Skellybones

Good Eggs Go Bad II - We need people!

Raeris heard talking, and slowed almost immediately. In fact, she heard growling. She rolled her eyes, walking out of the shadows, into the dragon's line of sight. She flicked her tail, looking upon the scene carefully. Now there were two drakenlitches- one of which had shadows wrapped around three of the other dragons. And one of the dragons was a vampire. Just her luck- someone who could hear her. Vampire. She said, watching him.

Puff watched as the other Drakenlitch wrapped her shadows around the three other dragons. Even if they were, they had come to help her, even after she'd used her shadows against them. Maybe Puff wasn't meant to be a scary and mean Drakenlitch like this one. Maybe she was meant to be something more, something like- "A hero..." Puff whispered as she struggled to her feet, wincing slightly from her leg, which was already starting to feel better. Puff stalked over to the other Drakenlitch and snarled, "Put. Them. Down." Her shadows, which had left her since before she'd broken her legs started to return to swirl around her, turning a red color even angrier than Shadow's.

(All this time I've been finding myself... and I didn't know I was lost. ^-^)

Edited by aqub

Shadows shadows turned pure black. They reached out and grabbed the drakenlitch. No. She growled. The shadows made the four dragons unable to move. They tightened around them. She saw another dragon in the distance, but that dragon had done nothing so she decided to leave it.

Puff struggled, her face turning red with fury. "Your gonna wish you'd never done that," She muttered. Puffs shadows lashed at out Shadow's, attacking them and forcing them to unwrap everyone. Then Puff ran at Shadow and pinned her down, her shadows spiraled around her in victory, waiting to attack any foreign shadows if they cam back.

(Shadow is the most awkward name to type in this. ;-;)

Edited by aqub

Raeris watched the two small dragons fight, waiting for one of them to come to a halt. When that did happen, she walked toward them both. Once she was beside them, she started nudging the one on top, trying to get her to get off the other drakenlitch. This was no time to fight, and sadly she couldn't get the vampire's attention yet. When she could, though, she would explain.

Shadow turned Puff over and bared her teeth. Try me. She whispered. Shadow bit into puff's mussel, her shadows shadowing in a deep blue. She let go to speak. Why am I like this? It's in our types nature. How can you betray us. You make me embarrassed to be a drakenlitch. Her shadows hit puff and she ran. She ran into the deepest part of the forest. If only the great Lune was here.

(You ninja.gif d me. Does this need changed))

Edited by freezerpup

(Sorry if your actually mad at me for making puff change... I don't want you to be mad at me after all. x3 Wow, I'm getting brain fart from posting on this so many times today o_o)

Puff looked up at Raeris. Why did she come back? As Puff wondered this, the dragon she had pinned bit her on the muzzle. A shadow of the other Drakenlitch knocked her down, and before Puff could look up it was running away, already too far to bother chasing. Puff stood and thought, Have I really betrayed my kind? She looked around into the eyes of the dragons surrounding her. Lena was still ducking and shivering in fear of the other Drakenlitch's shadows. Puff stared at the ground, her face turning red with fury again. "IF ALL DRAKENLITCHES ARE LIKE YOU, THEN I'M EVEN MORE EMBARRASSED TO BE ONE!" Puff howled as loud as she could in the direction that Shadow has disappeared to.

(All caps yelling=Against the rules? I already use italics for something else though...

Also sorry if there's a mistake or something weird somewhere, I'm to tired to proofread this effectively)

Edited by aqub

((It's fine :2 im not mad, shes your character after all. you choose what happens to her :3 oh and instead of caps is use bold :3))

Shadow heard the drakenlitch. She dashed back, her shadows wrapping around the drakenlitches neck. Your embarrassed? Think about the almighty Lune. She was kind to other dragons, and look what happened to her. They betrayed her. I suggest you stay with your own kind, or your going to end up dead. Shadow let go of Puff her shadows swirling around herself in a deep red, with purple. So, What is it? Die, or, live with your kind?

Edited by freezerpup

Raeris was fed up, to be honest. This little dragon... did she not understand the danger she was in? Or perhaps she didn't sense it? Either way, the mort dragon felt she had to do something. She was starting to lose her temper ever so slightly. In a quick succession of movements, she had pinned the attacking drakenlitch down with one paw- this was one of the few times she had used her size to her advantage. Once she had done so, she met its eyes, trying to get her to realize the severity of the situation. This was no time to fight amongst themselves. There was something bad coming.

(God my brain is so tired out I nearly spelled it brian. >_<)

Puff choked as the shadows wrapped around her neck, she tried furiously to claw at Shadow as she spoke. Then she fell down to the ground as the shadows let her go. Puff stayed still, thinking about what the other Drakenlitch had said, even after the maned dragon had pinned Shadow down. She slowly looked into the other Drakenlitch's eyes and nodded, then started to walk in the direction that Shadow had run off to before.

(*Prays freezerpup will reply to this soon* edit: WHAT NOW SHADOWWOLF NINJA'D ME?!)

Edited by aqub

Shadow got pinned down by some wierd maned dragon. She growled, clawing at the mane. She saw the other drakenlitch, puff, run in the same direction as she had, taking her advise. Shadow pulled her attention back to the funny dragon. Her shadow's lifted the dragon off her and while she had the chance, she ran in the same direction as puff, her shadows letting go of Raeris. Puff! Yelled Shadow.

((Sorry I was sleeping -.-))

Edited by freezerpup

Vladimir just sighed as he was restrained and what not. Honestly, this was a little over dramatic... Then again, Vladimir didn't care if he couldn't couldn't breathe or move or whatever. He was undead, for GoN's sake. Instead of moving as the others fought he opted for smiling at Raeris. "Sometimes, dragons really are idiots..." He said quietly, watching the two run off. "They are becoming more and more intelligent, but losing their connection to nature and their instincts. Even I, who is already dead, can feel it in the nature around us..." He took a deep breath. "We act like humans, not the predators we are." He tilted his head. "You can feel it, too, no? This is not the time to fight over things so petty. Even rabbits and wolves can work together to escape danger. But we cannot. We think too much, act too little. Am I right?" He smiled at Raeris again.

Lena gaped after Puff and Shadow. How could she have changed her mind so fast?

Puff slowed as Shadow caught up to her. Then, stopping all together, Puff looked over her shoulder and into Shadow's eyes. Puff slowly smiled, and said calmly, "I would rather die than be like you. Lune was betrayed by a monster." Puff's shadows surrounded the other dragon, and Puff ran the short way back to where the others were. "And they are not monsters... They're my new friends." Puff smiled and looked into the eyes of every dragon in the group. She finished with Vladimir, who was speaking to the maned dragon. Maybe he was a monster, but still a nice one.

Lena looked up at Valdimir, confused. "Oh, she doesn't talk," Lena put in helpfully. "Danger? There's something coming?" Now that Lena had the warning, she could feel it too. Something coming. Something looming. The dragon that Puff and Shadow had mentioned came into her head. Could it be... something Luneing?

(Hah. Bad pun I'm sorry. xd.png I just wanna let you know I didn't change my mind that fast, I totally meant for Puff to fake Shadow out.)

Edited by aqub

Vladimir met Lena's eyes. "She talks to me... The dead and the living always talk to me. Just usually not in a friendly way," he told her, tilting his head and smiling. Then, feeling Puff's gaze, raised his head to meet hers and smiled welcomingly. "We all need to stay together, wether we like it or not. Because the trees whisper and the flowers sing. You just have to listen closely..."

((Hey freeze- we're talking about a horse-sized dragon, compared to a hatchling. Raeris is fully grown, and probably weighs a lot more than Shadow could lift... I don't see her getting out that easily, and Raeris's attention is all on her. And shadows are pretty much the same strength as their user))

Raeris raised an eyebrow, watching the little dragon slip from beneath her paw. She shrugged, turning to look at the vampire. You do know they can't hear me, right? Her smile was genuine, for once. Not just some painted markings. But I agree. The world has changed... but acting like humans... perhaps not. Last time I checked, humans weren't quite that stupid. She sighed. Tell me, vampire. Do you mind if I use you to communicate with these dragons? There is something coming, and it would be best if they could understand.

Edited by Shadowwolf6

((wow, so much has happened without me!))

Bridget picked up Riolu and walked calmly over to the other dragons. She had felt the... the thing coming ever nearer this whole time, and was on the brink of panic. "okay guys. Now that we got that all... almost sorted out, can we go now? How about you hold Puff?" Bridget finished, looking up at Vladmir. "Let's leave before we start fighting again, or before that other skeleton comes back, or before this scary thing comes here!!!"

Riolu crouched on his mother's back. He didn't dare climb off because as soon as she took off, he knew he could never keep up.

Edited by turtlerockstar1

Lena smiled at the vampire. "What's your name?" She asked kindly. "I'm Lena, this is Bridget and Riolu, and she's Puff." Lena added as she nodded around at the group.

Puff glared at Bridget as she spoke, then at the vampire. "I can run myself. My leg feels fine now," Puff lied. Her leg had started stinging again.

"Ooh, I wanna ride on his back!" Lena fluttered up onto Vlad's back and flopped down between his shoulders, hugging a small part of his back.

Vladimir blinked as Lena suddenly jumped onto his back. He gave Raeris a nod of consent and smiled at the other dragons. "That's right, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Vladimir, but you call all just call me Vlad. Oh, and I'm the only one who can hear... Uh... This dragon... Talk apparently..." He added, mentioning to Rearis. "Let's talk while moving." He picked up Puff, despite her assurances about her leg, and dropped her on his back with a sweet smile. He then turned back to Rearis. "What's your name?"

Head away from the mountains. Raeris muttered, turning toward the greener forests. Whilst she didn't expect the trees or cover to be of much use, they could use the escaping animals as guides, if need be. When the vampire asked her name, she looked back. Raeris. What is yours?

Bridget was glad to finally be moving away from the mountains. She jumped into the air and circled above the others, waiting. She saw the last trickles of other animals fleeing the site.

"Vladimir. Nice ta meet ya, nah?" Vladimir chirped cheerfully. "You can just call me Vlad!" He then turned to the other dragons. "This is Raeris, our new friend. She said we should head away from the mountain, follow the fleeing animals to safety! Let's go!"

Raeris started off toward the forest, walking relatively fast. She entered the trees, moving into the darker shadows happily. After a few moments, she looked back toward the vampire- Vlad. Have you heard of the dragon Lune? Have you heard of what she's done? She took a few more steps. Because she is coming, and we need to... we need to get away.

Lena fluttered in front of Vlad's face. "Aww that's a nice name! of course I'm gonna call you Vlad!" She booped his nose happily. Lena fluttered onto his back again, and greeted Raeris cheerily.

Puff stalked a few paces behind the others, dragging her leg, and hanging her head and tail. Maybe she should have let someone carry her. Puff watched Lena and sighed. Did she not know that this dragon was a vampire, and what vampires were known to do?

Riolu looked over Bridget's shoulder at Puff. He suddenly remembered that she still hadn't actually told them her name, they had just randomly began...knowing. He shrugged. "Hey Mommy? I think you should go pick up Puff anyway. She looks lonely and pained." He said. Bridget swooped down and stopped in front of puff, forcing her to stop. "Wanna ride?" she asked, trying to make her back look as welcoming and comfortable as possible.

((I thought Vlad picked Puff up...))

"Yes, I've heard of her... If she really is coming... Well, even if the rumors are false, I don't want to risk them being true..."

Vlad's steps faltered suddenly at the smell of death in the air. They were walking in the direction he had come from. Luckily, his own scent in the clearing was unrecognizable. But still, he felt bad for having his friends step towards such a gruesome scene. "I smell death in the air..." He warned them, pretending to be worried.