7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I swear this is the longest a shiny hunt has ever taken me ever

This is even longer than my Heracross hunt

All I can see are baby ice creams

Baby ice creams become my entire life

Pink-ice ice cream, where are you c'':

Just wondering, do you all have the shiny charm? And does it help a lot if you do have it? I'm thinking about trying to get a full Pokedex so I can get both charms but I don't know if it's worth the time.

Just wondering, do you all have the shiny charm? And does it help a lot if you do have it? I'm thinking about trying to get a full Pokedex so I can get both charms but I don't know if it's worth the time.

I'm too lazy to get the shiny charm. I hear it helps with the masuda method, but I dunno if that's true.

From Serebii:

When you have the item in your bag, then the chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon in the wild is increased to 300% of normal, making it a 1 in 2,730.6 chance. If, however, you're using the Masuda Method to breed, it increased it from 1 in 1,365.3 down to 1 in 1024.

As of Pokémon X & Y, the rate increases from the standard 1 in 4096 to 1 in 1365.3. It is not known if it affects breeding

I would say it's definitely worth it. Not sure if it affects breeding in X and Y (I doubt it, as the description for Black and White 2 was "A shiny charm said to increase the chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon." whereas X and Y's description is "A shiny charm said to increase the chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon in the wild." It SHOULD affect the Radar, chain fishing, and Friend Safari, though. I assume it doesn't affect breeding because the Masuda method is slightly better than the Shiny Charm in most cases or something. I'm not sure of the exact ratio for MM, but I assume it's probably 1024 or lower (which would be higher chances). I don't think anyone knows for certain, though.

I do have the Shiny Charm, and usually with that and Masuda Method shiny hunts don't take me long, but this one is getting ridiculous (I've stopped counting by this point but I am soundly over 2000 and still nothing) c':

So it definitely helps a lot (at least in my case it seems like) but not always I guess |D

Edited by Pika_Oi

Just traded a Mudkip for a Lucario (with a bad name, I'll catch/evolve a new one) holding Lucarionite..... Time to get a Charizard X biggrin.gif (PS: Mudkips must be magical, I'm getting GREAT deals with them)

Then there's those annoying people who read your profile wrong (ex: Mine said: Trading: Mudkips), and then ask you to trade, and then offer you what your trading. x.x

user posted image

(via serebii)

Hope this comes out for other regions as well.

Oh my gosh, I saw that earlier! They better make it all regions, or I'm going to cry!

I do have the Shiny Charm, and usually with that and Masuda Method shiny hunts don't take me long, but this one is getting ridiculous (I've stopped counting by this point but I am soundly over 2000 and still nothing) c':

So it definitely helps a lot (at least in my case it seems like) but not always I guess |D

Like I said, I'm not sure (actually no one is) that the Shiny Charm affects breeding or not. I seriously doubt it, only because it says "in the wild" for the description in X and Y.

But anyway.

Yes, even with those high chances, you're still not guaranteed a shiny. You could literally hunt 5ever and you still may never get a shiny. Personally, when I feel a hunt is taking way too long, I pause it, do other hunts, and come back to it later. I usually have better luck the second time around.

How my Wonder Trade thing went:

Hoppip - Scatterbug - Absol(Spanish)

Basculin - Lumivole(French) - Rufflet - Klefki - Clauncher - Bunnelby - Flabebe - Honedge[Pokerus] - Ralts - Emolga(French) - Scyther - Zigzagoon - Oshawott

Dwebble - Swablu

Furfrou - Smeargle

Skiddo - Marill

And I'm still going.

Some shinies are absolutely horrifying. For example, shiny Espeon is a disgusting shade of green. It looks like it got dipped in paint or caught some extreme sickness. But other shinies are pretty. Like Absol, I like how it has a red body and blue eyes.

SHINY UMBREON IS ADORABLE. All they do is change the ring colors from yellow to blue. I want one... My two favorite shinies are Absol and Umbreon. I dislike Totodile's. I mean, really. You have another green/blue one. It looks better with red and blue... Not aqua/teal and blue...

SHINY UMBREON IS ADORABLE. All they do is change the ring colors from yellow to blue. I want one... My two favorite shinies are Absol and Umbreon. I dislike Totodile's. I mean, really. You have another green/blue one. It looks better with red and blue... Not aqua/teal and blue...

And eyes from red to yellow.

My favorite shiny is Zorua: user posted imageuser posted image

I also really like Umbreon (user posted image) and Carbink (user posted image)

There's a great number of shinies that I like, mostly golden, blue, and red ones, but there's too many to post. Unless someone really really really wants to know for whatever reason.

Actually I'm kind of mad because some of the shinies I liked before don't look as awesome in 3D as they did in sprites. :c Meanwhile, there are a few shinies I didn't like that I do like now.

Zorua does look great. And yeah, forgot about that. xd.png I dislike Espurr's... They turn it PINK. It could destroy the world. And it's PINK. (They finally made a Pokemon that stays like a cat, at least. Well, some cats.)

I still don't know why I dislike Vivillon. My Sylveon dislikes being touched. ._. That, or I slapped it by accident. I don't know. He dislikes me.

Ninetail's shiny form is good, too. user posted image

...I want a shiny Umbreon, though.

My Sylveon dislikes being touched. ._. That, or I slapped it by accident. I don't know. He dislikes me.

That's why I NEVER touch the Pokemon directly. I always put my stylus off to the side and drag it over to the Pokemon. I don't know how, but I think the sensitivity is weird or something because I keep hitting my Pokemon when I don't mean to ;n;

Sylveon has feelers everywhere D: I can't touch the screen without touching it...

I have all of the Eeveelutions as Pokemon cards, though. I collect cards. For no reason.

Back to the point: Sylveon is the only one like that. Mewtwo, Delphox, Talonflame... Those are the ones I normally play with(and Eevee. Eevee makes adorable noises) in Pokemon-Amie. I can touch them directly and they don't get slapped. DON'T SLAP MEWTWO UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE. I hid under my blankets afterwards... My... Friend(?) dared me to. I regret it. Sin loves me. I regret hitting her(My Mewtwo has no gender so I call Sin a girl)...

I pet my Sylveon just fine? O.o I think I've hit him by accident like once, but he loves being pet on the bow on his neck. I mean, he likes being pet anywhere, but that's his favorite spot.

Chesnaught is extremely terrifying when you slap it. ;n; It doesn't do much, actually, but the look is just.... ;A;

Also Absol has an adorable pouty face whenever you try to pet the horn on its head! Protip, don't actually do that, because it doesn't like it, but the face is just so cute imo! XD

Edited by edwardelricfreak

...My Sylveon just hates me. :'C

Their looks normally make you regret it.

It is adorable. xd.png I have a lot of Absols, so I was petting them all. Mainly Silver(named after Silverphoenixx). Absol is adorable when it's happy. Also...

user posted image

DON'T TOUCH ESPURR'S EARS.

I hope that haunts your thoughts.

Maybe you've slapped it too many times? :c Maybe you can make it happy again by playing with it and feeding it and giving it high fives.

I think Absol is just one of the cutest Pokemon in Pokemon-Amie in general. It gets all pouty when mad and has the more adorable face and cry when happy XD

Actually Chesnaught is freaking adorable when happy. And then immediately goes back to being super serious. o3o

Haha actually I think Espurr is cute! It's a bit creepy, but I think it's super adorable. :3c

Meowstic and Espurr: The actual reason I got Pokemon X. Seriously, I wanted the game for them. And because you can customize your person...

Slapped it once. Sylveon just hates me. D'X ...I'm okay with that, my Mewtwo loves me. Sin likes to have her hands pet.

Pokemon-Amie is awesome. xd.png The Pokemon with 'bad reputations' seem to be the cutest... Especially Absol and Yveltal <3

I don't think I have a Chesnaught. xd.png But it's cute in the Amie.

Espurr is adorable in the anime when it smiles. I saw a picture and I basically melted. xd.png

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/origin...628/609/f2f.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/030...guy-d74fb6k.jpg

asdfjkl

This is also true.

Is this how your Sylveon is?

http://i4.minus.com/iuFQ8JnL3aGGk.png

So basically, Chesnaught is always very serious looking. Mine likes to come in from the side like this like this or from the top. The happy moment is super brief, only being this. I can't find any good angry pics anywhere, but it's really....unsettling. It's one of those "Do that again and see what happens. No, really, I insist."

Also idk, shiny Espurr was mentioned earlier, but I just wanted to say that I actually like it. It's really cute.

ESPURR IS ONE OF THE CUTEST POKEMON. :'D I guess I don't mind the shiny form, it's more... It's just weird. There's too many pink shinies.

...Yup... That's my Sylveon... Who is now loving me...?! You know, he can just go into the Daycare. I like Safe, my Espeon. At least he loves me. And isn't as bipolar.

Aww xd.png That's cute~

There's a Ho-oh in my Amie, discussing stuff with a Scyther and a Charizard. : D

Hmm...A slapping Pokemon discussion. biggrin.gif

My Yveltal loves me, but I slapped him twice (accident)...My Charizard "always seems out of it", so I think I need to slap him (Or feed him, but slapping would be funner. ;D).

Personally, I think the pokemon on X and Y should have brighter colors, like on the older Pokemon Games... :/ They always made me feel so happy! (Like Shiny Umbreon!!!!)

Edited by 20mia08

There's too many pink shinies.

I disagree, there's too many YELLOW shinies and not enough pink shinies I think (which is why I decided not to evolve my shiny Espurr tbh) c':

Edited by Pika_Oi

oh my... I found out that my FS is actually ponyta, Larvesta, and ninetails... lolololol

I kinda wish I could hunt my own safari to be honest since I love fire... and all those pokemon as shinies X3

also espurr is the best pokemon ever. I got a plushie of espurr for x-mas I want to make it lil cloths sometime.

Edited by 626lavaheart

I really hate my FS. :\ I know it's water and I have Bibarel and Wartortle, if I recall. I don't know what the last Pokemon is because I haven't gotten it checked since before the E4.

If I get Azumarill or Frogadier for the last slot, maybe it will actually be redeemed, but eh.