SpiritWolfe

• Mountain, Stream, and Oak •

Pebblefur paced around camp annoyed. I can't wait here any longer ARGG! I'm going! 'Anyone want to come help at the battle? Because I'm going!' Pebblefur ran out of camp racing to the battle. On the way she had many stratches coming down her pelt from sticks poking out of the undergrowth. At last Pebblefur reached the battle and sprung on the nearest fox doing her best to claw it.

Badgerclaw

As Blazestar fell under the largest fox Badgerclaw ran to his aid, standing over him and protecting him the best he could.

Dawnpaw - Mountainclan

Dawnpaw bristled defiantly for a few heartbeats, opening her mouth to challenge Leopardfire and Blazestar again. Then, she dropped her tail and bowed her head, shuffling her paws in the soft dirt. "I just wanted to fight!" There was no mistaking the pride in her voice. "I wanted to be a warrior." With that, the determined she-cat whipped around, grim-faced, and stalked menacingly back to the Mountainclan camp, laying her ears back to muffle the sounds of the battle.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

(Is Silverwind already Foxpaw's mentor? Or is it not decided yet. Foxpaw is at the battle I just reread that.)

Foxpaw was hiding behind a bush this whole. I need to get out there. She thought. Fox paw ran out and jumped on a fox biting and scratching like it was a rabbit, easy to catch in her opinion, but it was doing no damage what so ever.

(( Yes, Silverwind is Foxpaw's mentor. Also, could you please post OOC comments in the OOC Thrread? Thanks smile.gif ))

Silverwind - Streamclan

Silverwind watched the battle with wide blue eyes, feeling relieved, yet anxious. She was relieved, because the fight was getting worse and worse, and the grass in the clearing was dark crimson with sticky blood. She was anxious, because she didn't know when the foxes - or the cats - would finally tire out and retreat. The Streamclan deputy muddled over her worries, flattening her ears angrily. Suddenly, a red-brown bundle of fur barreled out of the undergrowth, trying to harm one of the vicious foxes. Another cat? Who is- Silverwind suddenly caught a whiff of Streamclan scent underneath the waves of fear coming from the apprentice-sized cat. Oh no! Not Foxpaw! I've got to teach her a lesson when we get back! If we ever get back, a soft, menacing voice whispered in her ear. She shook the taunting voice away and heaved herself to her paws, flinching as a sharp pang of pain pierced her injured leg. "Foxpaw!" Her voice was hoarse, so she cleared her throat and called out again. "Foxpaw! Get back here at once!" Silverwind hobbled into the clearing and batted at the large fox with her front paws as she sank her teeth into her apprentice's scruff. "What. Were. You. Thinking?!?" She spoke through a mouthful of fur while dragging Foxpaw off of the writhing fox.

"I guess I wasn't but everyone looked like they needed help so I ran out." Foxpaw said quietly. She moved her paws in the dirt. Edited by kingcobra2018

Morningkit - Oakclan

Morningkit blinked open her bright green eyes, opening her jaws with an unhappy whimper. She pressed her tiny white paws feebly against Ashtail's belly, curling her nose as the fear-scent from her mother and father stung the roof of her mouth. The white tabby kitten tumbled over her siblings, prodding them with flailing legs.

Hawkfire - Oakclan

Hawkfire laid the tip of his tail on Slatepaw's shoulder, hoping that the frightened apprentice would stop quivering like an excited kit. "It's okay," the broad-shouldered tom whispered reassuringly. "Look, there are other cats attacking the foxes, we'll have their help." But where did those cats come from? he thought uncertainly as the scents of mountains and running rivers struck his nose. He slunk closer to the bloody clearing, his narrowed amber eyes scanning an opening to attack. Suddenly, one of the cats attempted to slide under the fox to attack it's undefended underbelly, but was crushed under the heavy weight. The cat grasped wildly for air, but no cat was coming to his aid. "Slatepaw, we need to help that cat!" Without waiting for a response, the russet-furred warrior sprang into the heat of the battle, dragging the Gamble off of the injured cat. "Back off, you mangy pile of mousedung!" He reached out for Blazestar, sinking his teeth into his scruff to drag him away from the deadly foxes.

Silverwind - Streamclan

Silverwind glared down sternly at Foxpaw, cuffing her apprentice's ear. She sighed, and muttered, "Look, both of us need to get back to camp." She glanced down at her wound, which was still steadily oozing blood. "Foxdung! I need a medicine cat!" She turned back to Foxpaw and murmured. "I want to help too. But the camp also needs protection. Okay?" The Streamclan deputy twisted her slender silver head to call out to Iceclaw. "Iceclaw! Foxpaw and I are going back to the camp! Please, c-come back!" Silverwind hung her head, fearing for the worst as she limped unsteadily away, not looking back to see if Foxpaw was following her. Oh Starclan, what have I done? What if Iceclaw never returns?

"Don't worry, I'll be fine just make sure that Foxpaw gets back safely!" Iceclaw shouted with worry in his eyes. "Make it back safely." He muttered to himself. Iceclaw turned to face the foxes. "You can't win this battle!" He growled. "We outnumber you in smarts, loyalty, members, and skills!" Iceclaw was furious with the foxes, he scratched ones leg so it wouldn't be as fast.

Foxpaw's head was low and her steps slow, she was filled with fear, sorrow and disappointment. "I'm sorry Silverwind, I-I thought I could help, I truly did." Her voice was shaky and soft, trying to be strong she didn't dare speak another word.

Ashtail comforted her poor little kit. "Everything's alright little one, you'll be fine." Her words where spoke with little to no emotion. All my kits may be in danger. She thought.

Owlkit slowly opened her eyes and wailed from the blinding lite. She stumbled over her sisters and looked at her mother with wonder in her eyes.

Gamble

As more cats came from the woods Gamble yowled, "Retreat!" in fox. Tail strait up Gamble loped away from the hissing cats and turned to beckon Whisper, "Come on, we are far out numbered."

Badgerclaw

As three more cats raced into the clearing Badgerclaw watched as the foxes fled into the woods, "MountainClan, stay strong!" Badgerclaw yowled as a command to not go after the fleeing foxes. Standing up from his crouched position over Blazestar, Badgerclaw turned to the tom that had pulled Blazestar to safety, "Who are you?"

Robinwing

As Robinwing burst into the clearing she headed over to where a cat had fallen. As another tom that seemed to be in control yelled a command Robinwing started with surprise. MountainClan? Since when has there been anything but OakClan?

Echokit

As Echokit heard a loud yowl her ice blue eyes snapped open and she meowed in complaint. Tuning her head Echo kit saw her mother and then the den entrance. Coming shakily to her feet, Echokit crawled towards the bright light, curiosity lighting up her eyes.

Edited by Raven301

Hawkfire - Oakclan

Hawkfire's eyes glinted with concern as Robinwing sprang down beside him to help Blazestar, but he couldn't help but feel a pang of affection. The broad-shouldered warrior could not deny that he did indeed have a fondness for the young she-cat. "Robinwing!" Hawkfire crouched beside the newly made warrior and brushed his flank against hers. He licked her shoulder and purred, "The foxes are fleeing! We have won this battle!" Then, he heaved himself to his paws and faced Badgerclaw and meowed evenly in a low, solemn voice. "I, Hawkfire, am a warrior of Oakclan. This is Robinwing." Hawkfire paused to gaze down at her, then he turned his attention back to Badgerclaw. "Mountainclan? I thought there was only one clan in the forest!"

Whisper heard Gamble call a retreat. She and the remaining foxes padded of into the woods. I thought we had enough foxes to pick off those filthy cats. sh muttered

"There appears to be three clans." Badgerclaw said to Hawkfire, "OakClan, StreamClan, and MountainClan. I am Badgerclaw deputy of MountainClan and this is Blazestar, MountainClan leader."

((I know this is going to sound really picky but some things just really bug me tongue.gif .

In clan names (ex. ThunderClan, RiverClan) Clan needs to be capitalized as well as in the beginning. MountainClan, OakClan

Sorry, this is really wierd but it just bugs me. dry.gifunsure.gif ))

Edited by Raven301

"I'm Iceclaw of StreamClan." He said as the foxes retreated turning to the cats. "My friend had to go with a young apprentice but they where Silverwind and Foxpaw." Iceclaw sat down "I think the clans have won this one, but we will be threatened again. Do you think we should report news to each other or just leave it be like we never met?" He asked.

Ashtail comforted the kits.

(Sorry for short post on Ashtail's side.)

Badgerclaw

"I belive we should review borders and take up gatherings as our ancestors did, but now I need to get back to camp as my leader is injured, mate passed out, and I myself am feeling extremely dizzy." Badgerclaw told them, "We should meet here in three sunrises."

"Agreed I will inform my leader ,good bye Badgerclaw and Blazestar." He said bowing his head in respect. "I better get going now."

Moonpaw-StreamClan

Moonpaw, rather frantically, pulled aside small clumps of leaves that she knew were necessary for wounded cats. Burdock root, chervil, cobwebs, dock... What else... what else!? Her icy blue eyes scanned the dimly lit den for anything else she could use.

It was her first battle as a medicine cat apprentice, and she was determined not to mess anything up. Ah ha! Horsetail! That's what I need, she thought, pulling some leaves from the storage. Bundling her herbs up in a large oak leaf, the silvery she-cat settled at the entrance of the den to greet any wounded warriors.

Iceclaw took a path that didn't have the scent of the other cats, he didn't feel like seeing anyone at the moment other than Brightstar. He finally got to camp and walked over to Brightstar. "Brightsar, I have news, there are other clans, and we agreed to meet at the battle scene in 3 sunrises." He said wondering if their leader would be mad at him for making the decision. He caught a glance of the medicine cat apprentice working. "After your decision I need to go to the medicine cat." He said quietly.

Hawkfire - OakClan

Hawkfire dipped his head politely to the three cats. "Nice to meet you." he murmured, the dying rays of the sun glinting in his amber eyes. "Agreed, we will tell our leader to return here in three sunrises." He turned his head to lick Robinwing's ear, a purr rumbling in his chest. Then he looked away, embarrassed, hoping that his short russet fur hid the warm blush that was rising to his cheeks. Suddenly, he saw a paw grasping feebly at the air in the corner of his eye. "Blazestar!" Hawkfire gasped, shock flaring in his widening eyes. "Quick, we must help him! He's losing a life!" The OakClan warrior turned his head away, his eyes dull with defeat. "No," he whispered. "Of course we can't help him. He's in the paws of Starclan now."

Silverwind - Streamclan

Silverwind stumbled warily into the StreamClan camp, stepping into the reassuring familiarity of her clan scents. She staggered to a halt beside the medicine den, sinking slowly to her paws, careful not to damage her wound any further. "Rivereye, Moonpaw, are you there?" She called out, her bright blue eyes scanning the den, searching for the vague shapes of the two cats in the shadows of the small cavern. "I have a wound, and I don't know if it's infected or not." She sniffed it again, cautiously, and withdrew her head sharply, wrinkling her nose in disgust by the sharp, tangy scent. Silverwind dragged herself laboriously into the cool shadows of the den, drinking into the sharp, soothing scent of the herb-stocked cave. "I have so much to tell you!" The StreamClan deputy flicked her ears as she heard Iceclaw entering the camp, telling the shocking news to Brightstar. "Oh, looks like Iceclaw is telling Brightstar already. I can wait, go out there and listen." Silverwind lay down in a soft bed of moss, closing her eyes with a quiet, relieved sigh.

Morningkit - OakClan

Morningkit staggered after Echokit, burying her tiny muzzle into her sister's shoulder. What's going on? she thought, her emerald green eyes scanning the large OakClan clearing. She was startled by the new emotions that struck her like a blast of wind in a dark, raging thunderstorm. Confusion. Worry. Anxiety. The small white tabby kit was glad when Ashtail attempted to soothe her, and she snuggled back into her warm fur, suckling greedily.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Nightsong - OakClan

Nightsong sniffed disapprovingly as she shifted uncomfortably in her mossy nest in the elders' den. "Silly mousebrains!" the cranky she-cat spat crossly. "What do they think they're doing, tramping out into the forest like a herd of bulky deer to attack some mindless foxes! And they left without me!" Nightsong muttered something else inaudible about elders capable of doing things as she heaved herself to her paws and staggered unsteadily into the OakClan clearing. The camp was nearly empty, and unusually quiet. With an unhappy hrrumph, the smoky black cat scanned her pale blue eyes around the clearing, hobbling over to the freshkill pile. Nightsong eyed a plump sparrow hungrily and dragged it out of the heaping freshkill pile, sinking her teeth lavishly into the bird's tiny breast. The dark-furred elder sneezed softly as a stray feather tickled her nose.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Moonpaw - StreamClan

"I'm here!" Moonpaw replied, trotting over to Silverwind. Immediately, the scent of other Clans, fox, and blood hit her nose. Despite the foul smell, the apprentice immediately got to work examining the wound. Once the size and depth of it was assessed, the she-cat went to the pool of saltwater that came from a small underground river from an ocean a few miles away. Unlike the other Clans medicine cats, Moonpaw was taught to clean wounds with saltwater to add to the prevention of infection. "This will sting, but it will get the dirt and dried blood out."

Being as gentle as possible, the young she-cat squeezed water filled moss over the wound until it showed only clean, pink flesh. "What was it exactly that gave you this?" she asked, tossing the soiled moss away.

Silverwind - StreamClan

Silverwind flinched as the sharp tang of saltwater droplets fell harshly against her raw red wound, but it was steadily cleaning away the debris and any signs of infection. She watched approvingly as the bright, young apprentice worked without hesitation. "Fox." the StreamClan deputy immediately replied, being a cat of few words. "Iceclaw will tell you the rest of the story. It's quite interesting, actually." Silverwind shifted to a more comfortable position in the mossy nest and sat on her haunches, her icy blue eyes peering into the darker recesses of the medicine den. "Do you have anything that could numb the pain a little?" The silver tabby bit her lip nervously, shuffling her paws in the dusty ground.

Nightsong - OakClan

Nightsong gulped down her sparrow hurriedly, swiping her pink tongue luxuriously around her round black muzzle. She was about to haul herself onto a large smooth boulder to soak in the rays of the sun when she heard a muffled mew, high-pitched with worry. What's this? the elder thought, dragging her paws against the forest floor. Kits? Since when did OakClan have kits? Suddenly, a pang of realization hit her. Ashtail! Nightsong quickened her unsteady pace, her black fur bristling with excitement, as if she was a young kitten herself. "Ashtail?" she called out in a voice hoarse with delight. "Do I hear the mews of newborn kits?" Nightsong trotted into the nursery den, purring warmly as she caught sight of four tiny bundles of squirming bodies, all suckling greedily. "They're beautiful!" she murmured, her eyes narrowing with pleasure. "Have you named them yet?"

Moonpaw - StreamClan

Moonpaw nodded grimly at the mention of fox. A shiver ran down her spine, as she remembered vividly how she encountered one after wandering off as a kit. Shaking the thoughts away she said, "Yes, let me get some dandelion." Without further conversation, she busied herself in chewing the flowers to a pulp and gently smearing them over the wound. The she-cat proceeded to cover the treated wound with a thick layer of cobweb.

"There," she said, stepping back to admire her handiwork. "Come back in the morning for fresh cobwebs, and if you can't sleep you can have some poppy seeds."

Moonbeam watched as Moonpaw worked on a cat inside. What happened. he thought. Seeing Moonpaw step out of the den he walked over to ask what happened. Hello Moonpaw, who are you working on. Was there a battle?

Moonpaw - StreamClan

Moonpaw looked up from cleaning her paws as Moonbeam approached. "Yes," she replied, shaking the water from her fur. "Both foxes and other Clans. I have a feeling I will be seeing more patients before tonight..." It troubled the apprentice to know that her mentor wasn't around to help. She had no clue where she was, and could only hope she wasn't caught in the fight.