Skellybones

Good Eggs Go Bad II - We need people!

"Maybe that is what she needs!" Squeaked Lena, not thinking of this before. "Wait up!" She called as she ran after Bridget and Riolu.

((I realized that my character description depicted Bridget to be happy and playful... I haven't really done that, so I'll try to more now. don't mind the random character shift laugh.gif ))

Bridget wagged her tail and purposefully knocked over Riolu into Lena. "Keep up!" She joked. Then she scooped them up and placed them on her back. With the risk of tripping over them gone, Bridget focused on looking for Puff. She heard sobs and then she could feel sound waves bouncing off her ear drums, but couldn't actually hear anything. hmm... she thought. where could she be? Suddenly, she spotted the small shivering skeleton slumped on the ground. "There you are." She said warmly. Come on, now. Perk up. Chin high. Be proud and confident. you have friends now. We can communicate in different ways."

Lena squeaked and flopped over on the ground when Riolu was pushed into her. She jumped up, ran over to Puff, and agreed warmly with Bridget.

Riolu hopped off of Bridget's back and sniffed warily at Puff. "... so... what's your name? Can I guess?" He started getting excited as an idea occurred to him "Maybe we could play charades to guess your name!! How many syllables is it?"

Bridget agreed wholeheartedly. "Yeah! Stomp for each syllable and maybe pantomime it... But not all names work like that, mine for example. Did I tell you my name? It's Bridget. And this is Riolu, my son, and this little playful one is...?"

Lena opened her mouth to speak, and then paused, trying to figure out if she could act out her name. "Lena!" She squeaked happily after deciding there wasn't a way.

(Hey Turtles, is everyone else dead???)

Edited by aqub

((I have no idea. Maybe we should die too... at least until they revive themselves... biggrin.gif Bridget has nothing else to do, really, until Puff does something. I'll PM you.))

((Whoops I'm back))

I'm..... Uh.... Puff. Puff said un surely before running off. She soon found a little den and crawled in it. Her eyes would surely give her away. She started crying loudly again.

"Oh, darn. Well that was successful" Riolu said sarcastically. He followed Puff as best he could, but she was a very fast runner. He ended up sniffing her trail and following her footprints, which was hard because she hardly left any of either.

Bridget saw Puff run away and then, immediately after (but much slower), Riolu trailed her as best he could, flying in some places. Great, she thought, now both of them are gone. She looked down at Lena with a confused look. "should we wait, or try to follow them?"

"We should probably follow them!" Squealed Lena as she spun in a circle. "Riolu could get into trouble." Lena darted off after Riolu and Puff.

(I hope I can join. Hate to have spent all of this time on an app to not use it.)

Forum name: Celestina

Dragon Name: Eliaa

Breed of Dragon: Golden Wyvern

Breed description:

"Golden Wyverns are known for their beautiful metallic scales and rumored magical abilities. Living high in the mountains, these dragons do not believe in killing for sport or pleasure. They will hunt only when hungry and defend themselves when provoked, but will avoid killing to the best of their abilities. Golden Wyverns often mingle with other dragons of similar color and take pride in their shimmering hide."

Description of your dragon: user posted image

Eliaa is exceptionally beautiful, even among her own race. Her face is slim and long, with expertly groomed and polished gold scales covering her features. She has shockingly bright blue eyes, like the ice blue topazes littered around her hoard, and horns/claws that look to be made of ivory, but are as sharp as a razor. Her horns and claws are slightly longer than normal.

Talent: Eliaa possesses the Golden Wyvern's magic that is often dismissed as myth. She can create elaborate illusions, which she uses to direct unwanted suitors and greedy thieves from her hoard.

Personality: Eliaa is a stereotypical example of her breed. She despises killing for anything but to feed, and she has never killed in self-defense. She is considered remarkably attractive, even for a Golden Wyvern, but doesn't seem to be aware of it. She is more focused on staying alive and unscratched than finding a mate, which is why she usually flies solo. Despite this, a first impression any dragon might have of her is "amiable."

History: Eliaa was born from a long string of silver Shimmerscales and Golden Wyverns. Due to the rarity of both breeds, Eliaa was the only egg from her parents' clutch, which made it all the more disappointing for them when she came out as a female Wyvern instead of a male, or even a female Shimmerscale. Following the family tradition of keeping only exclusive male Wyverns and female Shimmers, Eliaa was abandoned in the mountains to die.

It was here that she met Celestina Valacari, an old Gold Dragon who had tried countless times with her mate Tobias to produce a clutch, only to fail every single time. Enchanted by the young hatchling whose scales so resembled her own, the Gold took the youngling in as her own. It was she who gave Eliaa her name, styling her after the Gold's name for her mountain cave. Her foster parents took great care in raising their daughter, teaching her the way of kindness and how recreational hunting was very much immoral. Because of the rarity of their scales and skin, Celestina and Tobias often had to flee with their hatchling from hunting humans. When Eliaa had just reached adulthood and her talent began to reveal itself, her parents sent her away to save her from more poachers, along with a large crystal egg. Celestina promised that, one day, they would meet again, and, if Eliaa was ever in doubt, that she would look upon the crystal egg and remember her family. Eliaa never saw Tobias and Celestina again.

When Eliaa started her own hoard, deep within the mountains, the crystal egg became the only thing she truly never wanted stolen or lost. She cares little if anything else is stolen, but that egg is everything to her.

Since then, Eliaa has had limited contact with other dragons. She keeps herself hidden from the inherent fear of being hunted down, but also because she is awfully shy around dragons who stare... meaning everyone. The darkness is not welcome in her cave, which is lit with magical, extinguishable fire, because with darkness comes death, and death is what she fears.

Other: Nope.

Speech Colour: This lovely shade of Gold.

Edited by Celestina

Puff heard no dragons. She crawled out of her den after she had stopped crying. She sat about to take in her surroundings. She found a path. A path that was glittery. She started to follow it.

((Accepted!))

Raeris sighed, watching as the other dragons ran after the drakenlitch. She had no time to waste on such creatures, who thought themselves useless and tried to make themselves fit with a pre-made mould. As they disappeared into the trees at the side of the clearing, she turned around herself and started to walk the other way.

((Welcome back shadow! I can't reply until turtle or aquab replies. I pmd u btw))

((I'm going to hop in unless it messes something up. Don't be afraid to tell me))

Eliaa's ears flicked up at the sound of scuffling and running. Carefully, she stepped over her gold piles and slinked towards the entrance to her cave, warily watching for the cause of the sound.

This particular location was hidden in a forest, next to a lovely clearing full of wildflowers and green grass. Luckily for her, this cave happened to be big enough for what remained of her hoard, and she intended on guarding it very carefully.

However, as she peeked her head out, it wasn't to keep intruders away, but rather to see what the heck was going on. Quickly, she pulled her head back into the shadow as a hatchling ambled by, following a glittering path of... something.

Immediately, Eliaa's crown flared as she sniffed at the ground. There was definitely something valuable along the path, but the scent was unfamiliar. Curiosity spiked as she emerged a little more, but a small whine left her throat as more footsteps sounded in her ears, and she retreated as more dragons came thundering after the drakenlitch. In her haste, she had not realized that she hadn't hidden her cave with magic, and the opening was wide and inviting to anyone who passed.

Puff looked behind her one last time. She spotted a dragon hiding. She looked down the sparkly trail again. She ran toward the gold dragon

Eliaa watched the drakenlitch hatchling running about, but it took her a moment to realize that the hatchling was running towards her. She whined again and attempted to fix her illusion, but surprise had gotten the best of her, and she did not succeed.

No matter. This one was a youngling, and younglings didn't bother her as much as bigger dragons.

"Are you lost?" she found herself asking quietly, her voice rumbling with kindness.

Riolu could Hear Puff now. She seemed to have stopped. He started flying, for speed. He was getting really good at it, but every time he did, the sweet smells of his wings billowed around him, so there was no hiding and sneaking up now. He shot out of the undergrowth into a small valley full of beautiful flowers. There was the path that Puff, and later him, were following, but there was no hatchling on it. Instead, he caught glimpses of the small skeleton running towards a cave with a dragon in it. But there was something else...

Riolu slithered towards it, belly scraping the ground to get a closer look. There was something shining in the cave! He found a nice bush to hide behind and folded his wings noiselessly. Nobody could find him with his hiding skills!

Bridget Fought the urge to call out Riolu's name. She followed behind Lena with Difficulty; she was much bigger than everyone else who followed this path. She suddenly became aware that The Mort dragon wasn't coming too. She considered going back, but then she figured that she would rather save her son than talk to a stranger.

Lena looked back and giggled at Bridget's difficulties. While she was, she misplaced a paw, and rolled suddenly sideways in an impressively painful looking wipeout. Her tumbling finally slowed down, and as she came to a stop at Eliaa's feet, she let out a long highpitched whine.

(What's an aquab? xd.png Without the second A is preferred xd.png)

Edited by aqub

((Whoops sorry))

I don't know. Puff growled. She turned around and ran down the glittery path. She kept running. Faster and faster. The swear dripping off her. Her shadows protecting her now weak legs.

The drakenlitch ran, giving a rather curt response and disappearing. A small sigh of relief found its way out of Eliaa's muzzle until another small dragon came tumbling into her cave.

Immediately, Eliaa could tell that it was a pygmy, not a hatchling, who had tumbled into her paws and began to whine. Immediately, Eliaa's ears found their place flat on the side of her head as she retreated into the back corner of her cave, using the black underside of her wings to make herself seem smaller in the shadows. When she realized that this pygmy wasn't really a threat, she crept closer again, completely flat against the ground, as she examined the little dragon.

"Are you okay?" she asked, hot air blowing from her nostrils. "That was rather impressive."

Edited by Celestina

"Yeah, I'm okay... I think," Lena stood up and shook the dirt from her scales. She had a few bruises, but looked okay. "That actually happens a lot," She giggled. Lena looked up at Eliaa's shining body. "Wow," Lena gaped, "Your really pretty!"

Eliaa could feel the heat forming on her cheekbones at the compliment. Gently, she sat up and folded her wings so she was in a sitting position.

"Thank you. I'm glad that you're alright," the wyvern said. As per family tradition, Eliaa nudged a gold coin towards the pygmy in greeting. "My name is Eliaa. Did the glittering path bring you here as well, or was it the little drakenlitch? She seems a fiesty sort." She frowned. "Speaking of, your little friend took off at quite the breakneck speed. Is she okay?"