SpiritWolfe

• Mountain, Stream, and Oak •

((I think it would be cool if the foxes had gods but it is up to Wolfy))

Edited by Raven301

Leopardfire

"I understand that you want to join the battle; I do too," Leopardfire replied. "However, you are too young to have shed blood on your paws, and Blazestar has ordered us to protect our camp. In my opinion, this is the most vital job. Our elders, queens, and kits are stationed here." Of course, the latter was a half truth, but Leopardfire wanted to raise Dawnpaw's spirits. I wonder if Blazestar wanted to protect me? No! He can't place such favoritism on others! That would be the downfall of the clan! Leopardfire's fur bristled at the thought. Was the leader concerned for her? Is that why she couldn't participate in the patrol? Nevertheless, Leopardfire kept her stance at the enterance, waiting for the enemy to appear.

(( I too think a OCC thread might be a good idea, it seems like a chunk of posts here are just OCC and not RPing. So might as well, right? c: ))

Slatepaw - Oakclan

Slatepaw sat trembling as what she just witnessed played through her mind. She had been hunting by the river when she had seen the rustle of bushes and expected prey to be inside. What she didn't expect to see was a fox attacking two cats. Mewing, she looked around and sniffed frantically, trying to catch a whiff of the fox-scent, hoping that it was long gone. Back,... I need to get back! The young kit thought as she turned tail to run away from Streamclan territory and back to her own camp.

(( Okay, I'll set it up tomorrow. I've started to delete some of my OOC posts, too. The 'gods' and the fresh kill pile is up to you guys, I want you to have the choice :3 ))

Dawnpaw - Mountainclan

Dawnpaw looked up to Leopardfire with admiration, realizing that her words contained a wisdom that was far beyond her reach. What a fool you are, Dawnpaw! You'll never become a warrior with an attitude like this! Be happy that you can defend the camp alongside your clanmates. "Y-You're right, Leopardfire." She muttered sulkily to her mentor. "But they'll come back, right? Surely they will tear those lousy foxes to shreds?" Dawnpaw hoped with all her might that she was right, but the expression on Leopardfire's solemn face said otherwise. She dipped her head submissively, choking back a sob. "I'm scared for them, Leopardfire. I'm scared."

Iceclaw decided to forget about an anser and run back to help Silverwind. When he finally got there he said "Silverwind! we've got help! I'll keep a look out!"

"I need all the help I can get! I'm heading out for a clan and a powerful one hoping to wipe it out, Streamclan!" She yelled.

(( In my own opinion, I like to think the Foxes have a 'god' that deals with each aspect they have and they ask them for help or evoke their guidance whenever they go out on missions or whatever. Like, Stealth for the trackers, so that they can hide from their target; Guile for the spies, so that all foxes might hide/use it to dissuade others and hide what they're really up to; and then for the Assassin's they'd have Cruelty or something showing that they wouldn't show mercy to a target. And then the leader of the Foxes would have to be in tune with all three, that's why he/she is the leader.

Kind of like how the medicine cat is in tune with parts of Starclan, but the leader has to be able to see most if not all of it, y'know? =P

I edited it, the edited part is bolded.))

Slatepaw - Oakclan

"H-Help! Help!" She yowled as she bolted back into her camp. "I smelled foxes by the river! They,... they attacked two cats!" Slatepaw was huffing and puffing, gasping for breaths as she warned her fellow cats.

Edited by Inutomaru

(( I don't have time to RP, but I will answer your questions. The prey can be anywhere, as long as it is inside the fox camp. And I do like that idea, Inutomaru. I think I'll add that in :3 Also, ChocolateIzzy, thank you or pointing that out. In my rules, it clearly states thy each post must be at least 3 sentences long >.< But as long as it is descriptive enough, I'll accept it. ))

((I don't have time to rp but I think we should come up with names for the fox gods to give them faces and legacies, ex. Ratano the stealth god was born as a normal fox but as his ability in stealth grew he decided to steal ...'s (what ever the god of cruelty's name would be) heart. Ratano succeded and when ... found out he was enraged seeking out Ratano he praised him and gave him the immortaily of a god so he could punish Ratano forever. But apon learning ...'s plan Ratano fled to forever slink around the skies with his stealth, hiding from ...'s rage. That was long but you get the idea))

Edited by Raven301

(( I meant that Stealth, Guile, and Cruelty would be their names. It's the three essences a 'good' fox should strive for, and so they praise and revere those three aspects. :0

But why would a wolf be a fox 'god' anywho? ))

Kaesix - Excelsiors

Using a bone to clean between his fangs, he chuckled at the emptiness of the camp. "Heh, I suppose I should have gone out with the others," He let the bone fall from his mouth and rolled onto his back, swishing side to side in order to give it a good scratch. "Ah well, I'll see what spoils they've collected when they return."

((oh well we could do it either way. Sorrry about the wolf thing *goes and edits* I meant fox tongue.gif !))

Gamble

Gamble flicked his tail in reply to Raze's report and crouched lower scanning the under growth for fur. There! Gamble spotted not fur but a cat-like shadow partially hidden by leaves, They're in the trees he thought with surprise. Looking up he could not see the accual cat but its shadow was unmistakeable. "They are in the large oak over there." Gamble murmured to Raze never taking his eyes off the shadow "One of us should go out there and the other stay hidden to surprise them." Gamble continued, "At first act like a lone fox so we can take them by surprise with our planning." As Gamble spoke he edged over to the rim of the clearing. "Await my signal." he whispered to Raze kinking his tail.

Edited by Raven301

Leopardfire

Leopardfire gazed at her apprentice with kind eyes. "Please don't ponder about such things," she murmured. "As one, we are weak, but if that 'one' becomes many, we can overcome anything . Dawnpaw, this is what makes us different from other clans. Even so, I'm worried about the fate of camp if the foxes attack. If the tide is against us, blood is definitely going to be shed within sunrises. Dawnpaw, I'm acting awfully out of character recently, aren't I?" The golden warrior paused, waiting for a response from her student. "Also, have you noticed that Blazestar has been acting strange lately?" As she rose from her position, Leopardfire watched into the distance.

Frostleaf

Mouse dung! Why am I even worried about the situation! I'm sure our clan is strong enough to fend ourselves in times like this, but why haven't I received any dreams from StarClan about this? Frostleaf shuddered, his dark pelt rustling. Fresh air...yes, that's what I need. In moments like this, Frostleaf had wished that he was a warrior. Yes, in his apprentice days and even kithood; Frostleaf had the desire to become a warrior, one that was just and fair. StarClan, he even had hopes of becoming a leader! However, Frostleaf's perception began to change when he realized that he lacked the lust of blood and reluctance to fight. And so, here lies Frostleaf, wallowing in the mud of a medicine cat's duties to the clan. Pity I'm not a warrior. Perhaps StarClan wants me as a medicine cat. I'm just not...fit for being a warrior. With a jumble of thoughts in his mind, Frostleaf stalked out of the den to where Leopardfire and her apprentice, Dawnpaw, were standing guard.

Edited by XiaoChibi

(( OOC: For the fox 'gods' (maybe I'll call them Spirits, or something?), I'll let you guys sort that out to your liking. I'm not great with coming up with ideas anyways, and I really like yours :3 ))

Dawnpaw - Mountainclan

Dawnpaw lowered her gaze and dipped her head regretfully as Leopardfire corrected her harsh words. Still, all the hairs on the back of her neck were trembling stiffly with worry, and she couldn't hide the terror that was reflecting back at her through Leopardfire's eyes. "No, Leopardfire." Dawnpaw purred softly. "How could you ever be out of character?" She fell silent as her mentor spoke up again, and snorted. For just a heartbeat, she nearly meowed in laughter; how could Leopardfire, her loyal, respected mentor, be so dense? "Leopardfire, have you seen the look on Blazestar's face whenever he looks at you?" With that, Dawnpaw also heaved herself to her paws, pacing anxiously by the Mountainclan camp entrance.

Silverwind - Streamclan

Silverwind scrambled nervously down from her perch on the tall sycamore, her thoughts churning wildly in her head. "You've brought the others?" She looked over Iceclaw's shoulder, all the muscles in her body tense. "Good. We'll go now!" Silverwind whipped around and bounded through the dense undergrowth, but not before giving a quick lick on Iceclaw's shoulder and murmuring a few words of comfort. "We'll make it through this, I promise." Silverwind raced around trees and over small streams, weaving among bushes and ducking under low branches. She was nearing the mountains quickly, and the impending doom of the foxes was spreading over her heart like a black cloak of fear.

Raze - Excelsiors

Raze nodded in response, following Gamble's gaze to the shifting shadows among the undergrowth. Tracing the shadow line, he began to tremble with anticipation as he made out the blurry outlines of cats. Cats. What pathetic creatures. He twitched his ear in a quick, subtle 'good luck' before disappearing among a thick wall of brambles and leaves. Raze kept his eyes on Gamble, patiently awaiting his signal to attack. Time seemed to slow down, and his rapid gasps of air became smooth, even breaths. He dug his razor-sharp claws in the ground, tearing at the soil and ripping through thick roots and plants.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Gamble

Gamble padded into the clearing, and full sight of the cats he knew were above, with his head down seeming to be obliviously scenting the air while he scanned the bracken around him for the party of cats he knew would be on the ground. As he walked further into the clearing he raised his head as if having scented something. As he did so he walked directly under one of the shadows that was lurking in the trees.

Badgerclaw

Badgerclaw stiffened as a huge red fox padded into the Sky Oak clearing. I hope his buddy isn't as big Badgerclaw thought reconizing the scent of a second fox. As the oblivious fox walked directly under Springheart he willed her to drop on the huge creature, but also wanted her to stay in the tree where she could not be harmed.

Robinwing

Robinwing nudged Mousetail beside her. "We should go after that fox scent," she suggested "it could hurt a cat on its own, but we need to bring at least one other cat with us." Robinwing continued looking around the camp.

Springheart saw the unsuspecting fox under her. She new that she should've stayed and waited for orders, but she couldn't take it any more. He was the perfect target. Springheart yowled as she leaped down on to the foxes and murderously ripped at his pelt.

Blazestar heard a yowl. He quickly flicked his ears towards it. "Springheart!" He hissed quietly. Blazestar stayed ever more so hidden. Waiting for just the right moment.

Gamble

As the cat above dropped onto his shoulders, Gamble twisted in a split second move easily crushing the cat and forcing it to let go. As he spun to face the cat he smiled his crooked grin, "Your gonna die." he said in perfect cat, even if is cat-voice was a bit raspy. Switching back to fox Gamble barked to Raze, "When the others show themselves first take out the biggest problem then help me with the others, got it?" As he finished the sentence Gamble slinked forward directly under where he knew the second cat in the trees was. Gamble quickly stepped in and fliped the cat before him. "To bad, no one can beat me," he said in cat again "I'm the best fighter in this forest." Gamble continued with his cocky grin.

((Can I just say that Blazestar made himself impossible to spot and the foxes can't know he's there))

(( I would think that both Gamble auto-hitting the cats by crushing one and flipping the other without giving any time to react, and if Blazestar were to be completely un-detectable [[Which, with all the cats around I'm sure he could blend his scent in, but it would still be lingering around]] are both minor forms of God-Moding. At least, that's how I've always been told when I RP. :0 ))

(( OOC: I agree with Inutomaru, those are slight forms of god-modding. You don't have to edit your posts now, just keep it in mind in the future :3 ))

Raze - Excelsiors

Raze attempted to make no reply to Gamble; any movement or sound from him would surely give himself away. But he had heard his command, and that was the only thing that counted. His eyes scanned the trees warily as he tried to pick out the unmistakable shadows or silhouettes of the cats. Their scent filled his nostrils and clung to the roof of his mouth uncomfortably, but the wily and cunning fox could see no trace of them anywhere among the leaves and branches. Raze watched silently as Gamble battled and spoke to the cats with an air of ease, and he had to secretly admit that he was quite awed. He did not understand what Gamble was saying to the cats, but he could understand well enough by his tone of voice. Raze bared his teeth in a crooked smile, anxious for the other unsuspecting cats to come out into his trap of claws, fangs, wickedness, and darkness.

(( EDIT: Did I say that Rainheart can mentor Foxpaw? If not, then yes, Rainheart can mentor Foxpaw laugh.gif ))

Edited by SpiritWolfe

(OOC kay! As long as it's still ok with BlueApollo biggrin.gif.)

"Silverwind this way!" Iceclaw knew that they wanted to get out of trouble but he started following Nina's scent untill he came to the excelsiors camp and saw foxes al around him.

((But its meant to be a sneak attack! I wont make him extremely powerful just undetectable!))

(( You can still do that though, it was just something to keep in mind. x] ))

Slatepaw - Oakclan

Out of breath, she flopped to the ground, watching as no cats ran to her cries. Did no one care that there were foxes just outside their territory? Sure, it wasn't their problem as long as they stayed over there, but what if they crossed? She mewed quietly in defeat as she slunked over to the den she slept in and went to take a nap.

Edited by Inutomaru