Merin inclined her head towards the elf, her violet eyes sparkling. "Is it possible, to hmm... say, sneak past you?" Merin teased lightly as Gelwyn grabbed a brush and was getting to work on Merin's hair. A look of mock horror spread over Gelwyn's face. "Why, why would you think of such a thing, My Lady?" Gelwyn knew that Merin liked to do things on her own, and it was a joke of their that someday Gelwyn would get her way and would be aloud to move even Merin's legs for her. "Do you not enjoy me tending to your every need?" The handmaid smiled, then returned her attention to a particularly large knot in Merin's hair. Merin smiled, and shook her head. "Oh Gelwyn, I don't know what I would do without you, well, I'd just have to brush my own hair!" Both girls burst laughing at this. Soon, Merin's long, thick hair was tightly braided into a neat fishtail. "Thank you Gelwyn, you are dismissed." Gelwyn nodded, slipping something into Merin's hand before exiting the room through the secret servant's door in the back of Merin's room.

Merin unfurled her fingers and childish joy lit up her face as she saw a soft piece of candy. Candy was rare in the elven world, for they believed in leading healthy lives. Merin had always had a sweet tooth ever sense encountering the stuff for the first time, years ago. She had searched for it secretly, and was delighted that Gelwyn was able to find some. Obviously, Merin could have some made, but then what was the fun of things in that? Merin loved the hunt. She unwrapped the candy and popped it into her mouth. The minty flavored candy was a delightful find. Merin quickly undressed, changed her under garments, and chose a long black skirt that came down to her ankles, and a light yellow, flowy, blouse. Thinking ahead to whatever riding she may be doing that day, she put on a pair of black, tight shorts that reached to her knee, under the skirt. For modesty. Merin checked her reflection in the mirror and grabbed a pair of grey and yellow striped moccasin-like shoes. Slipping them on, she strode out of her house, a smile on her face. Merin glanced back at the house, shaking her head softly. She had sung it together herself. The house was made of four, dark wood pine trees twisting their lower branches into a floor. There were a few steps leading up to the floor, as she did not want the floor to be touching the actual ground. It would be harder to clean if dirt was aloud to sift through the cracks. From the floor, walls rose, straight and true. Then the roof, and a second floor. Each floor had many, many rooms, and it was probably one of the most elaborate houses in the elven kingdom. It could hold 20 people at one time. She stopped in the public gardens, entering through the gate. Merin bent down to examine a pretty black flower with a bright yellow center. She smiled, brushing the petals with her finger.

Azhi Dahaki

Azhi Dahaki yawned, uncurling. He slept on the second floor of Merin's house. Well, technically it was their house, but he would prefer for them to sleep in a cave or something, so he called it her house. Stretching, the large albino dragon stood. The second floor was build, or rather, sung, just for a dragon. There was a teardrop-shaped, dragon-sized hole in the south wall, and there was no roof, just sky. A nest, made of branches sung into shape, grew from the floor. Inside it was a huge, creamy colored quilt. That was his bed. Azhi Dahaki and Merin usually slept together in the dragon hold, [or otherwise known as his room. They just call it the dragon hold,] but they had gotten into a fight and Azhi Dahaki had banned her from the dragon hold. Guilty, he lifted off, gliding down to a near-by river. There was one thing he valued more than the usual dragon, and it was personal hygiene. Azhi Dahaki slipped into the water, letting it wash his scales clean. Fully submerged, with just his nose sticking out, Azhi Dahaki lay there for some time. Finally pulling himself out of the crystal clear, chilly water, he shook once and lifted off to find Merin.

Edited by 523ponygirl

Tenno

Tenno looked across the horizon, admiring the landscape of the land surrounding the capital of Ausiy. He had a wondrous view from the top of the outer ramparts, where he was doing his rounds, making sure his men were doing their duty, checking that all the equipment they had was in order, as well as many other things. As the commander of Ausiy's military force, he had many duties to attend to. However, he preferred to do his rounds on the great city's walls first thing in the morning, bright and early.

"Heavenly day out." He said to no one in particular, breathing in the crisp morning air.

"The reflection of the sun's rays off the sand are particularly wonderful today Captain, don't you think?" Teased a voice behind him. Tenno turned around to see his good friend and colleague, Arentino.

"Enjoying the night shifts old friend?" He mocked back.

"Oh, shut up," Arentino replied yawning. "Was a stupid bet anyways."

"One that you had challenged me to, might I remind you, and I won fair and square 'lieutenant'." Emphasizing his friend's rank.

"Next time I'll win, and you'll have to give me that promotion." He grumbled.

"But for now, relish your month of night shifts. And by the way, night has now ended. Off to the barracks with you."

"Yes sir." He says, snapping a quick salute to his superior before rushing off to get some sleep.

Tenno shook his head. His friend could be an unusual one at times, but he kept his life interesting. He soon finished his rounds, only having to stop to scold some soldiers sleeping on the job. "Now comes the worst part of leading an army." he thought as he arrived at his captain's quarters. As he entered, he saw a pile of reports on his desk and let out a sigh. Why do there always have to be so many?"

Nyroc

Nyroc rolled on the balls of his feet and studied the elf facing him. Yet another sword master refusing to believe that an elf in his 70s could best him with a sword. Nyroc switched Ithro, his sword, To his left hand and side stepped to his right, watching his opponent's eyes carefully. There! Nyroc thought to him self as light flickered in the older elf's eyes. Nyroc brought his sword up to protect his head while stepping in towards his opponent and swinging Ithro around in a small ark to bruise Lisandi's, Nyroc thought his opponent's name was, ankle quickly spinning it and pushing up to jab at his under-arm, then shoving him back with all his strength, watching as he flew back several meters. "Are you alright master?" Nyroc asked the older elf as he struggled to his feet, "Just fine." Lisandi replied dusting himself off, "Iv'e never seen skills like that." He continued shaking his head, "I guess age isn't everything, I am truly sorry I doubted your ability Nyroc." Lisandi said while touching his two fingers to his lips and twisting his wrist in a sign of respect. "No harm done master." Nyroc replied in kind, continuing to use the respectful title, "I hope you have a nice day." he continued and then walked over to the archery range, pulled out his bow and began shooting, ignoring the amazed looks some were giving him because of his speed and strength.

After an hour of archery, Nyroc went back to his house and sharpened Ithro until it was razor sharp. He then walked out in to the gardens and spotted Merin bent over a black flower with a brillant yellow center. "Beautiful isn't it?" he murmured crouching beside her, caught up in the beauty of the little flower, So small yet so perfect. he thought to himself.

Elise

~~~

Elise woke up to another bright morning. She had worked her posterior off the previous day, running around and pushing to keep her servants in order. One lazy servant rebelled only because he didn't want to do any work. This caused quite a scuffle among the servants. The only good thing that happened that day was when the sun was setting. She met up with her secret love, Tenno at a crystal cave. They had a good chat for a while, since it wasn't a very good day. She gave him a peck on the lips, since she still wasn't secure about their affair. If they were caught, they would be in trouble. She had her mind back in her bedroom and stretched as if she had been stiff for a thousand years, and fell off her bed, bruising her chin. "Oww..." She moaned. She stood up and had one of her maids prepare a bath for her. "Would you like the silk oil in the water?" Asked Misari, a plump woman with her hair tied up in a bun. "Yeah, sure." Replied Elise indifferently. After her bath, she got dressed in her usual attire. A red, short-sleeved shirt exposing her midriff with a flowy, yellow skirt with a silky, red hood over her torso and skirt. She slipped on her white sandals and golden bracelets and necklace. Ah, another day of work. She thought grumpily. She forced an innocent looking smile. This always fools everyone. Well, everyone except Tenno. Might as well brighten my day a bit. She requests the captain to her chambers, one of the few places they could have privacy to talk freely.

Edited by Onixthebunny1

Nico

~~~

Smelling like burnt fish isn't the sort of thing Nico wanted to be like around the queen of elves. Still, he couldn't find any other ways of reporting the assassination attack. But he didn't want to turn up looking like some crazy idiot that plays around with fire. The human teenage boy swept his burnt hands through his hand, hunching over the rails of the one gardens as he began to rustle it, attempting to get rid of most of the black dust. He had no plans for using magic to do the work for him, although he was very good with magic using compared to most human magic users. Pulling back to rest his elbows on the smooth railings, staring at his pale hands. They were covered in black dust, like the rest of his body was.

"Losyni agary busha," he whispered in the ancient language, the true name for 'remove this dust.' He felt like as if he aged by 10 years as energy slipped out of him, poured in the spell. Grunting lowly as he pulled away from the rails, crouching by the mire to study his features. He looked much better then it was before; his blonde hair and warrior like clothing looked more clean. But the spell didn't hide the cuts and bruises on his face and arms. His leathery clothing looked like if he been mauled by a bear. I'll deal with the clothing later. After all, it wasn't the clothing that been trying to kill me, Nico commented to himself. His clothing looked more of like if it belonged to a warrior instead of a mage. His clothing was pale brown leather and chain mail, on his wrists had iron bracers protecting them with phoenix like designs on them. One of Nico's favorite toys. It had no magical uses but Nico spent some time admiring the bird patterns printed into the metal.

Plucking the wooden staff off the ground, he made his way over towards the gardens. Using his golden eyes to scan the area and try detecting the queen of the Elves or at least somebody high and important to report to. Nico been shifting works between the elves and the humans, serving both leaders. He had his training in the Elves kingdom, although he wasn't a rider. Bingo, he commented to himself as he spot the Queen hunching over something in the gardens and Nyroc standing besides her.

"Merin," he spoken in a respectful tone once he reached the two. Touching his lips with two fingers as his master taught him recently. Addressing Nyroc next, Nico said to him with his golden glance lowered, "Nyroc." Curious at what they were looking at, he couldn't help but to look over towards the flower they been admiring. Elves and their love for nature, flatly thought Nico as he decided to spit out the news whether they wanted to hear it or not. "Two assassins gotten into the kingdom," the human mage reported, seizing his grasp around his wooden staff more firmly. "I tried to capture them both but one committed suicide before I could take over their minds. The other one however..." Nico lowered his glaze, still pondering on why they are finding such a small useless flower so interesting. Nico didn't dare to speak aloud his opinions to the two on his thoughts on the flower. "...Is still alive and waiting to be questioned. I managed to squeeze out a bit of information out of his mind and all I found out was that these two mean't to assassinate you, Merin. And... They been sent by the king, Aslein."

((OOC: Tenno is a captain, and his friend is the lieutenant. If that got mixed up in my last post, sorry.))

Tenno

Tenno was sitting behind his oaken desk, appearing to read a report from one of the outlying cities of Ausiy. In reality, he was deep in thought, thinking about his secret meeting with the queen the previous night in that crystal cave. She was probably the only person alive that could break his normally stern self, and bring out the best in him. Their day wasn't very good so there wasn't much to talk about, but every moment spent with her seemed to make his worries wash away bit by bit. Her smile, her real smile, not the one she always puts on for show, always managed to lighten up his day, and it seemed all the more beautiful that night, and that kiss though brief...

*knock knock knock*

"Damn it," he thought. "What is it this time? Another stuck up lord worrying about a street urchin steeling their sweet roll?"

"Come in." He called nevertheless.

A young page walked into the room gawking at his surroundings, filled with various armors, weapons, medals, and mostly stacks of pointless reports from across the realm.

"You're new aren't you? Not used to the grander of a politician's office?" Tenno asked, gesturing to his surroundings.

The young boy just looked down and shook his head. Tenno chuckled.

"No worries boy, it's not the life it's cracked out to be. More paperwork than glorious battles, despite what you might think. Stick with what you are best at, and that'll be good enough."

This seemed to put the child to some ease.

"I-I have a message for you... Sir." He said, hastily adding the honorific.

"Who is it from pray tell." Said the captain, reclining back in his seat.

"Th-the queen s-sir. Sh-she w-wishes to sp-speak with you."

Tenno did not show his happiness at the page's reply. He was hoping for another chance to talk to her, seeing that they have a hard enough time to spend to spend with each other in private. He had to talk to her of some matters of importance anyways.

"Thank you my boy," he replied, pulling some documents out of a drawer in his desk. "That will be all that is required of you." Tenno took a gold coin out of his pocket and tossed it to the child who caught it. "Take the rest of the day off, you did well."

The boy grinned, and bowed his way out. Tenno then proceeded to change out of the armor he had been wearing all day. No matter who you were, one could not simply approach the queen in dirty and sweaty clothes. He dawned on a leather vest, and on top of that, a chain mail cuirass and a fresh tunic, displaying the red color of Ausiy, with the coat of arms displayed on the chest. He put on some plain orange leggings to go with it and some steal grieves and bracers after that. Placing on some of his more prestigious medals on the left side of his chest, he walked out he door, grabbing the papers he removed from his desk, and his weapon belt, holding a dagger, which was a gift from the queen during the ceremony of his latest promotion, and his ever present sword Judicium, crafted by some of the greatest eleven blacksmiths alive, and after belting that on he made his way to the castle.

"Aslein!?" Nyroc replied to Nico in shock, "but how did he know where the city was?", Nyroc continued, snapped out of the serene peace of the flower. hmmm ... imagine if they had succeeded we would be with out a leader, and that is not something we want in the middle of the war. "Well I'm glad you caught them, even if we haven't yet gotten much information out of them." Nyroc looked bad at the flower, If only the real world could be as serene as you he thought to the lilly. "Where is Azhi Dahaki, Merin?" knowing that a rider and dragon were never far apart.

"Yes, isn't it?" Merin pressed two fingers to her lips in greeting. She turned to Nyroc, smiling. "Ah Nyroc, tis a bright spot in my day to talk to you." She cocked her head, sharply angled ears tipping up. "Someone is approaching. Their footsteps do not sound elvish." She mused, standing up. "Oh, tis just Nico." Merin straightened her skirt and stood. "Nico!" The Elf Queen greeted him, smiling ever so slight. "You learn quickly." She observed, touching her fingers to her lips and bowing slightly. The traditional greeting pleased her. The Queen was known for her humility, and grace. She wanted her subjects to think it nothing to accompany her on a walk, or in other words, be comfortable around her presence.

A soft groan escaped her lips unbidden as the news of an assassin reacher her. "Aslein." She cursed, fingers clenching. "Take me to him." She spoke, straightening up, leaving the flower with one last longing glance. She had wished to sing it into a different shape, one with more beauty and delicacy, but she had received company in the gardens sooner that she had wished. "Come, Nyroc. I shall explain on the—" Merin was cut off mid-sentence as her dragon landed with a audible *thud* outside. She pressed her lips in a tight smile. Joy and rage rushed through her at the same time. "Azhi Dahaki..." She trailed off, walking to him with slow steps. The dragon rushed at her, nuzzling her cheek. Merin grasped his neck, and he lifted her up in the air as she swung over and landed in between two spines on his back. "Climb on!" She invited her two guests, eyeing her dragon affectionately. To her, this dragon was like a mate. She had never felt the need for a companion other than him, although Merin did fancy Nyroc, only in the slightest. She knew though, as Queen, she was required to provide a heir to the throne. Merin hoped she would be able to train up one of her own children, but was too afraid to approach Nyroc. I mean, one, as a girl, she felt the silly, embarrassing feelings all girls felt, and two, it would just not do to have the Queen refused by anyone. She resigned, with a sigh, to wait for someone to come to her. It only was a matter of time, right?

Edited by 523ponygirl

(( Hey, forgive me if I hadn't searched hard enough but I can't seem to find your character sheets, Ponygirl. :"3 ))

Nico

~~~

Nico enjoyed Merin's friendly greetings. It made him feel like forgetting that she was a Queen just for a moment and joke around with her like if she was a close friend. Remembering his master's warnings, he remained serious as he watched the dragon with amazement and awe. It's scales glittering like thousands of gems in the sunlight as it gave off flecks of colorful light in every direction. He felt a spark of delight from Nyroc's praise but it still didn't fix his ruined clothing. Merin and Nyroc didn't seem to mind- or notice his wrecked and burnt clothes.

"Actually..." Nico hesitated, staring at Azhi Dahaki. His mind trying to figure out whether he wanted to climb on or not. Sorting aside the positives and the negatives, seeing his chances of falling off the dragon's back. A few rumors said that riding a dragon bareback would ruin your legs. He glanced over to Merin. He didn't want to seem rude and disappoint her by refusing her offer. If he did accept the ride, they would all make it back to the area from where the captured assassin was and they wouldn't need to wait for anybody before the questioning. "Alright then," he finally agreed as he moved towards the dragon carefully, studying its long majestic body for any ways of climbing up the beast.

The dragon crouched down as it seemed to notice Nico's concerned expression. Intelligent creature, Nico commented to himself. Careful not to step on Azhi Dahaki's toe as he hauled himself over the shoulder blades of the dragon. Staring blankly around the place to wonder where he was mean't to sit. It wasn't obliviously the back as it was covered in spines. Throwing a expression pleading for help at Merin, he just settled himself behind her, unsure where else he could sit at. It was his first time on a dragon after all.

[They are at the bottom of the first post (; Also, please don't control my character, but its alright this one time.]

Azhi Dahaki

Azhi Dahaki snorted with amusement, projecting a thought into Nico's head. 'Silly Human. I am more than just an intelligent creature. Don't insult me. Also, if you are looking for a place to sit, anywhere in between the spines that line my back would be good.' He only had spines on his back, and they lay roughly 2 feet apart, the perfect size for a seat. They also made good things to grab when one needed a handhold. Azhi Dahaki rumbled affectionately as his rider settled down. He would talk to her later, in private.

Merin

Merin laughed. "Forgive me, I overestimated you. Of course you have never been riding before, have you? Anywhere in between his spines would do for a seat. Azhi Dahaki is very agile, so don't worry about falling either. If you do, either he, or I will catch you. Be comforted, I can stand before you and rise 1,000 feet into the air and jump down, fully expecting him to catch me." She smiled, violet eyes sparkling.

Edited by 523ponygirl

"...My Lord..."

"My Lord..."

The faint voice circled about the fog surrounding his consciousness, on the cusp of recognition, like a word or name on the tip of one's own tongue. It tantalized and tormented as one sought to remember just what they were trying to accomplish.

"ASHDAR...!" The voice yelled, and the young king sat up with a start, with his eyes snapping open. He stretched, rubbing his eyes, while letting out a loud yawn.

"Mmmh, what is it, Geralt?" He asked, blinking his eyes open. At the side of his bed stood his butler and trusted friend, peering at him with an almost irritated look about his weathered face. He was one of the few men that could treat the king like a child and get away with it. Geralt had been the one constant in Ashdar's life, acting as a father of sorts while his biological one took care of the royal business. Managing a country was not an easy affair, and that meant Ashdar was usually left to his own devices. Geralt was the man who was tasked with getting the Prince out of trouble, a trying and often unappreciated job.

Geralt was a portly man. He was in his later fifties, with laugh lines, slightly creased skin, and a receding hairline to show for it. Short, stocky, and dressed formally, the man otherwise looked very plain. He tugged at the right sleeve of Ashdar's silken pajamas, tutting.

"Come now, time to get up. You're already behind. You know what day it is. The monthly address to the nobles. And you can't just skip that, as much as I know you want to."

Ashdar let out an inward groan, running his right hand down his face, trying to wipe the remnants of sleep from his face. Oh how he hated politics. Unfortunately, politics were part of the job description of being king. Even more unfortunate was the fact that the nobles insisted on acting like children, constantly fighting over the most trivial matters. That sort of squabbling never made sense to the young king, not when there was a war knocking at their front door. Ashdar immediately assumed his mental armor, adopting that withdrawn, quiet, and cool persona that his people knew him by. It was second nature to him, almost all he knew by now, and so it came easily.

"Aye, I suppose it is, isn't it?" He asked, then slid out from under the covers. "I'll be preparing myself for the day, Geralt. You're excused. I'll send a guard for you when it is time to depart to the House." The king sighed as soon as his butler left the room. He wandered over to the glass doors of the expansive royal quarters, opening them and stepping out onto the chilly granite. He looked over his fair city, Farwyr, with it's Gothic architecture lending to it's dark, unwelcoming atmosphere. In reality, the town bustled with life, with foreigners coming from all of the other nations to trade. The resulting booming economy was just one of the benefits of remaining a neutral party. Ashdar stared out into the horizon for a long while, several stories above the tallest spire, before he sighed again. He return to his posh quarters, trudging into the washroom to prepare for the day ahead. Perhaps he might ask one of his Magi to contact Queen Merin for him.

Ahh there he is. Nyroc thought as Azhi Dahaki landed near by, "Always a pleasure great dragon." Nyroc said while greeting both him, Merin, and Nico with the traditional greeting, "I am sorry for my delay in a greeting," Nyroc said turning to Merin and Nico with a small bow. As Merin and Azhi Dahaki offered a ride, Nico clambered up awkwardly trying to find a place to sit, followed by an apology from Merin for making assumptions. Nyroc lightly vaulted himself up and gracefully sat down with experience, he had ridden dragons before. "I would trust Azhi Dahaki with my life," Nyroc said once settled, "He is the fastest beast alive." Nyroc continued with his praise, like most elves he found dragons to be amazing creatures with much strength, speed, beauty, and wisdom.

(( My apologizes there, 523ponygirl. ^^; I don't think Azhi Dahaki can read minds. As in the Eragon book series creatures that use magic can read minds but wizards and riders have their own mental barriers to protect their thoughts, Nico uses the similar methods. I'll allow it to pass for this once. ))

I stared up at the sky watching a few dragons fly. If only I could fly I thought to myself. Looks around where I'm standing. "Lost again... oh well." Starts walking different directions trying to find

a way back to my tree. Soon I finally reach the tree to see it fallen over. Looks around where I was standing again. Sees parts of the swapy area ruined. "W-what the..." suddenly bursts into a run torwards dracona.

[We both did a bit of power playing there, you controlling Azhi Dahaki, and me making him read Nico's mind. Although you didn't clearly state that he had a mental barrier. Eh, whatever. It's fine. I'm at the dentist right now, so I can't respond right away. I've been sitting here sense 1:45 and I am so bored. They haven't called my appointment yet.]

I hope nothings happened to dracona I thought to myself. Finally reaches dracona after hours of running. "Oh thank goodness nothing happened to dracona... I better not tell anyone about the destruction. It'd stir people up..." whispers to self. Walks around dracona avoiding getting stepped on. "Maybe I should check on gernot. I've heard some evil rumors about that place... they might've been the cause of this destruction.." I murmured.

Edited by pinkprincessliz

[Please use correct grammar, role-play in third person, italicise the thoughts of your dragon, and please, please don't start plots without my consent, pinkprincessliz. Everyone, PM all plot ideas to me. Honestly, I didn't like the assassin idea. I mean, I like it, but I didn't like that no one notified me first. All plots must be PMed to me before being carried out.]

Nico

~~~

Nico nodded towards Merin's apology.

"It is my first time since I ever rode a dragon." Nico grinned like a fool at Merin. "It is an honor to met you, Azhi Dahaki." He wasn't that fond of riding horses, not to mention even bigger versions with wings and scales. Embarrassed, he settled himself awkwardly behind some of the spines close to the neck. His grin quickly fading away as his cheeks gone bright red. Grasping onto the long ivory spine ridged in front of him. Holding firmly like if his life depended on it as he watched Nyroc climb aboard. No doubt that he had some experiences with sitting on dragons, because by the look of him, he looked like as if he knew exactly where to go. Nico tucked his staff, the Nybil, a beautiful golden phoenix staff in the disguise of a normal walking stick into his arm pit, holding it firmly into place. Bracing himself for the majestic white dragon to take off from the ground.

[You should stay. I can help you if you want?]

Azhi Dahaki

The large cream colored dragon shook, lightly jostling his rider, and her guests. He grinned, crouching down. 'Get ready!' He projected his thoughts in a shout. Merin was used to him, but her friends were not. Nico seemed a little nervous, although Nyroc seemed to have experience. In one thrust of his legs, Azhi Dahaki jumped straight up, snapping his wings open. It took a moment for him to gain altitude, but once he was higher in the air, the large dragon stretched his neck out and ceased flapping his wings. They were gliding high over the city.

Nico

~~~

Nico felt uneasily light and uneasy, goosebumps crawling up his arms and legs as abusive cold wind slapped his face. His knuckles paled as he cling for dear life to the ivory white spines- well Azhi Dahaki did promised to catch him if he fell. Nico didn't know if he should trust the dragon with those words. The Nybil in it's disguise felt numb in his arm pit grasp, Nico had to keep checking to make sure that he hasn't dropped it. Tucking his face against the majestic white dragon's scales as he listened to the tireless beats of Azhi Dahaki's wings dominated his hearing. He was sure that Nyroc and Merin were enjoying themselves, Nico was not. Not that he hated flying, but that he felt unsafe. Sometimes when he's with his elf master, they practice flying a bit. The reason why they don't do it often because it costs a great deal of magic- well at least for Nico as he is only 17 years old. For a human, he has a great amount of magic experiences. Tightening his squeeze around the spine, he impatiently waited for the ride to end.